Author Topic: Someone beat Jordan Richter to the punch  (Read 11005 times)

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
Re: Someone beat Jordan Richter to the punch
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2022, 10:22:32 PM »
actually whatever. i’m glad you guys got the closure you needed from the teenage runner up of the energy drink amateur skate competition and i’m definitely r_____d

Glad we could come to this consensus peacefully

Dwyck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2022, 01:08:11 PM »
I think the problem with that contest was age brackets, not sex or gender.
Someone skating for twenty years is in most cases going to have a bigger bag of tricks and a better skill set than someone who's skated for five years.

Again, a 12 year old beat Alexis Sablone at the Olympics last year.
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2022, 01:25:04 PM »
So Don Brown:

Is responsible for this?

Hahahahahaha

Whaaaaaaa!?!?!? Hahaha! Is this real?
//////////

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2022, 01:34:49 PM »
taylor silverman gives me right wing pseudo intellectual vibes. idk something about her rubs me the wrong way

Could it be the fact that silverman is a whiny little entitled brat that tried to involve a bunch of phobes to back her stupid cause of bitching about contest money and contest placing? This is a perfect example of “gate keeping” being a necessary option sometimes…I see that she refers to herself as a pro skateboarder, she might want to also refer to herself as a pro transphobe too. Silverman pro model on daily wire skateboards! Coming soon! Haha! Fucking Horrible….
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 03:18:41 PM by JRF »
//////////

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2022, 04:46:30 PM »
actually whatever. i’m glad you guys got the closure you needed from the teenage runner up of the energy drink amateur skate competition and i’m definitely r_____d
man why do you bring so much condescending negative energy here? i get that i'm not the most positive poster either but man i would never be rude to someone like ed. ed is forever goated after the xoflipxo saga. take a break man

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2022, 08:13:23 PM »
ed is forever goated after the xoflipxo saga. take a break man
Shit was absolutely All Time status.
Nutzo.
So glad I was there to watch it live.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

BRINK

• Rep: -934
  • User posts join approval queueModerated

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2022, 02:14:40 PM »
Has Redbull posted Shiloh's Solus run yet? I'd really love to see it. Also props to her for her outspoken solidarity with Ricci <3

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2022, 06:19:57 AM »
I think competitive sports should be reserved for people who identify as male or female, and nothing in between unless you are going to create a seperate category for that, OR clearly define the rules and just allow anyone to compete in any league they would like. so then people can just shut the fuck up about it and move on because i think it doesnt really affect anything if you did just allow it. i dont think a flood gate of trans male to female would start bodying womens sports.

People have brought up the fact that skateboarding is not like weight lifting or long jump in that you dont need extra muscles to do the tricks. Yet why is it that women, even in a non competitive environment, when given an unlimited amount of time, have never reached even close to the same level that men have in video parts?

There have been studies done to show that men are even better than women in competitive Scrabble. typically, women are much better than men are in literacy skilles, yet men are still able to dominate the tournament scene. it is because of the competitive nature that men have from savage apes, or at least that is the best hypothesis i have come to. if you think that mens and womens skateboarding level is comparable, you are only kidding yourself. i am not saying its not possible, but we are a long way away from that.

I do think at the end of the day, very few people would transition from male to female just to compete in an easier sports league, and also be successful. Even if their intentions were 100% genuine, I think those people will always deal with haters so long as the Male and Female categories remain in sports.
ONTARIO CANADA

Magnolia

• Rep: 412
  • She/They
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2022, 06:51:37 AM »
I think competitive sports should be reserved for people who identify as male or female, and nothing in between unless you are going to create a seperate category for that, OR clearly define the rules and just allow anyone to compete in any league they would like. so then people can just shut the fuck up about it and move on because i think it doesnt really affect anything if you did just allow it. i dont think a flood gate of trans male to female would start bodying womens sports.

People have brought up the fact that skateboarding is not like weight lifting or long jump in that you dont need extra muscles to do the tricks. Yet why is it that women, even in a non competitive environment, when given an unlimited amount of time, have never reached even close to the same level that men have in video parts?

There have been studies done to show that men are even better than women in competitive Scrabble. typically, women are much better than men are in literacy skilles, yet men are still able to dominate the tournament scene. it is because of the competitive nature that men have from savage apes, or at least that is the best hypothesis i have come to. if you think that mens and womens skateboarding level is comparable, you are only kidding yourself. i am not saying its not possible, but we are a long way away from that.

I do think at the end of the day, very few people would transition from male to female just to compete in an easier sports league, and also be successful. Even if their intentions were 100% genuine, I think those people will always deal with haters so long as the Male and Female categories remain in sports.
I really take issue with these middle paragraphs because I think these effects are more easily explained by social factors, not evolutionary ones. Women haven't had 'unlimited time' to skate at the same level as men, women's skating has only received really widespread support at the industry level in the last 15 years or so. It's been documented that women perform worse on tests/other scored tasks when they're being done in male-dominated environments and perform better in the presence of more women than men. Feeling like you're out of place/expected to perform worse than the men in a group negatively influences performance.
Skateboarding is just starting to reckon with how sexism plays out both in the industry and local scenes. Women that skate have to deal with misogyny from male skaters all the time, and that shit necessarily puts you on edge. When you're wondering if someone is gonna catcall or grope you at the park you can't be as focused on skating as you want to be. When I just skate with women, I don’t have to worry about any of that shit,  and I'm definitely more on my game.

what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2022, 06:58:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I really take issue with these middle paragraphs because I think these effects are more easily explained by social factors, not evolutionary ones. Women haven't had 'unlimited time' to skate at the same level as men, women's skating has only received really widespread support at the industry level in the last 15 years or so. It's been documented that women perform worse on tests/other scored tasks when they're being done in male-dominated environments and perform better in the presence of more women than men. Feeling like you're out of place/expected to perform worse than the men in a group negatively influences performance.
Skateboarding is just starting to reckon with how sexism plays out both in the industry and local scenes. Women that skate have to deal with misogyny from male skaters all the time, and that shit necessarily puts you on edge. When you're wondering if someone is gonna catcall or grope you at the park you can't be as focused on skating as you want to be. When I just skate with women, I don’t have to worry about any of that shit,  and I'm definitely more on my game.

not that i disagree with you on the social aspect being important, but the post before your is based on the idea that 'you don't need muscles to do the tricks' which is dumb as fuck. some level of physical strength is required to skate at a "high" standard. tiago has incredible timing, but if you transferred his mind into my athlete's nightmare of a body, he/me is not going to be getting up on shoulder high ledges in any stance, let alone switch.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2022, 07:32:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

you should have read the last sentence, i didnt say itw asnt possible ,i just said we are a long way  away from it. agree completely though and that is why we are seeing so many toddlers on women podiums right now
ONTARIO CANADA

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2022, 07:37:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

not that i disagree with you on the social aspect being important, but the post before your is based on the idea that 'you don't need muscles to do the tricks' which is dumb as fuck. some level of physical strength is required to skate at a "high" standard. tiago has incredible timing, but if you transferred his mind into my athlete's nightmare of a body, he/me is not going to be getting up on shoulder high ledges in any stance, let alone switch.
But the issue isn't can a standard female Ollie like tiago. Most males can't Ollie like tiago. Unless people are believing that top level male athletes are going to pretend to be female to beat females in skateboarding contests. There was just an Olympic qualifier yesterday you can pause at any time before someone gets onto any rail or ledge and the shit is mid shin height on a 12 year old girl. It was proved dozens of times all the females are plenty strong enough to skate the courses.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2022, 07:52:48 AM »
Tiago isnt even a good contest skater so he is a bad example. Its interesting that in skateboarding we actually have quantifiable events like SKATE and High Ollie contest, but we choose to latch on to "Style" for competitive skatebaording. and then ironically in street, the real athletes like reese forbes, tiago, tyshawn are typically celebrated.

lets look at Nigel. I dont think Nigel is particualrly atheltic to be honest. He just has an incredible sense of focus and timing imo. The only advantage I think he would have over the average woman is maybe he has is a thicker skull to survive some of those handrail beatings he has taken.

I think both evolutionary + societal factors play a part though. women have been playing tennis for like a hundred years and they are still pretty far away from men. that game does rely more on speed and strength though, but i think theres been a lot of "average" top player body types too. Even Serena who had a pretty optimal tennis body + upbringing had a hard time beating most men and flat out couldnt compete with the top.
ONTARIO CANADA

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2022, 01:24:50 PM »

Alexis Sablone

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #135 on: July 04, 2022, 03:08:44 PM »
I really have no idea what your stance is, @rawbertson . I guess somewhere in that soup there is an opinion, but I'm not sure if it comes before savage ape men dominating the scrabble circuit, or after that part.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #136 on: July 04, 2022, 03:24:51 PM »
Actually, one of the only examples I can think of where a woman successfully competed with men in the profession ranks is in downhill skateboarding.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm90HU0AvQI/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #137 on: July 04, 2022, 03:34:20 PM »
Tiago isnt even a good contest skater so he is a bad example. Its interesting that in skateboarding we actually have quantifiable events like SKATE and High Ollie contest, but we choose to latch on to "Style" for competitive skatebaording. and then ironically in street, the real athletes like reese forbes, tiago, tyshawn are typically celebrated.

lets look at Nigel. I dont think Nigel is particualrly atheltic to be honest. He just has an incredible sense of focus and timing imo. The only advantage I think he would have over the average woman is maybe he has is a thicker skull to survive some of those handrail beatings he has taken.

I think both evolutionary + societal factors play a part though. women have been playing tennis for like a hundred years and they are still pretty far away from men. that game does rely more on speed and strength though, but i think theres been a lot of "average" top player body types too. Even Serena who had a pretty optimal tennis body + upbringing had a hard time beating most men and flat out couldnt compete with the top.

...wait, excuse me, you think you're a scrable payer? Do you think you can win little lady? Do you think you can become a pro Scrabble player in an instant, as soon as you grow a cock'n'balls? Well, let me tell you how wrong you are, little girl. You can't just become a scrabble champ, you are BORN a scrabble champ. I grew up with my cock in one hand and my balls in the other. I have spent my entire adult life milking my prostate, as it is what I was meant to do as soon as I came out of the womb. I have faced discrimination and oppression worse than you could ever hope to experience. I have played, obsessed, raged over, and loved scrabble all my life, and if there's one thing that I know about Scrabble, it's that it is my RIGHT to be the BEST and should be treated as one. Sorry to break to you sweetie, but as far as I know, being a feeeemale is a complete joke, so get YOUR CASUAL NORMIE ASS OUT OF HERE RAWBIE!
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

dannyprovolone

« Reply #138 on: July 04, 2022, 05:04:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Alexis Sablone

she is great but you are only proving him to be correct

have you just not watched top mens skate contests lately? the level its at is goddamn ridiculous

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #139 on: July 04, 2022, 05:34:40 PM »
have you just not watched top mens skate contests lately?

Guilty as charged

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #140 on: July 04, 2022, 06:46:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Guilty as charged

Uh I saw Alexis kickflip fs 50 down a chest high hubba in the Olympics

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
« Reply #141 on: July 04, 2022, 06:47:06 PM »
I find it hard to call anyone else in skateboarding Shiloh.

https://youtu.be/QsMpPJBf4Q0

2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: July 04, 2022, 08:00:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Guilty as charged
[close]

Oh yeah, Alexis is sick as hell. I just meant I haven't watched any top men's competitions. Not my thing in the slightest...

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #143 on: July 04, 2022, 08:22:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Guilty as charged
[close]

[close]

Oh yeah, Alexis is sick as hell. I just meant I haven't watched any top men's competitions. Not my thing in the slightest...

@Urtripping  sorry my dude, I meant to quote Skippy Provolone

Waves

• Rep: -7
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2022, 08:18:51 PM »

The most well thought out and sensible post in the thread.

I really have no idea what your stance is, @rawbertson . I guess somewhere in that soup there is an opinion, but I'm not sure if it comes before savage ape men dominating the scrabble circuit, or after that part.

It is literally the first sentence in his post.

I watched some of this interview the other day, and I did not expect to hear this from Ricci.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-QxqTaxeQw&t=1424s

Would love to hear people's thoughts on this quote.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2022, 09:00:45 PM »

where’d you get your sociology degree, bootlick university?

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2022, 10:49:07 PM »
There have been studies done to show that men are even better than women in competitive Scrabble. typically, women are much better than men are in literacy skilles

Please provide your scrabble source.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Magnolia

• Rep: 412
  • She/They
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2022, 08:13:16 AM »
Expand Quote
There have been studies done to show that men are even better than women in competitive Scrabble. typically, women are much better than men are in literacy skilles
[close]

Please provide your scrabble source.
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch