Author Topic: Someone beat Jordan Richter to the punch  (Read 11091 times)

Sick_McCrank_

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -484
Re: Someone beat Jordan Richter to the punch
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2022, 11:48:34 AM »
Oh it’s a redbull contest again. I see a pattern.
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2022, 11:49:34 AM »

However, Ricci isn't doing herself any favors by continuing to deny that skateboarding isn't a physical sport, and that she doesn't have an advantage—despite training up until 2 years ago when she began hormone therapy:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10962155/Trans-skateboarder-29-defends-beating-young-girls-competition.html

In this exclusive interview, Ricci says, "The whole physical aspect of skateboarding isn't really there. It's really the skill level. Any kind of advantage you get is determined by… commitment and determination."

Sure, skating is skill, but the skill you've honed for years as a biological man doesn't necessarily diminish once you begin hormone therapy, does it?

Fuck it, I'm canceled.

Wow, doing some real mental gymnastics her statement. Saying that skill has nothing to do with physical abilities? What the fuck.
Also she spent four years in the navy  ::)

Her winning against those children reminds me of this

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2550
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2022, 11:51:00 AM »
why dont we get someone who is actually trans to come up with an idea of what they think would be an inclusive middle ground?

My suspicion is that they don't want to find a middle ground. If they identify as women or men they want to be able to compete in their respective categories.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

somefucker

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2022, 11:58:46 AM »
why dont we get someone who is actually trans to come up with an idea of what they think would be an inclusive middle ground?

to further segregate?

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2022, 01:08:33 PM »
Everybody slinging trash at this Ricci kid for competing against a child should take a moment to consider that it was the contest organizers that establish the categories under which competitors enter.
Had they designated a youth category & this woman had entered it as an adult, these critiques would have merit.
But blaming the competitor for how the completion was set up sounds… kinda dumb, maybe?
I mean: you sign up, pay your entry fee & wait until your turn to skate.
This kid was hand selecting tiny, underdeveloped competitors to go up against.
There’s plenty of meat here for y’all to chew on. No need to pin the blame on the riders for the BOARDR’s decisions.
Yeah I highly doubt she thought "oh this comp is all children I could definitely win", much in the same way she probably didn't think "if I just change my gender I'll be able to win all the women's comps" as a lot of people like to imply about trans athletes

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 554
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2022, 01:10:52 PM »
Science confirms the advantage biological males have, skaters just wanna be woke with their pseudoscience peddling mental deficiencies. People saying it doesn't matter for this or that reason are just flat out wrong. Of course it fucking matters, especially competing at the top levels of any sport.

I can't handle these threads. It's one thing to want to be inclusive and be for trans rights, but it's another thing entirely to deny scienctific facts. You're no better than bible thumping Christians denying climate change and flat earthers.

Going through male puberty is a competitive advantage for nearly all sports, no matter what your testosterone levels happen to be afterward. I think that's pretty objectively true.

It's also true that I don't really give a shit. Sports are entertainment.

And this is also the single semi-acceptable issue that transphobes lock onto as a shorthand for hating transpeople in general. The people who are simply icked out and bigoted about everything related to transpeople will latch on this issue to give themselves cover to spew hate. Before you whine about transpeople in sport you ought to consider that.

It especially doesn't matter in skateboarding. Contests are whack anyways. If you're mad, you should quit. Neil Blender basically won all contests decades ago when he started spray painting something in the middle of his run.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2022, 01:12:27 PM »
Expand Quote

However, Ricci isn't doing herself any favors by continuing to deny that skateboarding isn't a physical sport, and that she doesn't have an advantage—despite training up until 2 years ago when she began hormone therapy:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10962155/Trans-skateboarder-29-defends-beating-young-girls-competition.html

In this exclusive interview, Ricci says, "The whole physical aspect of skateboarding isn't really there. It's really the skill level. Any kind of advantage you get is determined by… commitment and determination."

Sure, skating is skill, but the skill you've honed for years as a biological man doesn't necessarily diminish once you begin hormone therapy, does it?

Fuck it, I'm canceled.
[close]

Wow, doing some real mental gymnastics her statement. Saying that skill has nothing to do with physical abilities? What the fuck.
Also she spent four years in the navy  ::)

Her winning against those children reminds me of this

You can watch that Redbull Solus contest and see how she does- spoiler - her run is worse than most of the other women.

I think it matters to some degree but being stronger doesn’t make you automatically better or that Weckingball clown might have a real career.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2022, 01:18:38 PM »
when I was 12 I would have laid waste to all in this type of contest. I was on my 7th year of daily skateboarding. I knew all the current tricks on street and in transition. I had enough switch tricks for am ‘92 no problem.

I don’t care about gender. I don’t believe it’s a factor. I’ve taught all my cousins and everyone else who wanted to be down with skateboarding. They all progressed the same as me. They just wasn’t about it like me.

Girls didn’t stick with it because they had no one to identify with. Girls don’t skate! That’s some system shit.

Girls should go for it.

People should chill. Those kids didn’t get robbed.

also if you got a brand or a team who you going to invest in?
29 year old in 1st or the 12 year old who placed 2nd?

Duh no brainer.

Rn there should be kids going for it with reckless abandon to take up all the team spots. 

I should be a coach. I’ll end this shit. Give my kids all the medals. Guaranteed dynasty shit for the USA all genders with in 5 years

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Spectre

• Rep: -40
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2022, 01:36:26 PM »

comments on this are a shitshow

She did say "transition isn't my thing" and you know damn well people would run with that

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2022, 01:36:48 PM »
when I was 12 I would have laid waste to all in this type of contest. I was on my 7th year of daily skateboarding. I knew all the current tricks on street and in transition. I had enough switch tricks for am ‘92 no problem.

I don’t care about gender. I don’t believe it’s a factor. I’ve taught all my cousins and everyone else who wanted to be down with skateboarding. They all progressed the same as me. They just wasn’t about it like me.

Girls didn’t stick with it because they had no one to identify with. Girls don’t skate! That’s some system shit.

Girls should go for it.

People should chill. Those kids didn’t get robbed.

also if you got a brand or a team who you going to invest in?
29 year old in 1st or the 12 year old who placed 2nd?

Duh no brainer.

Rn there should be kids going for it with reckless abandon to take up all the team spots. 

I should be a coach. I’ll end this shit. Give my kids all the medals. Guaranteed dynasty shit for the USA all genders with in 5 years

Not to mention that the outrage for all of this is completely fake, the girl Shiloh Catori is on Insta being like "yeah i really dont care im in italy" so it's like who really gives a fuck besides names and numbers on social media

dannyprovolone

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2022, 01:45:58 PM »
the kids who entered have every right to be bummed about that. its not about money or that clown jordan richter.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2022, 01:54:11 PM »
the kids who entered have every right to be bummed about that. its not about money or that clown jordan richter.

Do you think they'd feel better about getting beat by a 29 year old if they knew they had a vagina? By doing an all ages contest you're already allowing a massive disparity of physicality as-is
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 02:14:49 PM by Theme For A Jackal »

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2022, 02:14:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you think they'd feel better about getting beat by a 29 year old if they knew they had a vagina?

I read it more like they have every right to be bummed about being beaten by a 29-year old. Not trans skater.

It's like that scene in Billy Madison where Adam Sandler pulverizing elementary school kids with a dodge ball.

Then again, someone up top made a good point. Those 12 year olds who got 2nd and 3rd have more of a future than the 29 year old.

nothingnatural

• Rep: 58
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2022, 02:15:16 PM »

ok, being trans i will offer the following solution: never have a skate contest ever again because contests are dumb and as someone already mentioned, neil blender showed us how seriously we should take them a long time ago.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -296
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2022, 02:26:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Jesus, quoting Tim Pool like he's actually an authority

A 29-year old battering a load of kids in a comp is pretty based tho
[close]

That’s what I’m saying. Those are some grown ass adults in that bracket.

A 29 year old no matter what gender / sex or any identity should have more integrity than to compete against literal 10 year olds. I’m not doubting that this was the only female division she could compete in on the day, but honestly as an adult surely you would just ask to be in the mens event (or any other division) that wasn’t against literal children.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2022, 03:50:17 PM »
Expand Quote
don't care that she's trans, but why is a 29 year old entering a skate contest with a bunch of kids?  I'm sorry, but the contest scene is super weird and I think that is a real kook thing to do.
[close]

I think she also identifies as a 12 year old. Jk! Lol it’s all very confusing all over the place.

Sounds like every skater I’ve ever known
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 09:58:28 PM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2022, 09:57:22 PM »
That'd be cool if Shiloh Catori was raised with enough sensibility, confidence, poise and understanding to keep pushing forward and not go whining to a bunch of right-wing talking head losers outside of our culture.

Like, if my 13 year old daughter placed second and went up to the winner and said, "Big ups," and dapped her up and then skated around with her for a while, I would be such a proud father. That's character.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2022, 11:07:16 PM »
Entering an amateur comp at 29 against a bunch of kids is def kook.  28 year old who came 4th must be super bummed.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2022, 11:34:39 PM »
Fuckin'A really?

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2022, 12:32:11 AM »
Fuckin'A really?

*plays video*

Guy: You know, when I was young, I remember competing in a Magic: The Gathering tournament...uh--

*stops video*
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

bugtown

• Rep: 47
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2022, 12:47:42 AM »
If you go onto his channel and go onto the videos tab you can scroll down through the depths of scum that constantly float to the surface. This man child sits in his gamer dungeon in front of a camera and rambles about cultural issues that are essentially just a rehash of white supremacist prosperity gospel natural order bullshit; a complete myth and abstract human invention.

He has 700 million views.

The tagline of his channel is News, Beards & Spicy Memes.

Now he's talking about an amateur skateboarding competition that no skateboarders even give a shit about. And he's getting paid.

Peirs fucking Morgan took a break from his conversation with Anne fucking Robinson to speak about the plights of competing female skateboarders. I wonder what he truly thinks about skateboarding.

At what stage do we pack it in? Is it even possible to unplug ourselves from this? Is it worth trans suicides?

I think skateboarding needs to become 100% anti-competition. I can't bear to have another culture warrior advance their death cult agenda on the back of skateboarding.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 797
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2022, 06:16:36 AM »
If you go onto his channel and go onto the videos tab you can scroll down through the depths of scum that constantly float to the surface. This man child sits in his gamer dungeon in front of a camera and rambles about cultural issues that are essentially just a rehash of white supremacist prosperity gospel natural order bullshit; a complete myth and abstract human invention.

He has 700 million views.

The tagline of his channel is News, Beards & Spicy Memes.

Now he's talking about an amateur skateboarding competition that no skateboarders even give a shit about. And he's getting paid.

Peirs fucking Morgan took a break from his conversation with Anne fucking Robinson to speak about the plights of competing female skateboarders. I wonder what he truly thinks about skateboarding.

At what stage do we pack it in? Is it even possible to unplug ourselves from this? Is it worth trans suicides?

I think skateboarding needs to become 100% anti-competition. I can't bear to have another culture warrior advance their death cult agenda on the back of skateboarding.

Competitions suck.

I feel bad for Ricci the amount of abuse is not worth the poxy 500 bucks. 

Frank and Fred

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2022, 07:40:25 AM »
Energy drinks suck. Competitions mostly suck.

Skateboarders could figure this out. The last thing we need is Pier Morgan and YouTube trolls dissecting things for us.

Give up Red Bull and buy a Unity T-shirt instead.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1431
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2022, 08:54:44 AM »
All these jock losers crying about "true competition" don't give a shit about women's skateboarding and they should go back to whatever jock bullshit they were into before they decided to selectively care about skateboarding again. Competitions are fucking stupid and no one should give a shit about them

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2022, 09:35:39 AM »
Uhhh... weren't you on the football team in high school?

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2022, 09:43:53 AM »
Nah, skate contests were sick pre-1995 and a huge part of our culture.

Slam City Jam, Back to the City, Muenster, Prague, Newburgh Contest, the Sub Zero contest at Love in ‘94, CASL, NSL, Tampa Pro and Am and the Savannah Slamma even.

If you watched 411, the contest sections were always fun to watch.

Things got wack after the first X Games in Rhode Island.

2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2022, 09:45:29 AM »
People only seem to care about the age gap when it's a trans person.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2022, 09:54:54 AM »
People only seem to care about the age gap when it's a trans person.
Right? There’s an age gap in pretty much every skate contest and that wasn’t controversial until this week

roastbeef

• Rep: -47
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2022, 10:23:27 AM »
on another note, I saw Ricci's entry in the Solus skate contest. She sucked compared to everyone else. Not sure why she was invited. Compare her to Eli Williams or Grayson, who walked into the park and landed every trick on the first go around of the park. Ricci fucked up every trick and then said "transition isn't my thing". It's not 2005 anymore, you are expected to be an all terrain as a pro skater.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 10:51:29 AM by roastbeef »

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 585
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2022, 10:47:40 AM »
Oh lord, don’t read the YouTube comments for her solus part.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.