Author Topic: Dan Zellers new Skating game  (Read 1240 times)

radcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 472
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
Dan Zellers new Skating game
« on: June 10, 2022, 11:07:46 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY2hm_4uE94

news has been out and about for a bit, but this looks promising and haven't seen it mentioned on here.  Looks promising, probably a more arcadey version of skating, which is fine with me but the animations look like an incredible start.

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
Re: Dan Zellers new Skating game
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 12:05:45 PM »
Haven't seen clothing physics like this in new skateboarding games yet, i think it could actually create a lot of immersion but I am curious about how it will affect how the game runs etc.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 03:24:56 AM »
I think he's running it on Unreal 5 which helps with that kind of animation, but i could be talking out my ass. 

This is looking really good and I feel like this guy gets the whole flow of skating a bit more than the other games i've seen.  Skate 1 still flows better than session and xl

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 48
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 09:59:08 AM »
I think he's running it on Unreal 5 which helps with that kind of animation, but i could be talking out my ass. 

This is looking really good and I feel like this guy gets the whole flow of skating a bit more than the other games i've seen.  Skate 1 still flows better than session and xl
naw it actually unity. people have made dynamic clothing for modded XL now but i agree it doesn't look as good as this. a couple of the people from the xl modding community are now working on the game in different ways. xl i think is still using a 2019 build of unity and this is on the latest, plus has better plugins for that sort of stuff.
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2022, 04:41:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
naw it actually unity. people have made dynamic clothing for modded XL now but i agree it doesn't look as good as this. a couple of the people from the xl modding community are now working on the game in different ways. xl i think is still using a 2019 build of unity and this is on the latest, plus has better plugins for that sort of stuff.

Ah thanks!  Yeah getting the XL mod community working on this is a great move

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2023, 03:52:35 AM »

radcunt

• SLAP Pal