Author Topic: is mike v still alive  (Read 5555 times)

nothingnatural

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 58
Re: is mike v still alive
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2022, 09:51:19 AM »
What’s the deal with Elephant? It’s still around, still does Mike V stuff, but does seem to be related to Street Plant at all, right? I don’t understand why it exists and who buys it.

I have no idea who buys it, never seen any Elephant product in person, but it’s a Brad Dorfman/Select Distribution joint, same as Vision, Hosoi, Schmitt Stix, and Tracker 1980s reissues. If Sims hadn’t moved to NHS in ‘92 you’d probably be able to buy those reissues there as well. I haven’t seen anything from Mike V on why he created and then left Elephant, but I think it’s a safe assumption that Dorfman’s way of running things didn’t mesh with Mike’s vision for the company. Too bad Brad still owns the name and graphics.

boogs

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2022, 11:18:18 AM »
A tragic

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2022, 11:32:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I mean there’s a story around the black label part, and it’s been explained multiple times on here too. Couldn’t you at least hate on his spoken word or something?
[close]
as the story goes mike v was late for a very important mike vusiness meeting and had to film his video part on the way
[close]
This.
[close]
please show me all the parts you filmed after getting a cast off your leg
again, he's done some cringey shit and you can call him out on that, but that part is kinda beyond his control no?
Also, hive-mind on here likes to ignore the fact that he ollied the baldy pipe gap the hard way in that part which was an nbd/ maybe even still is? Someone on insta (Nora and vern?) went there recently and couldn't even cross the gap without a bridge and this mofo Ollies up it the wrong way...
I'm not a pro skater, if you wanna see 3 odd minutes of me pushing agressify sure why not. I Just got stitches outa my foot. Third op this year.
I used to be a chef in a one star restaurant, you think if I showed up to work after an injury I could get away with saying "sorry boss can't cook the one star plates but here is some agro Mac&cheese?"

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2022, 11:36:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I mean there’s a story around the black label part, and it’s been explained multiple times on here too. Couldn’t you at least hate on his spoken word or something?
[close]
as the story goes mike v was late for a very important mike vusiness meeting and had to film his video part on the way
[close]
This.
[close]
again, he's done some cringey shit and you can call him out on that, but that part is kinda beyond his control no?
Also, hive-mind on here likes to ignore the fact that he ollied the baldy pipe gap the hard way in that part which was an nbd/ maybe even still is? Someone on insta (Nora and vern?) went there recently and couldn't even cross the gap without a bridge and this mofo Ollies up it the wrong way...

Corey Duffel kickflipped it.

IpathCats

« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2022, 12:03:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
This.
[close]
[close]

my dad can beat up skate better than your dad

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2022, 02:10:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Some one post his part, think it was black label and literally it's just him pushing agro..
[close]

My pleasure

http://youtu.be/259GLf7NDmM

HOTTER AND HOTTER AND HOTTER AND HOTTER
[close]

The VCR couldn’t fast forward through that part fast enough when I was younger

Fast forward straight to some sweet sweet Jim Gagne
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2022, 02:34:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Some one post his part, think it was black label and literally it's just him pushing agro..
[close]

My pleasure

[close]

[close]

Out of curiosity I just checked on YouTube - that was a Mike V/Neal Hendrix back-to-back in Label Kills (pretty rough stretch to test our VCR’s fast forward capabilities).  Fortunately we were then rescued by GOAT legend Jub immediately after…

conqueso

« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2022, 03:02:42 PM »
JUB > mike V all day

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2022, 06:22:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
This.
[close]
[close]

the hard way?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2022, 06:22:59 PM »
JUB > mike V all day
JUB doesn’t get brought up much in the same conversation as natas and gonz but sure…

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2022, 06:32:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
This.
[close]
[close]
I'm not a pro skater, if you wanna see 3 odd minutes of me pushing agressify sure why not. I Just got stitches outa my foot. Third op this year.
I used to be a chef in a one star restaurant, you think if I showed up to work after an injury I could get away with saying "sorry boss can't cook the one star plates but here is some agro Mac&cheese?"
why not? The story goes that lucero wanted a part out of him no? My personal theory is that he (and the video as a whole) was trying to bring some flow back into skating, as at the time it was just mainly push, handrail hammer and then roll onto the grass. I guess his injury allowed him to do that? I dunno, but it’s not like he didn’t skate hard again after he recovered, just baffles me that of all the things you could clown Mike V for, SLAP gets a collective boner over this particular part when the reasons behind it have been discussed at length…
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 08:45:04 PM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2022, 07:02:34 PM »
Got bitches on my jock out in East Detroit/
Cause they think that I'm a mothafuckin' TV Boy/
So I told 'em I was Mike V./
They was like "Gee, I don't know, he might be!"
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2022, 07:38:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

My pleasure

[close]

[close]

[close]

Out of curiosity I just checked on YouTube - that was a Mike V/Neal Hendrix back-to-back in Label Kills (pretty rough stretch to test our VCR’s fast forward capabilities).  Fortunately we were then rescued by GOAT legend Jub immediately after…

Pat Smith low key had a sick part from memory. Wonder what happened to that guy
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2022, 07:59:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
This.
[close]
[close]

[close]
the hard way?

The same way Mike did

https://youtu.be/gzISnaCW-78

@ about 1:32

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2022, 08:12:25 PM »
nice! under the radar too

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2022, 09:26:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

My pleasure

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Pat Smith low key had a sick part from memory. Wonder what happened to that guy

I’m a big fan of that Pat Smith part.  Some tasteful New York and DC skating, good music, lots of the OG Rowley pro model Vans shoe.  I still watch that one, Svitak’s, and Jason Adams’ from time to time. 

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2022, 12:54:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've always found Mike V to be interesting.

Can I ask for everyone's help in listing every single one of his board sponsors here on this thread?  I genuinely want to know.  It would be terrific if we could put them in chronological order too.

Powell Peralta
New Deal
TV
Television
(A lot more here)
Street Plant

Thanks in advance for helping.  I know black label, element, elephant, one or two more times on powell, and a bunch of other stuff is in there too.  Was Crimson his?  Or Rising Tide?  Or Lighting?  Some things like that?  Did he have gest board on Krooked?
[close]
I think its
Powell Peralta
World industries
New Deal
TV
Television
Powell (again)
Black label
Vallely
Element
Elephant
By the sword
Street Plant
[close]
I think its
Powell Peralta
World industries
New Deal
TV
Television
Prime
Color
Powell (again)
Black label
Vallely
Element
Foundation
Hollywood
Blind
Elephant
By the sword
Crimson
Street Plant

You almost nailed it!  Color was before Prime.

texascybergothic

• Rep: 80
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2022, 09:12:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
This.
[close]
[close]

[close]
the hard way?
[close]

The same way Mike did

https://youtu.be/gzISnaCW-78

@ about 1:32

This video part is the reason I'm gay now. Mmm mid 2000s Corey Duffel. So twinky.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2022, 07:20:30 PM »
Vallely has some made in U.S.A., biodegradable, plant-based, non-toxic, etc. boards for sale on Street Plant. I'm still mad at him for not re-issuing the Jumbo Gonz decks like he said he would.