6 (2.4%)
Good with some bad parts
109 (43.1%)
Bad with some good parts
45 (17.8%)
Berra’s masterpiece
16 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author Topic: Is DVS “Skate More” the worst skate video?  (Read 8615 times)

notmikerusczyk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
Re: Is DVS “Skate More” the worst skate video?
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2022, 07:56:44 AM »
nostalgia aside i'd say that's life is the worst skate video from that era

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2022, 07:59:38 AM »
I can’t remember which one but I’m pretty sure the worst major video was by Flip. Might be the one with claymation or the one with intros by dumbass Johnny Rotten. Those and the Shorty’s vids must have been made by 12 year olds

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2022, 08:04:15 AM »
In the beginning there was semen...

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2022, 08:13:22 AM »
I can’t remember which one but I’m pretty sure the worst major video was by Flip. Might be the one with claymation or the one with intros by dumbass Johnny Rotten. Those and the Shorty’s vids must have been made by 12 year olds

The only thing I remember about the claymation video was the beginning of the curren/louie part where curren is just low carving through some snake run

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2022, 08:19:11 AM »
This video was actually pretty good, I enjoyed it thoroughly besides Berras complaining, always skipped his shit
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2022, 08:22:21 AM »
I feel like Slap should be on board because this is the video that introduced the Berra fake spot video part.

Also, Mikey Taylor made fun of my pants at a pizza restaurant around this era so we’re enemies for life

Fuck the video, tell us more of this interaction
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

WPG

• Rep: -3
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2022, 08:23:03 AM »

Flip Sorry as the worst video of all time is THE HOTTEST take that Slap will ever see
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

TheWineClub

• Rep: 41
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2022, 08:37:07 AM »
Daewon’s best part

Anytime Jeron lands a trick I feel bad for his knees

A good less talked about Dill part

Castillo shouldn’t have been in there

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2022, 08:43:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
did you mean to post this in the unpopular opinion thread?

Expand Quote
nostalgia aside i'd say that's life is the worst skate video from that era
[close]
that's life is strange because half the video is terrible (gareth stehr, matt allen, angel ramirez) but there are some truly excellent parts sprinkled through the entire thing (your namesake, justin strubing, daniel shimizu). by 2007 you could throw the whole ass company away though
Gareth Stehr's entire career was ruined by one bad 360 in a line. Dude was fucking legit especially for the time. Last of the make it or break it era. (Altho Gabbers is kinda bringing it back to some level) also came from fucking nowhere in NZ in a time when it was an accomplishment just to get to Aus from NZ.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2022, 08:49:20 AM »
Holy shit dude are you talking about "Sorry?"

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2022, 08:50:02 AM »
It is the soundtrack and bland editing that makes this video boring.

Among many other problems, Getz skating to a Napoleon Dynamite song didn't work for me.

Also, Mikey Taylor's ender has always been weak. I know we've discussed it on SLAP before but this would be amazing if someone did this at Dunbat but it is not a slow motion ender for a pro skater.

However, iThink might even be worse than this.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2022, 08:50:09 AM »
Expand Quote
I feel like Slap should be on board because this is the video that introduced the Berra fake spot video part.

Also, Mikey Taylor made fun of my pants at a pizza restaurant around this era so we’re enemies for life
[close]

The year is 2006. I’m a young punk rocker/skater who just got his driver license wanting to take his girlfriend out on a date to the local pizza joint. Mikey Taylor is the hometown hero still in his “rolling deep with the crew in a tiny Honda Civic hatchback” phase, dressing fresh and wearing his City stars medallion. My girl and I order and end up sitting at the booth adjacent to Mikey and his crew. I don’t remember the exact insults, but there were comments made about the tightness of my pants and how they must belong to my girlfriend. Je suis embarrassed.

Years later I meet Mikey Taylor at a skatepark and mention how he absolutely roasted me at toppers pizza, and he was actually really friendly. We had a laugh about it. To be honest I like Mikey Taylor, although the current weird hustle mentality crypto iteration is a bit of a bummer.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -458
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2022, 08:55:16 AM »
Some very very good parts but as a whole yeah I remember even when it came out feeling a little let down and like it wasn’t a cohesive vid.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2022, 09:11:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The year is 2006. I’m a young punk rocker/skater who just got his driver license wanting to take his girlfriend out on a date to the local pizza joint. Mikey Taylor is the hometown hero still in his “rolling deep with the crew in a tiny Honda Civic hatchback” phase, dressing fresh and wearing his City stars medallion. My girl and I order and end up sitting at the booth adjacent to Mikey and his crew. I don’t remember the exact insults, but there were comments made about the tightness of my pants and how they must belong to my girlfriend. Je suis embarrassed.

Years later I meet Mikey Taylor at a skatepark and mention how he absolutely roasted me at toppers pizza, and he was actually really friendly. We had a laugh about it. To be honest I like Mikey Taylor, although the current weird hustle mentality crypto iteration is a bit of a bummer.

mikey was already pro for SEEK by 2004 so either this was before or he never had the medallion when he was bothering you  ;D

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2022, 09:26:11 AM »
I liked the video. I wasn’t like WOah. It is post “skateboarding” era. Queer skater ban was still in effect tho
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2022, 09:31:07 AM »
Any video with a shared Zered and Busenitz part is automatically designated as good in my book

IpathCats

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2022, 09:37:48 AM »
What's the actual worst skate video? Can someone beat Birdhouse "The Beginning", saw that mentioned earlier. No homie/shop vids, only established brands with big name pros. I'll start a WOAT poll if we can boil it down to a few.

linzrobertson

• Rep: -42
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2022, 09:44:17 AM »
I'm surprised you don't see more NYC skate rats dressing like Skate More Dill these day, loose cut chino high waters, high socks, mullet. Caveman over a smoky trash can in NYC dressed like that, tag Dill, that could be your ticket onto FA

IpathCats

« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2022, 09:50:58 AM »
I'm surprised you don't see more NYC skate rats dressing like Skate More Dill these day, loose cut chino high waters, high socks, mullet. Caveman over a smoky trash can in NYC dressed like that, tag Dill, that could be your ticket onto FA

This surprises you? Not exactly a look most people could pull off, or would even want to try for that matter.

Would be pretty funny to see such a specific and obvious ripoff though.

The guys are all like "this is just what I'm into" while wearing silver shoes and capris with either giant hair or shaved heads.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2022, 10:00:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This surprises you? Not exactly a look most people could pull off, or would even want to try for that matter.

The guys are all like "this is just what I'm into" while wearing silver shoes and capris with either giant hair or shaved heads.
Don't Americans all grow up playing baseball? Isn't the long socks thing kinda normal? Gotta admit I've done the shorts with long socks multiple times thruout my life altho usually more on the baca than dill end of the spectrum. Tall guy problems.

Also the worst skate DVD ever is that fucking ice cream video. It's not even close.  Most disappointing I'd say probably the DC video( love aves part, wenning is good, skip all the rest) or pretty sweet (we waited, expectations were thru the roof, it delivered but everyone realised they don't actually give a shit about this type of thing anymore)

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2022, 10:14:37 AM »
it's not that bad.

blind 'what if?' is another one to throw on the pile of vids from this era that are worse than this, although probably not as bad as birdhouse 'the beginning' which a few people already mentioned.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2022, 10:16:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Don't Americans all grow up playing baseball? Isn't the long socks thing kinda normal? Gotta admit I've done the shorts with long socks multiple times thruout my life altho usually more on the baca than dill end of the spectrum. Tall guy problems.

Also the worst skate DVD ever is that fucking ice cream video. It's not even close.  Most disappointing I'd say probably the DC video( love aves part, wenning is good, skip all the rest) or pretty sweet (we waited, expectations were thru the roof, it delivered but everyone realised they don't actually give a shit about this type of thing anymore)

Anyone else remembers that in 2009 it was supposed to be the first full HD skate video? it only took them 3 years more  ;D

I back pretty sweet as the Worst ever, in difference with some other terrible videos mencioned already, in this one there's no parts I go back to see, none

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2022, 10:19:12 AM »
Fulfill the Dream or The Storm for worst video.

Battalion is second.

Most surprisingly good video is Jereme Rogers’ Neighborhood.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

IpathCats

« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2022, 10:31:50 AM »
Was gonna mention pretty sweet, but i think that was more of a let down than a bad video.

Battalion is a solid mention. completely forgettable.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2022, 10:35:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

mikey was already pro for SEEK by 2004 so either this was before or he never had the medallion when he was bothering you  ;D

You’re probably right, the city stars medallions is just a hilarious skate factoid that I love. If I had one idc who I rode for, KAREEM gave it to you, you wear it.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2022, 10:54:23 AM »
Video was good for the most part, but that team was all over the fucking place hahahaha. Take a 2000s transworld lineup and multiply it by 3.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2022, 10:59:56 AM »
nike sb nothing but the truth has to be up there as one of the WOAT videos, one of the most disappointing videos ever

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2022, 11:03:59 AM »
That Nike video wasn’t that bad, Supa skating to Raekwon, the BA Gino shared part (with that unironically sick Gino push), Weiger had some solid stuff, and a lowkey great Reese Forbes part . The edit was pretty weak and those skits were bizarre. It also came out around the same time as Fully Flared, which was fucking stupid.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2022, 11:05:23 AM »
Don't know why I'm so compelled to defend skate more of all fucking videos but I am so whatevs.
I feel like the team is actually a pretty solid unit especially for the time. Compare it to say yeah right where there's Mike York, Tony Ferguson, Richard mulder and Rick mccrank and ba or DC where theres robbie McKinley, Ryan Smith with Colin McKay and Danny way on the mega, flip with it's total pick n mix team.

nike sb nothing but the truth has to be up there as one of the WOAT videos, one of the most disappointing videos ever
I used to have an edited version "nothing but the skating". Actually pretty enjoyable

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2022, 11:08:33 AM »

The cut scenes are whatever, but this is a solid video. Nowhere near bad.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.