Author Topic: What they shoulda done  (Read 5990 times)

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: What they shoulda done
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2022, 05:35:34 PM »
Borra should have looked before trying to cross the road.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2022, 07:45:06 PM »
swank shouldn’t have fucked around with the CKY money. toy would have had the heartagram and foundation would probably be able to pay its team

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2022, 08:24:24 PM »
…kept Slap in print and tanked Thrasher.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2022, 09:10:55 PM »
swank shouldn’t have fucked around with the CKY money. toy would have had the heartagram and foundation would probably be able to pay its team

What happened here? I thought Bam got most of that money.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Welpok

• Rep: 12
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2022, 10:34:06 PM »
In some alternate timeline or parallel universe this for sure happened.. wish I was there instead..
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2022, 11:30:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Penny shouldn‘t have jumped around on those boulders down at Pablo Picasso‘s house.
[close]
no one called pablo picasso an asshole
[close]

modern lovers are the greatest. has anyone skated to them? can't recall.

anyway, i'm pretty sure it was salvador dali's house when penny fucked his ankle.

fortunately, richman has a song about him too.

[close]

Busenitz skated to Roadrunner.
(Elissa too, I think?)
maybe Peter Raffin skated to possibly I Wanna Sleep in Your Arms in either a Vox or 88 vid?
I can't remember the song, skater, or video, but I know it happed.

*Peter Watkins. Just looked it up. Two outa three ain't bad.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2022, 08:21:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What happened here? I thought Bam got most of that money.

Found this summary

The name "Landspeed" actually comes from "Landspeed Wheels", which was a subsidiary of the skate distribution company "Tum Yeto Inc." Tum Yeto featured brands like Foundation, Habitat, and.... Toy Machine, Bam's first Pro skateboard sponsor.

After the success of the first CKY film started to become obvious, Bam looked further into the specifics of his deal with the distribution company and figured out exactly just how many copies of the movie they were selling. Needless to say, the numbers weren't adding up.

In a July 2001 Big Brother Magazine interview, Bam said:

"Well, I didn't really wanna leave Toy Machine, but Tod Swank was ripping me off for the CKY video, so I was just like, "Ed (Templeton, founder of Toy Machine), what am supposed to do? I wanna be involved with Toy Machine, but I don't want to be involved with Tum Yeto," and Ed didn't do anything about it, so I'm like, "All right, well I'm gone then, see ya."

The situation even resulted in Bam and Brandon Dicamillo having a falling-out for about a year.

From the same Big Brother article, Bam goes on to say:

"It took so much time for Bran to trust me again because he thought that me and Tod Swank had this deal going where me and him were making all this money, while Brandon's getting ripped off "....." I'm like "Bran, Tod Swank never paid me back either, dude" and he totally didn't believe me. So, because of Tod Swank, I wasn't friends with Brandon for like a whole year. That's what happens when you get Swanked. He was showing me all these fucking pie-charts and stuff and Bran didn't want to hear about it. I'm like "Dude, I swear Bran" and he's like "Bullshit, you got to go to California, you guys are riggin' stuff." And then finally, now that I have a lawsuit against the mother fucker, Bran's like "All right, I believe you."

The VHS was eventually reissued by Ventura Distribution, dropping the "Landspeed" title and being known simply as, "CKY".
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2022, 03:27:39 PM »
dylan. shouldn’t have smoked cigs
Different cancer got him buddy

Keyser_Soze

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2022, 06:41:06 PM »
They never should have let Disney acquire Star Wars.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2022, 07:27:38 PM »
Koston and Guy should have stayed on Girl. They never really had a vision for a board company and Numbers is a clear indication of that.

Nick Trapasso should have stayed on Toy Machine for a few more years before starting a board company.

Didn't Koston and Guy leave cus they got fucked on Fourstar and that resulted in some bad blood? Numbers ended up sucking but I don't blame them for leaving if that's true.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2022, 10:31:14 AM »
That's what happens when you get Swanked.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

work_lurker

• Rep: 70
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2022, 11:37:21 AM »
Shakira should have paid the Spanish government
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2022, 06:08:24 PM »
Borra should have looked before trying to cross the road.

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2022, 06:09:29 PM »
jesse should have not kicked off kyota

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2022, 05:16:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
In some alternate timeline or parallel universe this for sure happened.. wish I was there instead..
slap×lacoste

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2022, 05:28:49 AM »
Would be cool if toy machine could bury the hatchet (like their t shirt graphic) and give Diego and jlay a board every now and then.

phlap

• Rep: 8
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2022, 07:16:11 AM »
Tensor should'a released ATG Mag Lights with solid axles. The hollow fuckers bend.
-Summer of George-

Welpok

• Rep: 12
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2022, 08:00:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
slap×lacoste
Damn, somehow that's worse than what we got in this universe.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

thehogsniper

• Rep: 50
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2022, 08:37:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Koston and Guy should have stayed on Girl. They never really had a vision for a board company and Numbers is a clear indication of that.

Nick Trapasso should have stayed on Toy Machine for a few more years before starting a board company.
[close]

Didn't Koston and Guy leave cus they got fucked on Fourstar and that resulted in some bad blood? Numbers ended up sucking but I don't blame them for leaving if that's true.
From what I heard, and this is all local shop rumor, Koston was told he couldn't wear their stuff anymore because of Nike, he went to cash out, they told him he had no equity and he quit everything with them as a result.
Fourstar near the end had really mediocre quality, it was a real shame. When someone runs your creation into the ground, I can imagine being unhappy. One could really argue they had the single greatest team ever for that brand. Carroll, Koston, Gonz, Wair, Puig, Mariano, Kennedy, all come to mind. I don't know what the real story is, so maybe someone can fill in the gaps. In related news, fourstar is back. They had four star branded moleskin notebooks on my local shop, and next year they're doing a tee/shoe with Lakai.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2022, 08:45:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
From what I heard, and this is all local shop rumor, Koston was told he couldn't wear their stuff anymore because of Nike, he went to cash out, they told him he had no equity and he quit everything with them as a result.
Fourstar near the end had really mediocre quality, it was a real shame. When someone runs your creation into the ground, I can imagine being unhappy. One could really argue they had the single greatest team ever for that brand. Carroll, Koston, Gonz, Wair, Puig, Mariano, Kennedy, all come to mind. I don't know what the real story is, so maybe someone can fill in the gaps. In related news, fourstar is back. They had four star branded moleskin notebooks on my local shop, and next year they're doing a tee/shoe with Lakai.
Nike told Koston not to wear fourstar or fourstar let him go because of Nike? Either way that would of had to apply to pretty much half the team