Author Topic: Lurpiv Struggling Already  (Read 20606 times)

natenola forever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Lurpiv Struggling Already
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2022, 02:59:00 PM »
Yeah I noticed a few weeks ago they stopped updating their instagram besides a story here and there, then the website went down, he never spoke about them on his Bunt, I also noticed all his homies ride Ace in that weird shark video. I have pair and besides all the shit that doesn't make sense like the European bolt sizing, they really cool trucks, I eventually just took them and put the hangers on Indy baseplates and was super into them. They also seemed to have no distribution outside of themselves and the whole $90 a set thing. I would always tell people the Lurpiv 2 will probably be the perfect truck and the Lurpiv 3 will just be and Ace or Indy with different badges cuz people wouldn't be into something new.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2022, 03:33:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
look at all the smaller brands of trucks and how many people actually ride them. Krux coming off that NHS network and no one rides them. Ace seemed like a good brand but again no one rides them. You gotta have some big money for marketing to beat out indy, thunder, venture.
[close]
:o
[close]

https://www.acetrucks.com/team

Absolutely stacked.
Including Vinnie Banh apparently, lol.
[close]

yeah free trucks for them.. but walk into a shop and see how many they carry compared to the other brands.

Dude both of my locals have a top shelf absolutely full of Ace. I don’t know where you’re getting this from.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -296
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2022, 03:35:13 PM »
Lurpiv more like turdpiv

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2022, 03:36:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
look at all the smaller brands of trucks and how many people actually ride them. Krux coming off that NHS network and no one rides them. Ace seemed like a good brand but again no one rides them. You gotta have some big money for marketing to beat out indy, thunder, venture.
[close]
[close]

Absolutely stacked.
[close]

yeah free trucks for them.. but walk into a shop and see how many they carry compared to the other brands.

Curious, where do you live?

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2022, 03:37:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Absolutely stacked.
[close]

[close]

Dude both of my locals have a top shelf absolutely full of Ace. I don’t know where you’re getting this from.

i can confirm, 2/3 of the skaters in my area skate aces, they’re the only trucks that we have to order more of often at the shop
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2022, 03:44:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Absolutely stacked.
[close]

[close]

I don’t even like Ace but they’re definitely the most popular truck around here aside from maybe Indy.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2022, 03:50:48 PM »
he has been skating texas a lot and i heard multiple people say he was moving there. maybe he’ll have them made in china for cheaper and then run the company out of texas so shipping costs go down, since i imagine most of his business comes from the states. i still want to try a pair, i was hesitant already by the price and then when i saw axles breaking left & right i figured it would be worth waiting until they improve.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2022, 07:44:09 PM »
Portland shops always seem to stock Aces, and I see them in the wild fairly often.

Hat tip on their soft goods, too. Just scored a USA-made, embroidered crew neck for $22.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2022, 11:53:19 PM »
Are we really arguing over the popularity of Ace Trucks? How big is that rock you've been living under?

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2022, 12:02:12 AM »
Expand Quote
A real Saab story.
[close]

Well played! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Nice!
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

ezekiel

• Rep: 4
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2022, 12:48:32 AM »
Aces are also really popular in Canada at least on the east Coast (Montreal/Toronto) from what I can tell. When the AF1s came out they were sold out everywhere for a while and all the shops I buy from seem to be carrying Aces now. I have them on my cruiser/80s gonz board setup. I wonder if it also has to do with the other truck companies having a ton of different SKUs with slight variations. I have a really hard time remember which each thunders variation is based on the name alone. Feel like Ace making things as simple as possible helped them a lot.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2022, 12:52:34 AM »
The $100+ truck that broke within months for half its customer base and necessitated multiple "fixes" and redesigns isn't a smashing financial success? Well I'll be damned.

Film and Ace have the right idea. I'm much more interested in a refined indy/thunder than I am in something brand new. Also the only way I'm comfortable paying double for a pair of trucks is if they last twice or long or weigh half as much (or both, like Ti-Hangers).

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2022, 02:01:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Absolutely stacked.
[close]

But when only a few pros are getting paid salary/royalties for truck deals… wouldn’t you just ride whatever free trucks you want?

That team page isn’t even up to date. A lot of newer converts are not there.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

roastbeef

• Rep: -47
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2022, 04:26:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Absolutely stacked.
[close]

[close]

Bay Area skateshops.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2022, 05:02:13 AM »
Seeing that Ace is from the Bay Area, i find this hard to believe.  They were everywhere in the Bay 15 years ago, way before anywhere else had even heard of them
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

LebowskisRug

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2022, 06:37:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Absolutely stacked.
[close]

[close]

[close]
Bay Area skateshops.

Bullshit. I lived in the Bay and Ace were pretty popular. Every shop I went to carried them, even DLX. The owners live there and they have a huge homies and support network.

IpathCats

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2022, 06:41:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Absolutely stacked.
[close]

[close]

[close]
Bay Area skateshops.
[close]

Bullshit. I lived in the Bay and Ace were pretty popular. Every shop I went to carried them, even DLX. The owners live there and they have a huge homies and support network.

He's got to be talking about the green bay, or maybe the chesapeake haha.

LebowskisRug

TJALOL

• Rep: 16
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2022, 10:50:50 AM »
Moving the production to Switzerland.
You heard it here first.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2022, 04:08:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Absolutely stacked.
[close]

[close]

[close]

i can confirm, 2/3 of the skaters in my area skate aces, they’re the only trucks that we have to order more of often at the shop

Man I was living in Guangzhou China and so many guys started to ride ACE's the last two years and now im back in the Valley/LA , California and so many people ride ACE. Also noticed so many former Indy guys are on ACE. now like Nick Bosero, Spanky etc.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2022, 04:22:48 PM »
Moving the production to Switzerland.
You heard it here first.

Doesn't make much sense to struggle financially and move the production to the most expensive country in Europe.

There's also customs and taxes shipping the stuff to the European Union.

Maybe they find a swiss partnership or whatever but my first thought was ACE manufacturing Lurpivs...

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2022, 06:11:19 PM »
I'm enjoying learning from this thread how popular Ace Trucks are around the world.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Fasttimes

• Rep: -32
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2022, 08:16:45 PM »
He just needs to find machine shop that can handle request. I think he had an "in" with machine shop like his family or something. His alloy is standard. Don't act like skateboard trucks are aerospace specified. If he is losing, he's trying to do right with his customers. He can also claim lose with machine shop for not meeting his drawing standards. Or just buy aces. Idk.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2196
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2022, 11:12:18 PM »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Ghost Face

• Rep: 107
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2022, 11:16:12 PM »
He just needs to find machine shop that can handle request. I think he had an "in" with machine shop like his family or something. His alloy is standard. Don't act like skateboard trucks are aerospace specified. If he is losing, he's trying to do right with his customers. He can also claim lose with machine shop for not meeting his drawing standards. Or just buy aces. Idk.

Pretty sure from what we've seen that it's not the machine shops fault that these trucks just don't work. The 2 piece axle is obviously a bad design and the kingpin coming loose isn't due to the machine shop not getting tolerances right. Machine shops will make what you design. If the design is shit, the product will be shit.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2022, 11:49:36 PM »
Ace are definatly popular. It's gone from the big two to the big four. But it took ace ten+ years to get to this. You wouldn't see anyone outside of Japan and on a board bigger than 7.75 until fairly recently. Lurpiv unfortunately wasn't backed by diamond and all its large print t shirt money.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2022, 07:18:51 PM »
Totally want this to work for them, but man that name is terrible.  Aint feelin Slurp Perv

IpathCats

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2022, 09:24:49 PM »
Totally want this to work for them, but man that name is terrible.  Aint feelin Slurp Perv

A better name, and maybe some axles would do this skateboard truck company wonders.... Go figure.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2022, 09:26:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A better name, and maybe some axles would do this skateboard truck company wonders.... Go figure.

It’s a shame only we have access to such knowledge. Such is life.

IpathCats

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2022, 01:39:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It’s a shame only we have access to such knowledge. Such is life.

Looks like oski couldn't rheocast his way around structural engineering basics.