Author Topic: Someone beat Jordan Richter to the punch  (Read 11003 times)

Space Cowboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 69
Re: Someone beat Jordan Richter to the punch
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2022, 04:00:49 PM »
Looks like Taylor Silverman is on es flow and Don Brown likes all her pics hah

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2022, 04:08:09 PM »
^Yikes. I was considering to get a pair of Accels for old time's sake but I am not buying so much as a fucking sticker from Sole Tech if that is true

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2022, 04:54:46 PM »
Don Brown has some pretty questionable social media behavior
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2022, 04:56:08 PM »
Don Brown has some pretty questionable social media behavior
I was getting emericas for a bit but was like nope back to Vans.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2022, 05:00:29 PM »
So Don Brown:

Is responsible for this?

Hahahahahaha
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2022, 05:07:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That'd be cool if Shiloh Catori was raised with enough sensibility, confidence, poise and understanding to keep pushing forward and not go whining to a bunch of right-wing talking head losers outside of our culture.

Like, if my 13 year old daughter placed second and went up to the winner and said, "Big ups," and dapped her up and then skated around with her for a while, I would be such a proud father. That's character.
[close]

did you catch her IG response? it was actually pretty rad and she just basically said "hey Ricci rips and it's cool that she won, please don't be mean to her on the internet on my account, i'm glad she took 1st."

def haven't seen any evidence of her going to any right-wing outlets at this point. i'm actually pretty impressed with her ability (as a 13 year-old) to respond compassionately here. Taylor Silverman getting shown up by a literal child, both on the board and off
[close]
Not to be too cynical but I'd have to think some parent or whatever had the idea to make the video/what to say. Not saying it's not how they feel anyway but just for sake of it assuming they did feel different you'd have to assume theyd at least of seen what went on with Silverman and don't want any of that dead end shit show for themselves.
[close]

i mean, sure, that's possible or maybe even probable, but i guess i just don't really care if the result is the same. taylor silverman has parents too and either they never told her to not be a bigoted whining asshole or she ignored them when they did lol
Honestly teenagers are smarter and more aware than they're often given credit for, so I'd like to believe that this her actual viewpoint. Regardless, her and whoever is in her corner are much more compassionate and less shitty than Silverman, a full grown woman.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2022, 06:30:50 PM »
Yeah, I give her (and her parents/team) big props.

This is, like, the illest, most mature outlook ever.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfUHgsng23C/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

cky enthusiast

« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2022, 06:57:34 PM »

sick dude. her family and team are high fiving that their daughter passed the EdLawndale civility test. it’s super normal to comment on a teenagers behavior as a grown man

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2022, 07:23:27 PM »
That'd be cool if Shiloh Catori was raised with enough sensibility, confidence, poise and understanding to keep pushing forward and not go whining to a bunch of right-wing talking head losers outside of our culture.

Like, if my 13 year old daughter placed second and went up to the winner and said, "Big ups," and dapped her up and then skated around with her for a while, I would be such a proud father. That's character.
The part in bold was a reference to Taylor Silverman who is an adult.

Just to clear this up. For those of us who aren't exactly Hooked on Phonics

dannyprovolone

« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2022, 07:28:47 PM »
pouring his heart out on slap for the culture

Mazzer

• Rep: -20
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2022, 07:56:19 PM »
I'm all for inclusion within reason.  Sport should not be so strict as in the past.  There is a way to bend the rules without breaking them and still have clear boundaries.  Cut your penis off.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:03:02 PM by Mazzer »

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2022, 03:52:05 AM »
don't care that she's trans, but why is a 29 year old entering a skate contest with a bunch of kids?  I'm sorry, but the contest scene is super weird and I think that is a real kook thing to do.
That's just how it works. Womens Street in the Olympics last year the top five was like teenagers, a 12 year old, and Alexis Sablone
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2022, 05:23:45 AM »

Where’d you see this? I just checked his insta and he doesn’t follow her or like her photos.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2022, 05:45:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Where’d you see this? I just checked his insta and he doesn’t follow her or like her photos.

He must have unliked them cuz I checked the other day and he definitely went through and liked a bunch of her posts.

as for the eS flow, no idea if that's true or that's just what she buys, but it wouldn't surprise me. Don seems like a total slimeball.

DERBY

• Rep: 226
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2022, 06:10:10 AM »
taylor silverman gives me right wing pseudo intellectual vibes. idk something about her rubs me the wrong way

Shuh

• Rep: 5
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2022, 06:40:59 AM »
taylor silverman gives me right wing pseudo intellectual vibes. idk something about her rubs me the wrong way

Wut?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2022, 07:06:15 AM »
I’d enter a contest rn if I knew where one was. Today is a bad day.

Fuck a 10 yro tho. Kids be kick turning to victory to long.

I’d be like

You babies got anything switch? Silver looks good on you son. Hey is that your dad foaming mad up on the very ramp? Mad huh? If you behave yourself maybe I’ll be your skate coach.

There’s no crying in skateboarding

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2022, 07:19:16 AM »
me too i cant quite put my finger on it

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2022, 08:39:59 AM »
People had no problem with the age gap when 12 year olds were regularly wiping the floor with 27 year old taylor silverman. Shes been skating as long as some of them have been alive and is still exclusively doing back boardslides. She should be grateful she doesn't have to compete with actually top tier skaters.

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 78
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2022, 09:10:41 AM »
just actually read the DailyMail piece on this, and I'm kind of shocked that Ricci would even agree to be interviewed by an outlet like that? they notoriously spew reactionary dribbel day in and day out and obviously this piece is no different, they were always going to cherrypick things she said and present them out of context to provide some rage fodder for the transphobes of the world. i can't imagine anything good has come from her doing that interview but maybe i'm wrong. hope she's doing okay through all of this, i'm sure it's really intense having so many people coming at you and probably sending really psycho messages. in the future i hope trans skaters that end up in this situation realize that talking to an outlet like DailyMail is going to be pretty harmful

Magnolia

• Rep: 412
  • She/They
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2022, 09:13:44 AM »
I'm all for inclusion within reason.  Sport should not be so strict as in the past.  There is a way to bend the rules without breaking them and still have clear boundaries.  Cut your penis off.
Here's a compromise: we cut YOUR penis off and then go on with our lives
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

Mazzer

• Rep: -20
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2022, 10:06:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Here's a compromise: we cut YOUR penis off and then go on with our lives

We're comin' for the precious performance enhancing balls.  Let's hit em'/them where it hurts

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -61
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2022, 10:25:14 AM »
I think the problem with that contest was age brackets, not sex or gender.
Someone skating for twenty years is in most cases going to have a bigger bag of tricks and a better skill set than someone who's skated for five years.
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2152
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2022, 11:09:06 AM »
I think the problem with that contest was age brackets, not sex or gender.
Someone skating for twenty years is in most cases going to have a bigger bag of tricks and a better skill set than someone who's skated for five years.
What you’re describing sounds more like an experience bracket though, dunnit?
What if I had just started skating in the last year or so, but was 25 years old?
Should I still be allowed to compete with a 14 year old with 6+ years of skating under their belt?
People still spraying shame at the athletes when they should be blaming the comp itself.
Except for that Silverman character, who’s out there tarnishing the reputation of skateboarding Taylors everywhere by marshaling all the worst sentiments of human nature & shepherding them to the doorway of (wait for it…) this thing of ours: that lady can go fall off a perilously high, rocky escarpment, or precipice for all I care.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2022, 12:07:38 PM »
Fuck a 10 yro individual with a vagina tho. Kids Girls been kick turning to victory too long.

I’d be like:

You babies Women got anything switch? Silver looks good on you son girl. Hey is that your dad child foaming mad up on the very ramp? Mad huh? If you behave yourself maybe I’ll be your skate coach.

Totally permissable
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2022, 01:19:26 PM »
I’d enter a contest rn if I knew where one was. Today is a bad day.

Fuck a 10 yro tho. Kids be kick turning to victory to long.

I’d be like

You babies got anything switch? Silver looks good on you son. Hey is that your dad foaming mad up on the very ramp? Mad huh? If you behave yourself maybe I’ll be your skate coach.

Preach on unc.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2022, 07:35:07 PM »
Yeah, I give her (and her parents/team) big props.

This is, like, the illest, most mature outlook ever.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfUHgsng23C/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
is this why Dollin is mad?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1044
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2022, 09:26:23 PM »

sick dude. her family and team are high fiving that their daughter passed the EdLawndale civility test. it’s super normal to comment on a teenagers behavior as a grown man

It’s abnormal to commend someone, regardless of their age, for being wise and not a piece of shit? You’re a fucking clown. Go polish your smooth brain

cky enthusiast

« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2022, 09:59:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It’s abnormal to commend someone, regardless of their age, for being wise and not a piece of shit? You’re a fucking clown. Go polish your smooth brain

read his original post- he was on some “man i hope the girl who got second was raised correctly and doesn’t pull a taylor silverman” and i’m making fun of him for caring about a teenagers actions as a grown adult. you dudes all seriously can’t read or something

cky enthusiast

« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2022, 10:02:22 PM »
actually whatever. i’m glad you guys got the closure you needed from the teenage runner up of the energy drink amateur skate competition and i’m definitely r_____d