Author Topic: Red Bull SOLUS 2022  (Read 5037 times)

fineslime

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
  • downward is heavenward
Red Bull SOLUS 2022
« on: June 23, 2022, 10:45:04 AM »
one of the better internet contests the past few years. all the runs are already posted at

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/events/red-bull-solus/red-bull-solus-men-video-entries

Cookie DESTROYS. Backside nosepick nollie flip and nollie backside heelflip tail on a quarter pipe  :o

and their YouTube channel is posting the full 8 minute videos every day or every other day... something like that. I'm not posting all the YouTube links but I will post this:

http://youtu.be/pj1N8PEq_9g

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
Re: Red Bull SOLUS 2022
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 10:50:08 AM »
Only seen Dashawn and Ilardi so far but they of course both killed it.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

QixHexagon

• Rep: 31
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 11:10:22 AM »
Eli Williams was the best so far. Guy is so consistent.

Girls killed it too. Marina went hard.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 11:11:02 AM »
that dude Jonathan Hernandez skates soooo slooooow. dude has great style, good tricks, but his pace was so frustrating. genuinely painful to watch.

assvogel

• Rep: 194
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 11:33:28 AM »
I'd give my vote for Eli and Cookie. Cookie is always fun to watch as he can pull all kinds of tricks from his bag, never know what's coming next. And Eli just cruised through the whole park and throwing that shuvit noseslide, fakie shuv, switch heel as a bonus was ace.

Still need to watch womens parts, only had time to watch Kascis, she rips.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 12:25:19 PM »
I'd give my vote for Eli and Cookie. Cookie is always fun to watch as he can pull all kinds of tricks from his bag, never know what's coming next. And Eli just cruised through the whole park and shuvit noseslide, fakie shuv, switch heel as a bonus was ace.

I watched this dope edit of the 99' xgames vert best trick (the one tony landed the 9 at) last night and it had a ton of tricks that didn't make any highlights. Colin Mmmkay did shove it nose slide shove it on vert. Pretty crazy.

OwlGreen

• Rep: -127
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 03:06:33 PM »
So everybody gets an hour and Sheckler gets a year? Cookie ripped.

#switchgod

• Rep: -93
  • One love.
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2022, 03:12:47 PM »
Expand Quote
I'd give my vote for Eli and Cookie. Cookie is always fun to watch as he can pull all kinds of tricks from his bag, never know what's coming next. And Eli just cruised through the whole park and shuvit noseslide, fakie shuv, switch heel as a bonus was ace.

[close]

I watched this dope edit of the 99' xgames vert best trick (the one tony landed the 9 at) last night and it had a ton of tricks that didn't make any highlights. Colin Mmmkay did shove it nose slide shove it on vert. Pretty crazy.

Colin's was switch too.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2022, 06:59:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Colin's was switch too.

SHEEEESH. You can find me in the Colin McKay appreciation thread  and if there isn't one created yet, well, there is now.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2022, 07:05:07 PM »
damn shecks is turning into biebel

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2022, 03:18:24 AM »
given that there is a fs 180 to switch backside 5-0 on a hubba in the opening sequence, I'm willing to bet Vincent Milou is in there....and I'm here for it!

edit: Dashawn Jordan's crooked up the double set freaks me out
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 03:25:35 AM by OldieButFrenchie »

nitro89

• Rep: 88
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2022, 03:23:41 AM »
Eli Williams was the best so far. Guy is so consistent.

Girls killed it too. Marina went hard.

second that, she was ripping. shame she took out her knee on the hardflip. those pesky indoor park floors.
"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2022, 03:25:29 AM »
Does it count as a 1 minute run if you spend half of it standing on top of a quarterpipe staring at the ground? I reckon I could do some pretty good minute long runs if I can just do 2 tricks with a 55 second wait in between them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtr74uRslmI
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2022, 03:39:03 AM »
Does it count as a 1 minute run if you spend half of it standing on top of a quarterpipe staring at the ground? I reckon I could do some pretty good minute long runs if I can just do 2 tricks with a 55 second wait in between them

this is the equivalent to a boxer sitting on the stool passed time in between rounds.

Your winner is...

http://youtu.be/4d6f9zuZQJ8

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2022, 05:16:27 AM »
Cookie was the best if you look at the whole clip but I think so far Eli Williams had the best continuous run, amazing stuff and he did it pretty easy. It's a better format this year, I like how they weave the run proper into the video and it's pretty cool to have @cliff there to hype them up

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2022, 07:43:28 AM »

he took an approximately 12 second break. you can get 2 - 3 more tricks in with that amount of time. now that you bring this up I think Jonathan Hernandez took a similar approach by going so slow. there are freestyle skaters who go faster than him.

Edit: turns out his last name is Henderson. my bad. my moderate to severe early adult onset dyslexia has been acting up lately.

MR102889

• Rep: 30
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2022, 08:46:03 AM »
For me, Eli Williams for the win. Dude's run was flawless, he skated everything, and did not get off his board once.

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2022, 08:57:56 AM »
For me, Eli Williams for the win. Dude's run was flawless, he skated everything, and did not get off his board once.

100%

Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2022, 09:19:48 AM »
Cookies was my fav

glimmerati

• Rep: 10
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2022, 09:28:07 AM »

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2022, 10:40:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

he took an approximately 12 second break. you can get 2 - 3 more tricks in with that amount of time. now that you bring this up I think Jonathan Hernandez took a similar approach by going so slow. there are freestyle skaters who go faster than him.

Edit: turns out his last name is Henderson. my bad. my moderate to severe early adult onset dyslexia has been acting up lately.

he was tired from going so hard... you could never do that shit. dashawn is one of the most athletic skateboarders on the planet, if he needs to take a break that means he was busting his ass. he probably could have played any sport he wanted to... yes its all counted towards the full package of a run though and the judges should appropriately dock his mark for it but it doesnt take away from how insane the run is. that is such a weird thing to nit pick. the contest setups are NEVER ideal, why dumb down your big point tricks and sacrifice your chance at winning just so you can appease quarter pipe stall clowns
ONTARIO CANADA

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2022, 10:43:22 AM »
They never let Cookie win anything, but he's always #1 for me. Great style, unique approach to spots, seems like a genuinely good person.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 96
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2022, 10:56:58 AM »
cookie's was the most enjoyable but eli should probably win it

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2022, 01:30:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

he was tired from going so hard... you could never do that shit. dashawn is one of the most athletic skateboarders on the planet, if he needs to take a break that means he was busting his ass. he probably could have played any sport he wanted to... yes its all counted towards the full package of a run though and the judges should appropriately dock his mark for it but it doesnt take away from how insane the run is. that is such a weird thing to nit pick. the contest setups are NEVER ideal, why dumb down your big point tricks and sacrifice your chance at winning just so you can appease quarter pipe stall clowns

yes. I definitely could take an extended break in the middle of a contest run. I've never tried because I've been too busy skating but if I put my mind to it I'm sure I could.

jokes aside 12 seconds in a one minute run is a lot of time to waste is all I'm getting at.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 01:47:19 PM by fineslime »

OwlGreen

• Rep: -127
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2022, 04:40:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

yes. I definitely could take an extended break in the middle of a contest run. I've never tried because I've been too busy skating but if I put my mind to it I'm sure I could.

jokes aside 12 seconds in a one minute run is a lot of time to waste is all I'm getting at.

Dude cost himself the win, no doubt. Posting up for 10 seconds in the middle of your run is some bewildering shit. I think he got a little fucked over by Clif telling him he had 15 seconds, twice, which contributed to a fucking 20 second gap between the penultimate trick and the last. This whole coaching dynamic is wack as fuck. What a half-baked contest.

peterpenis

• Rep: 6
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2022, 08:26:06 AM »
i just want to skate like greyson for a day

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2022, 09:03:04 AM »
i just want to skate like greyson for a day

https://youtu.be/lMlvTF17aEg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J7CNFiEQGw

Maurio's contribution was good too, always underrated.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2022, 11:15:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Dude cost himself the win, no doubt. Posting up for 10 seconds in the middle of your run is some bewildering shit. I think he got a little fucked over by Clif telling him he had 15 seconds, twice, which contributed to a fucking 20 second gap between the penultimate trick and the last. This whole coaching dynamic is wack as fuck. What a half-baked contest.

imagine if someone did this during their run at Tampa. by 3 seconds in announcers would be like, "alright dashawn hustle," then, "dashawn Jordan about to drop in," - "keep it moving dashawn 😡" - "and that's.... tiiime 🤬"

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2022, 04:23:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Sheckler's park is about flowy as you can get, no one's saying he should be throwing in front nosegrinds and flipping in/out of stalls, but it does take away from a run imo when people treat the parks like a golf course by stopping to set-up for each obstacle. Can't stand watching people like P-rod in comps for this reason, yeah he does like 5 - 7 insanely hard tricks but I'd rather watch someone with more flow taking advantage of the whole park.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 04:49:07 PM by Logic »

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2022, 07:40:42 PM »
http://youtu.be/1gAhPlnD4FY

A nice bedtime treat. Like a glass of warm milk or sleepy time tea. I think this dude took Cliff saying, "pace yourself," a little too seriously. Ha! Dude had killer style though and the 3 flip nose grind at the end was so nonchalant.