Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 786744 times)

pops

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #7590 on: April 11, 2024, 10:51:57 PM »
Had fun session on this little asphalt hill near my house. Skated the Gslide shape Dragons and they're nicely worn in now. Finally learned longer bs powerslides. I didnt get any slipping out and the surface varies between crusty and smooth. I think I just getting really adjusted to these wheels and like em even more now.

rikki

• Rep: 280
« Reply #7591 on: April 11, 2024, 11:47:02 PM »

Either way I still think they池e great, but I値l still keep one board setup with F4s and another with X formula

This is pretty much how I'm gonna roll for the foreseeable future.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2192
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #7592 on: April 12, 2024, 11:25:50 AM »
Recently donated my Spitty F4 97s to a homey, as I feel like this new F4 93 formula does all of the things the 97s do, but better.
Ride is even softer feeling w/o being "bouncy," the slide actually sounds better AND they break into that slide w/ less effort than the 97s require.
I am noticing some light "gouging" (for lack of a better term) in the riding surface after running the usual speed checks on these SF hills.  Jury is still out on durability & wear factor for these fun little fucks, at least until I get more time on them.
Over all, I'm liking them a lot as a softer option, even though I'm pretty sure these will be a one time thing for me, as the F4 99s still feel like home.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

flocke

• Rep: 12
« Reply #7593 on: April 21, 2024, 01:53:07 AM »
spitfire 93 vs bones x97

which one feel softer?

which absorbs crust better?

which one feel better to your body (especially if you struggle with backpain)

frtzgn95

• Rep: 0
« Reply #7594 on: April 21, 2024, 04:49:57 AM »
spitfire 93 vs bones x97

which one feel softer?

and which one slides better? easy, predictable, under control... dad board says that after a month, dragons get gummy. does it happen to these two? (too early to answer this for spit 93s, i think.)

boneless900

• Rep: 54
« Reply #7595 on: April 21, 2024, 11:20:35 AM »
spitfire 93 vs bones x97

which one feel softer?

93 spits feel softer/faster than the x97s for me. They're both solid wheels, but I've felt like the 93a soft sliders do much better on slides/grinds where the wheels make contact (like krooks).

Both wheels absorbed crust well for me, so no issues there. After trying both (albeit the spits for only 4 slappy sessions and one dusty indoor), i prefer the feel of 93 spits.

MichaelJacksonsGhost

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Rep: 44
« Reply #7596 on: April 21, 2024, 03:17:00 PM »
Question for those who have some experience with softer wheels:

I値l be in Europe over the summer, and I知 hoping to bring a board to actually skate but also as a means of transportation around the cities I visit. What would be the best wheel set up to be able to both cover long distances easily but also skate if I happen to stumble onto a spot? I知 thinking a set of dragons for when I'm mostly just moving around, then a set of 97 durometer wheels for when I think I値l be skating a little more seriously. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #7597 on: April 21, 2024, 03:38:37 PM »
Spitfire 93s

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2192
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #7598 on: April 21, 2024, 05:11:19 PM »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7599 on: April 21, 2024, 11:38:00 PM »

I値l be in Europe over the summer, and I知 hoping to bring a board to actually skate but also as a means of transportation around the cities I visit. What would be the best wheel set up to be able to both cover long distances easily but also skate if I happen to stumble onto a spot? I知 thinking a set of dragons for when I'm mostly just moving around, then a set of 97 durometer wheels for when I think I値l be skating a little more seriously. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Also depends of the city. Some are totally not skate friendly in the sense of using your board as transportation device. IE: Prague.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7600 on: April 22, 2024, 03:56:47 PM »

I’ll be in Europe over the summer, and I’m hoping to bring a board to actually skate but also as a means of transportation around the cities I visit. What would be the best wheel set up to be able to both cover long distances easily but also skate if I happen to stumble onto a spot? I’m thinking a set of dragons for when I'm mostly just moving around, then a set of 97 durometer wheels for when I think I’ll be skating a little more seriously. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

93a dragons/spits are great for crust, doesn't matter the brand; I'd pick the spit 93a over dragons every time only because they sound better.

If you want the benefits of the new 93a wheels but also want to skate spots that are not crust: X99s - they will give you almost all the benefits of the 93s while also giving almost all the benefits of a regular 99a.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 10:52:46 PM by Xen »

Slugboi22

• Rep: 65
« Reply #7601 on: April 23, 2024, 10:42:11 AM »
 i知 between SML OG formula in the V-cut shape or OJ chubbies in 99a for my next wheel. Does anyone have experience with either?! i do a lot of slides and skate a parking structure with slick ground so im looking for something with decent grip to slide ratio! i致e skated Spit f4 in 99a, 101a, and 97a in numerous sizes and shapes but im looking to try something new! :-)

Slugboi22

• Rep: 65
« Reply #7602 on: April 23, 2024, 10:42:51 AM »
i知 between SML OG formula in the V-cut shape or OJ chubbies in 99a for my next wheel. Does anyone have experience with either?! i do a lot of slides and skate a parking structure with slick ground so im looking for something with decent grip to slide ratio! i致e skated Spit f4 in 99a, 101a, and 97a in numerous sizes and shapes but im looking to try something new! :-)

cliff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 723
    • Sml. Wheels avatar image
« Reply #7603 on: April 23, 2024, 03:34:57 PM »

The SML OG's are the ones I ride. Obviously I'm extremely bias but they're close to what the F4s would feel like from what I've been told. Def good grip to slide ratio in my opinion after they're broken in.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 215
  • sup dog
« Reply #7604 on: April 23, 2024, 03:45:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

93a dragons/spits are great for crust, doesn't matter the brand; I'd pick the spit 93a over dragons every time only because they sound better.

If you want the benefits of the new 93a wheels but also want to skate spots that are not crust: X99s - they will give you almost all the benefits of the 93s while also giving almost all the benefits of a regular 99a.
Will second that spits sound better.

But x97 is an absolute champ in all conditions.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #7605 on: April 23, 2024, 06:46:42 PM »
so the updated preferences are more so Spit 93/97 and Bones X 97 and 99, correct?

I think it's funny how we all are about one degree away from each other, I'm wondering if it's the terrain, we skate differently, do you think there are any inconsistencies in the formula?  Imma guess, it's just super subjective as always....

I had to go to the store tonite and usually I take my zip zinger which has 91 dragons, my daily park driver is X99's and today I took out my giant football which has 94 ditchechs which was sort of 'ahead of it's time', I think they are essentially 94 park formulas....the ditchtechs were so slow....like almost unrideable.