Author Topic: Eniz on The Heated Wheel  (Read 8034 times)

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
Re: Eniz on The Heated Wheel
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2022, 03:11:03 PM »
Expand Quote
What's the go with $lave? Had a bit of momentum after being very quiet for a while, but any steam they had generated from turning Pat Burke pro and Radio Silence has long evaporated. I think Davey Sayles was about to get on, before he bounced for Deathwish instead, Logan Taylor joined after moving from Lovesick, but that doesn't move the needle either way. Jake Hill is neat, but I don't think it makes much of a difference either with him leaving. Team is still sick, but they don't seem to do drops, or just repress old graphics. Seem to exist on the same level like Lovesick, Politic, The Killing Floor, etc
[close]

I think Noah Lora would fit good on grimple.
I think the real question is what would happen to Anthony Schultz??? Dude is criminally underrated but haven't seen much either, which makes me very sad.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 853
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2022, 01:45:34 AM »
Expand Quote
shaped decks have bbs danger sticker, polarizers are ps stix, and the popsicles just have a dent between the front truck holes. Im not knowledgeable enough to make a solid conclusion on them. if anyone wants measurements on any of them hmu and i will deliver.
[close]

it sounds like the popsicles are clutch then

Clutch/ASF uses a letter/number system for their popsicles. Their stamps will say "k7" for an 8.25 k shape for example.

The alignment divot could be from like a dozen places but BBS does them sometimes and if they're already using them for the shapes then I would say it's probably safe to assume it's bareback.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2022, 05:55:21 AM »
Neil Blender finally having a proper board brand and a team curated by him is one of the most overdue things in skating.
are we really feeling the name tho?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2022, 06:08:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Neil Blender finally having a proper board brand and a team curated by him is one of the most overdue things in skating.
[close]

I’m not into it. It having wheel in the name being a board company is fucking me up.

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2022, 06:30:14 AM »
The name is so sick.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2192
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2022, 06:52:35 AM »
Heated Wherl: wasn’t that the name of his regular column/feature in transworld, or something?
It’s a historic reference.
To the past.
Where the histories live, and can be referred to safely, from a distance.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Monopolyman

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2022, 11:06:32 AM »

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2022, 11:17:40 AM »
Expand Quote
The name is so sick.
[close]

it is!

that neil blender started a company went past me, very stoked. Thought at first "heated wheel" would mean eniz is on spitfire, haha

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • old and in the way
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2022, 04:27:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I like the name and the graphics are really cool.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2022, 04:36:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What's the go with $lave? Had a bit of momentum after being very quiet for a while, but any steam they had generated from turning Pat Burke pro and Radio Silence has long evaporated. I think Davey Sayles was about to get on, before he bounced for Deathwish instead, Logan Taylor joined after moving from Lovesick, but that doesn't move the needle either way. Jake Hill is neat, but I don't think it makes much of a difference either with him leaving. Team is still sick, but they don't seem to do drops, or just repress old graphics. Seem to exist on the same level like Lovesick, Politic, The Killing Floor, etc
[close]

[close]
I think the real question is what would happen to Anthony Schultz??? Dude is criminally underrated but haven't seen much either, which makes me very sad.

oh hell yeah now we’re talkin. he’s still skating but i think he works for ups now so probably doesn’t give a shit anymore. i wouldn’t blame him

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2022, 04:46:00 PM »
Fuck it’s so sick Neil’s made HW solid. This rules. I’ve got a few of the board from when he was selling them in tiny batches out of his house

Monopolyman

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2022, 04:53:52 PM »
Fuck it’s so sick Neil’s made HW solid. This rules. I’ve got a few of the board from when he was selling them in tiny batches out of his house

That’s rad

I just grabbed the flower man 8.5 board from my shop.  Havent tried it yet but the owner said it was the third HW board they sold that day

Haven’t been this fired up rooting for a brand to succeed maybe ever

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2022, 06:39:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I’m not into it. It having wheel in the name being a board company is fucking me up.
maybe if it was like square wheel skateboards or something like that? Anyway, I don’t get it…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2022, 06:49:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Nothing, and I don't think it's sad, and I don't think you're really sad about it haha, are you buying his boards? I'm pretty sure he just works full time for UPS, and has for a while now. It's not like he's 21 and has his whole skate career ahead of him and is gonna fall into flow purgatory because the garage level board company he skates for decides to finally turn off the lights.

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2022, 09:02:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Nothing, and I don't think it's sad, and I don't think you're really sad about it haha, are you buying his boards? I'm pretty sure he just works full time for UPS, and has for a while now. It's not like he's 21 and has his whole skate career ahead of him and is gonna fall into flow purgatory because the garage level board company he skates for decides to finally turn off the lights.
It was an exaggeration. Im not cutting my wrists or anything but I would have loved to see some more footage from him, he has a really dope approach and is very skilled so I feel it's a bummer that we can't see more shit from him.
 I did buy a couple of $lave boards because of the Radio Silence part so I do try to support the dude.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1215
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2022, 12:11:38 AM »
at least something good (finally) came from tom quitting anti hero

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2022, 07:09:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
maybe if it was like square wheel skateboards or something like that? Anyway, I don’t get it…

It’s about going fast. Cardiel literally melts one of his wheels bombing a hill in Tent City.

IpathCats

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2022, 11:59:08 AM »
Wish more core legends would start brands, instead of all these dime a dozen board companies with little to no direction that keep popping up and not offering anything new, just existing to saturate the space.

I'm not super hyped on the name, but if it has some historical meaning i don't understand that's cool.

MichaelJacksonsGhost

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Rep: 44
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2022, 01:15:59 PM »
I figured the Heated Wheel was a new skateboarding podcast

Monopolyman

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2022, 02:54:56 PM »
I figured the Heated Wheel was a new skateboarding podcast

That would actually be sick tho.  Neil with whoever he thinks is interesting produced in a Bunt esque format would be so good

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2022, 02:07:24 AM »
I figured Neil has a heated steering wheel in his car and likes it so much he named his skateboard company after it.

postmodernpain

• Rep: 9
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2022, 05:53:39 AM »
I never post, but for those interested: Neil has the Polarizer and Peter Hewitt model up on the website. Just scooped the standard polarizer. Who knows how long they will be available once and email blast goes out. Just randomly checked the site this morning and they were back in stock.

IpathCats

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2022, 07:05:30 AM »
I never post, but for those interested: Neil has the Polarizer and Peter Hewitt model up on the website. Just scooped the standard polarizer. Who knows how long they will be available once and email blast goes out. Just randomly checked the site this morning and they were back in stock.

My lady just scored one for my birthday. fucking pumped.

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2022, 07:22:14 AM »

My man!!! Thank you!

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 166
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2022, 12:35:26 PM »
The 8.5 Flowerguy board (14.5 WB?) is a nice shape, cannot tell if it’s BBS or not but I like it.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2022, 01:18:58 AM »
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Goodcurbs

• Rep: -279
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2022, 01:34:52 AM »
The heated wheel is the dopest company out right now for those that don't know. Maybe not as cool as swivel device, but damn my cookies are good.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2022, 01:41:01 AM »

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 166
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2022, 07:08:35 PM »
Eniz and Tom have pro models in the holiday drop

https://theheatedwheel.com/collections/skateboards

fernando the skater

• Rep: 104