Author Topic: Tyshawn Jones SOTY  (Read 65861 times)

Big Skatefase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
Re: Tyshawn Jones SOTY
« Reply #690 on: December 07, 2022, 07:03:51 AM »
Expand Quote
That alternate angle was underwhelming as all fuck. Maybe the reason we aren’t seeing that angle in Play Dead is because it really makes the trick look kinda average.
[close]

I have to agree, maybe those angles are better in terms of showing the gap but they definitely don't make the trick look any better. I astonishingly might be with Fat William on this one.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #691 on: December 07, 2022, 07:10:45 AM »

bill @ water tower gap

Did this link break?

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #692 on: December 07, 2022, 07:12:17 AM »
backside reacharound with the ultimate backside reacharound, wacking off bill for that absolutely botched angle and giving him validation for it, nice job

he does make the gap look small in the alternate angle but i don’t think it makes it look unimpressive, it’s more of a testament to how fucked up his pop is that he can just blast a kickflip that high and far

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #693 on: December 07, 2022, 07:15:35 AM »
fat bill did not make it "look good" though?  what is he amen-ing
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #694 on: December 07, 2022, 07:22:47 AM »

bill @ water tower gap

nooo what happened to the pic?

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -204
« Reply #695 on: December 07, 2022, 07:28:09 AM »
backside reacharound with the ultimate backside reacharound, wacking off bill for that absolutely botched angle and giving him validation for it, nice job

he does make the gap look small in the alternate angle but i don’t think it makes it look unimpressive, it’s more of a testament to how fucked up his pop is that he can just blast a kickflip that high and far

yo, the video came out and everyone piled on the big boy because the footage didn't show the gap the way the cover did... but now that the alternate angles are out, and they suck (including the one that shows the gap straight on), i'm not above giving the man his due... his was the best angle, by far, and makes the trick look the heaviest... thems the facts

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #696 on: December 07, 2022, 07:30:57 AM »
Expand Quote
That alternate angle was underwhelming as all fuck. Maybe the reason we aren’t seeing that angle in Play Dead is because it really makes the trick look kinda average.
[close]

I have to agree, maybe those angles are better in terms of showing the gap but they definitely don't make the trick look any better. I astonishingly might be with Fat William on this one.

you guys are out of your fucking minds

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #697 on: December 07, 2022, 07:39:14 AM »
Expand Quote

bill @ water tower gap
[close]

nooo what happened to the pic?

I would bet copyright takedown by Bill. He thought it was actually his footage.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1440
« Reply #698 on: December 07, 2022, 07:51:30 AM »
Film a TJ ender properly fat bill challenge: IMPOSSIBLE

dannyprovolone

« Reply #699 on: December 07, 2022, 07:55:20 AM »
its like when rowley back three'd off a mountain on the one cover and when the footage dropped it looked like a standard ditch

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1440
« Reply #700 on: December 07, 2022, 07:59:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #701 on: December 07, 2022, 08:11:00 AM »

whats the explanation for d7 then ? that was a crime against humanity to film it that way

ejazzle

• Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #702 on: December 07, 2022, 08:39:42 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cl2NO7fpuW8/?igshid=MWI4MTIyMDE=
The atiba angle is the one. Everything looks huge like it is and it makes the kickflip look good. That first alternate angle makes the kickflip look low and far from his feet plus it is still too zoomed in to grasp the scale of the gap.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #703 on: December 07, 2022, 08:49:40 AM »
The spot has already been shot. Unless there have been serious alterations to the station, all they had to do was adapt how it was shot for Tengu: God of Mischief and adapt it a bit for HD over VX. 2:51 mark.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #704 on: December 07, 2022, 08:56:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’m guessing someone sent this to him, but it’s pretty funny thinking about Billiam going through these threads looking for some shred of positivity about his filming

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
« Reply #705 on: December 07, 2022, 09:01:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I’m guessing someone sent this to him, but it’s pretty funny thinking about Billiam going through these threads looking for some shred of positivity about his filming

Bill absolutely does read Slap.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1196
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #706 on: December 07, 2022, 09:24:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Bill absolutely does read Slap.
if that’s the case, billiam, suck me

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #707 on: December 07, 2022, 10:25:17 AM »
The spot has already been shot. Unless there have been serious alterations to the station, all they had to do was adapt how it was shot for Tengu: God of Mischief and adapt it a bit for HD over VX. 2:51 mark.

This is my issue. It would be one of those "no, trust me it's huge, I've been there" clips if it was just filmed bad and there wasn't a way to film it better.

But we already have the proof it's possible from some random no names, and that's why I was bummed.

I don't want to dogpile anymore. I just wish there was a bit more humility and humbleness in the way these videos were shot and edited.

Bill created a style everyone is biting. That's great, that's innovation. Now elevate it by refining it. You've made your "statement" with the extremes, now show that you can tastefully integrate it with all of you other techniques better than anyone else. We know he's got it in him, and I think that's why everyone gives him a hard time.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #708 on: December 07, 2022, 10:53:41 AM »

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #709 on: December 07, 2022, 10:54:26 AM »
Fat Bill, your filming still sucks. Post this on your IG. You won't.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

JamesFardy

• Rep: 66
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
« Reply #710 on: December 07, 2022, 11:03:03 AM »

but he also filmed Mosaic. so I cant really agree with you. I like his vx filming more, and hes carved out a style that was different. but i also cant tell if some of it is I AM getting older/ old man and just like a dinosaur "want it the way it used to be." if that makes any sense.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #711 on: December 07, 2022, 11:03:47 AM »
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #712 on: December 07, 2022, 11:38:58 AM »

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #713 on: December 07, 2022, 11:41:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

but he also filmed Mosaic. so I cant really agree with you. I like his vx filming more, and hes carved out a style that was different. but i also cant tell if some of it is I AM getting older/ old man and just like a dinosaur "want it the way it used to be." if that makes any sense.

strobecks vx work was elite

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #714 on: December 07, 2022, 12:38:43 PM »
The T-Funk china banks ollie photo/Thrasher cover also made it look better/gnarlier than the footage IMO.

Grrrreencans

• Rep: -85
« Reply #715 on: December 07, 2022, 01:45:35 PM »
Why they didn't just bring a step ladder and post up where this guy is ??

greenbeans

« Reply #716 on: December 07, 2022, 02:11:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

but he also filmed Mosaic. so I cant really agree with you. I like his vx filming more, and hes carved out a style that was different.

but i also cant tell if some of it is I AM getting older/ old man and just like a dinosaur "want it the way it used to be." if that makes any sense.

I relate to your last sentence very well

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #717 on: December 07, 2022, 02:16:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Both Ty and Bill's styles went to shit when they discovered HD cameras. Both filmed iconic shit well before they discovered those. Once they got full control over things, it got messy. Someone at Alien or Habitat would probably have told Bill that's not how we want our skaters filmed. At Supreme/Violet he doesn't have that filter.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #718 on: December 07, 2022, 08:09:09 PM »
Hot take: Tyshawn first began making his mind up about leaving FA during the Jason Dill Epicly Later'd ep.  The Elijah Berle pickup/SOTY run was the nail in the coffin.  I'd be annoyed too.

Bumo When High (not nearly as much as Kader tho)

FirstTimeCaller411

• Rep: -12
« Reply #719 on: December 07, 2022, 10:46:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Did Bill write this?