Author Topic: Simple Skater Recipes  (Read 2400 times)

2cents

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 83
Simple Skater Recipes
« on: June 28, 2022, 03:36:31 AM »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: Simple Skater Recipes
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 07:25:13 AM »

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 07:33:12 AM »
saltines + peanut butter = a meal

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 09:33:32 AM »
Been really fuckin with making breakfast sandwiches and this was easily the best one:
English muffin
Overeasy egg in the cast iron
Mild cheddar
Turkey bacon
Natural peanut butter top muffin
Red pepper jelly bottom muffin

Wrap that bitch up in foil after so it steams up nice before you eat. And trust me on that pbj combo

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 09:44:31 AM »
Cut up capsicum and onion and carrot small put it in frypan with some olive oil. After like five mins put in some beef mince, smash it up, flip it as needed. When that's done throw in a can of corn kernels (drain the water first) and can of chilli and bunch of cheese. Mix it all up. When cheese is melty put it on a plate. Eat with packet of nachos.

Or instead of can of chilli do can of tomato and instead of nachos cook some pasta. Or gravy with mash/whatever cooked potato/sweet potato. Such an easy meal basically been doing it since I was ten.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2022, 01:20:49 PM »
French bread pizza is super simple, cheap and was one of my go to's when I started cooking for myself.
The trick though is slicing thinner slices of the bread so it goes further.  Some people just slice the thing right down the middle and call it a day, but the bread to toppings ratio is way off.  You can feed a couple of homies if you do it right.  One thing to keep in mind is if you plan to load it up with a lot of toppings, toast the bread for a few minutes before putting the sauce on so it doesn't get all mushy.   

Get hungry on it!

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2022, 09:20:35 PM »
Smoothies man, start your morning off right. Easy as hell and frozen fruit is cheap-ish. Just buy Bananas once a week and throw some PB in there for your protein and fats. Nothing is easier than filling a blender with stuff and pressing a button.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2022, 11:17:46 PM »
Smoothies man, start your morning off right. Easy as hell and frozen fruit is cheap-ish. Just buy Bananas once a week and throw some PB in there for your protein and fats. Nothing is easier than filling a blender with stuff and pressing a button.

Even better if you can get the ugly fruit that goes on discount.

A pressure cooker / Instant Pot is a great entry point to cooking for yourself. Easy to cook a batch of food for easy meal prep and the process is mostly idiot proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0
Found this a great upgrade to regular scrambled eggs, a nice change up from the regular omelette or sunny side up.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022, 10:40:22 AM »
Shit, this is my kind of thread. Been cooking more and more lately and I'm loving it.

My favorite simple breakfast recipe is the tried-and-true breakfast sandwich. 3 eggs fried hard (seasoned with salt, pepper, onion power, paprika, and kimchi kick), 4 pieces of vegetarian bacon, and two veggie sausage patties. Throw it all on your choice of bun or wrap, add a slice of cheese, too, and there you have it. Simple, filling, and nothing that'll leave you feeling too heavy to function.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2022, 10:57:49 AM »
Not full meal but somethig I do couple times a week since forever. Cut up carrots, potato, sweet potato, pumpkin. Peel some onion maybe cut in half or quarters. Turn on oven to 200. Get an oven tray put baking paper on it put it next to stove. Get a saucepan with lid put in some olive oil, maybe some honey, salt, pepper and whatever spices you like put it on the stove for a min or so. put in some of the veg. Pick it up, hold the lid and shake the fuck out of it. Take the veg out put on tray, repeat as needed. Leave the onions in the saucepan tho. Put tray in oven for like a half hour. Come back and put onions on tray and put back in oven. About twney more mins and you have roast veg.

Everyone's got different tastes and different setups tho so you'll have some trail and error of what size to cut veg, what times to do and what temps. Smaller size veg and higher temps will obvs cook way faster but risk of burning way higher.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2022, 11:57:01 AM »
My dad used to make me “Sports Sandwiches” when I was a kid.  Piece of bologna and piece of American cheese rolled up.  He said the Baltimore Orioles are them before going out on the field and I was a dumb kid and believed him and savored these special Sports Sandwiches.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2022, 12:29:44 PM »
My dad used to make me “Sports Sandwiches” when I was a kid.  Piece of bologna and piece of American cheese rolled up.  He said the Baltimore Orioles are them before going out on the field and I was a dumb kid and believed him and savored these special Sports Sandwiches.

that's like the Wish Sandwich, 2 pieces of white bread with ketchup, wish you had something between.

but hey, on the smoothies, watch out with the Pnut butter. Even with the no-additive shit, the fats can end up being a lot. I love pnut butter, I can eat it by the spoonful, but have since backed off to the no-additive peanut powder. easier on the digestion. 3 scoops peanut butter powder, 2 brown and frozen bananas (super cheap when they're on the way out), some frozen cherries, lion's mane mushroom powder, blend and call it a day.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Jebediah

• Rep: 110
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2022, 12:42:23 PM »
Pigs in a blanket hit hard. Get you some hot dogs, ready to bake croissants and an oven w/ pan. Roll them dogs up in the croissant dough then bake at 350 till the dogs are bursting at the tips.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2022, 12:49:58 PM »
Grab some lettuce, veggies, a cooked rotisserie chicken, and some of your favorite dressing.

Salads with chicken are my go-to lunch during the work week.

And they take like 5 mins to make.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1044
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2022, 01:32:08 PM »
Chicken cordon bleu is surprisingly simple

twic3

• Rep: 14
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2022, 01:43:38 PM »
Rice, fried egg, and Spam marinated in soy sauce then cooked on a skillet

Rice, canned tuna+mayo, and kimchi on the side.

Korean microwavable rice is a time saver and always comes out perfect.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2022, 01:52:26 PM »
3 egg omelette with whatever veggies are in the fridge(spinach, green onions, avocado) + cheese + some garlic salt/pepper. add hot sauce or tj's garlic spread and possibly a slice of toast

thebacker

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2022, 04:26:57 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0DkkLsvF4o

suuuuuuuuuuper gas and you can sub the chili's out for chili flakes

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2022, 04:49:57 PM »
Love that YouTube channel @DaveFuck

Also dig the dude Ethan Cheblowski or whatever. Good explanations on how to make simple shit taste better.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2022, 05:10:54 PM »
Rice, fried egg, and Spam marinated in soy sauce then cooked on a skillet

Rice, canned tuna+mayo, and kimchi on the side.

Korean microwavable rice is a time saver and always comes out perfect.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCljbU5HUNH/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 05:20:10 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2022, 06:18:23 PM »
3 egg omelette with whatever veggies are in the fridge(spinach, green onions, avocado) + cheese + some garlic salt/pepper. add hot sauce or tj's garlic spread and possibly a slice of toast

Or go frittata, similar ingredients just cooked differently. You can cook a larger portion and have it throughout the week, reduces the need to cook and clean multiple times.

https://www.saltfatacidheat.com/

Really helpful book if you want to up your cooking game, if your dishes are feeling 1 note its because one of these elements is missing. Especially for salads, you'll be amazed how much toasted bread crumbs with olive oil, sunflower seeds or almonds can transform the dish.

Helps frame your thinking while prepping meals so you aren't eating homogenous slop all the time.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2022, 01:17:05 AM »
Caprese salad

Melon and Parma ham
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2022, 01:37:19 AM »
^^^You're supposed to say how

Easiest of easy. Put some pasta in a saucepan with water. Cut up a carrot and onion throw them in too with some frozen corn and peas.  Boil it for 10-15 mins. Drain water throw in some salt,pepper,whatever spices and some shredded cheese or some cheese singles. Maybe rip up a slim Jim into pieces if you got it and add that too. Stir it all up and you got my Mac and cheese recipe (from someone who's never had proper Mac and cheese)

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2022, 02:30:01 AM »
Big fan of greek salad because Iove feta and olives. It's easy and great for hot summer days when j don't feel like cooking.

I also can recommend homemade hummus, even without tahini just blend some chickpeas, garlic and lemon juice and eat it with some pita or pide and pickled veggies.
You can get creative if you add some tomato or paprika paste or even some cooked beetroot.

A simple but awesome dish I found is a stew/ soup made from grilled/ baked red bell peppers. Just cook the grilled and skinned peppers with a can of tomato sauce/passata, add a can of chickpeas and a can of tuna, don't forget spices (smoked paprika is a must!), and some fresh herbs. Best shit ever

thebacker

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2022, 06:11:48 AM »
Love that YouTube channel @DaveFuck

Also dig the dude Ethan Cheblowski or whatever. Good explanations on how to make simple shit taste better.

Ethan rules, also shoutout j kenji lopez-alt

Lin Thizzy

• Rep: 86
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2022, 11:24:53 AM »
"Simple" seems to be a a pretty subjective and relative term when it comes to recipes.
So far our "simple" range has peanut-butter and saltines on one end of the spectrum and chicken cordon bleu on the other.

IMO, a truly simple recipe meets the following parameters:
1. Minimal time spent sourcing ingredients
2. Minimal cost of ingredients
3. Minimal prep time
4. Minimal room for error while preparing
5. Minimal clean-up time
6. Maximal satiety

My go-to simple post-skate recipe hits all of the above and leaves plenty of room to riff on and spice up to your flavor preference.

Lin Thizzy's Beanoa:

Ingredients:
2 Cups water
1 Cup quinoa
1 Can (15oz.) of beans
1/2 Cup dry roasted and salted peanuts (or any type of nut/ seed you prefer)
Hot sauce to taste (my go-to is sriracha)

What you'll nee:
Heat source (gas burner, electric cooktop, etc.)
One or two-quart pot with lid
Measuring cup
Can opener
Fork or spoon

Preparation:
Bring 2 cups of water to boil in pot
Add 1 cup of quinoa to pot
Reduce heat to low and set timer for 15-minutes
After 15-minutes the quinoa is ready
Turn heat source off
Open can of beans and drain bean water
Add beans to pot with quinoa
Add 1/2 cup of nuts to pot with beans and quinoa
Stir quinoa, beans and nuts to combine all ingredients in pot
Serve in separate bowl
Add hot sauce to taste

To maximize the simplicity of this recipe, skip the separate bowl and eat straight out the pot, and store leftovers in the fridge in the same pot.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2022, 02:31:48 PM »
saltines + peanut butter = a meal

My man. This is usually my breakfast.

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2022, 02:55:05 PM »
1. Buy a bunch of candy bars
2. Take em out of the wrappers
3. Get a paper notebook
4. Put the candy bars in the notebook
5. Drop the notebook on the ground
6. Stomp on that bitch (take off your shoes so you don't get dog shit and chewed gum in your candy)
7. Chow down on that smashed-up lumpy mound of candy bars fast before the rats and pigeons come try to jack you
8. Anybody who tells you this shit ain't good for you is a test tube baby who deserves to get knocked out cold
9. Wash off your bloody knuckles
10. Avoid Police

More than a recipe, it's like a metaphor for modern life in general. Gotta seize it by the balls sometimes

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2022, 05:08:50 PM »
composition or spiral? asking for a friend

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2022, 05:55:05 PM »
Don't matter bro it just acts as a shield to protect your sugary wad from the bottom of your foot