Author Topic: What About Skateboarding Appeals To Right Wingers?  (Read 15911 times)

Rohn_mob_joore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -24
Re: What About Skateboarding Appeals To Right Wingers?
« Reply #180 on: June 14, 2022, 11:07:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Kooks going to kook, sadly Anthony Huber didn't hit Kyle with his trucks, could of done the world a favor.
[close]
So defending yourself from people trying to kill you after putting out a fire is bad but wishing death upon someone because they have a different opinion from you is ok? You’re such a phonie.

You must live a very confusing life.
[close]
Wait… are you saying Kyle Rittenhouse was a fireman, or are you referring to the 1st individual he killed as a “fire”?
[close]
first individual he smoked was a child molester, so theres that.
[close]

He happened to be someone who probably had a very questionable past. But that shouldn’t matter. That fact was only highlighted so people would have less empathy. However hard you spin that situation, a white racist teenager going to a BLM protest with an assault rifle and shooting people will always be fucked up.

The JRE is a guilty pleasure of mine. I have put my hours in listening to that podcast. It is basically a whole libertarian and right wing ecosystem, where fighters and former soldiers are heroes, men are under attack from transgenders, woke people, vegans and male feminists (basically Jordan Petersen whole stick). Also mainstream media is always lying, gun control is always bad and vaccines are evil. Rogan loves to call out „tribal politics“, but is very careful not to upset anyone from his own tribe. Has he ever mentioned the crazy new laws against abortion in the conservative states?

I defended Rogan for being un biased but it’s become more clear he just leans into every right wing culture talking point. I can’t really blame him completely for the shift, even before the whole covid stuff he was getting heat for he was kinda labeled alt right cause he aligns with the manosphere despite a lot of his talking point back in the day we’re mostly left wing.

Ultimately I will always like him despite he gets annoying and has become less objective. I would take him 100% over any Republican politician. He also was pretty much what radicalized me into supporting legalized weed and being anti war and a young conservative in high school.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2022, 02:50:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Most of the actual right wingers in skateboarding are just old vert troggs that got knocked out one or two many times and kind of tumbled down the brown hole.

I can't see skateboarding being a thing that most of the right wingers out there care about or are actually a fan of.
Just because you have people like 1010, Duane or Paul Hart doesn't mean that skateboarding is something that appeals to people with racist ideologies.

You are trying to paint a picture here based on a weirdo wearing school shooter goggles and a Girl shirt that he probably bought at a thrift store.

Out of all the people I've met that skateboard, none of them were actual right wingers or were supporting any racist groups and as far as I know there is no such thing as a right wing brand / movement in skateboarding
[close]

I've actually meant a lot of right wingers at the skatepark that were in their 20s.
[close]
I work with alot of dudes in their early 20s... joe rogan podcast fandom and "i dont like cancel culture" sentiments are super popular
[close]

Alt right influencers which became a gateway to edgy 4chan/twitch/discord bullshit and their racist views became very popular. Fuck PewDiePie
[close]

wait what does pewdiepie have to do with this

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1354856520938602
https://www.dailydot.com/irl/pewdiepie-new-zealand-alt-right-nazi/?amp

Maurice46

• Rep: 10
« Reply #182 on: June 15, 2022, 05:30:43 AM »
“we’re just too racist to have a social benefit framework” is a new one. thanks liberal

Nah, it's actually a very old and well documented phenomenon and no amount of class reductionist magical thinking is going to change that. Also, using liberal as pejorative, lol! What is this 1997? Too funny my dude! Although, adding a random conspiracy theory about Hillary Clinton or Soros would have helped to round out the tired cliché a bit more. Oh, well, there's always next time!

cky enthusiast

« Reply #183 on: June 15, 2022, 05:35:43 AM »
we put a man on the moon and have a military base in every other country on the planet but i just saw this egghead study from an ivy league school that says america is too cursed by racism to have an NHS or social security

bro even fucking rhodesia had federally mandated and funded health programs
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 05:58:37 AM by life is a hell ride »

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #184 on: June 15, 2022, 05:44:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Kooks going to kook, sadly Anthony Huber didn't hit Kyle with his trucks, could of done the world a favor.
[close]
So defending yourself from people trying to kill you after putting out a fire is bad but wishing death upon someone because they have a different opinion from you is ok? You’re such a phonie.

[close]
Wait… are you saying Kyle Rittenhouse was a fireman, or are you referring to the 1st individual he killed as a “fire”?
[close]
[close]

He happened to be someone who probably had a very questionable past. But that shouldn’t matter. That fact was only highlighted so people would have less empathy. However hard you spin that situation, a white racist teenager going to a BLM protest with an assault rifle and shooting people will always be fucked up.

The JRE is a guilty pleasure of mine. I have put my hours in listening to that podcast. It is basically a whole libertarian and right wing ecosystem, where fighters and former soldiers are heroes, men are under attack from transgenders, woke people, vegans and male feminists (basically Jordan Petersen whole stick). Also mainstream media is always lying, gun control is always bad and vaccines are evil. Rogan loves to call out „tribal politics“, but is very careful not to upset anyone from his own tribe. Has he ever mentioned the crazy new laws against abortion in the conservative states?
[close]

I defended Rogan for being un biased but it’s become more clear he just leans into every right wing culture talking point. I can’t really blame him completely for the shift, even before the whole covid stuff he was getting heat for he was kinda labeled alt right cause he aligns with the manosphere despite a lot of his talking point back in the day we’re mostly left wing.

Ultimately I will always like him despite he gets annoying and has become less objective. I would take him 100% over any Republican politician. He also was pretty much what radicalized me into supporting legalized weed and being anti war and a young conservative in high school.
Joe Rogan is basically the Nine Club for libertarians, presenting stuff as 'unbiased' but ultimately just giving people a platform to say dumb shit uncontested

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #185 on: June 15, 2022, 05:52:03 AM »
Expand Quote
“we’re just too racist to have a social benefit framework” is a new one. thanks liberal
[close]

Nah, it's actually a very old and well documented phenomenon and no amount of class reductionist magical thinking is going to change that. Also, using liberal as pejorative, lol! What is this 1997? Too funny my dude! Although, adding a random conspiracy theory about Hillary Clinton or Soros would have helped to round out the tired cliché a bit more. Oh, well, there's always next time!

People’s minds can change.

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2020/mar/18/daryl-davis-black-musician-who-converts-ku-klux-klan-members
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #186 on: June 15, 2022, 05:52:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

I would agree for the most part about rogan and the others. You may be forgetting that he also has amazing scientists on and when people like cornell west, krystal ball, or kyle kulinski are on they make for great shows. I think Rogan is also racist, we all are to one degree or another (all of us in the United States) and he like many other white males are afraid of their future roles in a rapidly changing demographic society, which they shouldn’t be but that seems to be the case from young school shooters to quasi intellectuals like Peterson and Shapiro. There are a lot of assumed truisms that are unfounded, especially regarding the power of the “left” which ironically the left is never defined and the fear that every law will ultimately lead to government overreach upon a right that will never be given back.

Pbn_jake

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #187 on: June 15, 2022, 06:07:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’ve had more than a few old skate pals go down the right wing rabbit hole.  They maybe last 2-3 more years max before completely abandoning skateboarding.  They try to play it off like they’ve “grown out of it”, but I they know deep down that they’re embarrassed at what they’ve become. 

Right wing ideals are fundamentally incompatible to just about everything that makes skateboarding what it is.
[close]

Lol maybe they just don’t wanna hang out with you anymore…you sound like a lot of fun assuming all this shit about your pals maybe they just grew out of it cause adulthood. It appeals cause it is a fun thing to do and feeling the wind around you while pushing fast or grinding something FEELS GOOD. I love how all this shit always comes back to marxism or identity politics or some wild ass political debate by a bunch of fried people. I would say if anything skate is marketed by more left thinkers with shops posting rainbow flyers for events and all lgbtq people getting into it nowadays and how much more inclusive it is. I don’t see any conservative politicians pose with skateboards like Obama? I don’t see Republican merch at the park? Skating has always been marketed towards the left or counter culture since decades ago…
[close]

^^^ someone’s upset, and just started skateboarding apparently. Ten years ago no shops had rainbow flags in their window.

Every local shop in ny used to be crawling with 2xl white tee, new era sticker still on hat, dunk wearing mother fuckers calling me gay 24/7 for having long hair and wearing dif clothes. 

Skateboardings counter culture came from people like mofo. I’d say that yes at the top of the industry skating has been “left” leaning but my main point is that in general most skaters were actually right leaning they just didn’t have the tools available to comprehend it 

Which is also why the push of new skaters coming from the bottom to the top is awesome and I personally love seeing someone like jj loose his sponsors. I don’t use social media anymore but I’d say the only positive I see coming out of that is the community it creates within skating for marginalized groups

Hold up hold up hold up.

Jake Johnson lost his sponsors?

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #188 on: June 15, 2022, 06:09:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

I would agree for the most part about rogan and the others. You may be forgetting that he also has amazing scientists on and when people like cornell west, krystal ball, or kyle kulinski are on they make for great shows. I think Rogan is also racist, we all are to one degree or another (all of us in the United States) and he like many other white males are afraid of their future roles in a rapidly changing demographic society, which they shouldn’t be but that seems to be the case from young school shooters to quasi intellectuals like Peterson and Shapiro. There are a lot of assumed truisms that are unfounded, especially regarding the power of the “left” which ironically the left is never defined and the fear that every law will ultimately lead to government overreach upon a right that will never be given back.

Yes, he has had a few leftists and a few legit scientists on. Yes, I also agree that we are all racist to different degrees and that Rogan probably isn't  any worse in this regard than the average American. With how much he loves to talk about topics such as PC culture, feminism, the liberal left and BLM. He has hardly had anyone on who can convincingly argue these topics from a non-conservative viewpoint. Why not have a legit feminist thinker on? Why not an intelligent person from BLM? He did have that meat eater vs. vegan debate, which he moderated in a very biased way and which quite frankly the vegan guy won pretty convincingly desbite of Rogan desperately trying to support his meat eater guy.

My favorite guest on his podcast has been Chuck Palahniuk by the way. In a weird way it is the perfect place for his twisted ideas and stories. Those two interviews are great.

warmonke

« Reply #189 on: June 15, 2022, 06:15:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’ve had more than a few old skate pals go down the right wing rabbit hole.  They maybe last 2-3 more years max before completely abandoning skateboarding.  They try to play it off like they’ve “grown out of it”, but I they know deep down that they’re embarrassed at what they’ve become. 

Right wing ideals are fundamentally incompatible to just about everything that makes skateboarding what it is.
[close]

Lol maybe they just don’t wanna hang out with you anymore…you sound like a lot of fun assuming all this shit about your pals maybe they just grew out of it cause adulthood. It appeals cause it is a fun thing to do and feeling the wind around you while pushing fast or grinding something FEELS GOOD. I love how all this shit always comes back to marxism or identity politics or some wild ass political debate by a bunch of fried people. I would say if anything skate is marketed by more left thinkers with shops posting rainbow flyers for events and all lgbtq people getting into it nowadays and how much more inclusive it is. I don’t see any conservative politicians pose with skateboards like Obama? I don’t see Republican merch at the park? Skating has always been marketed towards the left or counter culture since decades ago…
[close]

^^^ someone’s upset, and just started skateboarding apparently. Ten years ago no shops had rainbow flags in their window.

Every local shop in ny used to be crawling with 2xl white tee, new era sticker still on hat, dunk wearing mother fuckers calling me gay 24/7 for having long hair and wearing dif clothes. 

Skateboardings counter culture came from people like mofo. I’d say that yes at the top of the industry skating has been “left” leaning but my main point is that in general most skaters were actually right leaning they just didn’t have the tools available to comprehend it 

Which is also why the push of new skaters coming from the bottom to the top is awesome and I personally love seeing someone like jj loose his sponsors. I don’t use social media anymore but I’d say the only positive I see coming out of that is the community it creates within skating for marginalized groups

Hold up hold up hold up.

Jake Johnson lost his sponsors?
[close]
Not sure if joking lol, JJ in this case = Jason Jessee

Maurice46

« Reply #190 on: June 15, 2022, 06:35:26 AM »
we put a man on the moon and have a military base in every other country on the planet but i just saw this egghead study from an ivy league school that says america is too cursed by racism to have an NHS or social security

Damn, your "racism doesn't exist" talking points and tired truism sound mad boomer-ish. Egghead? Put a man on the moon?  "Rhodesia?" Lol! Care to throw in a reference to Siam while your at it?  You need to step into the 21st century my dude. Sadly, maybe you believe what you are saying or maybe your comments are some sort of unsuccessful attempt at edgelord conceptual "comedy". You can never tell online, especially with this message board. Either way, I'm happy to play along for a little while. What else you got?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 06:49:57 AM by Maurice46 »

somefucker

« Reply #191 on: June 15, 2022, 06:36:45 AM »

somebody never watched number 1

Slikk

• Rep: -33
  • im proper
« Reply #192 on: June 15, 2022, 06:40:53 AM »
ya'll come out to strawberry mansion and have this convo

bitch ass

slikk slikk

cky enthusiast

« Reply #193 on: June 15, 2022, 06:49:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn, your "racism doesn't exist" talking points and tired truism sound mad boomer-ish. Egghead? Put a man on the moon?  "Rhodesia" Lol! You need to step into the 21st century my dude. Sadly, maybe you believe what you are saying or maybe your comments are some sort of lame attempt at edgelord conceptual comedy. You can never tell online, especially with this message board. Either way, I'm happy to play along for a little while. What else you got?

did your parents put your crib next to a microwave

Maurice46

« Reply #194 on: June 15, 2022, 06:52:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn, your "racism doesn't exist" talking points and tired truism sound mad boomer-ish. Egghead? Put a man on the moon?  "Rhodesia" Lol! You need to step into the 21st century my dude. Sadly, maybe you believe what you are saying or maybe your comments are some sort of lame attempt at edgelord conceptual comedy. You can never tell online, especially with this message board. Either way, I'm happy to play along for a little while. What else you got?
[close]

did your parents put your crib next to a microwave

Dude, you're losing your flow. No outdated references or played out sociopolitico concepts anymore? Just trotting out insults form your playground days. Truly the last refuge of the no nothing. Come on man, what else you got? Perhaps we've reached the limits of your cleverness?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 06:59:20 AM by Maurice46 »

warmonke

« Reply #195 on: June 15, 2022, 06:55:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

somebody never watched number 1
damn kooked myself

cky enthusiast

« Reply #196 on: June 15, 2022, 07:00:39 AM »
Just trotting out insults form your playground days. Truly the last refuge of the no nothing.

Maurice46

« Reply #197 on: June 15, 2022, 07:03:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Just trotting out insults form your playground days. Truly the last refuge of the no nothing.
[close]

And? Prove me wrong. Show us all what you know. come on dude, I know you can do it. Give us one more "racism is a myth" trope. You can do it! Maybe come up with some halfway clever way to bring John Kerry into it or something about how socialism sucks. Come on my dude!

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #198 on: June 15, 2022, 07:21:28 AM »
Hey idiot, he never said it doesn't exist. Don't know where you're getting that from. All he's saying is that class solidarity has the power to unify disenfranchised people despite deeply ingrained racism that surely exists in America. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I got from @life is a hell ride

Don't be mad at the people, be mad at the politicians (both sides) working very hard to keep universal health care from being a thing here.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Maurice46

« Reply #199 on: June 15, 2022, 07:27:25 AM »
Hey idiot, he never said it doesn't exist. Don't know where you're getting that from. All he's saying is that class solidarity has the power to unify disenfranchised people despite deeply ingrained racism that surely exists in America. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I got from @life is a hell ride

Don't be mad at the people, be mad at the politicians (both sides) working very hard to keep universal health care from being a thing here.

Thanks for tagging in and providing the clarification. I will respond in kind. Now, imagine I'm yelling this next bit.

Hey Idiot! I didn't say that class solidarity doesn't have the power to unify. I said that race has trumped class historically and will likely continue to do so! We simply disagree!

There. Thanks for participating.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #200 on: June 15, 2022, 07:51:51 AM »
even the most out and out historically racist country of the 20th century had uni healthcare you stupid fuck!! i say this shit for a reason!!!

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #201 on: June 15, 2022, 08:09:28 AM »
now is not the the time guys, bam is missing

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #202 on: June 15, 2022, 08:19:31 AM »
for sure. i don’t think we should write off vast swaths of the working class for watching the wrong youtube channels and instead try to talk to your fellow worker (organize etc). anyone that’s had an actual job outside of an office has had to encounter and navigate people of opposing political ideology and the way we turn this shit around is if we can reason with people. if a class-focused and equitable society works for everyone it shouldn’t (and in my experience isn’t)
difficult to convince people. even dudes who somehow derive joy from joe rogan.

that’s why i’m defensive. the fact that i’m a nazi has nothing to do with it

ps who lipslid the rail in the primus DMV video you dumb bitch

I am still glad I asked lol. It's better to expose your ignorance so it can be corrected, than remain ignorant. 

Maurice46

« Reply #203 on: June 15, 2022, 08:20:14 AM »
even the most out and out historically racist country of the 20th century had uni healthcare you stupid fuck!! i say this shit for a reason!!!

Ah, back to trying to make a relevant argument. Good. You do that slightly better than your ad hominem attacks and it allows for me to better make my point. First, it's highly debatable that Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) was the most out and out historically racist country in the 20th Century. But, hyperbole seems to be one of your rhetorical tools so I'm not surprised that you would say that.  I have relatives that were lynched in the south during the same period and us survivors would disagree. Second, I did a bit of reading on this one shining example that you seem so giddy to keep touting and all indications are that it largely perpetuated a colonial legacy that neglected to establish solid foundations of health consisting of sufficient infrastructure, adequate training, and equitable healthcare policies. In short universal healthcare in name only, at best. Also, it collapsed in 1963. What else you got? Also, see how I explained without cursing or resorting to calling you a misguided class reductionist who enables racist with a tenuous understanding of policy or a stupid fuck?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 08:28:27 AM by Maurice46 »

cky enthusiast

« Reply #204 on: June 15, 2022, 08:30:22 AM »
they still had it. why don’t we have it here

Maurice46

« Reply #205 on: June 15, 2022, 08:32:39 AM »
they still had it. why don’t we have it here

And? Come on man. You need to make more of an Apples to Apples comparison to prove your point. Go ahead, come on, you can do it. I'm sensing you're on the brink of a profound realization. Nearly there!

cky enthusiast

« Reply #206 on: June 15, 2022, 08:40:31 AM »
oh i mean i know why- i don’t think you do.

hint: it’s not the reasons you think

Maurice46

« Reply #207 on: June 15, 2022, 08:43:45 AM »
oh i mean i know why- i don’t think you do.

hint: it’s not the reasons you think

Evidence and argument my friend. Let's hear it. It's also not the reason you think just because you say so. Make your case if you can, with minimal ad hominem attacks and profanity if possible, but I'll understand if you're frustrated and can't help it.

cky enthusiast

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #209 on: June 15, 2022, 08:51:05 AM »
I feel bad for calling you an idiot, but it's funny you spent so much time criticizing ad hominem while doing it at the same time. I get what you're saying, and yeah we do disagree.

The difference here is one side is believing in solidarity and that it has the power to affect change, and the other is not willing or able to see that possibility. And I get why... race has trumped class historically, especially in this godforsaken country. But to say that and offer nothing else in the discussion is useless aside from repeating the liberal refrain/excuse that "right leaning people are too set in their ways to see anything differently" and/or providing ammunition for conservative politicians to use to advance their agenda.

Yeah, entering into good faith discussions with people who are ignorant or have bias sucks and it's work, but it's necessary. It's action. It's something other than bickering and finger pointing. And it has major potential. So yes, I disagree that it's a dead end, and I'll take it 100% of the time over "I don't know what the answer is."
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead