Author Topic: Someone beat Jordan Richter to the punch  (Read 11095 times)

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

warmonke

• Rep: 43
Re: Someone beat Jordan Richter to the punch
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 07:35:01 AM »
https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/trans-athlete-faces-backlash-after-beating-girl-skateboarding-contest-20220627.amp.html
Jesus, quoting Tim Pool like he's actually an authority

A 29-year old battering a load of kids in a comp is pretty based tho

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 07:37:47 AM »

That’s what I’m saying. Those are some grown ass adults in that bracket.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 07:48:43 AM »
I would feel weird at 13, to be in a duel against a 29 year old

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 07:52:56 AM »

comments on this are a shitshow

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 585
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 07:58:51 AM »
The most offensive thing about all of this is that Taylor Silverman has been skating for 11 years.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 08:09:15 AM »
cant believe people getting so bent out of shape over a couple hundred bucks

i think the sad thing here too is it just hurts everyone when you partake in these kind "outrages"
you get all these closeted bigots come out the woodwork who just couldnt wait to pile on "go compete with men!"
even if you feel that way, i dont really see what value that adds to the problem we are facing as a human race with men and womens sports segregation and gender identity not being black and white. it is hard to be inclusive without sacrificing the integrity of the competition people are so concerned about. it just bums people out when you add that stuff on.

yeah this case does not seem fair to me either but i dont look at that as an opportunity to smash someone, moreso it just tells me there is a problem here and i really dont know what the best solution is, but i do have some ideas that would hopefully be inclusive and  not sacrifice the integrity.

then also the winner of the contest probably feels like shit over what is a couple hundred bucks - they could have done without im sure - woudl have been better than to face the army of e-tards that their social medias are likely polluted with now. also probably hurts them getting on some new / bigger sponsors because they dont want the smoke (hoping someone has some sort of empathy and continues to hook them up though)

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2022, 08:36:43 AM »

I chuckled at this.

But I guess, in the end, it's an AM contest and technically the 20-year olds are AMS.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022, 08:44:14 AM »
The big problem is all the smiling in the redbull post. No more smiling in skating.

Skateboarding falls at such an odd section of this argument because a lot of the time age has no factor in how you place, and gender doesn’t either, but I’m sure if she’d have known all her competitors were 10+ younger she’d have skipped this contest

Coldpizza

• Rep: 165
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2022, 08:53:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I chuckled at this.

But I guess, in the end, it's an AM contest and technically the 20-year olds are AMS.
Yeah this feels like the same conversation as Cab & a young girlfriend…
Like, you can do it, but should you? Hahah
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2022, 08:58:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I chuckled at this.

[close]

As long as it's legal, you do you.

Their life isn't my business.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2022, 09:01:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I chuckled at this.

[close]
[close]

As long as it's legal, you do you.

Their life isn't my business.

Ben Harper said it best:

my choice is what I choose to do
and if I'm causing no harm
it shouldn't bother you
your choice is who you choose to be
and if your causin' no harm
then you're alright with me

cky enthusiast

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2022, 09:06:24 AM »
more hard hitting womens amateur skateboarding coverage

IpathCats

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2022, 09:25:24 AM »

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2022, 09:34:35 AM »
The biggest problem I see here is age difference.   Regardless of gender identity its asinine a 12 year old is skating against a 29 year old. 

I don't pretend to know the break down of numbers goes as far as contestants but it looks lie 2 outlying late 20 year olds that just needed a spot?    Maybe,  just maybe,  don't have them skating against someone half their size. 

I also find it kinda lame we have non-professional skateboarders arguing over getting paid at an amateur (if that?) contest.   Dangling a couple hundred bucks as a marketing ploy to get people to drink that poison is beyond gross.  I think I read the second placer Shiloh was cordial with the results and who entered but I'm referring to the last shit show.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2022, 09:52:40 AM »
The biggest problem I see here is age difference.   Regardless of gender identity its asinine a 12 year old is skating against a 29 year old. 

I don't pretend to know the break down of numbers goes as far as contestants but it looks lie 2 outlying late 20 year olds that just needed a spot?    Maybe,  just maybe,  don't have them skating against someone half their size. 

I also find it kinda lame we have non-professional skateboarders arguing over getting paid at an amateur (if that?) contest.   Dangling a couple hundred bucks as a marketing ploy to get people to drink that poison is beyond gross.  I think I read the second placer Shiloh was cordial with the results and who entered but I'm referring to the last shit show.
A problem is as far as pros go in the women's it's basically the same thing of young teens vs older people but it's almost always going the other way. There would be almost no point splitting it into ages when ryassa and momiji etc are gonna win every time. I guess if the younger's are good enough they could qualify for the adults but then it's going to still end up all youngsters and just become divisions like soccer or something.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2022, 10:51:53 AM »
reading thru all of those bigoted comments on that insta post has me so fucking HOT! half of the people leaving comments have no ties to skating and the rest are the type of people you would see at the local park riding a darkstar/enjoi 7.5 board. would love to see footy from all the people talking shit

i just dont get why people care so much
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2022, 11:06:16 AM »
don't care that she's trans, but why is a 29 year old entering a skate contest with a bunch of kids?  I'm sorry, but the contest scene is super weird and I think that is a real kook thing to do. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2022, 11:06:55 AM »
I know im gonna get attacked for this, i didnt see the contest or anything but the fact is it isnt fair, end of story. All of this is just too new, so trans skaters/athletes/people in general dont yet have all the facilities or mass to have their own category. 

For example, if this chick rips itd be sick to see her and leo baker go at it.

Shes cute too.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2022, 11:13:26 AM »

i think the sad thing here too is it just hurts everyone when you partake in these kind "outrages"
you get all these closeted bigots come out the woodwork who just couldnt wait to pile on "go compete with men!"
even if you feel that way, i dont really see what value that adds to the problem we are facing as a human race with men and womens sports segregation and gender identity not being black and white. it is hard to be inclusive without sacrificing the integrity of the competition people are so concerned about. it just bums people out when you add that stuff on.

yeah this case does not seem fair to me either but i dont look at that as an opportunity to smash someone, moreso it just tells me there is a problem here and i really dont know what the best solution is, but i do have some ideas that would hopefully be inclusive and  not sacrifice the integrity.

then also the winner of the contest probably feels like shit over what is a couple hundred bucks - they could have done without im sure - woudl have been better than to face the army of e-tards that their social medias are likely polluted with now. also probably hurts them getting on some new / bigger sponsors because they dont want the smoke (hoping someone has some sort of empathy and continues to hook them up though)
This is definitely something that skateboarding as a whole is adjusting to, and I'm sure that by the next Olympics (which is Ricci's big goal, having failed the T-levels check for the first Olympics) we'll see a little more balance.

However, Ricci isn't doing herself any favors by continuing to deny that skateboarding isn't a physical sport, and that she doesn't have an advantage—despite training up until 2 years ago when she began hormone therapy:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10962155/Trans-skateboarder-29-defends-beating-young-girls-competition.html

In this exclusive interview, Ricci says, "The whole physical aspect of skateboarding isn't really there. It's really the skill level. Any kind of advantage you get is determined by… commitment and determination."

Sure, skating is skill, but the skill you've honed for years as a biological man doesn't necessarily diminish once you begin hormone therapy, does it?

Fuck it, I'm canceled.

Patrick2G

• Rep: -299
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2022, 11:18:35 AM »
don't care that she's trans, but why is a 29 year old entering a skate contest with a bunch of kids?  I'm sorry, but the contest scene is super weird and I think that is a real kook thing to do.

I think she also identifies as a 12 year old. Jk! Lol it’s all very confusing all over the place.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2022, 11:21:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That’s what I’m saying. Those are some grown ass adults in that bracket.

Ricci Tres looks like a college kid dressed as Rachel Dolezal for Halloween 😂

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2022, 11:24:40 AM »
Fuk didn't we just have a month of this "skateboarding is a physical sport" shit. The Olympics medalists were literal children so stick those thoughts up your ass.

Also while I do think there's something shitty about an adult skating with the children what are you gonna do? There's no age brackets and I'm assuming you make your way at some cost to a contest only to discover you're the oldest what do you do? Just not enter? Yeah maybe if it's a one off but of it's all points and rankings etc you're kinda stuck in the situation so gotta just roll with it

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2022, 11:30:57 AM »
Everybody slinging trash at this Ricci kid for competing against a child should take a moment to consider that it was the contest organizers that establish the categories under which competitors enter.
Had they designated a youth category & this woman had entered it as an adult, these critiques would have merit.
But blaming the competitor for how the completion was set up sounds… kinda dumb, maybe?
I mean: you sign up, pay your entry fee & wait until your turn to skate.
Some of y’all acting like this kid Ricci was personally hand selecting tiny, underdeveloped competitors to go up against.
There’s plenty of meat here for y’all to chew on: no need to pin the blame on the riders for the BOARDR’s decisions.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 06:51:13 AM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2022, 11:32:17 AM »
http://faslusf.com/
https://www.instagram.com/fasl.usf
https://www.instagram.com/rodneymead47

Lol of course rodney mead would say this hes your typical vert goblin boomer shithead

The fact of the matter this shit is a gold mine for views and engagement. Redbull can simply sit on their ass and just host these contests and post the content on all socials and the views will come in like a waterfall. It's all so easy, you'd have to be dumb not to cash in on tthis controversy at this point

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2022, 11:33:34 AM »
i simply would not enter an amateur skate contest at age 29, but that's just me.  only people I know that are still trying to enter contests, get sponsored, or "win the demo" (at that age) are grade-A kooks.  but i'm from a different era.  we're post olympics and i guess we gotta take skatepark kooks seriously now
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2022, 11:34:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
This is definitely something that skateboarding as a whole is adjusting to, and I'm sure that by the next Olympics (which is Ricci's big goal, having failed the T-levels check for the first Olympics) we'll see a little more balance.

However, Ricci isn't doing herself any favors by continuing to deny that skateboarding isn't a physical sport, and that she doesn't have an advantage—despite training up until 2 years ago when she began hormone therapy:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10962155/Trans-skateboarder-29-defends-beating-young-girls-competition.html

In this exclusive interview, Ricci says, "The whole physical aspect of skateboarding isn't really there. It's really the skill level. Any kind of advantage you get is determined by… commitment and determination."

Sure, skating is skill, but the skill you've honed for years as a biological man doesn't necessarily diminish once you begin hormone therapy, does it?

Fuck it, I'm canceled.

Science confirms the advantage biological males have, skaters just wanna be woke with their pseudoscience peddling mental deficiencies. People saying it doesn't matter for this or that reason are just flat out wrong. Of course it fucking matters, especially competing at the top levels of any sport.

I can't handle these threads. It's one thing to want to be inclusive and be for trans rights, but it's another thing entirely to deny scienctific facts. You're no better than bible thumping Christians denying climate change and flat earthers.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2022, 11:37:56 AM »
why dont we get someone who is actually trans to come up with an idea of what they think would be an inclusive middle ground?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2022, 11:42:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Fuck it, I'm canceled.
[close]

Science confirms the advantage biological males have, skaters just wanna be woke with their pseudoscience peddling mental deficiencies. People saying it doesn't matter for this or that reason are just flat out wrong. Of course it fucking matters, especially competing at the top levels of any sport.

I can't handle these threads. It's one thing to want to be inclusive and be for trans rights, but it's another thing entirely to deny scienctific facts. You're no better than bible thumping Christians denying climate change and flat earthers.
Maybe if the way a skate comp works was like a decathlon of physical challenges high Ollie, a race, most stairs Ollied etc it would matter but it's not so it doesn't. Currently the top women skaters in the world arent even adults( In fact barely even teenagers) so it obviously isn't an issue.