Author Topic: ****BRONZE56K PREMIERED TEN YEARS AGO TODAY***** (VERY RARE) [240P]  (Read 5576 times)

CossRooper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image

CREDIT IS DUE TO PETER AND PAT FOR CREATING THE AESTHETIC STATEMENT OF OUR TIMES. A COUPLE OF DUDES FROM FOREST HILLS BEATING THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY OVER THE HEAD. SHIT JUST HAS NOT BEEN THE SAME SINCE.

CONGRATS AND THANK YOU FELLAS; STILL MY FAVORITE VIDEO OF ALL TIME. I NEVER ROCKED ANYTHING HARDER THAN THAT FIRST BRONZE B LOGO TEE I GOT AROUND THEN

CREDIT IS ALSO DUE TO THESE BOYS WITH AN HONORABLE MENTION TO @Pete FOR INJECTING NEW LIFE INTO THE BOARDS FROM 56K ONWARDS. FOR A COUPLE YEARS I COULD NOT WAIT TO LOGON HERE TO SEE WHAT KIND OF BRAZEN, DISRESPECTFUL, OR SHOCKING SHIT I WAS GONNA SEE.

BELOW IS SOME ARCHIVAL 56K CONTENT FROM THE VAULTS

ஜB R O N Z EஜஜB R O N Z EஜஜB R O N Z EஜஜB R O N Z EஜஜB R O N Z Eஜ$$$$$$
$$$ஜB R O N Z EஜஜB R O N Z EஜஜB R O N Z EஜஜB R O N Z EஜஜB R O N Z Eஜ$$$

whats palace? this is america online fool

[Tompkins VII] Powers/Gonyon.m4v

http://hellatrill.tumblr.com/

used to have way more shit on this, then deleted it all about 2 months to try to start it again

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
    • timecube avatar image
Re: ****BRONZE56K PREMIERED TEN YEARS AGO TODAY***** (VERY RARE) [240P]
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 09:03:31 PM »

YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE BOUTIQUE LO-FI IMAGE THAT PALACE IS SELLING TO YOU, AND THE FACT THAT I HAD TO SELL MY VX TO PAY RENT AND MY FRIENDS PARENTS OLD ASS CAMERA IS THE ONLY SHIT WE GOT. WE ARE JUST FILMING US DO FUN SHIT, WE ARE NOT SELLING ANYTHING OR TRYING TO PROVE ANYTHING THESE TRICKS WOULD HAVE BEEN DONE/WERE ALL PREVIOUSLY DONE JUST KICKING IT WITH NO CAMERAS. PALACE IS COOL BUT THEY AINT REALLY BOUT THAT LIFE. DIFFERENT SHIT MY MAN. THAT BEING SAID WE ALSO DONT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THE DUDE TALKING ABOUT TOMPKINS IS TALKING ABOUT. YOU MADE AN ACCOUNT JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT YOU ARE CLUELESS AS FUCK.  THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT GUYS I WILL EMAIL ALL OF YOU WITH DETAILS SOON. SHOUTS OUTS TO UNCLEBOBO REALLY FUCKING THIS WHOLE INTERNET SHIT UP DAILY. BUY BRONZE BOLTS THEY ARE REAL

I WAS WALKING MY MEAN ASS ROTTWEILERS THROUGH MCCARREN PARK THE OTHER DAY AND SAW THAT MCFEELY MOTHERFUCKER OLLIE OVER 2 GARBAGE CANS STANDING UP. 2! AND HE JUST FUCKING SKATED TO JUICEBAR AND GOT SOME FUCKING SMOOTHIE. IT WAS FUCKED UP AND REAL.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 09:27:45 PM by CossRooper »

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 09:54:15 PM »
Skaters are the some of the most brainwashed brand-conscious consumer pawns ever created by capitalism. Maybe just a hair less product fetishization and gullibility than sneakerheads.

And I don’t discount myself either. I’ve been sucked into some stupid shit too.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 10:08:51 PM »
****IF YOU DON'T FUCK WITH BRONZE56K YOU WHACK AS FUCK****

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 11:45:55 PM »

PREACH!!!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -216
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2022, 01:23:33 AM »
Still have my DVD copy with the 3 videos from 2012.

Bronze is dope.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2022, 03:45:23 AM »
Seems like it's all from a different world. Makes me smile.

WPG

• Rep: -4
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2022, 04:51:05 AM »

CREDIT IS DUE TO Ryan Mcguigan and Green Apple FOR CREATING THE AESTHETIC STATEMENT OF OUR TIMES. A COUPLE OF DUDES FROM Canada BEATING THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY OVER THE HEAD. SHIT JUST HAS NOT BEEN THE SAME SINCE.

Bronze copied Green Apples whole flow don't act like it's groundbreaking
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2022, 05:28:16 AM »
yeah this stuff wasn’t really groundbreaking at all, just 2010 era net art and popular tumblr aesthetics made into a skate brand

Sightunseen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2022, 05:34:48 AM »
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

dannyprovolone

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2022, 05:36:49 AM »
medium rare

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2022, 06:28:32 AM »
adhd compliant

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 286
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2022, 07:26:03 AM »
(clears throat) ahem ahem...

REAL TRAP SHIT

djoekr

• Rep: 313
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2022, 09:40:21 AM »
yeah this stuff wasn’t really groundbreaking at all, just 2010 era net art and popular tumblr aesthetics made into a skate brand

Yeah, kinda what I was thinking. Genuine question, what else besides using the Vaporwave/Seapunk aesthetic that was very popular around that time period has Bronze done that's so innovative? Not even hating, I think Bronze has carved a nice lane for themselves and I have a nostalgic spot in my heart for the vaporwave aesthetic. Just wondering if they really were that revolutionary as I wasn't skating or following skate media in 2012.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -216
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2022, 09:52:09 AM »
Bronze 56k radio has gotten me through many a long drive.

I’d say they pioneered the playlist as collateral in skateboarding with the regular releases.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2022, 10:17:34 AM »
Skaters are the some of the most brainwashed brand-conscious consumer pawns ever created by capitalism. Maybe just a hair less product fetishization and gullibility than sneakerheads.

And I don’t discount myself either. I’ve been sucked into some stupid shit too.

I RELATE TO A COUPLE DUDES FROM A NEIGHBORHOOD SKATING SPOTS IN THEIR CITY, FILMING IT, MAKING EACH OTHER LAUGH, AND NOT TAKING ANYTHING TOO SERIOUSLY. I RELATE TO IT SO MUCH THAT I THROW THEM BOYS A QUICK 40 BUCKS FOR A T SHIRT EVERY FEW YEARS

IF YOU CALL THAT GETTING BRAINWASHED THEN UH..... RESPECT TO YOU DR. CHOMSKY IT REALLY IS A BIG SWINDLE HUH. BUT THEN AGAIN WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING ON THESE MESSAGE BOARDS WHERE ALL WE HAVE BEEN DOING FOR 20 YEARS IS DISCUSSING SKATING AND THE COMPANIES/PRODUCTS/AESTHETICS AROUND IT

Scrotal_Recall

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2022, 10:29:47 AM »
Every succesfull skate company bit something external to communicate their angle. Excluding none.
Its not what you do its the way that you do it - and those first few Bronze vids where brilliant!

Funny, sad, stoned, elated, nostalia fuelled futurism. Dystopian celebration! Yesterday & tomorrow in the blink of an eye.

Like a funeral for a great friend.

Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, kinda what I was thinking. Genuine question, what else besides using the Vaporwave/Seapunk aesthetic that was very popular around that time period has Bronze done that's so innovative? Not even hating, I think Bronze has carved a nice lane for themselves and I have a nostalgic spot in my heart for the vaporwave aesthetic. Just wondering if they really were that revolutionary as I wasn't skating or following skate media in 2012.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2022, 10:49:10 AM »
i love bronze. every single video is sick. i hope this shit keeps going for another decade at least.

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2022, 10:55:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wouldnt say it was revolutionary but it was a sigh of relief from everything being released then.

2012 was kinda when Thrasher parts started becoming a thing, Pretty Sweet was released, Artsy HD filming was at its peak, SLS was blowing up, people preferred Cali over east coast skating.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 112
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2022, 11:00:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I wouldnt say it was revolutionary but it was a sigh of relief from everything being released then.

2012 was kinda when Thrasher parts started becoming a thing, Pretty Sweet was released, Artsy HD filming was at its peak, SLS was blowing up, people preferred Cali over east coast skating.

god what a nightmare

cky enthusiast

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2022, 11:47:18 AM »
@Pete chadie boys :)

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -99
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2022, 12:12:05 PM »
I wonder if Bronze saw this.  Not totally the same but this predates Bronze and there are obvious similarities.

Really this is just an excuse to post Dan Plunkett absolutely killing it though.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1270
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2022, 12:33:46 PM »
damn son
whered you find this?

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2022, 03:02:13 PM »
word on the street is the dude who filmed krooked's gnar gnar video thinks bronze kinda ripped his shit off

gnar gnar WAS a bit earlier on the vhs look but it didn't have all the extra deepfried accoutrements

so anyway who gives a fuck about what came first, all the bronze vids are solid

WPG

• Rep: -4
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2022, 03:14:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

CREDIT IS DUE TO Ryan Mcguigan and Green Apple FOR CREATING THE AESTHETIC STATEMENT OF OUR TIMES. A COUPLE OF DUDES FROM Canada BEATING THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY OVER THE HEAD. SHIT JUST HAS NOT BEEN THE SAME SINCE.

[close]

Bronze copied Green Apples whole flow don't act like it's groundbreaking
[close]
peter's been very vocal about the impact green apple had on his editing style (i think he's said something to the effect that "he totally ripped them off") but it's disingenuous to ascribe all of bronze's success on "a couple of dudes from canada," as if bronze didn't put their own spin on the aesthetic

Didn't mean to derail the thread just wanted to give love to a local shop. I'm gonna rewatch this video and Crack open some cold ones tonight, heres to another 10
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

djoekr

• Rep: 313
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2022, 03:29:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That makes sense, thanks for clarifying!
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2022, 07:59:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Probably the only thing that raises my interest in skateboarding nowadays, when bronze puts out a new video.
//////////

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1078
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2022, 08:09:56 PM »
word on the street is the dude who filmed krooked's gnar gnar video thinks bronze kinda ripped his shit off

gnar gnar WAS a bit earlier on the vhs look but it didn't have all the extra deepfried accoutrements

so anyway who gives a fuck about what came first, all the bronze vids are solid

Magnums is what I fit…

pro club blanks

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2022, 08:25:47 PM »
Coke boys baby

Spectre

• Rep: -40
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2022, 09:10:24 PM »
Favorite video of their is and always will be solo jazz