Author Topic: Superfeet Insoles  (Read 5567 times)

SaySo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
Re: Superfeet Insoles
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2022, 10:55:22 AM »
Sorry for bumping an older thread, but would anyone happen to know the difference in thickness between the Run Comfort and the Run Comfort Thin? Superfeet's website has no dimensions listed anywhere I can find.

Also, has anyone tried the Run Pain Relief insoles?
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2022, 11:59:28 AM »
Been rocking the Oranges for a bit now, LOUDEST SQUEAKIEST FUCKING INSOLES, no matter the shoe...so much so people are fucking commenting on how loud my shoes are....feet feel good as does my lower right back tho!

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 460
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2022, 12:14:52 PM »
Been rocking the Oranges for a bit now, LOUDEST SQUEAKIEST FUCKING INSOLES, no matter the shoe...so much so people are fucking commenting on how loud my shoes are....feet feel good as does my lower right back tho!

The comfort gets you stoked, the squeak curbs your enthusiasm a bit.

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2022, 11:17:45 AM »
Great thread. I have th same issues w lower back pain and lately mastoiditis. I’m gonna give the orange a go.  I’ll trade the noise for relief any day.
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

LebowskisRug

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2022, 12:05:49 PM »
Sorry for bumping an older thread, but would anyone happen to know the difference in thickness between the Run Comfort and the Run Comfort Thin? Superfeet's website has no dimensions listed anywhere I can find.

Yo I have the Run Comfort and it's about 3.5mm. I am trying out the Adapt Run Max

@Xen I would highly recommend you try one of these two models. Same support, better heel cushion, and yah- that fucking plastic thing isn't there to squeak. It's the worst. My Sole cork insole also squeak and I hate it. Their legit recommendation was to put olive oil on the bottom.

My friends and I have tried the Adapt Run, Adapt Run Max, Run Comfort, Orange, and Copper. So far the winners seem to be the Adapt and Run Comfort. The Adapt have denser cushioning under the metatarsals, but it is still thin. They are all thinner than the Remind or FP insoles. 440's used to hurt the fuck outta my feet but I loved how they skated. The insole swap makes them skateable for long sessions and provides a tad bit more structure to the shoe which is nice later in their life. This is likely why NB sells these insoles rebranded.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2022, 06:25:25 PM »
Olive oil, wtf...lol...but for sake of trying, where did they say to place it? I've got some mink oil I'd rather use to try.

So run comfort or Run or run Max...? Seems arch height and heel cup depth dependent. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 06:56:28 PM by Xen »

SaySo

« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2022, 08:45:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yo I have the Run Comfort and it's about 3.5mm. I am trying out the Adapt Run Max

@Xen I would highly recommend you try one of these two models. Same support, better heel cushion, and yah- that fucking plastic thing isn't there to squeak. It's the worst. My Sole cork insole also squeak and I hate it. Their legit recommendation was to put olive oil on the bottom.

My friends and I have tried the Adapt Run, Adapt Run Max, Run Comfort, Orange, and Copper. So far the winners seem to be the Adapt and Run Comfort. The Adapt have denser cushioning under the metatarsals, but it is still thin. They are all thinner than the Remind or FP insoles. 440's used to hurt the fuck outta my feet but I loved how they skated. The insole swap makes them skateable for long sessions and provides a tad bit more structure to the shoe which is nice later in their life. This is likely why NB sells these insoles rebranded.

Thanks for the reply and measurement!

Yesterday I contacted Superfeet regarding the insole thickness (heel and forefoot) and they said they couldn't give out that information because it was "proprietary."

WTF. One would think that info would be relevant to people trying to figure out if an insole would fit in their shoes.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

LebowskisRug

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2022, 09:13:55 PM »
It's not cut and dry because they compress differently when you step on em. Honestly I've put all of the options on the floor and the forefoot looks pretty damn close. Thinner than any skate-specific insoles. The heel on the Adapt Run Max is the deepest, which is nice if you're putting them in vulcs. I could definitely use them in place of pop Cush.

SaySo

« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2022, 09:46:46 PM »
It's not cut and dry because they compress differently when you step on em. Honestly I've put all of the options on the floor and the forefoot looks pretty damn close. Thinner than any skate-specific insoles. The heel on the Adapt Run Max is the deepest, which is nice if you're putting them in vulcs. I could definitely use them in place of pop Cush.

The Run Pain Relief looks like it, with the heel stabilizer added, is fairly high/deep as well. Perhaps sufficient to sub into a Pop Cush vulc.

But the heel to forefoot drop might be entering Busenitz territory which some may or may not dig.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2022, 06:40:08 AM »
Olive oil, wtf...lol...but for sake of trying, where did they say to place it? I've got some mink oil I'd rather use to try.

So run comfort or Run or run Max...? Seems arch height and heel cup depth dependent.

I just had all 3 next to each other. The Run Comfort and Adapt Max are same depth heel cup and arch. The Adapt have more direct heel padding and the carbon is flexible. They have a layer of foam under the toes for more impact protection, which makes that spot thicker by maybe 1mm. The Run Comfort have the stiffer carbon heel/arch wedge like the Orange and a little gel piece. They worked well for what I skate, but I think the Adapt Max might end up a bit better for thinner shoes. The heel stack height might be slightly taller but it likely compresses when you stand.

Oh and on the oil they said to lightly coat the heel/arch. I ended up using tung oil cuz it was in my shop.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2022, 06:42:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Run Pain Relief looks like it, with the heel stabilizer added, is fairly high/deep as well. Perhaps sufficient to sub into a Pop Cush vulc.

But the heel to forefoot drop might be entering Busenitz territory which some may or may not dig.

No not even close. The drop is neutral on most models I think and at most 2-3mm. The Busenitz drop I think is like 7-8mm of a true running shoe and doesn't cup the heel. It's the one shoe I put on and thought "damn these are the best shoe for rolling your ankle".

SaySo

« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2022, 08:11:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

No not even close. The drop is neutral on most models I think and at most 2-3mm. The Busenitz drop I think is like 7-8mm of a true running shoe and doesn't cup the heel. It's the one shoe I put on and thought "damn these are the best shoe for rolling your ankle".

I was judging the Run Pain Reliefs solely based on pictures. Never held them in hand.

The drop in the Busenitz is most definitely noticeable, but I've never had rolled my ankles/had fear about rolling my ankles in them.

Now the Nike BRSB I can see them being ankle breakers due to the fact they're super tall with a very narrow heel area, and because they're designed off of the Cortez' which I have rolled my ankles in multiple times just as chillers back in the day.

Weird, guess everyone is different. Hahaha

Nevertheless, appreciate the feedback regarding the Superfeet. Definitely going to grab a pair.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2022, 09:50:58 AM »
The Busenitz have a really hard heel, with tall height, and very 90 degree angle to the sole. They're either staying on center, or tipping completely sideways, no recovering back.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2022, 11:34:35 AM »
I've been able to keep my plantar fasciitis at bay by getting a pair of cushy chiller shoes (Etnies Scouts that were on clearance) with the Greens inside them for wearing in the house + Adapt Run Max in the shoes I wear outside (normally slip on pros and old SB Dunks or Accels for skating) along with stretches and massaging my calfs and feet every day.

I might give the Adapt Run's a try since I still feel the Adapt Run Max are a bit thin, but I'm someone who thinks the old SB Dunks (with the original tread) don't have quite enough sole padding, even with the stock insoles.

edit: just read the Adapt Run's are better for low archs and I def have a high arch. Maybe I can get like a really thin flat footprint insole to put under or on top of my Adapt Run Max insoles. Or just buy thicker soled shoes.

Honestly they'd do well to make skate insoles. Something that is basically the Adapt Run with a thicker option and material on the top that grips your sock and some hideous insole artwork.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2022, 04:26:01 PM »
I've been able to keep my plantar fasciitis at bay by getting a pair of cushy chiller shoes (Etnies Scouts that were on clearance) with the Greens inside them for wearing in the house + Adapt Run Max in the shoes I wear outside (normally slip on pros and old SB Dunks or Accels for skating) along with stretches and massaging my calfs and feet every day.

I might give the Adapt Run's a try since I still feel the Adapt Run Max are a bit thin, but I'm someone who thinks the old SB Dunks (with the original tread) don't have quite enough sole padding, even with the stock insoles.

edit: just read the Adapt Run's are better for low archs and I def have a high arch. Maybe I can get like a really thin flat footprint insole to put under or on top of my Adapt Run Max insoles. Or just buy thicker soled shoes.

Honestly they'd do well to make skate insoles. Something that is basically the Adapt Run with a thicker option and material on the top that grips your sock and some hideous insole artwork.

I use both the greens and oranges depending on the shoe/application.
Expand Quote

[close]

I just had all 3 next to each other. The Run Comfort and Adapt Max are same depth heel cup and arch. The Adapt have more direct heel padding and the carbon is flexible. They have a layer of foam under the toes for more impact protection, which makes that spot thicker by maybe 1mm. The Run Comfort have the stiffer carbon heel/arch wedge like the Orange and a little gel piece. They worked well for what I skate, but I think the Adapt Max might end up a bit better for thinner shoes. The heel stack height might be slightly taller but it likely compresses when you stand.

Oh and on the oil they said to lightly coat the heel/arch. I ended up using tung oil cuz it was in my shop.

Prior to your post, I took some mink oil and put a thin layer around/between the hard portion and the foam (where they touch) didn't touch the arch; solved the squeak issue! Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 07:58:41 PM by Xen »

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2022, 08:45:12 PM »
So are you guys thinking the run comforts are the best option for the 440?  I currently have some fps that are on their last legs, but they seem too wide anyway.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2022, 08:50:36 PM »
I like mine a lot. The Adapt Runs could be good, but the heel cup isn't as high. The arch on the max is too tall for me but has a deep heel cup.

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2022, 09:08:43 PM »
Thank you.  Looks like that'll be my next purchase. 

LebowskisRug

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2022, 08:40:33 AM »
They're all fairly similar. The Adapf Run is sorta like an orange but they put some gel in the heel and there's less forefoot padding.

sweet son of a bitch

• Rep: 62
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2022, 09:38:06 AM »
Just picked up the carbons in D. So far love em.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2023, 02:21:29 PM »
After spending time with Superfeet Green, Orange (and FP game changers), I find the two piece construction of the greens and oranges pretty shoddy (I've had to glue them in place (of course, that one person will say 'never did that for me' but that's always the case...). Prefer the oranges for roomier shoes (Vans) and impact and greens for non-skate shoes.

With tighter shoes that offer midsole support and crappy foam (Nike/Nigel 3/Tyshawns) I've found that the SuperFeet Flex and Flex match are the shit! I started using them in my trainers and then over to my skate kicks. They're probably closer to the run version (i.e. more flexible, duh they're 'flex'].

https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/flexmax (these are best for barefoot style/DL gear)

https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/flex

Bit thinner on the ball so might not work well for you huckers, arch support is somewhere between green and orange, amazing heel cuppage (like the green), deeper than orange and they offer some breathability on the bottom, tho unsure just how effective that actually is, but paired with the breezy nigel 3 my feet are super cool, if not chilly on cold days. Highly recommended (they're also cheaper). 

US M10 and the '9.5-11' size didn't require trimming the insole.