Author Topic: how many slappers have a thrasher mag subscription?  (Read 2350 times)

dirtywork81

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
Re: how many slappers have a thrasher mag subscription?
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2022, 11:29:21 AM »
I get one every year for my birthday. It nice receiving something in the mail every month that's not a bill.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 17
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2022, 01:17:23 PM »
Had one about 10 years ago, now i have one again ever since i got my own place. price is a bit expensive for international but it's fine. sometimes it takes a while, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes i dont get anything at all, but it's fine since i dont really read them anyway.

only gripe i have is that the international subscription renewal doesn't offer a free shirt which is rather odd.

it's nice though, makes me feel young

work_lurker

• Rep: -4
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2022, 01:32:17 PM »
I just go to the grocery store with my foldable chair, post up in the greeting card aisle, and read it cover to cover there.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2022, 03:18:40 PM »
I just go to the grocery store with my foldable chair, post up in the greeting card aisle, and read it cover to cover there.

I havenít seen a skate mag in a grocery store in many years

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2022, 03:45:41 PM »
I've got one. I love getting a new mag in the mail. Although I'll admit, that since Instagram came along, it takes me a few days to a week to get through the whole mag. (I've only had an insta for a couple years) Before that I'd read most of it the first day sometimes.
Over the years I've had subscriptions to most of them. Thrasher, TWS, Slap & Big Brother all getting delivered monthly when I was a teenager. When you grow up somewhere like the Midwest like I did, magazines were a connection to the culture of skating just as much as the tricks. But the internet seems to take care of that just fine nowadays.

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 156
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2022, 09:43:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Iíve had a subscription for the last few years. Itís cheap and you a get a free T-shirt.  I like reading it while I poop.
[close]
[close]

reminds me of a simpler time before cell phones and when you intimately knew the back of the shampoo bottle
[close]

Exactly!

It's great to have something to do wherever that doesn't involve a screen.

Yeah the sub is definitely worth it.
[close]

You are stuck on the toilet in the imminent vicinity of both a shelf that is equivalent to the Great Library of Alexandria of shampoo bottles and a cell phone with access to nothing but Thrasher's Instagram feed - which one do you choose? Painfully honest question.

I don't know how good or bad Thrashers Instagram page is... However I feel like the issue with me reading the shampoo bottles these days is that I would want to grab my phone to look up how fucked up all the chemicals in it are... Defeating the point of not being on my phone.

However, everytime I am on Slap I am apparently choosing this over Thrashers IG feed, for what it's worth.

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 156
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2022, 09:44:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I havenít seen a skate mag in a grocery store in many years

Yeah I bet I haven't seen one at a grocery store in 15+ years.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 853
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2022, 11:10:01 PM »
I do since the price is great since I'm in the states. I give them to my nephew to try to get him stoked on skating. I check out the cover, flip to the end to read the sentences from fried dudes for a chuckle, and most often dont read any of it unless it is someone I am interested in. Being an adult kind of sucks, it is nice to check the mail and receive one thing that isn't a bill.

If it really is 75 bucks for international folks, I wouldn't.
I like my women the same way I like my personified cups of coffee...black...strong...and proud.

°No puedo hacer que aplauda, ​​pero puedo hacer que haga "whoo"!

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -38
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2022, 02:19:08 PM »
I still subscribe to Thrasher, ever since I was a kid I have been amazed by skate photography and being a programer I love anything that does not involve looking at a screen outside of work. Usually when a new issue comes out, I grab a coffee and hang out a cafe and take in the skating. It is a nostalgic experience minus the coffee lol