6 (2.4%)
Good with some bad parts
109 (43.1%)
Bad with some good parts
45 (17.8%)
Berra’s masterpiece
16 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author Topic: Is DVS “Skate More” the worst skate video?  (Read 8589 times)

Fongstarr.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Is DVS “Skate More” the worst skate video?
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2022, 11:09:38 AM »

Anytime Jeron lands a trick I feel bad for his knees

I think it was Slap when I got on back in the days that someone pointed Jeron's knees out. That is when I knew I wasn't as big of a skate nerd as the people on this board. But I love his part but I think it has to do with the song.

And I definitely was not hip to Dill's part back in the days. I was so into Daewon and his tech that I felt Dill's part was super lackluster. I can sort of appreciate it now but I'd be lying if I said I like it like the rest of the guys on there.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -480
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2022, 11:40:41 AM »
I liked the Berra part. It had some flow to it.
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2022, 11:47:15 AM »
Fulfill the Dream or The Storm for worst video.

Battalion is second.

Most surprisingly good video is Jereme Rogers’ Neighborhood.

No way. Battalion was amazing, despite Dobstaff's and Thomas's horrible style. This def comes from that moment when Barcelona was the place to film for sure. I think I even own the deluxe edition of that video (they just glued a silver piece of paper to the front of the original DVD box).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc-de_RSxHM
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 12:02:06 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -128
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2022, 11:50:57 AM »
Clearly you haven’t seen the first couple blacklabel videos.
big texas cummer

biggietoms

• Rep: 8
  • take acid
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2022, 11:57:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm surprised you don't see more NYC skate rats dressing like Skate More Dill these day, loose cut chino high waters, high socks, mullet. Caveman over a smoky trash can in NYC dressed like that, tag Dill, that could be your ticket onto FA
[close]

This surprises you? Not exactly a look most people could pull off, or would even want to try for that matter.

Would be pretty funny to see such a specific and obvious ripoff though.

The guys are all like "this is just what I'm into" while wearing silver shoes and capris with either giant hair or shaved heads.
[close]
Don't Americans all grow up playing baseball? Isn't the long socks thing kinda normal? Gotta admit I've done the shorts with long socks multiple times thruout my life altho usually more on the baca than dill end of the spectrum. Tall guy problems.

Also the worst skate DVD ever is that fucking ice cream video. It's not even close.  Most disappointing I'd say probably the DC video( love aves part, wenning is good, skip all the rest) or pretty sweet (we waited, expectations were thru the roof, it delivered but everyone realised they don't actually give a shit about this type of thing anymore)
[close]

Anyone else remembers that in 2009 it was supposed to be the first full HD skate video? it only took them 3 years more  ;D

I back pretty sweet as the Worst ever, in difference with some other terrible videos mencioned already, in this one there's no parts I go back to see, none

hasnt Blondey been rockin the Dill Skate More kit for sometime now?? minus the hair and silver shoes.

And how the hell is The DC video the most dissapointing?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2022, 12:05:52 PM »
I like Skate More. Looking back my favorite thing is in Mikey Taylor's intro how he's blabbering like an idiot and that stop motion character screams "Shut up!". Someone could respond to 100% of his dumb fucking Twitter posts with that "shut up".
Anyways, Daewon, Huf, Busenitz, Kerry Getz, and Dill all have sick parts.

TreBombMartin

• Rep: 30
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2022, 12:12:14 PM »
Skate More did have some awful parts but I don't think it was the worst. Battalion isn't even in contention for the worst video IMO. Same goes for That's Life. Ice Cream video doesn't count because who ever considered them an actual company?

What If? Is my vote. Other than Creager and Duncombe's part that video sucked and they ruined every ender with the ads leading up to the release. Awful

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2022, 12:47:35 PM »
Skate More did have some awful parts but I don't think it was the worst. Battalion isn't even in contention for the worst video IMO. Same goes for That's Life. Ice Cream video doesn't count because who ever considered them an actual company?

What If? Is my vote. Other than Creager and Duncombe's part that video sucked and they ruined every ender with the ads leading up to the release. Awful

What If? is underrated and has a full Video Days Easter egg.

Plus Aaron Artis skates to the best Marvin Gaye song.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2022, 12:50:41 PM »
Also, Spirit Quest was unwatchable.

IpathCats

« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2022, 12:52:14 PM »

so edgy

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2022, 12:55:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

so edgy

Motion sickness from that filming. 🤮

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2022, 01:51:26 PM »
Expand Quote
I can’t remember which one but I’m pretty sure the worst major video was by Flip. Might be the one with claymation or the one with intros by dumbass Johnny Rotten. Those and the Shorty’s vids must have been made by 12 year olds
[close]

Flip Sorry as the worst video of all time is THE HOTTEST take that Slap will ever see
Was that the one with Johnny Rotten? Ok it wasn’t that bad, but that song Geoff Rowley skated to was so bad

ninformatic

• Rep: -7
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2022, 01:51:36 PM »
My first pirate video ever, download it on Ares or LimeWire, Dill part was sick. 10/10

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1083
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2022, 02:05:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I can’t remember which one but I’m pretty sure the worst major video was by Flip. Might be the one with claymation or the one with intros by dumbass Johnny Rotten. Those and the Shorty’s vids must have been made by 12 year olds
[close]

Flip Sorry as the worst video of all time is THE HOTTEST take that Slap will ever see
[close]
Was that the one with Johnny Rotten? Ok it wasn’t that bad, but that song Geoff Rowley skated to was so bad

The “I am the walrus” cover he skated to is, in fact, good. Gray Matter rips

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2022, 02:13:48 PM »
What if? Is actually underrated IMO. James Craig, Creager, Duncombe, Artis, Corey Sheppard, and of course the back lip El toro guy Carlos Ruiz who is nobody’s favorite but did stuff that was hilariously gnarly for the time

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2022, 02:17:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Rowley's song doesn't matter because his part is all time.  It's fucked up even by current standards.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2022, 02:19:15 PM »
What if? Is actually underrated IMO. James Craig, Creager, Duncombe, Artis, Corey Sheppard, and of course the back lip El toro guy Carlos Ruiz who is nobody’s favorite but did stuff that was hilariously gnarly for the time

I sincerely believe that if Ruiz's part wasn't edited for toddlers he could have a career past this part. Dwindle did this kid wrong. Someone needed to mentor him not just let him huck down gnarly spots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0nLIrVN640

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

linzrobertson

• Rep: -42
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2022, 03:59:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm surprised you don't see more NYC skate rats dressing like Skate More Dill these day, loose cut chino high waters, high socks, mullet. Caveman over a smoky trash can in NYC dressed like that, tag Dill, that could be your ticket onto FA
[close]

This surprises you? Not exactly a look most people could pull off, or would even want to try for that matter.

The guys are all like "this is just what I'm into" while wearing silver shoes and capris with either giant hair or shaved heads.
[close]
Don't Americans all grow up playing baseball? Isn't the long socks thing kinda normal? Gotta admit I've done the shorts with long socks multiple times thruout my life altho usually more on the baca than dill end of the spectrum. Tall guy problems.

Also the worst skate DVD ever is that fucking ice cream video. It's not even close.  Most disappointing I'd say probably the DC video( love aves part, wenning is good, skip all the rest) or pretty sweet (we waited, expectations were thru the roof, it delivered but everyone realised they don't actually give a shit about this type of thing anymore)
[close]

Anyone else remembers that in 2009 it was supposed to be the first full HD skate video? it only took them 3 years more  ;D

I back pretty sweet as the Worst ever, in difference with some other terrible videos mencioned already, in this one there's no parts I go back to see, none
[close]

hasnt Blondey been rockin the Dill Skate More kit for sometime now?? minus the hair and silver shoes.

It actually does surprise me, not only would it be pretty functional pants wise, I think it would look sick. Undershirt/tanktop, half length pants, and high socks, as simple as it gets really. Probably great for skating. I think kids today have moved onto wild baggy / bigger clothes in general though which is why you don't see some kid rocking that.

Dill looks sick in that era because he's wearing actual pants cut off and just looks rugged, as opposed to Baca who just wears giant Dickies and huge t-shirts, not that he doesn't rock it, but it's not the same look. It's like Southern California motorcycle club style. Still I'm into it. And Blondey is moreso wearing just shorts and extra high socks with more sock exposure. Looks more like a soccer player than anything, which I guess is fitting considering he is on Adidas and that atrocious shoe they just gave him looks like a borderline soccer shoe I guess.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2022, 04:23:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It actually does surprise me, not only would it be pretty functional pants wise, I think it would look sick. Undershirt/tanktop, half length pants, and high socks, as simple as it gets really. Probably great for skating. I think kids today have moved onto wild baggy / bigger clothes in general though which is why you don't see some kid rocking that.

Dill looks sick in that era because he's wearing actual pants cut off and just looks rugged, as opposed to Baca who just wears giant Dickies and huge t-shirts, not that he doesn't rock it, but it's not the same look. It's like Southern California motorcycle club style. Still I'm into it. And Blondey is moreso wearing just shorts and extra high socks with more sock exposure. Looks more like a soccer player than anything, which I guess is fitting considering he is on Adidas and that atrocious shoe they just gave him looks like a borderline soccer shoe I guess.

I don’t think we talk enough about Sammy baca transitioning from hesher cosplaying as Blanca from
Street fighter to straight Loc’d out gangster…

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2022, 04:29:27 PM »
i love that there's a clip of dill wearing lakais in his part

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2022, 04:36:47 PM »
Dill's first line with the manny to fakie manny then the stance switch mid push to varial heel always stuck with me. Seems like no matter how fucked up that dude was he always had a lot of memorable clips in his parts.

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2022, 04:41:08 PM »
Famous -everywhere we go exist
Transworld- Substance is way worse

Coldpizza

• Rep: 146
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2022, 05:02:06 PM »
The worst video will always be Birdhouse the Beginning.

Skate More is pretty good at best and okay at worst. The Zered/Busenitz part set to the wizard is worth the price of admission alone.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2022, 06:33:39 PM »
Skate More is a good video

I won’t say what the worst from that era is because it’ll make everyone mad

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2022, 06:40:58 PM »

SAY IT! Can’t drop a teaser like that!

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2022, 06:57:37 PM »
its in my top 10 actually. I wish skate vid soundtracks were half as good these days.. Also this is the era I was coming up in and really obsessed and hungry for skateboarding.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2022, 07:13:50 PM »
Expand Quote
nike sb nothing but the truth has to be up there as one of the WOAT videos, one of the most disappointing videos ever
[close]

The cut scenes are whatever, but this is a solid video. Nowhere near bad.
i mean yeah obviously the skating is good, but it's not a good video when stupid skits take up half the running time. it's certainly not a video i would just put on and watch the whole way through. i was at a premier for it and the confusion and disappointment in the venue was palpable.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2022, 07:28:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Rowley's song doesn't matter because his part is all time.  It's fucked up even by current standards.
Song doesn’t matter? Hell yeah it does. It’s why I don’t have any Peter Smolik vids on rotation despite him being one of the best ever.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2022, 08:22:47 PM »
Tengu: God of Mischief… horrible.

IpathCats

« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2022, 08:56:49 PM »

https://youtu.be/feH8l-RIYSw