Author Topic: Ryobi Days at Home Depot -  (Read 1109 times)

busstopmag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
    • BusStop avatar image
Ryobi Days at Home Depot -
« on: May 27, 2022, 09:41:48 AM »
I there's a sale at home depot and I have some ryobi tools already. I was looking at getting some batteries and some of those wireless lights for helping shooting skate photos. Don't really need much and it seems like a good deal, two batteries for 89 bucks and you get a free tool.

I was also thinking of getting a reciprocating saw and oscillating tool combo, because those come in handy too. (not really de-knobbing spots these days but you never know)

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Ryobi Days at Home Depot -
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2022, 12:29:59 PM »
Worked for HD for 10 years..You're not gonna find a better "weekend warrior" platform than Ryobi. Tools are great value for what they are. And the steals on batteries/ combo kits for Ryobi days is sweet.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022, 12:32:07 PM »
Worked for HD for 10 years..You're not gonna find a better "weekend warrior" platform than Ryobi. Tools are great value for what they are. And the steals on batteries/ combo kits for Ryobi days is sweet.

Good to know. Need to buy basics (lawnmower, leafblower, power drill, etc.) for my home. Thanks for the heads up.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2022, 05:18:46 PM »
The lawn mower isn't great. But if you've got a small bit to cut it will be fine. If you're looking at a blower, get the 40v one. It's much better than the 18v

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2022, 06:16:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Good to know. Need to buy basics (lawnmower, leafblower, power drill, etc.) for my home. Thanks for the heads up.

if you've got more than a postage stamp, in my experience, you need at least 2 batteries for a battery operated lawnmower, weed eater, and blower. I'm on about a 1/3 of an acre and it takes me at least 4-5 charge cycles with one battery to get the whole lawn done. It's not a ryobi, but I can get the same job done with an old ass husky gas powered mower in 45 minutes.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2022, 07:16:10 PM »
Dude, Home Depot has killer deals on Milwaukee stuff. They make some crazy lighting rigs but I don't know the price.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2022, 07:11:23 PM »
Ryobi, Ridgid, and Milwaukee are all made by the same company and are roughly in ascending order of quality (Ridgid also makes Propress plumbing tools which are basically the top of the line industry standard but they are their own universe entirely).

Figure out which line has the tools you can see yourself wanting because you essentially get married to the battery type for each line and there’s no cross compatibility.

If you wait for holidays there will be some kind of crazy deal that will get your foot in the door for whichever line you choose.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2022, 07:13:42 PM »
you guys know that everything at home depot is free right

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2022, 07:30:14 PM »
If anything goes wrong, at least Rino has taught us all how to return things properly to HD.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2022, 02:47:15 AM »
Sthil makes the best shit

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2022, 10:14:53 AM »
Who’s with me in the Dewalt Gang?

yellow forever

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2022, 10:20:51 AM »

yellow forever

Me. After a lot of years on Ryobi and a brief fling with Flex.  Got a high torque impact wrench last Christmas, so started replacing my Ryobi stuff.

I really like my Flex impact and drill, and wanted to go all in on that platform, but they’re just moving too slow on releasing new stuff.  Quality is A+ though, but so is Dewalt.  I’ll probably stick with Dewalt from here on out
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2022, 10:39:16 AM »
My work has a Hilti account and supplies my gear so that’s what I use on a daily basis, great stuff if you like tools that are twice as powerful and heavy as everything else.  As for my own tools, I just buy Certified or Mastercraft or whatever the cheapest thing at Canadian Tire is.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2022, 01:14:03 PM »
I just got the Ryobi weedwhacker. I recommend getting at least 2 batteries so you always have one to swap out. Granted I’m running it for longer because I’m clearing away unkept areas, but it seems like it would be a good idea. They seem to be a good value.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2022, 01:38:14 PM »
Expand Quote

yellow forever
[close]

Me. After a lot of years on Ryobi and a brief fling with Flex.  Got a high torque impact wrench last Christmas, so started replacing my Ryobi stuff.

I really like my Flex impact and drill, and wanted to go all in on that platform, but they’re just moving too slow on releasing new stuff.  Quality is A+ though, but so is Dewalt.  I’ll probably stick with Dewalt from here on out
Dealt is amazing. They're built so tough and I think the batteries outperform the other brands. Milwaukee has the smallest tools which are sometimes best for the job. The 12V ratchet is an amazing tool that Dewalt just has not gotten close to

I'm on the 18V system still, but slowly changing over o the newer 20v and 40v. The old stuff is just built so tough it wont stop kicking

Back on the Ryobi topic... the top woodworker and upholsterer for superyachts in Vancouver swears by his battery powered Ryobi hot glue gun. He says it works amazing and if it suddenly stops, he just takes it back to Home Depot and gets a brand new one for like 34 bucks. The Ryobi stuff really isnt too bad

homicidalpsychojunglecat

• Rep: 15
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2022, 01:44:28 PM »
I'm just finishing up building a cabin on my property and the most valuable tool I've purchased has been a Ryobi impact driver.

I'd used a friend's Milwaukee and liked it but had to keep costs down, so Ryobi it was. $149 in NZ for the skin, battery and charger, plus $40 for some decent impact rated bits. Honestly it's done everything from putting the frames together with bugle head screws to putting on the roofing iron, the cladding, the lining. I love that thing.

Now of course I already have the Ryobi hand vacuum and I even went and got a Ryobi 2 stroke trimmer. That weekend warrior call is right for sure - decent enough quality and good price.

rukes

• Rep: 214
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2022, 03:34:21 PM »
I got a heap of Milwaukee stuff, but these days I feel like all the big brands are gonna be pretty decent

Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Magnolia

• Rep: 426
  • She/They
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2022, 03:43:35 PM »
you guys know that everything at home depot is free right
I worked at lowes for a grip and so much shit got stolen from my department. I was not proactive about stopping theft lol
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

busstopmag

• Rep: 16
    • BusStop avatar image
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2022, 12:20:23 PM »
Sthil makes the best shit

My Stihl Kombi-tool is amazing, I just tore up a bunch of shit, trimmed some grass, and edged my driveway with it.
I got two big ass cans of fuel with each attachment I got for it. It's heavy though, so I gotta keep it to under an hour with it every time I use it.

Fuck that Stihl chainsaw I got though. I'm no lumberjack, for sure, but that thing is such a pain in the ass to use. It's an MS171, It'll start if it feels like it.  I just got the ryobi Recipricating saw and started using that instead, since I'm mostly cutting things about the size of a scooter kid's arm.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2022, 03:30:48 PM »
I'm personally backing Makita. Not for any particular reason, but I bought the 18v drill with charger and realized that I could just make all my tools Makita and use the same battery. So now, every cordless tool I buy is Makita. Just got a new orbital sander, in fact.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2022, 08:19:02 PM »
i like makita. The chainsaw is the shit for around the house stuff and fire wood. Will never maintain a small engine again unless it can wheelie