Author Topic: Dollin has spoken  (Read 14756 times)

S.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
Re: Dollin has spoken
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2022, 01:32:39 AM »
Anyone wanna touch on the fact that the dude has been on a low alcohol intake (e.g., a beer a day) for a few years now, and holds down a full time job, or will that fuck the narrative up too much?

Not negating him being a dong, but blaming it on piling out alone is a cop out on its own.

He also goes to the gym a lot and is a real athlete (according to him).

Seriously though, what’s his full time job?

He still goes on a lot of European tours of various brands. He had a nice trick (no baker maker!) in a vans tour clip that was released yesterday. The trick is at 2:38, but the whole clip is really good, actually.

https://youtu.be/PCqp971b8nA

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2022, 02:44:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone wanna touch on the fact that the dude has been on a low alcohol intake (e.g., a beer a day) for a few years now, and holds down a full time job, or will that fuck the narrative up too much?

Not negating him being a dong, but blaming it on piling out alone is a cop out on its own.
[close]

He still goes on a lot of European tours of various brands. He had a nice trick (no baker maker!) in a vans tour clip that was released yesterday. The trick is at 2:38, but the whole clip is really good, actually.

Isn't he TM for Vans Europe or something?

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2022, 02:54:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That would explain the 'one trick per tour video' thing he's had going on for a while now

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2022, 03:24:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

That would explain the 'one trick per tour video' thing he's had going on for a while now
I know he prefers to land to fakie so I get choice of 180 over ollie but after however many crazy knee surgeries the last thing I'd want to do is take a head high drop into a head high bank

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 596
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2022, 03:33:52 AM »
Props to all the filmers for never missing that one beer a day

Vans Euro TM is Chris Pfanner iirc

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2022, 04:51:05 AM »
His one beer a day gets more documentation than his one ollie a day.
p-shuvs and v-flips

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -458
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2022, 06:28:09 AM »
So much Fucking dollin slander. Dude paid his dues and then some. Pretty sure he runs/owns in some capacity an Australian distro. And he’s right, skateboarding should be gatekept from kooks.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

dannyprovolone

« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2022, 06:37:50 AM »
well it cant be easy to mature when you are a pretend alcoholic with a pretend 'crew' used to sell skateboards

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 126
« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2022, 07:35:31 AM »
you guys are so over the ladder.
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2022, 07:41:37 AM »
So much Fucking dollin slander. Dude paid his dues and then some. Pretty sure he runs/owns in some capacity an Australian distro. And he’s right, skateboarding should be gatekept from kooks.
He’s one of the kooks

nevrwasben

« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2022, 08:22:48 AM »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1923
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2022, 06:25:40 PM »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Waves

• Rep: -7
« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2022, 07:01:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
why the hell does he act likes ever been NEAR the front of the van?
[close]
Too upriver.

All jokes aside, I agree with him.
[close]

We really do all know what he's saying or at least if you've been doing this long enough. At the same time whining about it makes you just look dumb. You gotta be like Melvin in Baby boy where he just responds with an "Ah, youngsta."

Then puts him in a head lock and calls him a scared chocolate bitch.

lmao, this is pretty much spot on. You don't wanna be that 'old guy yelling at clouds', but he's not wrong. It doesn't help that he's being vague.

Dustin dollin looks like he was born with fetal alcohol syndrome

This wouldn't surprise me at all. It was a long time ago that I watched him on the nine club, but pretty sure he talked about being in pubs as an infant, 'pub culture', his mother having random guys around, general shit like that. And as people have said already, the drinking culture over there is no joke.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #103 on: July 07, 2022, 07:15:12 PM »
Expand Quote
nostalgia for bullying
[close]

This is a good, succinct way of putting it. and its everywhere, not just skating

imagine thinking a bunch of literal alcoholic 22 year olds in a van hazing a 13 year old and thinking "those were the good old days". It's fucking weird and lame

this is interesting, because I agree and as I've mellowed out with age this idea has resonated with me more. With recent complaints in the surfing community regarding acceptance and gatekeeping, I can't help but think about the differences/similarities in environments that create these conflicts. The defense for surfing has been about the scarcity of a location, and the waves themselves. Also the serious danger a beginner, or overconfident mid tier surfer, or complacent/malicious Loc dog all require regulation. And you see a lot of this behavior at skateparks as well. Many times the gatekeeping can prevent wankers and scooter kids from getting injured but the cultural gatekeeping is still present in any scene. I feel that the gatekeeping of skating is silly because anyone can just grab a board and find something to skate. Idk im really baked and rambling here but what im getting at is where is the line between regulation, and gatekeeping drawn? Perhaps respect? Being a cool guy but not being the coolguy.jpg. Teach, educate, but do not be a limp noodle. Sometimes I feel harsh and then I think about how much harsher the older guys were. I claim I don't be like them but I still have some of that tribal in-out group thinking. But I still had very good times and learned a lot from crusty OG shredders, but also learned a lot about what not to do. which is hit the bud and write a paragraph in a dollin thread, yelling into the cataclysmic abyss
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2022, 07:20:18 PM »
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2022, 07:22:33 PM »

nevrwasben

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -458
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2022, 09:06:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
He’s one of the kooks
no he’s not. Are you 16?

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2022, 02:00:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
nostalgia for bullying
[close]

This is a good, succinct way of putting it. and its everywhere, not just skating

imagine thinking a bunch of literal alcoholic 22 year olds in a van hazing a 13 year old and thinking "those were the good old days". It's fucking weird and lame
[close]

this is interesting, because I agree and as I've mellowed out with age this idea has resonated with me more. With recent complaints in the surfing community regarding acceptance and gatekeeping, I can't help but think about the differences/similarities in environments that create these conflicts. The defense for surfing has been about the scarcity of a location, and the waves themselves. Also the serious danger a beginner, or overconfident mid tier surfer, or complacent/malicious Loc dog all require regulation. And you see a lot of this behavior at skateparks as well. Many times the gatekeeping can prevent wankers and scooter kids from getting injured but the cultural gatekeeping is still present in any scene. I feel that the gatekeeping of skating is silly because anyone can just grab a board and find something to skate. Idk im really baked and rambling here but what im getting at is where is the line between regulation, and gatekeeping drawn? Perhaps respect? Being a cool guy but not being the coolguy.jpg. Teach, educate, but do not be a limp noodle. Sometimes I feel harsh and then I think about how much harsher the older guys were. I claim I don't be like them but I still have some of that tribal in-out group thinking. But I still had very good times and learned a lot from crusty OG shredders, but also learned a lot about what not to do. which is hit the bud and write a paragraph in a dollin thread, yelling into the cataclysmic abyss

There's a difference between the kind of hazing Paul and Mikey got in the City Stars days and then whatever the fuck Heath was doing to James Hardy.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2022, 08:53:10 AM »
That bygone gatekeeping didn't really work to keep out people like Brian Patch and Neal Hendrix

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2022, 09:02:56 AM »
Props to all the filmers for never missing that one beer a day

Vans Euro TM is Chris Pfanner iirc
I believe he has a well paying gig with volcom 
Free Charlie Rambo

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 62
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2022, 12:38:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
nostalgia for bullying
[close]

[close]

[close]

There's a difference between the kind of hazing Paul and Mikey got in the City Stars days and then whatever the fuck Heath was doing to James Hardy.

I wish I knew what you’re referencing here re: Heath. As much as I literally love Heath Kirchart he struck me as someone who I would NOT have gotten on with in a van. At least at one point in time anyway. But I’m not aware of what went on with him and Hardy. 

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 92
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2022, 12:55:01 PM »

https://youtu.be/s8O0wEaJDjQ?t=23

I think hardy speaks on it in his bunt interview.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 705
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2022, 01:56:26 PM »
Dolin has spoooooooken,
like the first Doooooooolin

if you don't get it you probably didn't have to to chapel every morning.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 62
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2022, 02:12:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

https://youtu.be/s8O0wEaJDjQ?t=23

I think hardy speaks on it in his bunt interview.

Lol, thanks for that. Listening to his Bunt now. Pure Jock bully shit.