Author Topic: Eniz on The Heated Wheel  (Read 8001 times)

assvogel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 194
Eniz on The Heated Wheel
« on: June 03, 2022, 01:57:50 AM »
Of enjoi announcement was couple days back, but on The Heated Wheel is sick news! Tom Remilliard seems to be on the team too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeVj5KGAkDq/?hl=fi

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
Re: Eniz on The Heated Wheel
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 02:04:15 AM »
This is sick.
IG: @flowterspace

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 02:42:35 AM »
cool, it must feel amazing to be chosen by neil blender for his team
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

SpruceCone

• Rep: -1
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 06:34:35 AM »
Of enjoi announcement was couple days back, but on The Heated Wheel is sick news! Tom Remilliard seems to be on the team too.

I believe Tom is (also?) the TM for brand.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2022, 06:39:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So glad to see Tom’s somewhere good. Santa Cruz never marketed him at all.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2022, 10:19:44 AM »
In my humble opinion Eniz should get paid to travel all over the world and be able to afford to have 4 Ferraris in his garage. Dude is an elite skateboarder (one of the best in the world IMO) so I just hope he can finally get a board sponsor that pushes him like he deserves.

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2022, 11:24:50 AM »
Im Missing something? Dont remember Eniz on enjoi.

Anyway happy for him, very underrated, pay him a lot of money. So good for him, another good step after getting on nike.

MAybe he should changes his pants to get more recognition in this times and era.
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

Monopolyman

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2022, 11:45:43 AM »
Neil Blender finally having a proper board brand and a team curated by him is one of the most overdue things in skating.

work_lurker

• Rep: 61
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2022, 12:20:12 PM »
Neil Blender finally having a proper board brand and a team curated by him is one of the most overdue things in skating.

Color me ignorant, but was Alien Workshop originally Neils company?
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Monopolyman

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2022, 01:07:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Color me ignorant, but was Alien Workshop originally Neils company?

I suppose he was a co-founder with Carter and Hill, he was a rider for the team and contributed to the art and brand for a bit, but it was never really his.  He left and hasn’t really kept in touch with Carter or Hill for years.  So maybe at one point it was his, but Heated Wheel feels like Neil’s vision coming through 100 percent.  Sorta how Gonz has Krooked

doublesteveburger

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2022, 01:10:00 PM »
how the hell did this connection even come about

Monopolyman

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2022, 02:08:00 PM »
Maybe Heated Wheel is a “Nike backed” brand now  ;D

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2022, 11:18:56 PM »
All these Blender board graphics look awesome.

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2022, 01:14:55 AM »
Shame that nothing happened with enjoi, but this is pretty damn crazy cool too!

Monopolyman

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2022, 10:51:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This month’s Thrasher on Trash page reads, “Other new sponsors this time around include… Jake Hill and Brayan Coria on Neil Blender’s The Heated Wheel

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2022, 11:22:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

This month’s Thrasher on Trash page reads, “Other new sponsors this time around include… Jake Hill and Brayan Coria on Neil Blender’s The Heated Wheel
woah that’s sick. i liked jake on slave but this is even better. has anyone skated a board yet or know who makes them? i want to order one.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Monopolyman

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2022, 11:32:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
woah that’s sick. i liked jake on slave but this is even better. has anyone skated a board yet or know who makes them? i want to order one.

Think theyre BBS from checking woodshop list before, but now it seemingly doesnt list Heated Wheel.  Initial runs (and the Polarizers) that are marked made in Mexico were PS Stix.  Someone said the nonshaped/popsicles might be Prime but I only have a shaped deck on the way

Wasnt too familiar with Jake Hill other than that Thrasher Ditch race he placed 2nd in, and found it funny Jake and Tom Remillard were in same heat, and Tom was wearing a Heated Wheel shirt at 2:37

https://youtu.be/1i6IPR5Q1a4

And in the vid thumbnail too I guess ha

From rewatching the video, Ryan Townley might be a good fit on Heated Wheel too

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2022, 11:41:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Think theyre BBS from checking woodshop before, but now it seemingly doesnt list Heated Wheel.  Initial runs (and the Polarizers) that are marked made in Mexico were PS Stix.  Someone said the nonshaped/popsicles might be Prime but I only have a shaped deck on the way

Wasnt too familiar with Jake Hill other than that Thrasher Ditch race he placed 2nd in, and found it funny Jake and Tom Remillard were in same heat, and Tom was wearing a Heated Wheel shirt at 2:37

And the vid thumbnail too I guess ha

watch his part in the radio television if you haven’t. he’s got that classic lanky style and is pretty well rounded. i think he’s a sick addition.
http://youtu.be/BZla1ngqSt4
starts at 25:02

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2022, 11:50:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Think theyre BBS from checking woodshop list before, but now it seemingly doesnt list Heated Wheel.  Initial runs (and the Polarizers) that are marked made in Mexico were PS Stix.  Someone said the nonshaped/popsicles might be Prime but I only have a shaped deck on the way

It’s listed as The Heated Wheel in alphabetical order with the T. Threw me off first too. PS Stix for polarizers and BBS for others. Hopefully that still holds.

Stoked on Eniz being on. Enjoi was a bit of a weird fit for him IMO and nothing ever happened with that. Eniz is sponsored by my local so I expect to get The Heated Wheel decks at my local quite soon. I was actually looking into getting one and a shirt a while back but it was too difficult with the availability being not so good in Europe.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 88
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2022, 03:57:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

It’s listed as The Heated Wheel in alphabetical order with the T. Threw me off first too. PS Stix for polarizers and BBS for others. Hopefully that still holds.

Stoked on Eniz being on. Enjoi was a bit of a weird fit for him IMO and nothing ever happened with that. Eniz is sponsored by my local so I expect to get The Heated Wheel decks at my local quite soon. I was actually looking into getting one and a shirt a while back but it was too difficult with the availability being not so good in Europe.

The decks are widely available in the UK, including Polarizers. Through Nineteen76 distribution, which is owned by Steve Douglas (80s UK pro skater, used to run Dwindle, maybe still does). I did know who was the backing behind The Heated Wheel, but I've forgotten. it's San Diego company not related to skateboarding, involved with clothing I think.

spanyard

• Rep: 77
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2022, 05:15:09 AM »
Love Neil doing this, but heated wheel's wheelbases are dangerously close to longboard range territory.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2022, 09:46:23 AM »
Remilard is sick. Hope we get to see a 2nd coming of him.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2022, 11:58:33 AM »
Love Neil doing this, but heated wheel's wheelbases are dangerously close to longboard range territory.

Agreed. One of my favorite skaters and I would love to give him my hard earned American dollars but these 18” wheelbases fucking blow.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2022, 11:59:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

The decks are widely available in the UK, including Polarizers. Through Nineteen76 distribution, which is owned by Steve Douglas (80s UK pro skater, used to run Dwindle, maybe still does). I did know who was the backing behind The Heated Wheel, but I've forgotten. it's San Diego company not related to skateboarding, involved with clothing I think.

Good to know they’re widely available in the UK. Even though the UK is still definitely in Europe, I do not really consider them as a part of Europe anymore after Brexit. I guess for me Europe = EU these days as I’m don’t really want to pay the +24% VAT and possible customs chargers.

Monopolyman

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2022, 01:24:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agreed. One of my favorite skaters and I would love to give him my hard earned American dollars but these 18” wheelbases fucking blow.

The two shaped boards are 15 and 15.75.  But all the other popsicles are more normal sizes, no?  Seems pretty standard for a Krooked/Antihero type brand to have this kind of variation.  Neil’s also pretty tall so it makes sense theres some bigger board options.  I hope it continues because it differentiates them and fits the brand, at least how I see it.

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2022, 01:19:55 AM »
shaped decks have bbs danger sticker, polarizers are ps stix, and the popsicles just have a dent between the front truck holes. Im not knowledgeable enough to make a solid conclusion on them. if anyone wants measurements on any of them hmu and i will deliver.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2022, 01:35:09 AM »
shaped decks have bbs danger sticker, polarizers are ps stix, and the popsicles just have a dent between the front truck holes. Im not knowledgeable enough to make a solid conclusion on them. if anyone wants measurements on any of them hmu and i will deliver.

it sounds like the popsicles are clutch then
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2022, 05:25:40 AM »
What's the go with $lave? Had a bit of momentum after being very quiet for a while, but any steam they had generated from turning Pat Burke pro and Radio Silence has long evaporated. I think Davey Sayles was about to get on, before he bounced for Deathwish instead, Logan Taylor joined after moving from Lovesick, but that doesn't move the needle either way. Jake Hill is neat, but I don't think it makes much of a difference either with him leaving. Team is still sick, but they don't seem to do drops, or just repress old graphics. Seem to exist on the same level like Lovesick, Politic, The Killing Floor, etc

Monopolyman

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2022, 09:39:32 AM »
This Brayan fellow is very talented.  THW team is shaping up nicely.

https://youtu.be/Ag4YepW7xzM

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2022, 11:43:02 AM »
What's the go with $lave? Had a bit of momentum after being very quiet for a while, but any steam they had generated from turning Pat Burke pro and Radio Silence has long evaporated. I think Davey Sayles was about to get on, before he bounced for Deathwish instead, Logan Taylor joined after moving from Lovesick, but that doesn't move the needle either way. Jake Hill is neat, but I don't think it makes much of a difference either with him leaving. Team is still sick, but they don't seem to do drops, or just repress old graphics. Seem to exist on the same level like Lovesick, Politic, The Killing Floor, etc

I think Noah Lora would fit good on grimple.