Author Topic: Gentle Breeze: 1 Biden: 0  (Read 2808 times)

Spectre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -40
Re: Gentle Breeze: 1 Biden: 0
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2022, 06:26:57 AM »
All i know is nothing is bidens fault and trump caused 911

Rohn_mob_joore

• Rep: -24
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2022, 07:55:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Posting Jimmy Dore clips? Gross.
[close]

Haha, what’s so bad about him?
[close]

Personally he had me back in 2016 arguing how Trump appointing three scotuses would be as likely as the moon falling into lake Michigan. He's a dumbfuck and a grifter, the best kind of useful idiot to the right.
[close]

He’s converted way more people from the right over to left-wing economic ideas. Calling people on the right inbred racist shitheads for everything doesn’t really work that well
[close]

True! He's a working class hero for sure

I don’t see how my point doesn’t stand. Good for tucker for having him on his show.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2022, 08:43:18 AM »
Biden may be old, but I'd take him over the alternative.

There is no alternative. America has no real left wing only a synthetic left of controlled opposition and that's not even a conspiracy theory. Clinton, Obama and Biden could have codified RvW but they didn't. They all continue the same imperialistic policies abroad, bombing and drone striking in other countries. They're all in the pockets of corporate America and big banks. Identity politics is a divisive smokescreen; class consciousness is the key. America needs a real third option or a second revolution at this point if people want anything to change.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2022, 12:49:51 PM »
Gas prices suck for sure, but that's so much bigger than one US presidential administration. I hear a lot of folks pushing for more domestic oil production, which I know flies in the face of the green energy movement, but it also just takes a long fuckin time and more money. I don't have numbers, but I feel as though we'd need to do a lot to build the infrastructure to support the American oil habit independent of other nations as well... Plus it's a global market, the idea of just making our own oil doesn't make sense to me (but if someone could explain how it would be possible, that would be rad).

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1576
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2022, 03:35:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There is no alternative. America has no real left wing only a synthetic left of controlled opposition and that's not even a conspiracy theory. Clinton, Obama and Biden could have codified RvW but they didn't. They all continue the same imperialistic policies abroad, bombing and drone striking in other countries. They're all in the pockets of corporate America and big banks. Identity politics is a divisive smokescreen; class consciousness is the key. America needs a real third option or a second revolution at this point if people want anything to change.

When the change was made to where donors could give unlimited funds to campaigns, that's when I figured out how the two party system is a joke and switched to independent.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1440
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2022, 04:09:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

When the change was made to where donors could give unlimited funds to campaigns, that's when I figured out how the two party system is a joke and switched to independent.

Thanks citizens United

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1218
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2022, 04:40:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Personally he had me back in 2016 arguing how Trump appointing three scotuses would be as likely as the moon falling into lake Michigan. He's a dumbfuck and a grifter, the best kind of useful idiot to the right.
[close]

He’s converted way more people from the right over to left-wing economic ideas. Calling people on the right inbred racist shitheads for everything doesn’t really work that well
[close]

[close]

I don’t see how my point doesn’t stand. Good for tucker for having him on his show.

If you had the opportunity to talk to millions of people about something you feel passionate about, would you pass it up if you didn’t agree with all the host’s politics?  There was once a time when it was commonplace for television hosts to bring on people that have differing opinions and talk about them.  It’s kinda ironic that this example happened on probably the most infamously biased cable news channel for at least the last 20 years.  (CNN and msnbc are catching up quick though).

Criticizing the democrats doesn’t de facto make someone a republican.  His point, I think, is that the two parties are much more similar than they are different and are generally guilty of the same crimes.

I wonder if a truly viable third party will ever emerge in America.  It seems like it would take a miracle since the two-party system (and all its attendant lobbyists:special interest groups/corporations) is so entrenched into our collective psyche. 

I understand where the “I’ll take [less plainly evil candidate] over [more plainly evil candidate] any day” argument is coming from.  It seems like the realistic, prudent thing to do, but that’s what got us this Weekend at Bernie’s corpse inadvertently blurting out threats of chemical warfare against China during a press conference. 

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2022, 04:56:49 PM »
Hell yeah @brycickle that video was great
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Spectre

• Rep: -40
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2022, 04:58:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

If you had the opportunity to talk to millions of people about something you feel passionate about, would you pass it up if you didn’t agree with all the host’s politics?  There was once a time when it was commonplace for television hosts to bring on people that have differing opinions and talk about them.  It’s kinda ironic that this example happened on probably the most infamously biased cable news channel for at least the last 20 years.  (CNN and msnbc are catching up quick though).

Criticizing the democrats doesn’t de facto make someone a republican.  His point, I think, is that the two parties are much more similar than they are different and are generally guilty of the same crimes.

I wonder if a truly viable third party will ever emerge in America.  It seems like it would take a miracle since the two-party system (and all its attendant lobbyists:special interest groups/corporations) is so entrenched into our collective psyche. 

I understand where the “I’ll take [less plainly evil candidate] over [more plainly evil candidate] any day” argument is coming from.  It seems like the realistic, prudent thing to do, but that’s what got us this Weekend at Bernie’s corpse inadvertently blurting out threats of chemical warfare against China during a press conference.

The echo chamber people just say"it's not even a debate" and that apparently takes care of everything