Author Topic: Dyrdek and Diplo Leisuretown  (Read 2970 times)

Gbeerme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Dyrdek and Diplo Leisuretown
« on: June 17, 2022, 07:55:01 AM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/javierhasse/2022/06/13/a-sneak-preview-of-diplo-and-rob-dyrdeks-new-cannabis-seltzers-leisuretown/amp/

Guess his Beach Whiskey concept didn’t pan out. Who would’ve thought entry level drinkers didn’t want diluted bourbon out of pink bottles.

Now  “leisuretown” chalk this up as the next fail. At only 2.5mg and a terrible label layout/color scheme, they will be giving aging inventory away in 6 months.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
Re: Dyrdek and Diplo Leisuretown
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 08:26:56 AM »
when are they just gonna make dyrdek a shark on sharktank?

conqueso

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 08:28:23 AM »
so it like 'gnarlytown' but drydek instead of cobra cole?

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 08:41:31 AM »
so it like 'gnarlytown' but drydek instead of cobra cole?

at least its not 'jonestown' ?

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 08:47:52 AM »
“I dig the low-dose weed drinks, it's something new and different,” says says Thomas Wesley Pentz, better known for his artistic name, Diplo, talking about his new THC-infused selzers. “I can drink a few and just chill.”

According to information procured exclusively ahead of an official announcement, the new cannabis drinks will launch in California soon, under the Leisuretown brand name. The product is a result of a partnership between the famed DJ, California cannabis beverage company Leisuretown, professional skateboarder Rob Dyrdek and cannabis supply chain company HERBL.

Developed by a team of craft brewers, weed lovers and chemists, Leisuretown’s new THC-infused drink, featuring 2.5 mg of THC and 5 mg of CBD, builds upon it’s predecesor, a hemp-infused cannabis beverage featuring 25 mg of CBD. The psychotropic version will come in three flavors: Cherry Vanilla, Ginger Berry and Yuzu Lime.

MORE FOR YOU
The Making Of New York’s $150 Million ‘Cannabis Campus’
Blackstone To Sell The Cosmopolitan Of Las Vegas For $5.65 Billion
The Feds Are Coming For Delta-8 THC
A Sizzling Market

According to estimates by The Brainy Insights, the global cannabis beverages market is expected to reach almost $3 billion in sales by 2028, up from just half a billion in 2020. Adoption will be driven by several factors, ranging from health concerns and a desire to steer away from both smoking weed and drinking alcohol, to increased availability and variety.

California is particularly into weed drinks. Per LeafLink data, this was one of the fastest growing categories in the cannabis space, boastig more than $64 million in sales — a growth of 50% versus 2020.

MORE FROM FORBES
Move Over Red Bull: This New Cannabis-Infused Energy Drink Will Get You In High Spirits
By Javier Hasse
“The growing cannabis beverage category has become increasingly popular, and I am completely in favor of the optimization that Leisuretown offers,” comments Rob Dyrdek. “[The] seltzers are a tasty drink that don’t wreck my day, offering microdoses of THC that allow consumers to let loose while staying in control of their cannabis experiences.”

Other big players in the cannabis beverage space include Canadian marijuana giants Canopy Growth and Aphria, Bhang and Dixie Brands, as well as the bestselling, celeb-favorite, Cann, recently profiled on Forbes by Will Yakowicz. In fact, this same column has portrayed some of the superstars working with Cann, like Tove Lo and Darren Criss, who opt to replace alcohol for weed drinks icreasingly often.

‘A Bit More Golden’

In Rob Dyrdek’s view, cannabis drinks are what’s up. “They just make everything feel a bit more golden,” he argues.

For Doug Walker, president and founder of Leisuretown, what’s golden here is the opportunity. He’s partnered with two of the hottest celebrities in the world right now, and one of the largest cannabis supply chain solutions companies.

MORE FROM FORBES
Weed, Snoop Dogg And A Sony Deal: Mexican Rapper Alemán And His Road To Viral Success In Music And Business
By Javier Hasse
Diplo and Dyrdek have each accumulated more than 14 million followers across social media. Per its internal data, HERBL serves more than 1000 licensed retailers in California, including 30 of the top brands and 98% of storefronts in that state, as well as 99% of storefronts in Nevada.

“Our team could not be more excited to partner with California’s leading distributor to welcome an even broader audience to Leisuretown. This partnership, with the support of HERBL and two notable celebrity brand ambassadors, represents an alignment in scalability to truly bring cannabis beverages to the mainstream,” says Walker.

“Leisuretown combines the crisp, bubbly and delicious nature of seltzers with the calming effects of cannabis, creating a sessionable beverage that lets you function at your very best,” he concludes.

Stay tuned for more details on the upcoming launch.

Get the best of Forbes to your inbox with the latest insights from experts across the globe.
Follow me on Twitter or LinkedIn. Check out my website or some of my other work here.

Javier Hasse
Javier Hasse is a cannabis, hemp, CBD and psychedelics-focused reporter, curr… Read More

Shitty copy paste for the pay walled

Honestly not the worst thing to do but so of the times. Better than any energy drink bullshit. How has villager been doing anyway. I need some AVE juice boxes asap. What were those Elijah Berle seltzers anyway. That market is so saturated

Bout to
Smash a 12 pack and be on this level. What a brand. Being stoned watching funny internet clips via dyrdek and making money off of it. Not too bad dyrdek.

nothing's been the since same

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 10:15:51 AM »
I forget Dyrdek is rich and famous

ilchymis

• Rep: -8
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2022, 10:18:56 AM »

He has some serious dirt on the folks at MTV, only way I can explain the 19-hour Ridiculousness blocks on that channel 3/4 of the week.

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2022, 11:30:48 AM »
usually knocking back a few seltzer gets me all hyper and weird thank god for this product

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2022, 12:16:58 PM »
I actually would love a low thc drink. So many consumable pot products out there send me to the fucking moon and have my heart going 190bpm

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2022, 12:22:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He has some serious dirt on the folks at MTV, only way I can explain the 19-hour Ridiculousness blocks on that channel 3/4 of the week.

there's an hour long youtube documentary about, basically it literally came down dyrdek being smarter than MTV while also making the cheapest yet still watchable content. Sit and watch funny videos his a decades long tried and true model

Burnerboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2022, 03:33:30 PM »
I actually would love a low thc drink. So many consumable pot products out there send me to the fucking moon and have my heart going 190bpm

2.5 MG is super low though. 10mg is usually the smallest dose you find. You're gonna need to smash a lot of these to feel anything.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2022, 05:01:29 PM »
Can’t wait to take a golden shower with this eminently sessionable beverage, thank you Rob for being you

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2022, 06:30:33 PM »
Lucky duck. I went to Portland and bought 500mg and ate two and I felt nothing.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2022, 10:38:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

there's an hour long youtube documentary about, basically it literally came down dyrdek being smarter than MTV while also making the cheapest yet still watchable content. Sit and watch funny videos his a decades long tried and true model

Copying Tosh who copied the Soup who copied American Funniest Home Videos who copied some other shit isn't necessarily being smart. It's been a successful grifter and having no shame or creativity.

Fucking Mtv what a disaster. The president of Viacom needs to be shot into space for being this incompetent. How in the fuck does the coolest channel on tv turn into absolute garbage while funneling money into Dyrdek's pockets?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsXiqG_aZ_c

Edit: I'm loving Dyrdek's crocs.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 10:47:38 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 716
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2022, 01:41:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

2.5 MG is super low though. 10mg is usually the smallest dose you find. You're gonna need to smash a lot of these to feel anything.

doesn’t that mean 2.5mg/ml? so if the can is 0.5l then it would have 1250mg of thc?
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2022, 08:12:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah this a new semi big space . CANN is the company they’re competing with . They’re pretty good . Whenever I do alcohol free months I buy a couple backs . It’s low dose and has a couple miligrams of cbd and the same 2.5 of thc . . They’re pretty chill actually. Also make for an interesting mixer. They’re not meant for the everyday smoker .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2022, 10:29:19 AM »
honestly, i'd try it. the only drinks my dispensary sells are these enormous 100+mg cans that i'll never finish before they're nasty. 2.5 feels like a good time

that said,

For Doug Walker, president and founder of Leisuretown, what’s golden here is the opportunity. He’s partnered with two of the hottest celebrities in the world right now

no way he's referring to dyrdek as one of 'the hottest celebrities in the world right now' right? diplo i could see, whatever, but rob?

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2022, 10:43:39 AM »
Depending on what’s in my tumtum, I can feel 2.5mg. That’d be my dosage (eat a half of a half of a 10mg gummi) for if like maybe my mom might be calling on the weekend, or we’re not getting into a car but maybe riding bikes around the neighborhood

That said, dyrdek and diplo is an unholy duo I’m gonna try and continue to avoid
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 596
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2022, 01:18:44 PM »
Probably really unpopular and I might get kooked for that..

But I like Dyrdek, he walked away from professional skating and isn't milking his sponsors. He bought Alien back from Burton I think? He found successfull jobs after skating, makes money and seems to live a good life.

And his part in Memory Screen is rad.
https://youtu.be/09QH_K95tS0
IG: @flowterspace

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2022, 01:33:43 PM »
^^ As much I can't stand contemporary Dyrdek...
... I do like his old AWS parts.

However, his purchase of AWS did nothing for the company and I'm pretty sure he had to re-sell it very quickly. And, while as I get older, I'm starting to see the value in the pursuit in material wealth, his endeavors post-pro only tarnish skateboarding with his kooky media persona and terrible ideas.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

veritas

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2022, 04:58:38 PM »
Probably really unpopular and I might get kooked for that..

But I like Dyrdek, he walked away from professional skating and isn't milking his sponsors. He bought Alien back from Burton I think? He found successfull jobs after skating, makes money and seems to live a good life.

And his part in Memory Screen is rad.
https://youtu.be/09QH_K95tS0

He finessed MTV out of a bunch of money with his brands through some story i cant remember, but you can't fault his ingenuity or ability to pull it off. Dude basically went from DC megapro to TV executive, which sounds better than being a pro in your twilight years shilling CBD gummy bears or NFT's from your part in a Lakai video.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2022, 07:44:39 PM »
This feels pretty Dumbtown

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2022, 05:44:54 AM »
UpOhioriver?

conqueso

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2022, 08:29:54 AM »
drank one of these and it took me to seizuretown 

pro club blanks

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2022, 09:15:18 AM »
Sounds like animal crossing dlc