Author Topic: Roe V. Wade overturned  (Read 4880 times)

Peter Zagreus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 85
Re: Roe V. Wade overturned
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2022, 10:47:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This shit fucking sucks, dude.

Bet they’re gonna go after gay marriage next. And then we’ll be back in the 1960’s and they’ll segregate schools and make sure interracial relationships are illegal too.

[close]

I've been taught to avoid slippery-slope logic, but unfortunately I think you're not wrong. These Christian fundamentalists won't be content until we're living under a theocracy. This is a huge setback for American women (and men who value and respect women - amen, @BartHarleyJarvis), especially working women ("women of color" being a significant and already threatened subsection of this population).
[close]

Yeah I think we can feel confident about these things because they’re already saying it. Clarence Thomas’ concurrence already calls for overturning obergefell and griswold. Republican politicians are already calling for national federal abortion bans, and penalizing women who cross state lines for abortion. It isn’t a slippery slope ifnits literally their platform

So true!

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2022, 10:50:51 AM »
All your mass shootings over there at schools, gay night clubs etc but no one ever is bothered shooting the cunts that deserve it?

Im gonna turn into the joker one of these days

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2022, 10:53:13 AM »
another milestone for the biden presidency

is there a graph someone made that can show me a timeline for how this all happened .. and why can’t biden use his powers to stop this
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2022, 10:54:43 AM »
One way ticket to Europe guys and then burn your passports.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2022, 10:55:56 AM »
Expand Quote
All your mass shootings over there at schools, gay night clubs etc but no one ever is bothered shooting the cunts that deserve it?
[close]

Well it’s asymmetric. People on the left for the most part believe in equality and respecting others and not carrying fucking guns because we’re terrified of everything.
i would love to legally arm myself in this political climate
unfortunately i am tall and black
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2022, 11:03:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

is there a graph someone made that can show me a timeline for how this all happened .. and why can’t biden use his powers to stop this
trump appointed three deciding "justices" during his term
to blame this on biden is low effort, borderline braindead
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2022, 11:05:25 AM »
I wonder how far Thomas is willing to go in order to create a fascist theocracy? I wonder if he'd be down to overturn Loving v. Virginia, which allowed inter-racial marriage.

"Then, he took aim at three other landmark cases that relied on that same legal reasoning: Griswold v. Connecticut, a 1965 decision that declared married couples had a right to contraception; Lawrence v. Texas, a 2003 case invalidating sodomy laws and making same-sex sexual activity legal across the country; and Obergefell v. Hodges, the 2015 case establishing the right of gay couples to marry.

Justice Thomas wrote that the court “should reconsider” all three decisions, saying it had a duty to “correct the error” established in those precedents. Then, he said, after “overruling these demonstrably erroneous decisions, the question would remain whether other constitutional provisions” protected the rights they established."

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1439
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2022, 11:21:22 AM »

The fbi only ever stops those shootings but none of the ones against the most vulnerable people in our society. Funny how that works

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 108
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2022, 11:29:31 AM »
feel bad for you americans, this decision will lead to many preventable deaths. hope you can find some meaningful social progress soon before the split in the country becomes completely irreparable (maybe its already there).

the hard right wing campaigns of "anything but left wing policies" is bleeding into canada and its making me incredibly sad. very sad day

cky enthusiast

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2022, 11:58:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

okay dude it’s trumps fault. better go down to the golf club and reprimand him and not the fuckin dude who was elected on a platform of turning this stupid shit around. people will really tolerate anything in this country

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2022, 12:06:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

okay dude it’s trumps fault. better go down to the golf club and reprimand him and not the fuckin dude who was elected on a platform of turning this stupid shit around. people will really tolerate anything in this country

imagine being this hollow
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2022, 12:21:43 PM »
as if this ruling wasnt decades in the making
& it affects all americans (negatively) regardless of party
biden is as conservative of a democrat as they get, fuck him too
low sodium republican
nobody is caping for him, stop it
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 12:33:39 PM by off »

rukes

• Rep: 214
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2022, 12:57:46 PM »
The Land of the Free
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2022, 01:44:47 PM »
Expand Quote
What organizations/groups are worthy of money to fight this? I am broke but between all the gun rulings and this yeah... no...
[close]

There are none. Organize locally and protect your community

This. Republicans carefully orchestrated this entire process:

1. First they used calculated projects such as Red Map to get as many Republicans into state governments and judicial positions as possible.
2. Red Map then extended to House races.
3. Conservative organizations lobbied state governments and actively tried to find cases that supported their views and then started enacting laws and bringing cases up at the local level in states where they had a legislative and judicial majority.
4. These cases were then appealed up through Federal Courts specifically those that had Republican appointees.
5. In the House they managed to block key Court nominees and then appointed several justices that will continually rule in their favor and have never demonstrated impartiality. I used to say Roberts did but when he joined the majority on this decision it's hard to say he did.

So, how you vote locally does change the launching pad for many of these issues to make it up through the Courts.

Also- read the first few pages of the decision. Overturning precedence isn't new there are actually some major cases such as Brown vs. Board where that led to a favorable outcome, however, this case basically says that the Court can now just kinda decide if it will uphold precedence or not based on "societal norms". This same terminology was used to gut 6th amendment rights a few weeks back and you can bet your ass they will go after same sex marriage and anything related to consumer protection next.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2022, 02:19:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What organizations/groups are worthy of money to fight this? I am broke but between all the gun rulings and this yeah... no...
[close]

There are none. Organize locally and protect your community
[close]

This. Republicans carefully orchestrated this entire process:

1. First they used calculated projects such as Red Map to get as many Republicans into state governments and judicial positions as possible.
2. Red Map then extended to House races.
3. Conservative organizations lobbied state governments and actively tried to find cases that supported their views and then started enacting laws and bringing cases up at the local level in states where they had a legislative and judicial majority.
4. These cases were then appealed up through Federal Courts specifically those that had Republican appointees.
5. In the House they managed to block key Court nominees and then appointed several justices that will continually rule in their favor and have never demonstrated impartiality. I used to say Roberts did but when he joined the majority on this decision it's hard to say he did.

So, how you vote locally does change the launching pad for many of these issues to make it up through the Courts.

Also- read the first few pages of the decision. Overturning precedence isn't new there are actually some major cases such as Brown vs. Board where that led to a favorable outcome, however, this case basically says that the Court can now just kinda decide if it will uphold precedence or not based on "societal norms". This same terminology was used to gut 6th amendment rights a few weeks back and you can bet your ass they will go after same sex marriage and anything related to consumer protection next.
great post

a shame the "left" wont resort to this level of ratfucking
not for the sake of the people, freedom, or democracy
just rolling over for facism
about time to fight back against tyranny

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2022, 02:21:16 PM »
The gun laws don’t really surprise me but this is insane

sharkjumper

• Rep: 40
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2022, 02:44:56 PM »
Not gonna change the decision today, but you can help people still access abortions. There’s a national abortion assistance fund and local organizations helping people. I live in Oregon so folks here are ok, but I donate to 2 regional abortion access funds.

https://abortionfunds.org/funds/

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1056
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2022, 02:52:02 PM »
Phil Murphy Governor of NJ will allow any woman to come to NJ for an abortion from states banning abortion. While not inexpensive and impractical for most if enough blue states do this it could take some teeth out of the ruling.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2022, 02:53:29 PM »
the good news is if you’re a victim of havana syndrome the government is gonna toss you six figures so you can throw that around the next time someone says diamond joe ain’t all that

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2022, 03:40:54 PM »
‘Mercian Christian fascism! Yeeee-haw!

I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1439
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2022, 04:00:35 PM »
the good news is if you’re a victim of havana syndrome the government is gonna toss you six figures so you can throw that around the next time someone says diamond joe ain’t all that

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/democrats-roe-v-wade-singing-b2108959.html

Good news everyone, house dems singing "god bless America" made it all better! They're really taking this issue seriously and are working their hardest to protect our rights!

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2022, 04:11:47 PM »
fuck the dems! fuck republicans. fuck christianity. fuck conservatives!

But mainly, fuck CONSERVATIVES
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2022, 04:21:56 PM »
Does this now make Plan B credible? Naw but legit this is super fucked. Next they are gonna tell me that i cant nut without permission.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2022, 04:20:43 PM »
Does this now make Plan B credible? Naw but legit this is super fucked. Next they are gonna tell me that i cant nut without permission.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2022, 04:21:18 PM »

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2022, 05:31:40 PM »

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2022, 05:36:02 PM »
Gotta save them babies! Then once they’re in school we can use em as target practice! Murica!
Oh can all these right wing fucks that want to ‘save the babies’ and stop pedophilia kill Ted fucking Nuggent? Have they forgotten that he literally bought an under age girl from her parents?! It’s well documented.
Fuck all these fucking fucks.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2022, 08:13:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/democrats-roe-v-wade-singing-b2108959.html

Good news everyone, house dems singing "god bless America" made it all better! They're really taking this issue seriously and are working their hardest to protect our rights!
Worthless
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2022, 09:11:37 PM »
I feel I say this once a week, but America is broken.

WTF. As a citizen of your closest ally and neighbor, I used to believe in American exceptionalism even if we didn't agree on everything, but you guys are regressing into a fucked up puritan society. Sad to watch you guys be governed by people with minority thoughts without strong support.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2022, 09:15:52 PM »

I honestly never thought this track would still be as relevant as it was in 95…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year