Author Topic: Emerica shoe recommendations?  (Read 921 times)

joaqp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 18
Emerica shoe recommendations?
« on: June 19, 2022, 04:45:56 PM »
Any good emerica shoe recommendations.  I'm looking for a vulc shoe with a little more protection/bulk compared to my last pair of converse one star pros.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 72
Re: Emerica shoe recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 02:24:31 PM »
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=116520.0
 Some good Infos about Emerica in there.
I don't skate vulcs.
I'm on my second pair of the Spanky KSL G6.
Overall a great shoe. Pretty durable and comfy.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

DarkPools

• Rep: 166
  • Slamma Jamma
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 02:29:45 PM »
Temple, Tilt G6, and Pillar.
Pillar seems to be the least padded in the tongue but all three of these offer a better sole thickness/insole, solid upper, and durability over the Cons from my experience.

Etnies Joslin Vulc, Windrow Vulc/Windrow Vulc Mid are also good options.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 07:57:57 PM »
Pillar seems to be the least padded in the tongue but all three of these offer a better sole thickness/insole, solid upper, and durability over the Cons from my experience.

I really like the way the temples look.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1066
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2022, 08:16:40 PM »
Tilt and Pillar are great recommendations.

If you're looking at the rest of the Soletech family then Accel Slims. I'm on my 2nd pair and they live up to their legacy.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 445
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2022, 08:51:18 PM »

If you're looking at the rest of the Soletech family then Accel Slims. I'm on my 2nd pair and they live up to their legacy.
[/quote

Tell me more about the accel slims. Huge Wade Stan. Tts?
I had some inÖwhen did they come back? It was probably 2014-15 or something, uninteresting, only partially relevant in that I remember them running a 1/2 size small (had to go 10.5, compared to the 10 in say dunks), and the seam on the toe didnít last. The kickflips were fantastic, the cushioning was brutal.
What say you @rocklobster ?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -750
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2022, 08:52:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Get the temples!

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #endlesstoecapsforthepuffyfooter

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2022, 09:00:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Get the temples!

Idk if I could pull them off. But the new provost shoe is probably gonna be the next shoe I get.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 465
  • Go Faster!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2022, 09:24:29 PM »
KSL G6

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1066
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2022, 10:57:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[/quote

Tell me more about the accel slims. Huge Wade Stan. Tts?
I had some inÖwhen did they come back? It was probably 2014-15 or something, uninteresting, only partially relevant in that I remember them running a 1/2 size small (had to go 10.5, compared to the 10 in say dunks), and the seam on the toe didnít last. The kickflips were fantastic, the cushioning was brutal.
What say you @rocklobster ?
[close]

@ok

Wearing my 2nd pair in 3 months and I'm really loving this as a cupsole after riding nothing but vulc for a year. Wore the Accel Slim in April and am currently on the Accel Slim Plus Everstitch.

Things I liked:
- TTS, nice and snug
- Wide fit for my huge bunions
- Tongue centering straps on the Accel Slim, kept it shape all the way till the end
- The suede was really durable, despite blowing a hole along the side within 2 sessions the layers underneath stayed intact, remedy this with some super glue along the stitching
- More on the durability - I drag and flick off very hard, so having the shoe last as long was really good
- The beefy flick, grips just enough to get it airborne and releases
- Good impact protection, also because I'm wearing insoles so YMMV
- On the Accel Slim Plus, I really liked the strap across the top over the laces, it allowed me to not have to undo my laces every time, slip my foot in and tighten up snug with the strap, adjust the snugness during the session as my foot expanded
- On the Accel Slim Plus, hidden lace loops! Missed that feature from 2000s era shoes, the 1st lace loop isn't hidden (kinda stupid) but a bit of super glue does the trick
- Grippy and durable sole, be shoe went floppy before I developed a hole in the bottom
- The blue and white colorway on the Accel Slim Plus is hot, Wade D rocking them in the last Primitive video convinced me to give these a try

Things I didn't like:
- Blew a hole on the first 2 sessions, see above on super glue
- The mesh portion of the Everstitch ripped really fast, not so much from tricks but from just kicking my board upwards after failing a trick, I fixed this with a light layer of super glue on the mesh area

Overall, super pleased with the shoe, would stock more of them when I get through my stash. I rode the Square Three (vulc version of the Accel Slim) a few years back and was pleased with it.

Big nostalgia factor for me skating in the 2000s, and modern iteration feels like the performance matches that from my teenage years.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 11:04:49 PM by rocklobster »

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2022, 12:56:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Get the temples!
[close]

Idk if I could pull them off. But the new provost shoe is probably gonna be the next shoe I get.

Heís getting a new shoe? Got any pics?

logjammin

• Rep: 102
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2022, 03:46:04 AM »
KSL G6

Seriously. I just got these shoes 3 days ago and they are fucking amazing. I ordered a second pair for backup.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• Rep: 48
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2022, 04:15:19 AM »
How's the tread on these vs say vans

I skated some emerica leos back in like 2014 and got a hole in the sole.

Haven't skated em since. Dark omen hi's look kinda tempting though.

I like that these are more low-key than the blazers but if they're not as good in terms of quality that's a miss for me.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 04:23:39 AM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2022, 06:44:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Get the temples!
[close]

[close]

https://emerica.com/collections/footwear/products/provost-g6-black-white-gold-6102000133-715

Coincidentally they must have recently went live. I like that they look like eras kinda. Id just Throw some white laces on the black ones. Iím bad at posting pics but second slide has 2 colorways. Thereís a navy one also. All 3 on the emerica site

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce4DjMLukSB/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Edit. Just saw thereís also a full leather wino cup on the site thatís servolds colorway.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 06:55:27 AM by Murge »

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2022, 06:57:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Get the temples!
[close]

[close]

[close]

https://emerica.com/collections/footwear/products/provost-g6-black-white-gold-6102000133-715

Coincidentally they must have recently went live. I like that they look like eras kinda. Id just Throw some white laces on the black ones. Iím bad at posting pics but second slide has 2 colorways. Thereís a navy one also. All 3 on the emerica site

Thanks. Strangely enough I havenít seen Emerica promote this shoe at all. Oh well. Not a shoe for me.

I got one pair of his old shoes still in a box from the time I still bought suede shoes. I thought those were nice looking. I guess they werenít very popular as they were available for such a short time.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2022, 07:01:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Get the temples!
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks. Strangely enough I havenít seen Emerica promote this shoe at all. Oh well. Not a shoe for me.

I got one pair of his old shoes still in a box from the time I still bought suede shoes. I thought those were nice looking. I guess they werenít very popular as they were available for such a short time.

Yeah I havenít seen much promotion for it either. Idk if itís shipping issues fucking up timing or what cause I thought it was dropping fall or this winter. And same with the servold colorway I havenít seen anything. It also seems like aside from jpow (seems to skate a few different models.) most team riders just skate the wino

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Go Faster!
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2022, 10:09:05 AM »
Expand Quote
KSL G6
[close]

Seriously. I just got these shoes 3 days ago and they are fucking amazing. I ordered a second pair for backup.

I usually have some pairs in rotation but everytime I suit up to go skate, I only use the KSL now. Oddly, if I try and skate my NB440s, they hurt my feet (and they never did before the KSLs), and I really liked the 440.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2022, 10:12:29 AM »
Must be inventory stuck on a container ship in Long Beach or Asia because they havenít had a decent inventory of wino standards (without Ollie pads) or wino cruisers for a while. I need wino cruisers sole tech!! I just feel weird walking around in public with anything else.

GetItStraitRideKrooked

• Rep: 1
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2022, 10:39:51 AM »
I've been an Emerica cupsole guy for a while, so I can't really speak to the vulcs since my feet can't really do vulcs these days.

My go-to's have been the Gammas, KSLs G6, and the Spanky G6

All are durable, have good board feel, and short time to break them in.

DarkPools

• Rep: 166
  • Slamma Jamma
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2022, 11:20:58 AM »
Expand Quote
KSL G6
[close]

Easily back this decision as well! It serves as a good Reynolds G6 replacement but also feels like it's own shoe. Has an athletic utilitarian feel but also stylish/protective.

OP! If you wanna venture away from the vulcs you were asking about, this could be the shoe for ya!
Super Champion Fun Zone

logjammin

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2022, 02:03:23 PM »
Yeah these feel different than the Reynolds G6 in the sense that the whole toe box area feels already very soft and broken in right when you put them on, along with the G6 insole seeming different than prior versions. This one has a little arch wedge that I didn't ever remember the older version having, or whatever version they put in the vulcs. But it's not like stiff or sticks up too high to the point where you constantly feel it hitting your arch as you walk and skate. Idk, I just love the way this shoe fits. Only downside is I went for a trail walk the first day I had them and the outsole is a pebble magnet. I had to use a razor and manually dig out like 100 rocks out of each one. No one will really experience this for the most part, but just a little quirk I noticed.

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 3
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2022, 03:37:44 PM »
Anyone know how the gamma fits compared to vans sizing?

joaqp

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2022, 07:16:56 AM »
Based off the replies, I think I will look into the KSL G6 or maybe even the temple. I'm looking for a colorway for the KSL G6 that I like bc the ones on the emerica website are the black and green (I'm not a fan of the green) and white/cream (my last pair of shoes were white/cream).  The accel slim also looks like a tempting alternative. Thanks for everyone's input.

logjammin

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2022, 11:15:55 AM »
I wasn't initially a fan of the green bottom of the sole but now I don't even think about it, regarding the KSL's. I really hope they keep this shoe going because I'm hooked!

Cheshire Cat

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2022, 02:33:25 PM »
Based off the replies, I think I will look into the KSL G6 or maybe even the temple. I'm looking for a colorway for the KSL G6 that I like bc the ones on the emerica website are the black and green (I'm not a fan of the green) and white/cream (my last pair of shoes were white/cream).  The accel slim also looks like a tempting alternative. Thanks for everyone's input.

Yeah from all the comments and chat around the KSLs are making me really want to try out a pair.
The design overal seems like it would be really comfortable and skateable.
Initially I was dead-set on one of their slip-on cupsoles, but those donít seem readily available.
Iím in the UK and the Emerica site has the KSLs but £85 for black/green and £80 if you get the cream.
Thatís steeeeeep.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Go Faster!
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2022, 06:09:52 PM »
I wasn't initially a fan of the green bottom of the sole but now I don't even think about it, regarding the KSL's. I really hope they keep this shoe going because I'm hooked!

Same. Hopefully we'll get some more colorways. The green sole I can deal with, but not a fan of the side piping.

Excellent no-nonsense old school shoe.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 06:19:37 PM by Xen »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -750
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2022, 08:15:37 PM »
sorry, thought you wanted a Vulc, hence why I said the temple. Gamma or KSL for cupsole for sure.
All black KSL about to drop too if you don't like the green!

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #endlesstoecapsforthepuffyfooter

joaqp

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2022, 08:52:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
sorry, thought you wanted a Vulc, hence why I said the temple. Gamma or KSL for cupsole for sure.
All black KSL about to drop too if you don't like the green!
I'm going to the local skateshop soon to try on the KSL g6 to see if I like it and get the black colorway coming soon as you said. I've skated a couple cupsole shoes in the past and would not mind it if it feels good. But yeah, the temple is my next choice if I don't like the fit/feel.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • old and in the way
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2022, 09:46:51 PM »
the grey Gammas and black Temples are on sale at the Emerica site for $40