Author Topic: Is Gary Rogers good?  (Read 4222 times)

backspinflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -28
Is Gary Rogers good?
« on: June 22, 2022, 10:43:39 AM »
I can't be the only one that noticed that there was no skateline NBD this past Tues. I know he's been overseas but damn, nothing? I can't remember once in the last decade or so that this has happened.

Hope he's good.

IpathCats

Re: Is Gary Rogers good?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 10:47:34 AM »
Think you misspelled your title.

*Is Gary Rogers Still Alive?

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 11:37:42 AM »
I saw him on someone's ig story in CPH so I'm sure he's good...let the guy get a day off. Also, just a shout out to Gary..skated with him at my local a couple of times and has always been cool
Free Charlie Rambo

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 32
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 11:50:14 AM »
I worked an event with him a few years ago and he was a stand up guy and super easy to work with. If you want to get him psyched, put on Stone Cold Steve Austin's entrance music.

dilbert1

• Rep: 141
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 11:59:51 AM »
He’s hella good

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2022, 12:01:35 PM »
He's pretty good. I saw him at my park once and he had a nice lil kickflip manny.

IpathCats

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2022, 12:05:31 PM »
I worked an event with him a few years ago and he was a stand up guy and super easy to work with. If you want to get him psyched, put on Stone Cold Steve Austin's entrance music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_7TZZhcg40&t=13s

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2022, 12:35:37 PM »
There was footage of him skating in one of the Tired videos and he was definitely a good non-professional skater. Like no one here would see him and be like "Damn, he should be sponsored" but also no one would ever say that he sucks.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

doublesteveburger

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2022, 12:58:21 PM »
it’s rick

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2022, 05:02:54 PM »
He raw

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2152
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2022, 05:06:28 PM »
#PrayForGary

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2022, 07:35:35 PM »
Is he good? Hell yeah he’s good. I’ve seen him double- even TRIPLE kickflip

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2022, 07:55:06 PM »

Weezy can't even SINGLE kickflip!
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1131
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2022, 05:26:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Weezy can't even SINGLE kickflip!
why can’t Lil Wayne kickflip?

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2022, 06:28:29 AM »
Gary might be good but your thread isn't.

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2022, 03:15:45 PM »
Remember when he was drunk or somenthing trying to skate and cant do nothing on a baker video, bake and destroy I guess. they even used the skateline music in the clip
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

Groshua

• Rep: 0
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2022, 04:14:27 PM »
Remember when he was drunk or somenthing trying to skate and cant do nothing on a baker video, bake and destroy I guess. they even used the skateline music in the clip

Shout out Rick Reynolds

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1131
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2022, 07:48:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shout out Rick Reynolds
its rick!

disintegration

• Rep: -113
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2022, 05:44:40 AM »
Saw this dude around Copenhagen last week and he is the most obnoxious, insufferable, narcissistic, attention seeking person ever. I don't think he can even help it.

IpathCats

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2022, 05:52:10 AM »
Saw this dude around Copenhagen last week and he is the most obnoxious, insufferable, narcissistic, attention seeking person ever. I don't think he can even help it.

Give an example?

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2022, 05:59:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Give an example?

The last 10+ years of Skateline?

IpathCats

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2022, 06:31:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Give an example?
[close]

I don't think "The last 10+ years of Skateline" occurred at CPH, super awesome comment though, you really killed it with that one......

I get that he may be too over the top for some, but idk why people are so bothered by him. Sure he's annoying sometimes, but he's funny lots of the time. I enjoy shit talking/banter, so maybe thats just my bias. Being obnoxious and insufferable are pretty subjective so that's anyones call really. I was more curious about the narcissism comment, which is a more serious/objective claim to make. If he's on some total kook shit, let SLAP know, but we're completely aware of his boisterous nature already. He's literally paid to be that way lol.

disintegration

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2022, 06:53:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Give an example?
[close]

[close]

I don't think "The last 10+ years of Skateline" occurred at CPH, super awesome comment though, you really killed it with that one......

I get that he may be too over the top for some, but idk why people are so bothered by him. Sure he's annoying sometimes, but he's funny lots of the time. I enjoy shit talking/banter, so maybe thats just my bias. Being obnoxious and insufferable are pretty subjective so that's anyones call really. I was more curious about the narcissism comment, which is a more serious/objective claim to make. If he's on some total kook shit, let SLAP know, but we're completely aware of his boisterous nature already. He's literally paid to be that way lol.

Danish/European people in general are pretty chill and reserved and sure we can get rowdy/drunk etc but this guy was just so loud shouting, being inane and getting in peoples way that he made himself really stand out in a bad way. He's just really not self-aware and wants so much attention. If you find him funny and entertaining then we are obviously into very different things. I don't think iv'e ever laughed at anything he's said and I can't stand him so I don't watch him. Don't take it personally. if you saw him at the event maybe you would understand.

IpathCats

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2022, 07:20:33 AM »

Danish/European people in general are pretty chill and reserved and sure we can get rowdy/drunk etc but this guy was just so loud shouting, being inane and getting in peoples way that he made himself really stand out in a bad way. He's just really not self-aware and wants so much attention. If you find him funny and entertaining then we are obviously into very different things. I don't think iv'e ever laughed at anything he's said and I can't stand him so I don't watch him. Don't take it personally. if you saw him at the event maybe you would understand.

I'm not the guy's biggest fan or anything, but he does make me laugh sometimes, and his over the top-ness doesnt really bother me since i experience it through the lens of a phone/computer screen. I get how it could be different in person.

The cultural difference thing makes a lot of sense. My lady and I are planning a trip to Japan, I can be kinda loud sometimes and im terrified of accidently coming off as a rude or disrespectful foreigner in another country, I would be so ashamed of myself haha.

Again, honing in on that narcissism comment, did he do something outright narcissistic? Being loud and rude is one thing, but narcissism is like objectively viewing yourself as being above/better than other people. That's why i asked.

I promise you I don't take any of this personally, and i appreciate your reasoning and elaboration. I just see people on here hating on him all the time and it gives me hella karen calling the cops on the block party vibe. Like who gives AF if he's just some wild entertainer type personality? Plenty of people like that. But if he's on some narcissistic ego trip shit, that's another story.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2022, 07:29:18 AM »
I like Gary and Skateline NBD.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

disintegration

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2022, 07:49:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm not the guy's biggest fan or anything, but he does make me laugh sometimes, and his over the top-ness doesnt really bother me since i experience it through the lens of a phone/computer screen. I get how it could be different in person.

The cultural difference thing makes a lot of sense. My lady and I are planning a trip to Japan, I can be kinda loud sometimes and im terrified of accidently coming off as a rude or disrespectful foreigner in another country, I would be so ashamed of myself haha.

Again, honing in on that narcissism comment, did he do something outright narcissistic? Being loud and rude is one thing, but narcissism is like objectively viewing yourself as being above/better than other people. That's why i asked.

I promise you I don't take any of this personally, and i appreciate your reasoning and elaboration. I just see people on here hating on him all the time and it gives me hella karen calling the cops on the block party vibe. Like who gives AF if he's just some wild entertainer type personality? Plenty of people like that. But if he's on some narcissistic ego trip shit, that's another story.

No, being narcissistic isn't something you can control. If you look up the definition of narcissistic thats exactly how he was being. "a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others".

IpathCats

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2022, 07:59:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

No, being narcissistic isn't something you can control. If you look up the definition of narcissistic thats exactly how he was being. "a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others".

I don't recall saying it was? You just cited the definition for Narcissistic Personality Disorder, however the definition for Narcissistic is as follows "having an excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance." and Narcissism "excessive interest in or admiration of oneself and one's physical appearance." People can exhibit specific behaviors without having a disorder that is tied to them. You may or may not be qualified to make that diagnosis, idk. And if you're not qualified to do so, that's fine, it's well within your right to say he was being narcissistic, i was just wondering if there was a specific instance, that eluded to the definitions of narcissism or narcissistic, since i doubt you have the qualifications to diagnose people with mental disorders. Again, i could be wrong about that. just guessing.

somefucker

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2022, 09:29:25 AM »

shoulda just ended it here

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2022, 09:34:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I actually like some aspects of skateline, i dont use most forms of social media, so getting the download from him every week is cool.  He goes wrong with all that chris rock/chappelle style vocal/verb style every week too.   

I am black and have been to Japan, can speak japanese, so I can promise you that cultures don't know about the black experience and will assume you to be a character, best not to fit into that.  My advise is to shut the fuck up most of time in Japan if you want to have a good social experience (bars are different).     

Gotta say that I hated Gary in that live episode, going up to a bunch of white kids and calling them the nword is the dumbest shit ever, why some people do this is beyond me, I even cringe when I catch myself using it around other black people. 

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2022, 11:15:00 AM »
He was a loud and irritating American in Europe is what you are trying to say.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in