Author Topic: Braden Hoban pro for Toy Machine  (Read 6415 times)

Stu Pickles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 115
Re: Braden Hoban pro for Toy Machine
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2022, 10:05:02 PM »
guy rips, no question hes more than good enough, could be the next big thing

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 821
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2022, 11:24:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Finally?   This is Daan/Foy levels quick, no?   Not that it’s undeserved by any means
[close]

It's relatively quick, yeah. I figured he'd be pro in another year or so. When an am is pretty hot they get turned pro fast, same thing happened with Darrell Stanton and Ramondetta back in the day for example.
[close]

And also with his kind of skating I think it makes sense for a brand to turn him, and other skaters like him, pro earlier, while they're in their prime. With the importance of being "pro as fuck" for a board not nearly what it once was, there's little sense in letting what would otherwise be a highly marketable pro waste their time as an am so they can "pay their dues".
[close]
agreed and his sponsors lose risk of him going the austin stephens/jeremy leabres route being a big handrail/hucker type of skateboarder. not that those guys ever put out what i thought was bad footage or anything, they just turned pro right after putting out heavy parts in their prime and then got hurt & slowly lost the ability to skate the way they had been prior to that. the caliber of shit he’s doing along with the risk only make sense for him to have a board already, well deserved in my eyes.
[close]

Not to mention Axel who just kinda went under the radar after going pro/switching to vans euro

I’m happy for the guy especially after bs noseblunting then kickflip bs noseblunting that UCI ledge.  That was a trick that lived in my mind for 20 years and I’m glad someone did it the way I was picturing after Jake Hayes did it, but kinda had too much pop for it to live up to what I thought it should look like
[close]

He's been hanging with Chris Gregson a lot which means I hope he's stacking footage for either a Thunder and/or Spitfire part. Been waiting for it since he switched over to them.

Hes probably one of if not the most in-demand filmer these days so it could be for like anything. I see that dude everywhere now, hell I saw a clip of him filming David Gonzalez recently.

Gregson is a fucking beast who can skate anything too, his blood wizard parts are always awesome and it makes me kinda sad that no one seemed to care until he ollied a channel filming Tony Hawk.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1142
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2022, 12:08:24 AM »
Congrats to Braden
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2022, 12:52:25 AM »
That's the graphic you're giving the guy that might single handedly keep your company relevant in the future? I hope there's some reasoning behind it and at least he likes it

Chris Partlow

• Rep: 1
  • dont worry boss i got you covered, quick and clean
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2022, 01:04:46 AM »
Calling it right now.  July 5th.  Soty.  Not because I like him more than Louie or anyone in particular, I just have a feeling Thrasher’s gonna give it to someone gnar after Suciu and this guy is leading the pack.

Gotta agree that he’s the front runner. I’d love to see a dude with Emericas on win soty. It’s July and he’s had 2-3 parts, kick flip back nose blunt uci. First place in the hubba hideout contest. I think if he did get it emerica would get a huge bump up amongst consumers and hopefully they pay him so he doesn’t jump to one of the big 4. (Are Nike and cons considered the same, Nike does own cons) anyways. He’s got my vote.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 594
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2022, 01:35:32 AM »
Hell yeah I'm stoked. Dude is so gnarly.

OwlGreen

• Rep: -128
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2022, 05:24:04 AM »
I would say Louie and Hoban have roughly even odds right now. I think it comes down to who puts out the more significant video parts. I just saw the UCI kfbsnbs. It was unbelievably proper. Was it in a real part? The clip I saw wasn't. Given the emphasis on rail and hubba tricks in SLS and the Olympics, I guess Hoban is the favorite to win all of those contests now. Hoban skates like a videogame character. After such a perfect kfbsnbs, everything left to do at the UCI hubba is kind of a one-down. Someone could do it switch, but I think it wouldn't be any sicker. Maybe cab flip bsnbs, but that's just a less beautiful trick. Someone goofy could do a nollie 360 ollie kickflip switch backside noseblunt slide. That'd be one of only a very few ways to one-up Hoban on that spot. Kickflip to bluntslide the other side, like the Darrell Stanton way, would be sick, but still not really a one-up. Plus I think only Hoban could do it. I'd like to see him do a kickflip frontside noseblunt slide on the Long Beach hubba. Ah, bs 360 ollie kickflip fs noseblunt slide at Long Beach.  This would be a challenge I'm sure, but I bet he could do it.
I can't remember someone coming out of the gate so hard since Penny.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2022, 07:23:40 AM »
I'm stoked for him, probably the best Toy rider since Romero

bo bice

• Rep: 92
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2022, 08:40:07 AM »
putting eyes over the nipples on the “censored” version is… weird

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2022, 08:46:02 AM »
"Finally" lulz! Just found out about this dude at the Hubba contest. Stoked for him! The graphic is dope! Havn't been stoked on a Toy graphic in years! Even if it does have the bummer high vibes.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2022, 08:50:03 AM »
tasteful hogans on those hobans

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2022, 08:50:42 AM »
great skater, whack graphic

fucking toy machine man

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2022, 08:51:28 AM »
Wasn't he the guy who absolutely murdered it, when they did that reconstruction of Hubba-contest? Congrats to him! He's a real talent :)

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 758
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2022, 09:05:19 AM »
I would say Louie and Hoban have roughly even odds right now. I think it comes down to who puts out the more significant video parts. I just saw the UCI kfbsnbs. It was unbelievably proper. Was it in a real part? The clip I saw wasn't. Given the emphasis on rail and hubba tricks in SLS and the Olympics, I guess Hoban is the favorite to win all of those contests now. Hoban skates like a videogame character. After such a perfect kfbsnbs, everything left to do at the UCI hubba is kind of a one-down. Someone could do it switch, but I think it wouldn't be any sicker. Maybe cab flip bsnbs, but that's just a less beautiful trick. Someone goofy could do a nollie 360 ollie kickflip switch backside noseblunt slide. That'd be one of only a very few ways to one-up Hoban on that spot. Kickflip to bluntslide the other side, like the Darrell Stanton way, would be sick, but still not really a one-up. Plus I think only Hoban could do it. I'd like to see him do a kickflip frontside noseblunt slide on the Long Beach hubba. Ah, bs 360 ollie kickflip fs noseblunt slide at Long Beach.  This would be a challenge I'm sure, but I bet he could do it.
I can't remember someone coming out of the gate so hard since Penny.

Are you okay
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 492
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2022, 09:30:03 AM »
well deserved but big yikes on that graphic

IpathCats

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2022, 10:00:02 AM »
Dude is a machine, I'll be surprised if he stays on Toy. Assuming he keeps improving and putting out footy, he's gonna be one of the top dudes in the next few years.

JohnnyBoy

• Rep: 7
    • Fat Skater avatar image
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2022, 10:01:41 AM »
Guy is unreal but its almost boring how easy it looks for him. Definitely makes sense to turn him pro, seems like he can just show up to anything and kill it. That show he put on at the hubba hideout competition was scary good. Im scared boys

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2022, 10:11:05 AM »
Something about his face layout makes it so that I will never be able to recognize him no matter how many pictures I've seen. I think he has NPC face. Anyways, well deserved.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2022, 10:12:05 AM »
inexplicable first graphic vibes

IpathCats

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2022, 10:18:16 AM »
Guy is unreal but its almost boring how easy it looks for him. Definitely makes sense to turn him pro, seems like he can just show up to anything and kill it. That show he put on at the hubba hideout competition was scary good. Im scared boys

me too man, me too

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 12
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2022, 12:04:22 PM »
Smart for Ed to not sleep on turning him pro. Someone bigger could have snagged him up real quick.

WPG

• Rep: -4
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2022, 12:09:46 PM »
WTF Is going on with her abdomen/ribs graphic is disgusting looking.
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2022, 12:17:42 PM »
I'm not clear on why no one likes the graphic. It's a million times better than Dashawn's or any other Toy graphic that's came out in the last 10+ years from them.  Its classic Ed artwork. Its edgy and comes in two versions. Should sell tons.
 Hell ,everyone loves Randy Colvin's World deck. If it was art by McKee or Cliver eveyone would be all over it, no? I am looking at it from a collection prescriptive. I don't think I'd show up to my local skating one. That I get.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2022, 12:28:36 PM »
I'm not clear on why no one likes the graphic. Its edgy
Boobs are so edgy. Really testing boundaries with artwork.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 558
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2022, 12:37:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Boobs are not edgy. They are round. And soft. And supple.

Rubix cubes are edgy.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 821
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2022, 01:06:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

We are talking about a guy who thinks taking pictures of drunk people's cocks is high art here, but anyone who's surprised by this graphic hasn't been paying attention to Toy for a long time.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 215
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2022, 07:48:59 PM »
Ed is not doing himself any favors by putting out that particular graphic at a time when there’s a lot of criticism of him being obsessed with photographing young girls.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

WPG

• Rep: -4
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2022, 08:29:56 PM »
Ed is not doing himself any favors by putting out that particular graphic at a time when there’s a lot of criticism of him being obsessed with photographing young girls.

I know he's a legend but he gives me similar vibes to J Klein. Ed is Obsessed with teens sunbathing on the beach, Klein is obsessed with explicit cartoon images of Japanese girls of questionable ages. Both had a couple too many hits to the head

Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1602
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2022, 08:43:28 PM »
His mom is hella old…

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2022, 09:57:08 PM »
well deserved, hes the opposite of how dylan jaeb kinda fizzled. pretty shit graphic though