Author Topic: Different Versions of Videos  (Read 7491 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
Re: Different Versions of Videos
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2022, 08:50:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
not originally my link, sorry i can't remember who shared it to me, but this is koston to prince.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xsZjLW9mwW1h96xVNtV3aPqBxURP4buh/view
[close]
I think the original version to Prince works much better. That Frank Black song is great, but a bit too hardcore and doesn't match the rest of the video. Especially right after Rick McCrank's part.

[close]

the prince edit is great, but frank black is the original song
[close]
“But there were so many things in motion with that part, even down to the song. I’d thrown out that Frank Black song earlier as an option but the original edit we were working with used Prince’s “Let’s Go Crazy.” That’s the song I really wanted but, again, we just couldn’t get the rights. Prince songs were super gnarly to get back then. He shut it down.”

https://chromeballincident.blogspot.com/2017/05/chrome-ball-interview-101-eric-koston.html?m=1
What weird is the edit with the prince song is on the DVD. Not in the video but there's a bunch of alt edits as bonus features but you'd assume you still need to get the rights to the music for those. So either they just went ahead and did it without the rights or ended up paying for them for something 95% of people won't even watch.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2022, 09:25:01 AM »
Well, no the thing about it is
You could with any time but it would be up to you
Basically pays the cost, but I'm not in ur shoes
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

doublesteveburger

« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2022, 10:25:15 AM »
Well, no the thing about it is
You could with any time but it would be up to you

JLay24

• Rep: 1
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2022, 11:42:08 PM »
Here is the original edit of the The Flare

veritas

« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2022, 03:27:07 AM »
Not a huge fan of the original Kerry Getz song but holy shit does it fit better than Chico's song from Skate More

That high quality version of mosaic is tits

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2022, 07:03:38 AM »
The Spitfire Video.   I don't care if its blasphemy but I can't stand MCM and the monster group that's in the redone soundtrack

Noseskidder

• Rep: 14
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2022, 07:11:40 AM »
Heath Kirchart & Jeremy Klein’s part in Birdhouse’s The End. The VHS version is Bowie- Under Pressure. Later releases on dvd have them skating to Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Don’t Come Around Here No More.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2022, 09:29:55 AM »
Expand Quote
I vaugely remember a version of heath's sight unseen part that was edited to a different song.
[close]

On the old Emerica message board, there was a re-edit Wish You Were here. I saw this before I saw Sight Unseen as a whole and have always preferred this edit to the Moody Blues one

I downloaded that version at some point of my teenage life and watched it religiously
Its still on youtube, someone uploaded it in 2007 but copyright killed the audio long time ago

Genericwhitemale

« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2022, 10:34:32 AM »
Did Primitive Define have a different soundtrack in the theatre than it did online?

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2022, 04:06:47 AM »
H-Street not the new H-Street video

Yes, the first version had some better song choices, like the downtown Vegas skating at night I think worked better in the first version with the bad religion song “I want to conquer the world”, Damien carbahall’s part edited to black flag was a lot better, the opening to the real ac/dc back in black song instead of the goofy instrumental. But the 2nd version had a couple better edits and song choices too, some of the parts edited to op-ivy in the 2nd version worked pretty good. I liked both versions of hensley’s part though and I’m not sure which I’d say was better, wether it be to “knowledge” by operation ivy, or the original edit to “shoot to thrill” by ac/dc.. but one thing for certain is the 2nd version had the amazing montage after hensley’s part, there was some serious bonker ass clips in that end montage, especially carroll’s clips, the 360 flip lipslide at brown marble was so good.
//////////

JRF

« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2022, 04:14:18 AM »
“This is not the new H Street Video”. I got it on vhs when it first was released. Soundtrack started with the real AC/DC back in black. Las Vegas footage had Bad Religion automatic man & I want to conquer the world. Chad Vogt had some classical music different than what’s in the YouTube version. There was no operation ivy in the original version. Fugazi ‘Sieve fisted find’ played during Mike Carroll’s part. AC/DC ‘Shoot to thrill’ played during Matt Hensley’s part. The soundtrack on the YouTube version is completely different than the original vhs.

Haha! I just wrote a whole paragraph reply about the same thing, only the flow dudes got the early version before they change a lot of the songs. But the original version didn’t have the crazy ended montage after hensley’s part.
//////////

JRF

« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2022, 04:22:18 AM »
Expand Quote
grew up with the version of Yeah Right with Gino skating to David Bowie and I like that one way more
[close]

instead of GNR? really?

As far as I can remember yes, on the subject of “yeah right” carrol’s part to “born killer” by Scarface was ten times better than it was to young celski, then again that Scarface song did bring back memories of being in eighth grade back 1991
//////////

JRF

« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2022, 04:29:10 AM »
This was never an official alternate music edit, but me and a buddy of mine as a joke dubbed “welcome to the jungle” and “mr.brownstone” by GnR to mike carrol’s part in the questionable video and it works so good. You have to start welcome to the jungle right when it shows mike and Henry sitting down next to the emb 7 and from there the song hits perfect with the part and then you start mr. Brownstone at the beginning of the line at emb where he does the manual kickflip out on the fountain curb. We nerded out on some stupid shit when we were 15 years old in 92z
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 02:18:40 PM by JRF »
//////////

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2022, 12:24:01 PM »
This was never an official alternate music edit, but me and a buddy of mine as a joke dubbed “welcome to the jungle” and “mr.brownstone” by GnR to mike carrol’s part in the questionable video and it works so good. You have to start welcome to the jungle right when it shows mike and Henry sitting down next to the emb 7 and from there the song hits perfect with the part and then you start mr. Brownstone at the beginning of the line at emb where he does the manual kickflip and the fountain curb. We nerded out on some stupid shit when we were 15 years old in 92z

Have you mentioned "Chaos" yet?   That one may take the cake for most versions.

JRF

« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2022, 02:13:09 PM »
Expand Quote
This was never an official alternate music edit, but me and a buddy of mine as a joke dubbed “welcome to the jungle” and “mr.brownstone” by GnR to mike carrol’s part in the questionable video and it works so good. You have to start welcome to the jungle right when it shows mike and Henry sitting down next to the emb 7 and from there the song hits perfect with the part and then you start mr. Brownstone at the beginning of the line at emb where he does the manual kickflip and the fountain curb. We nerded out on some stupid shit when we were 15 years old in 92z
[close]

Have you mentioned "Chaos" yet?   That one may take the cake for most versions.

The Powell video “chaos”? Haha! I think they made two, maybe three different versions of that video, all of which have a clip of me jumping of the roof of a friends house! So terrible, the original version had the only trick in my short part that I liked (fakie manual to fakie flip out) but they edited that clip out for some horrendous nollie backside 270 flip over a foot high skate camp hip, dosent matter that much, my footage was so embarrassing, switch 180 a gap to dead stop, tick-tak roll away. Rachman Chung’s  part in that video was seriously the best part in the video, even though it was only 5 tricks long. He had a lot more really good footage they could’ve used for that video that would’ve made people actually watch the video just for his part. Rachman was amazing, after his part in the powell “play” video world industries wanted to snatch him off of powell, but for some reason rachman wanted to stay loyal to powell, which didn’t do him a bit of good in the long run unfortunately.
//////////