6 (2.4%)
Good with some bad parts
109 (42.9%)
Bad with some good parts
45 (17.7%)
Berra’s masterpiece
16 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Author Topic: Is DVS “Skate More” the worst skate video?  (Read 8701 times)

sus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
Re: Is DVS “Skate More” the worst skate video?
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2022, 09:06:51 PM »
how any other skate videos could be deemed as “the worst” when LE’s Theatrix exists is beyond me

Dusty

• Rep: -4
« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2022, 09:23:12 PM »
One of my favorite videos. When I was 13, a cop rolled up beside me and my friends on our way back from the store. Just seeing if we were up to something. I had shorts on with tall socks (dill influenced). The cop said “son what the hell are you wearing?”

xrossings

• Rep: 61
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2022, 12:09:41 AM »
What's the actual worst skate video? Can someone beat Birdhouse "The Beginning", saw that mentioned earlier. No homie/shop vids, only established brands with big name pros. I'll start a WOAT poll if we can boil it down to a few.

The FKD Video is probably up there

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2022, 03:29:18 AM »
The guy who came in here talking about Sorry is not getting enough shit for it. Almost ban worthy take
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2022, 03:36:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I can’t remember which one but I’m pretty sure the worst major video was by Flip. Might be the one with claymation or the one with intros by dumbass Johnny Rotten. Those and the Shorty’s vids must have been made by 12 year olds
[close]

Flip Sorry as the worst video of all time is THE HOTTEST take that Slap will ever see
[close]
Was that the one with Johnny Rotten? Ok it wasn’t that bad, but that song Geoff Rowley skated to was so bad
[close]
Rowley's song doesn't matter because his part is all time.  It's fucked up even by current standards.
[close]
Song doesn’t matter? Hell yeah it does. It’s why I don’t have any Peter Smolik vids on rotation despite him being one of the best ever.

Wait, you don't like Federalz?
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2022, 03:56:40 AM »
Expand Quote
What's the actual worst skate video? Can someone beat Birdhouse "The Beginning", saw that mentioned earlier. No homie/shop vids, only established brands with big name pros. I'll start a WOAT poll if we can boil it down to a few.
[close]

The FKD Video is probably up there

i remember watching that and it being so obviously made entirely of leftovers.

there's a few crail dudes in it whose parts are just unapologetically warm up tricks from 'yeah right' filming missions, which came out two years earlier. can't remember exact details but I think, for instance, there's a clip of prod switch heeling a set that he switch fs heels in yeah right, in the same clothes etc.

this came out the same year as skate more and only a year after round 3, and daewon still had enough clips to claim first AND last part. his skating doesn't really speak to me that deeply, but the dude was such a fucking machine around this time. total legend.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2022, 04:04:26 AM »
Fulfill the Dream or The Storm for worst video.

Battalion is second.

Most surprisingly good video is Jereme Rogers’ Neighborhood.

Neighborhood is sick.  I’m going to watch it rn.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

renerene

• Rep: -3
« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2022, 04:14:50 AM »
In the beginning, there was semen.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2022, 07:01:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm surprised you don't see more NYC skate rats dressing like Skate More Dill these day, loose cut chino high waters, high socks, mullet. Caveman over a smoky trash can in NYC dressed like that, tag Dill, that could be your ticket onto FA
[close]

This surprises you? Not exactly a look most people could pull off, or would even want to try for that matter.

Would be pretty funny to see such a specific and obvious ripoff though.

The guys are all like "this is just what I'm into" while wearing silver shoes and capris with either giant hair or shaved heads.
[close]
Don't Americans all grow up playing baseball? Isn't the long socks thing kinda normal? Gotta admit I've done the shorts with long socks multiple times thruout my life altho usually more on the baca than dill end of the spectrum. Tall guy problems.

Also the worst skate DVD ever is that fucking ice cream video. It's not even close.  Most disappointing I'd say probably the DC video( love aves part, wenning is good, skip all the rest) or pretty sweet (we waited, expectations were thru the roof, it delivered but everyone realised they don't actually give a shit about this type of thing anymore)
[close]

Anyone else remembers that in 2009 it was supposed to be the first full HD skate video? it only took them 3 years more  ;D

I back pretty sweet as the Worst ever, in difference with some other terrible videos mencioned already, in this one there's no parts I go back to see, none
[close]

hasnt Blondey been rockin the Dill Skate More kit for sometime now?? minus the hair and silver shoes.

And how the hell is The DC video the most dissapointing?
[close]

It actually does surprise me, not only would it be pretty functional pants wise, I think it would look sick. Undershirt/tanktop, half length pants, and high socks, as simple as it gets really. Probably great for skating. I think kids today have moved onto wild baggy / bigger clothes in general though which is why you don't see some kid rocking that.

Dill looks sick in that era because he's wearing actual pants cut off and just looks rugged, as opposed to Baca who just wears giant Dickies and huge t-shirts, not that he doesn't rock it, but it's not the same look. It's like Southern California motorcycle club style. Still I'm into it. And Blondey is moreso wearing just shorts and extra high socks with more sock exposure. Looks more like a soccer player than anything, which I guess is fitting considering he is on Adidas and that atrocious shoe they just gave him looks like a borderline soccer shoe I guess.
[close]

I don’t think we talk enough about Sammy baca transitioning from hesher cosplaying as Blanca from
Street fighter to straight Loc’d out gangster…

Doesn’t baca have like an AC/DC shirt graphic tattooed on his back?
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1123
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2022, 08:31:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm surprised you don't see more NYC skate rats dressing like Skate More Dill these day, loose cut chino high waters, high socks, mullet. Caveman over a smoky trash can in NYC dressed like that, tag Dill, that could be your ticket onto FA
[close]

This surprises you? Not exactly a look most people could pull off, or would even want to try for that matter.

Would be pretty funny to see such a specific and obvious ripoff though.

The guys are all like "this is just what I'm into" while wearing silver shoes and capris with either giant hair or shaved heads.
[close]
Don't Americans all grow up playing baseball? Isn't the long socks thing kinda normal? Gotta admit I've done the shorts with long socks multiple times thruout my life altho usually more on the baca than dill end of the spectrum. Tall guy problems.

Also the worst skate DVD ever is that fucking ice cream video. It's not even close.  Most disappointing I'd say probably the DC video( love aves part, wenning is good, skip all the rest) or pretty sweet (we waited, expectations were thru the roof, it delivered but everyone realised they don't actually give a shit about this type of thing anymore)
[close]

Anyone else remembers that in 2009 it was supposed to be the first full HD skate video? it only took them 3 years more  ;D

I back pretty sweet as the Worst ever, in difference with some other terrible videos mencioned already, in this one there's no parts I go back to see, none
[close]

hasnt Blondey been rockin the Dill Skate More kit for sometime now?? minus the hair and silver shoes.

And how the hell is The DC video the most dissapointing?
[close]

It actually does surprise me, not only would it be pretty functional pants wise, I think it would look sick. Undershirt/tanktop, half length pants, and high socks, as simple as it gets really. Probably great for skating. I think kids today have moved onto wild baggy / bigger clothes in general though which is why you don't see some kid rocking that.

Dill looks sick in that era because he's wearing actual pants cut off and just looks rugged, as opposed to Baca who just wears giant Dickies and huge t-shirts, not that he doesn't rock it, but it's not the same look. It's like Southern California motorcycle club style. Still I'm into it. And Blondey is moreso wearing just shorts and extra high socks with more sock exposure. Looks more like a soccer player than anything, which I guess is fitting considering he is on Adidas and that atrocious shoe they just gave him looks like a borderline soccer shoe I guess.
[close]

I don’t think we talk enough about Sammy baca transitioning from hesher cosplaying as Blanca from
Street fighter to straight Loc’d out gangster…
[close]

Doesn’t baca have like an AC/DC shirt graphic tattooed on his back?

That's a good question, I don't know. I just know he has a big VEGAS across his stomach

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2022, 08:38:38 AM »
Ohhhh, I always thought the lyric was "In the beginning/there was E-man"

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2022, 09:25:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Ohhhh, I always thought the lyric was "In the beginning/there was E-man"
"In the beginning
There was Wee-man"
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

IpathCats

« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2022, 09:32:13 AM »
The guy who came in here talking about Sorry is not getting enough shit for it. Almost ban worthy take

Then give him some shit, don't give other people shit for not doing what you aren't doing either lol.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2022, 10:13:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Then give him some shit, don't give other people shit for not doing what you aren't doing either lol.

There are people here defending Darkstar Battalion for Guy Kampfen’s sake, and I’m here to give them shit for that. 💩
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2022, 11:53:40 AM »

i also think he was complaining more about extremely sorry with the claymation, but tossed the johnny rotten intros in there as well. if he did mean sorry, yes immediate b&.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #135 on: June 29, 2022, 11:55:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

There are people here defending Darkstar Battalion for Guy Kampfen’s sake, and I’m here to give them shit for that. 💩
thats me  ;D sven kilchenmann too

What can I say I like eurotech

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2022, 12:03:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Oof kampfen can get a pass but Sven is too much. Its the most relentlessly ok part ever made and the song doesn't help. Doon dun dun (a 7 stair) dun dun dun (another medium level Manny) doon dun dun (another 7 stair)..... Repeat times a thousand

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: June 29, 2022, 12:09:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Oof kampfen can get a pass but Sven is too much. Its the most relentlessly ok part ever made and the song doesn't help. Doon dun dun (a 7 stair) dun dun dun (another medium level Manny) doon dun dun (another 7 stair)..... Repeat times a thousand

There’s a reason Guy and Sven rode for Monkey Business 😂.

I can’t hear that Suzanne Vega song Tom’s Diner without thinking about Guy Kampfen. Same goes for Sven and Our House in the Middle of the Street.

Sucks that Enrique Lorenzo had to take that paycheck.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 63
« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2022, 12:14:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Fulfill the Dream or The Storm for worst video.

Battalion is second.

Most surprisingly good video is Jereme Rogers’ Neighborhood.
[close]

Neighborhood is sick.  I’m going to watch it rn.

Yeah, unironically I love that J-Rog part, skating to son of a preacher man isn't something anyone can just pull off.
Dam, think this thread has made me realise I'm a bigger fan of his than I thought. Even the Selfish video (ps - anyone got a HD rip?) was a good watch for his fucked up ledge tricks (mostly in Barca - whole video seemed like they rented an apartment there for two months plus four months coke abd booze budget) and Jani's part.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2022, 01:07:47 PM »
Skate More was definitely a sick video for its time. I remember actually liking all the artwork that was interlaced between the parts as well. I really enjoyed Mikey Taylor's part in the video, at the time I was in 11th grade and went to Best Buy and bought that Doves album.

The album still holds up. And I think his part does too. Even though its cool to diss him now.

Other than that Dills spray painted silver shoes was definitely a time warp for me.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #140 on: June 29, 2022, 01:17:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i also think he was complaining more about extremely sorry with the claymation, but tossed the johnny rotten intros in there as well. if he did mean sorry, yes immediate b&.
I was mixed up on which one is which. Sorry is good , even if I don’t like Johnny Rotten and Rowley’s song sucks. I don’t like the claymation one, whichever it is. And PJ Ladd doing no song was fucking smug and annoying. There is all my complaints about Flip videos.

I apologize to everyone who was offended

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #141 on: June 29, 2022, 01:20:48 PM »
Skate More was definitely a sick video for its time. I remember actually liking all the artwork that was interlaced between the parts as well. I really enjoyed Mikey Taylor's part in the video, at the time I was in 11th grade and went to Best Buy and bought that Doves album.

The album still holds up. And I think his part does too. Even though its cool to diss him now.

Other than that Dills spray painted silver shoes was definitely a time warp for me.

I had a pair of Dill Savier (?) shoes that were all silver and sort of wavy that were wild as fuck in middle school? Discount pile at the local shop. Need to dig up a photo of those...

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 63
« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2022, 01:33:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I had a pair of Dill Savier (?) shoes that were all silver and sort of wavy that were wild as fuck in middle school? Discount pile at the local shop. Need to dig up a photo of those...

Those were DVS (Prada rip-offs) iirc.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2022, 01:35:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wavy and wild as fuck? those were the DVS ones weren't they? Gucci or other designer influence?

wait was dill ever on savier?

or maybe vita shoes?

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2022, 01:35:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Those were DVS (Prada rip-offs) iirc.

Hahah beat me to it and got it right- PRADA influence!

showbobs

• Rep: -1
« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2022, 01:40:37 PM »
Funny going back and realizing ACTUALLY how many fake spots Berra had his part. Yikes.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2022, 02:38:48 PM »
Shit I think everyone is right, they must have been DVS. The looked like these but they were silver, not brown.....

Coldpizza

• Rep: 165
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2022, 02:45:16 PM »
Shit I think everyone is right, they must have been DVS. The looked like these but they were silver, not brown.....

I had these in all black.
Bought em from my local (at the time) in Bozeman Montana for like 60% off.
I remember them being super comfy, but the soles felt weird as shit on board.
They also lasted forever, which was a bummer as a kid with no money, cuz you knew you weren’t getting anything else till they were toast.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2022, 02:45:33 PM »
some absolute batshit insane opinions in here

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2022, 02:50:47 PM »
My first ever purchase from Supreme was a pair of DVS Hufnagel’s in 2001. Those shoes were incredible.