Author Topic: Italians hate Nigel  (Read 7582 times)

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
Italians hate Nigel
« on: July 03, 2022, 01:43:11 PM »
The contest that just went down, aurilan was clearly underscored on his last trick crowd booed and chanted his name during the us National anthem was hilarious

dannyprovolone

Re: Italians hate Nigel
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 01:45:12 PM »
nigels tricks were harder he deserved the win

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 01:51:00 PM »
never got the 'nigel' joke.

am i missing something?

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 576
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 02:02:16 PM »

am i missing something?

I think it's autocorrect like Berrics > Berries

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2022, 02:03:47 PM »
I know it's way to late to dial back on comps and Olympics and all the rest but is there a way skateboarding can at least not do national anthems? I haven't watched it yet but I'm assuming if there's national anthems there's also people draping flags over themselves like a cape which is another thing I think skateboarding can do without.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2022, 02:07:50 PM »
It’s bc of NyJAHs obvious connection to Selassie of course

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1218
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2022, 02:12:12 PM »
Just another example of their ancient and perpetual hatred of butt doilies. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

bohemian

• Rep: -303
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2022, 02:31:29 PM »
Judges was so bad this contest it was borderline a crime

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2022, 02:52:46 PM »
Expand Quote

am i missing something?
[close]

Craigtap
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 55
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2022, 04:10:43 PM »
I know it's way to late to dial back on comps and Olympics and all the rest but is there a way skateboarding can at least not do national anthems? I haven't watched it yet but I'm assuming if there's national anthems there's also people draping flags over themselves like a cape which is another thing I think skateboarding can do without.

Absolutely agree. Skateboarding is the opposite of nationalism, which is about as conformist as human ideologies can be. ' you were born in this patch of turf, that makes you (insert nationality). These are your definonf characteristics and personality traits. Other people born on the same patch deserve your loyalty. When you win at games, you are doing it for these people you have not met draped in a flag also planted during invasions and regime change operations. Those who weren't born on the same patch as you deserve your suspicion and hostility. Oh, and he's a gun in case we ask you to shoot people based on the patch where they were born.'. so hellride

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2022, 04:16:47 PM »
Judges was so bad this contest it was borderline a crime

Yeah really really bad there needs to be some meeting with all the world skate judges to explain to them that if you don’t hit a rail or hubba your still able to do a difficult trick all stair set tricks have been getting criminals underscored at tiger comps

rukes

• Rep: 214
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2022, 04:17:21 PM »
You should have to align yourself to a 'style' rather than a country, so like 'Hellride' or 'Tech' or 'ParkDog' or 'Flatground Flippitty Flopper' and then they play the song assigned to that style when you win.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2022, 04:40:42 PM »
skipping through right now... Dude got a 92 basically for fucking up. He was trying a tre nose grind but slid into a weird noseblunt but got scored like that was what he was trying. Still impressive but not executed properly. idk

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2022, 05:00:30 PM »
It’s bc of NyJAHs obvious connection to Selassie of course
Gnarred
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2022, 05:14:08 PM »
If you’re not grinding something you’re getting underscored.

Letsfilmavideo

• Rep: 16
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2022, 05:21:41 PM »

am i missing something?
I always got one of my boys holdin a jar of leak and a fat blunt, so as soon as i land the trick we gettin wet you know?

bigolboii

• Rep: -11
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2022, 05:41:53 PM »
Some of the judging was questionable on certain tricks, but I think Nyjah deserved it over frenchy. Felt like Mauro was judged the worst from what I could tell

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2022, 06:20:07 PM »

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2022, 07:06:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Lol oh yeah definatly the same thing....

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2022, 09:29:07 PM »
It’s bc of NyJAHs obvious connection to Sicily of course

it always comes down to this, apparently

TheWineClub

• Rep: 41
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2022, 10:14:12 PM »
Americans also hate Nigel

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 489
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2022, 11:12:55 PM »
young romans dance differently than the others...

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1925
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2022, 11:26:33 PM »
Expand Quote

am i missing something?
[close]

Crail > Craig
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2022, 12:50:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

am i missing something?
[close]

[close]

Crail > Craig

lol, ok. that's waaay less sinister than what my snowflake mind was thinking.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2022, 12:55:19 AM »
Nyjah deserved this. No one was doing his tricks or anything more difficult. Good for him. Congratulations

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2022, 12:56:23 AM »

For the mainstream audience/ population, Skateboarding being include in the Olympics legitimizes it as a sport, and will be treated like every other Olympic sport. There will always be national anthems in these sanctioned events.

Also, not trying to harp or be a dick by any means, but what ever happened to watching/ listening/ researching something before making a statement? "I haven't watched it yet BUT I'M SURE....."

HeapsCool

• Rep: -171
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2022, 01:20:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Absolutely agree. Skateboarding is the opposite of nationalism, which is about as conformist as human ideologies can be. ' you were born in this patch of turf, that makes you (insert nationality). These are your definonf characteristics and personality traits. Other people born on the same patch deserve your loyalty. When you win at games, you are doing it for these people you have not met draped in a flag also planted during invasions and regime change operations. Those who weren't born on the same patch as you deserve your suspicion and hostility. Oh, and he's a gun in case we ask you to shoot people based on the patch where they were born.'. so hellride

Bullshit. Skateboarding is as close to a perfect soft power instrument, a kind of cultural imperialism, as America could possibly have. Young men in Plazas throughout the world wearing baseball caps and reading thrasher magazines. The CIA says thank you.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2022, 01:31:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For the mainstream audience/ population, Skateboarding being include in the Olympics legitimizes it as a sport, and will be treated like every other Olympic sport. There will always be national anthems in these sanctioned events.

Also, not trying to harp or be a dick by any means, but what ever happened to watching/ listening/ researching something before making a statement? "I haven't watched it yet BUT I'M SURE....."
Seen enough comps in recent years where they rush to the crowd to grab a flag cape it felt like a safe enough call to make.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2022, 02:11:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Seen enough comps in recent years where they rush to the crowd to grab a flag cape it felt like a safe enough call to make.

I totally get that and it's a fair assumption. I guess what I'm getting at is, outside of this particular situation we're talking about, this line of thinking can lend itself to a lot of misplaced energy, and ultimately, unnecessary hate.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2022, 07:30:33 AM »
i know it was a circusy trick but the judges couldnt find it in their hearts to score the man 1 extra point to put nigel on blast to make him deliver for 1 final trick? not only is that a disrespect to the skater but it was a complete disrespect to the fans watching it. clown ass bitches