Author Topic: WHY SKATEBOARDING SUX IN 2022  (Read 8260 times)

WavyDavy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 128
Re: WHY SKATEBOARDING SUX IN 2022
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2022, 10:44:40 AM »
So satanists/ anti Christs are those people who wear black leather Trenchcoat, fedoras and goatees? Maybe a rat on their shoulder?

IpathCats

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2022, 10:50:54 AM »
Expand Quote
I’m always surprised that there are adults who believe in a red man with pointy horns and magic powers
[close]
I'm surprised there are adults who think 'all skateboarders are just competing with each other for people to watch their video part'. I mean I get that not everybody is Julien Stranger but that is an absolutely ridiculously stupid thing for a skateboarder to say

what the fuck are you talking about?

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2022, 11:00:27 AM »
Expand Quote
What I haven’t seen brought up is that all skaters are competing for people to watch their video parts. There’s no particular way to win at that except be either good or charismatic or both. Or have a unique story. That’s the real contest and having big muscles is just not that relevant.
[close]
This is literally the stupidest thing I have ever read in my entire life. LOL nobody ever brings that up tho

CAPTAIN NOBODY

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2022, 11:06:01 AM »
Skateboarding is just fine. Wake up early, and go hit up the park while it’s empty. Problem solved

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2022, 11:21:24 AM »
I been riding a skateboarding since September 1983. My time away from skateboarding (04-16) was only time away from tricks and video parts etc.

I felt more excepted by criminals writers musicians and hookers than the people I helped build this culture with. You can ask the few people who remember me who made it. I played a pretty big part in their skateboarding.

I felt the hate from those who was supposed to be down with my culture. At home and away.

I feel like today is better than yesterday. You don’t have to do anything other than skate to be excepted by other skaters.

Everyone is invited to roll. Even the bitter.

It’s ok to to be upset. I was bummed that no matter how good I got no one was helping out queer ex junkies regardless of what tricks they could do over a trash can.

Enjoy it while you can. I’m enjoying every second I get to skate with others  because I’m an artist and that’s all for now
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

RichardHead

• Rep: -111
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2022, 11:23:48 AM »
Is this your youtube page? Agree or disagree with this guy, its pretty funny to think about how any external factor could ruin skateboarding, or make it "suck" for someone. No amount of things i dislike in the broader skateboard industry could impact the time i spend skating with my friends.

"sorry guys gotta cancel the sesh today, im too bummed about no more iron crosses, and trans people"

like wtf? just skate man. I guess he needs low effort youtube content. we are in a weird ass time, ill tell you that much.

and the irony of this, is that skate youtubers are some of the suckiest things in skateboarding right now haha. the total lack of self awareness is astounding.

I like you!

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2022, 11:24:42 AM »
I’m not watching that

RichardHead

« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2022, 11:28:34 AM »
You know what sucks is this guys HAIRCUT amirite tho???

I agree, I hated mullets for ages, then won MulletFest 2020 and made world news with something I hate, but like this thread haha

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2022, 11:34:28 AM »
I rock mullets. It was always a punk metal thing.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

RichardHead

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2022, 11:40:53 AM »
I rock mullets. It was always a punk metal thing.

I like your positivity in skateboarding these days. I love posting stuff here, because it gets exactly the reaction I want and expect, GENERALLY. Although I didn't expect such an amazing reaction on this one shitpost... So thanks all.  ;D

Skateboarding is awesome. Skate YouTubers are probably the lamest thing about skateboarding atm, especially ones with under 10k subs...

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2022, 12:30:15 PM »
That video sucks and that guy is a moron with dreadful style all throughout. Just awful dogshit, couldn't listen to his stupid accent mis-explain things he doesn't understand. If skating sucks now it's because people like this manchild are irrationally emotionally attached to things like the logos of a private company or the purity of skate contests about which they claim not to care. This is embarrassing; if I were this idiot I'd go hide under the fucking planet. Two enthusiastic thumbs down.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 98
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2022, 12:43:50 PM »
Expand Quote
"cancel culture" cringe lmao, kinda dumb comparing satanic symbolism to Nazi symbolism if you ask me, one's relatively harmless edginess, the other is, well, Nazism
[close]
There was some overlap between Nazism and Satanism. Read about Heinrich Himmler

Nazi had the support of the catholic church.
Cocteau Twins

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2022, 12:46:15 PM »
Yeah that does not mean that some of the highest ranking Nazi leaders were not occultists

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 98
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2022, 12:50:08 PM »
Yeah that does not mean that some of the highest ranking Nazi leaders were not occultists
Funny how Christians refuse to take accountability for all of their genocide, Satanism isn't the reason nazis were killing people. Yeah some of the nazi scientists looked into other ways of finding power, they were not doing it because they believed in it
Cocteau Twins

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2022, 12:53:56 PM »
You need to shut the fuck up now because you are talking out of your ass. You know what went on in their heads? Are you a psychic time traveler?

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1481
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2022, 12:54:40 PM »
The argument that the indy cross is a Catholic religious symbol and not a nazi symbol is not a good justification for bringing it back. In light of uncovering the deaths of thousands of indigenous children and the hundreds of thousands of sexually assaulted children under the Catholic church's watch, I wouldn't want to associate a brand with that.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/16/americas/canada-indigenous-school-graves/index.html

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2022, 12:56:27 PM »
^Agreed

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2022, 12:57:33 PM »
Sorry guys, but the only thing lamer than mainline Christianity is "Satanism". Just pure, unadulterated cringe.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Frank and Fred

« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2022, 12:59:56 PM »
Still prefer the Pentagram over the Maltese cross.

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2022, 01:01:17 PM »
Sorry guys, but the only thing lamer than mainline Christianity is "Satanism". Just pure, unadulterated cringe.
THANK YOU. It's just another fucking edgy trend for clueless dorks

IpathCats

« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2022, 01:01:58 PM »
You need to shut the fuck up now because you are talking out of your ass. You know what went on in their heads? Are you a psychic time traveler?

I wish I was a psychic so I could know wtf you are so mad about.

Dirty_Dan90

• Rep: -16
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2022, 01:02:41 PM »
All of these things have absolutely nothing to do with the act of skateboarding, i think its fucking rad you can still be whatever/ whoever you want to be, wear whatever you want to wear and still enjoy skateboarding just as much as the next skater regardless of skill level.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2022, 01:07:57 PM »
just when i think "kook of the year" is a total lock--  this guys comes in with this most solid entry since "there is something really powerful about the shape of a triangle".  this guy is really pushing the kookary forward.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2022, 01:09:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ah yes, it's totally cringing and dorky to stand up to religious oppression. Let's just steamroll everything and put large displays of the ten commandments on public land. I also want a fundamentalist government to tell me what to do with my genitals and who I can marry. Birth control and abortion after rape? Don't need it, I'm communal farming land baby! Gotta keep the fields fertile so we can send a million troops to die at war. Anything to not be cringe. There goes 10% of our income for tithing at the megachurch, fuck my medical dept, can't be cringe! Oh no, don't judge me.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2022, 01:32:53 PM »
I like you Puffin Muffin but you are a bit given to jumping to extremes. Being a Satanist is not 'standing up to religious oppression', Satanism is a religion. Be secular if you want to, I have no problem with secular people- being non-religious or anti-religion and being a Satanist are not the same thing. Not supporting Satanism does not make me a Fundamentalist Evangelical, there is a middle ground between point A and point B. I do not support Christian Fundamentalism any more than I support the Church of Satan. I believe in God, I keep my beliefs to myself and I do not force my views on other people. I think you need to seriously think about what you are defending. I understand that you were raised in an extremely religious environment and that this has caused you trauma. I have compassion for you, I don't like ideas being forced on me either. But to be against Satanism being taught to children does not mean you want the Ten Commandments on Federal land, it just means you don't want a bunch of creepy weirdos 'educating' kids on Satan either. Do you really not see how having evil people around children is not a good idea?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ah yes, it's totally cringing and dorky to stand up to religious oppression. Let's just steamroll everything and put large displays of the ten commandments on public land. I also want a fundamentalist government to tell me what to do with my genitals and who I can marry. Birth control and abortion after rape? Don't need it, I'm communal farming land baby! Gotta keep the fields fertile so we can send a million troops to die at war. Anything to not be cringe. There goes 10% of our income for tithing at the megachurch, fuck my medical dept, can't be cringe! Oh no, don't judge me.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2022, 01:39:20 PM »
I like you Puffin Muffin but you are a bit given to jumping to extremes. Being a Satanist is not 'standing up to religious oppression', Satanism is a religion. Be secular if you want to, I have no problem with secular people- being non-religious or anti-religion and being a Satanist are not the same thing. Not supporting Satanism does not make me a Fundamentalist Evangelical, there is a middle ground between point A and point B. I do not support Christian Fundamentalism any more than I support the Church of Satan. I believe in God, I keep my beliefs to myself and I do not force my views on other people. I think you need to seriously think about what you are defending. I understand that you were raised in an extremely religious environment and that this has caused you trauma. I have compassion for you, I don't like ideas being forced on me either. But to be against Satanism being taught to children does not mean you want the Ten Commandments on Federal land, it just means you don't want a bunch of creepy weirdos 'educating' kids on Satan either. Do you really not see how having evil people around children is not a good idea?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I like you too 3D, but I'm afraid you're conflating two organizations. Perhaps you should read this to get a better understanding. I previously tried explaining the difference in this thread, but I don't think I got through:

https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/church-of-satan-vs-satanic-temple
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2022, 01:44:21 PM »
This is a good thread

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2022, 01:45:04 PM »
Why skateboarding sucks in 2022

1) This dude's stupid ass views
2) This dude's stupid ass haircut
3) This dude's stupid ass mustache
4) The fact that clickbait like this exists
5) The fact that I lost nearly 2 minutes of my life listening to this man's nonsense.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2022, 01:48:30 PM »

Depends on what we mean by "Satanism."

The Satanic Temple is doing God's work by fighting for women's rights and fighting to keep the whole separation of church and state alive before America becomes a full on theocracy. 

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2022, 01:49:06 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I like you too 3D, but I'm afraid you're conflating two organizations. Perhaps you should read this to get a better understanding. I previously tried explaining the difference in this thread, but I don't think I got through:

https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/church-of-satan-vs-satanic-temple
I know the differences between the CoS, the OTO, Temple of Set and the Satanic Temple, thank you very much. None of it is acceptable to me as legitimate religious discourse or a source of any kind of worthwhile or meaningful philosophical discussion.
It's all crap to me and quite frankly I don't see how anyone sees any kind of merit in it