Author Topic: Trick Price Tier  (Read 2677 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
Re: Trick Price Tier
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2022, 01:15:17 AM »
An Ollie should be really expensive like a high quality knife or pan. And if someone who doesn't skate asks how much it was when you tell them they'll think you're a dickhead but you'll be trying to explain how much you use and how it makes all the difference vs a cheap boneless or early grab you get from Kmart.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1561
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2022, 03:51:29 AM »
An Ollie should be really expensive like a high quality knife or pan. And if someone who doesn't skate asks how much it was when you tell them they'll think you're a dickhead but you'll be trying to explain how much you use and how it makes all the difference vs a cheap boneless or early grab you get from Kmart.

I’d cut a blank check to Ollie like donger.

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 43
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2022, 03:54:17 PM »
Daaamn this is interesting...
Because it does down to: what if you could buy that amazing exhilaration/relief you get when you land a trick for the first time? That's a helluva drug.
Right now, of course, you can't buy it with money.
You buy it with HOURS of your LIFE.
I wouldn't give up a single one of those hours. Not one try. Pay me for my slams!
But what if the devil said, "Hey old man. Five dollars for one kickflip. You've never landed one. Maybe it'll give you a clue how the trick works...?"
I'd probably do it.
When I landed one on my own, would it still matter? Would the feeling still be there?
What if I NEVER landed one?

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2022, 12:28:44 AM »
Anyone want my varial flips to dead stop in my driveway circa 2002?  They’re on sale… yours for only $0.02.

Sold! Seriously though, that trick is damn hard to make look good.
//////////

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2022, 12:32:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’d cut a blank check to Ollie like donger.

This, times a 1000! To be able to blast waist high Ollies like nothing, on flat, would be such a great feeling.. donger’s height and huffnagel’s posture would be the perfect package and worth a shit ton of money…that’d be “file for bankruptcy after draining your life savings” worthy..
//////////

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65231
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2022, 05:23:09 AM »
I would like to know how a 540 on a regular sized vert ramp feels, no mega sized ramp.

Kind of like I would like to try herion some day but only on my death bed, preferably a little bit sooner.

I would pay $ 1000 to have McTwists on lock.

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2022, 05:28:14 AM »
I'd like to be able to backside noseblunt a rail, I'd pay up to 10k.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2022, 08:51:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone want my varial flips to dead stop in my driveway circa 2002?  They’re on sale… yours for only $0.02.
[close]

Sold! Seriously though, that trick is damn hard to make look good.

Yeah, mine were so gross that I haven’t done one in almost 20 years.  I thought I was getting crazy tech at the time though, haha.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -75
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2022, 08:58:23 AM »
I'd throw down $2,500 for a consistently good 360 flip.

I mean, I can 360 flip, but if you averaged it out I probably land about 1 out of 3.
It's scary to throw them in lines when I know I've only got around 33% chance at landing it.
They could look better too, sometimes I struggle to pop them very high.

I couldn't even estimate how many I've tried, gotta be in the tens of thousands of attempts so I think I'm probably about as good as I'll ever be at them.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2022, 09:51:21 AM »
real 'probably-taking-the-premise-a-bit-too-seriously' answer: paying to be able to do a trick would (almost) completely kill the joy of it. if you knew you were guaranteed to do it, it'd just be like doing a shuv or something.

fun 'joining-in-the-bants' answer: i'd pay thirty quid for a nice, floaty switch fs pop shuv. 

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -75
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2022, 10:25:41 AM »
real 'probably-taking-the-premise-a-bit-too-seriously' answer: paying to be able to do a trick would (almost) completely kill the joy of it. if you knew you were guaranteed to do it, it'd just be like doing a shuv or something.

I agree, that's why I picked 360 flip. I put in the hours (too many hours), I can do them.
I got to feel the rush of landing my first one after hundreds, probably thousands of attempts.
I just want them to be better now. Higher and more consistent.

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2022, 11:04:15 AM »
Dolphin flips.  Free 99.

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -306
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2022, 12:44:23 PM »
I’d trade all my tricks to switch back rail any obstacle, every try.