Author Topic: Solo Backpacking Europe  (Read 1979 times)

PlugSkullcandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 87
Re: Solo Backpacking Europel
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2022, 08:43:22 PM »
I am a little late to the party but as a European I have a few « recommandations » :

To book train tickets, I think Trainline is good because it regroup most of the European railway companies. It can be expensive tho.

As most of big European cities are well connected transport-wise you can change your plans if the weather is too bad up north you can go down south… Italia and Spain are great to visit if you’re in need of good weather.

Considering security questions, it depends on where you are… as you already know. But for example Germany, Switzerland or Sweden are considered safer than France, Spain or Italia. Never had any problem leaving my stuff while skating in other countries in Europe, I got a bag stolen at a skatepark once… the skatepark 5 minutes away from home in Paris haha ! Also there are « safes » in most of train stations, maybe check how it cost if you want to visit a city and skate it can be cool to put your valuable or unnecessary stuff in it for the day.

Speaking about Paris it’s a cool place, even if I am a little bored about it since I live here since 12 years, you can enjoy a day or two here. Yes we have rude waiters and lot of cigarette smokers, but there is are a lot of sight seeing to do if you are interested. Also there is a lot of spots.

Every suggestion I’ve read here is cool. I had the chance to travel a lot with my dad in Europe when I was a kid / teenager (my mom passed away when I was 8 so travelling with my old man was our way of escaping that) so i can say I brought my board to Ireland, UK, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, and all the way up to the Polar circle in Norway (didn’t skate that much). Wish i did more Eastern Europe tho.

I hope you’ll enjoy your trip. What I like in Europe is that you take the (high speed) train, you fell asleep for one hour and when you wake up, the landscape has changed even within a country. Lots of cultural and geographic differences within a quite tight space and yet we have a lot of common points and shared history.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Solo Backpacking Europe
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2022, 11:50:01 AM »
No need to waste any time in Salzburg.

Better hit up bratislava, budapest or any other eastern european city aftervistiting vienna.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2022, 11:33:28 AM »
Just realized thanksgiving is end of november, i hope you did realize that it gets dark pretty early and the weather is cold already….

Paintahill

• Rep: 0
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2022, 04:01:04 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm guessing because your American you dont like raving? Actual raving not what Americans call raving.

If you do go to Berlin check out the techno scene it will open your mind in ways you never dreamed lol.

Prague ls a great city also. Beautiful. Lots of rich history to explore too
[close]

I actually love techno and tech house but yeah its very rare to come across someone else who is into it or real raves for that matter. Now you got me thinking about Berlin because that's something that I wont ever experience here in America... Day raves and such are popular in most major citys from what I understand though?

You guys are giving me really good suggestions, I wish I can experience it all.

In that case I would say Berlin should be a mandatory destination for you. It's a one of a kind experience when you're into raves or Techno in general. Seriously, I would even go so far to say you're making a big mistake if you're not going.
It's the Mekka for Techno nightlife.

Combine that with it being a dope place to skate makes it a must-go.
It will be rainy in November, though.