Author Topic: ImillaSkate - Indigenous Bolivian Skate Collective  (Read 226 times)

SaySo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
ImillaSkate - Indigenous Bolivian Skate Collective
« on: June 02, 2022, 06:43:28 AM »
Came across this in my Instagram feed. I don't think it fits under the "crazy instagram clip" thread, but maybe it does? I think it's better here.

Imillaskate is a 9 person collective of indigenous Bolivian skaters who skate while wearing traditional Andean attire to bring awareness about their history.

https://www.instagram.com/imillaskate/

Link to the National Geographic Article (Kind of a long read):

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/article/these-bolivian-skateboarders-use-indigenous-attire-to-battle-discrimination

I honestly feel some type of way about giving National Geographic shine since they've got such a suspect history. But I think it's cool that this group is getting coverage because honestly they're not the type of group that traditionally would...Torn like Natalie Imbruglia.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 98
  • What the fuck was that
Re: ImillaSkate - Indigenous Bolivian Skate Collective
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 08:10:29 AM »
Following them, pretty awesome
Cocteau Twins

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 08:39:22 AM »
Cool gave them a follow also. Nice to see Ryan Lay and Eman Grizzle following them also. I probably would have put this thread in UWTB just to give them more attention.

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 10:32:57 AM »
Cool gave them a follow also. Nice to see Ryan Lay and Eman Grizzle following them also. I probably would have put this thread in UWTB just to give them more attention.
Ah, will do next time. Lol. Thanks for the heads up! Is it worth moving it?
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."