Author Topic: Roe V. Wade overturned  (Read 4879 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1439
Re: Roe V. Wade overturned
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2022, 01:46:17 PM »
Minion Death Cult
the name is in reference to the conservative boomer obsession with minions 
https://miniondeathcult.libsyn.com/
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I do a podcast that covers politics through the lens of comment sections throughout the internet. In doing this we saw this coming a long time ago so we have been selling these bumper stickers and all the proceeds are going directly to abortion relief funds. 

http://thatawfulsound.com/merch/abortthecourt

http://thatawfulsound.com/merch/choose-life-stay-out-of-my-uterus-bumper-sticker
[close]

What's the pod called, that's a really interesting idea. Would love to check it out.
[close]

Fuck yeah what up Tony, i knew you were lurking here but didn't think you had an account

The pod rips btw
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 02:03:03 PM by DaleSr »

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2022, 01:53:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Minion Death Cult
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I do a podcast that covers politics through the lens of comment sections throughout the internet. In doing this we saw this coming a long time ago so we have been selling these bumper stickers and all the proceeds are going directly to abortion relief funds. 

http://thatawfulsound.com/merch/choose-life-stay-out-of-my-uterus-bumper-sticker
[close]

What's the pod called, that's a really interesting idea. Would love to check it out.
[close]
[close]

Fuck yeah what up Tony, i knew you were lurking here but didn't think you had an account

Fuck yes!!

I heard about MDC through slap when someone posted a link to the merch drop last year. Been a patron ever since. Last responders goes ham.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2022, 02:04:10 PM »
Minion Death Cult
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thats dope, got it in the queue on Spotify!

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2022, 10:18:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I wonder how far Thomas is willing to go in order to create a fascist theocracy? I wonder if he'd be down to overturn Loving v. Virginia, which allowed inter-racial marriage.
[close]
Probably not. He is married to a white woman. I absolutely despise him and think he should be impeached for his wife's (and possibly his own) involvement in encouraging/plotting the 1/6 insurrection, but to say Clarence Thomas is against interracial marriage is a bit of stretch.
[close]

This was my point. How far will he go in order to help create a White Christian fascist society?
Making your own marriage illegal is a pretty weird way to let everybody know you want a divorce. But hey nobody ever said these guys are not weirdos. Maybe he's still pining to take Anita Hill down to Chinatown and show her his 'chocolate eclair'

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2022, 01:56:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I wonder how far Thomas is willing to go in order to create a fascist theocracy? I wonder if he'd be down to overturn Loving v. Virginia, which allowed inter-racial marriage.
[close]
Probably not. He is married to a white woman. I absolutely despise him and think he should be impeached for his wife's (and possibly his own) involvement in encouraging/plotting the 1/6 insurrection, but to say Clarence Thomas is against interracial marriage is a bit of stretch.
[close]

This was my point. How far will he go in order to help create a White Christian fascist society?
[close]
Making your own marriage illegal is a pretty weird way to let everybody know you want a divorce. But hey nobody ever said these guys are not weirdos. Maybe he's still pining to take Anita Hill down to Chinatown and show her his 'chocolate eclair'

I have a feeling that enabling a complete right wing authoritarian take over of the country is more important to both him and his wife than their own marriage is. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2022, 02:03:26 PM »
Maybe he assured her that they can still be fuck buddies and she won't have to give up riding the Razorback Warthog or whatever the fuck he calls his dick, but only on Tuesday nights after salmon tacos and reruns of Baywatch

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2022, 11:13:44 PM »

I honestly never thought this track would still be as relevant as it was in 95…

These dudes and I-spy we’re the best thing to happen to music since music was invited. Pretty sure Rory from I-spy was the guitarist in swallowing shit after tod left I-spy to play bass for propagandhi…
//////////

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2022, 06:57:16 PM »
Haha now they're getting butthurt about corporations covering travel costs for employees and threatening to introduce what is clearly punitive legislation in places like Texas (im sure texla will be an exception though). I thought it was about states rights and not trying to control women guys?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2022, 07:39:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

These dudes and I-spy we’re the best thing to happen to music since music was invited. Pretty sure Rory from I-spy was the guitarist in swallowing shit after tod left I-spy to play bass for propagandhi…
See, I knew you had good taste! I even remember you wearing an ISPY shirt back in the day. Todd was in swallowing shit too no?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

JRF

« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2022, 01:58:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
See, I knew you had good taste! I even remember you wearing an ISPY shirt back in the day. Todd was in swallowing shit too no?

Yeah man! I had a picture in TWS I think, wearing that I-SPY shirt with the graphic of the solider standing over a dead girl from the cover of the split they did with propagandhi on recess records. I think Todd initially played guitar in swallowing shit, if I remember correctly. Todd’s a great bassist but he’s an even better guitarist. I saw I-spy live in a tiny ass little dive bar in Minot, North Dakota back in ‘95, one of the best live shows I’ve ever attended. If I had to pick  a favorite band of all time, it would be I-SPY. That split they did with propagandhi changed my life, it got me interested in playing guitar. Their album “perversity is spreading, it’s about time” is one of those albums that every single song on the album is fucking amazing!
//////////

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2022, 08:00:20 PM »
I'm sure most people in this thread have heard about the 10 year old in Ohio. It's fucking bullshit.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2022, 02:29:43 AM »
I'm sure most people in this thread have heard about the 10 year old in Ohio. It's fucking bullshit.
Nope what's that about? (Not American btw).

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2022, 07:05:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Some 10 year old sexual assault victims was scheduled to have an abortion in Ohio when roe was overturned. Ohio’s law bans abortion after 6 weeks with no exceptions for rape or incest and this poor girl was 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant apparently. She had to travel to Indiana for the procedure where it’s still legal (for now).

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2022, 05:32:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Some 10 year old sexual assault victims was scheduled to have an abortion in Ohio when roe was overturned. Ohio’s law bans abortion after 6 weeks with no exceptions for rape or incest and this poor girl was 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant apparently. She had to travel to Indiana for the procedure where it’s still legal (for now).

fuck man,  reality sucks. conservatives are holding the world back, it just so sad.
fuck all religion.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2022, 07:27:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

these people are crazy

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1543588920339959810?s=20&t=c3VpiwM8-dV9DpMrvLenbQ

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2022, 11:13:14 AM »
What in the actual fuck. Feel bad for the not insane American's.

StillTryin

• Rep: 41
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2022, 03:59:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Some Ken Mode members have also played in Swallowing Shit. That's the album with a song called "If assholes could fly this place would be an airport" if I'm not mistaken. Have it in my car.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2022, 07:59:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

these people are crazy

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1543588920339959810?s=20&t=c3VpiwM8-dV9DpMrvLenbQ

That’s the precise moment when a US news host needs to become a UK news host and say something like “You want a 10 year old to give birth? Are you utterly deranged?” 

Sagat

• Rep: -65
  • the spiciest slap poster. tiger uppercut!!
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2022, 08:02:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

these people are crazy

[close]

That’s the precise moment when a US news host needs to become a UK news host and say something like “You want a 10 year old to give birth? Are you utterly deranged?”
at least she straight up doe

JRF

« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2022, 10:29:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Some Ken Mode members have also played in Swallowing Shit. That's the album with a song called "If assholes could fly this place would be an airport" if I'm not mistaken. Have it in my car.

That’s my favorite song by them and it’s one the raddest names for song.
//////////

JRF

« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2022, 11:33:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

That’s my favorite song by them and it’s one the raddest names for song. I think it’s actually “if assholes could fly this place would be a fucking airport” though. And then there is their song “I  May Be P.C. (Whatever The Fuck That Means), But You're A Goddamn Poseur“ always loved that take on the propagandhi song.
//////////

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2022, 01:07:13 AM »
@JRF I'm tagging you in the ‘Ghandi thread, come in there and nerd out! (You too @StillTryin)
“If arseholes could fly, this place would be an airport” is such a great track, I have the OG 7” it came out on!

Sorry for the derailing, can’t believe that American took 20 steps backwards in 2022!!!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 01:17:07 AM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

aloftystandard

• Rep: 2
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2022, 12:40:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Minion Death Cult
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Fuck yes!!

I heard about MDC through slap when someone posted a link to the merch drop last year. Been a patron ever since. Last responders goes ham.
Damn totally missed this! Totally made my day. What up what up