Author Topic: Charlottesville, VA  (Read 238 times)

mj23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Charlottesville, VA
« on: June 12, 2022, 07:04:54 AM »
Any cool spots, shops, etc? I’m going for work soon.

cky enthusiast

Re: Charlottesville, VA
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 12:14:05 PM »
sick as fuck park. recommended

obscurepurity

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 11:31:06 AM »
As mentioned above, skatepark is fun & definitely worth visiting: https://goo.gl/maps/unNxi4GqNGNTxGxe7

If you're looking for a shop hit up Cinema Skateshop in downtown, dudes are cool and the shop is on a cool outdoor strip with lots of good food choices around it.

There's definitely some spots around Charlottesville too but they're few and far between, I'm sure the guys at Cinema would be able to help out better than I could.

bombsaway86

• Rep: 158
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 11:32:00 AM »
McIntire is one of the best parks in the state. Huge park with street and bowls.

Skate shops come and go, but there is a new shop there now (haven’t been). When I lived around there people got their boards from the ski shop. HOWEVER, about 40 minutes away in the small town of Louisa, there’s a shop called Strange House that is pretty rad. He carries a lot of old school/reissue type stuff but it’s worth going just to see his inventory. It’s about halfway between Charlottesville and Richmond. Make sure he’s open before going, hours are weird.
www.strange-house.net

It’s a college town so there’s bars. Food is mostly chain stuff, but Mellow Mushroom has great pizza and a killer beer selection.

Charlottesville’s main attractions are the architecture, wine country, and breweries. You have to go a ways out of town for the good breweries and wineries. Blue Mountain brewery is a cool spot, but is still a 30-40 minute drive from downtown. In town there’s South Street and Champion brewery which are good enough.