Author Topic: Nyjah - Monster part “Side Mission”  (Read 5461 times)

Southernmost

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 116
Re: Nyjah - Monster part “Side Mission”
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2022, 07:02:51 PM »
Expand Quote
"Coming soon" at the end had me thinking this was a teaser for another part, but it seems like that's in reference to the rest of the video.

That's a massive final rail. I counted around 23 stairs on the 2nd set and the first set looks similar in size, maybe a couple stairs less. So a nearly 50 stair kinked handrail.

In big wave surfing the 100 ft wave at Nazare was a thing people chased for a long time. Who will be the first to grind a 100 stair rail, or has it already been done?

Not to derail the thread, but here's Steve Nesser hitting 44 back in November 2007.  Stair count source.
[close]

Going to Miami Heat games over the years and looking at the rails here I always thought of someone skating these but didn’t think it was possible to grind the whole thing or the biggest rail there.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2022, 09:49:15 PM »
I feel like both Nyjah and Tyshawn should have released their short throwaway parts before the actual SOTY push part, not the other way round. Takes away the momentum.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2022, 09:50:47 PM »
Expand Quote
"Coming soon" at the end had me thinking this was a teaser for another part, but it seems like that's in reference to the rest of the video.

That's a massive final rail. I counted around 23 stairs on the 2nd set and the first set looks similar in size, maybe a couple stairs less. So a nearly 50 stair kinked handrail.

In big wave surfing the 100 ft wave at Nazare was a thing people chased for a long time. Who will be the first to grind a 100 stair rail, or has it already been done?

Not to derail the thread, but here's Steve Nesser hitting 44 back in November 2007.  Stair count source.
[close]

nyjah didn’t cross lock.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2022, 10:39:16 PM »
I feel like both Nyjah and Tyshawn should have released their short throwaway parts before the actual SOTY push part, not the other way round. Takes away the momentum.

Wasn’t Mason’s last part for Spitfire his SOTY year?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2022, 10:58:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wasn’t Mason’s last part for Spitfire his SOTY year?

Aye but he had no competition.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2022, 10:59:08 PM »
It says in the video blurb that this is all footage from a single trip, which is fucking bananas not matter how you slice them.

As to massive handrails a lot of the biggest ones that have been done haven't even been down stairs so it gets hard to compare. Remember seeing one from Herman Stene last year or so which they had to film from two angles because they couldn't fit it into a single shot. The only thing that's limiting people now seems to be how steep it is.

disparatethoughts

• Rep: 2
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2022, 01:19:22 AM »
Mannnn had to log in for the one time to say holy shit this dude used an ily's song? Crazy. Fitting though as it's like a light hearted softcore Death Grips and the ethos of Disorder. Zach Hill is a real one though, should've used some Undo K From Hot if they were gonna go the Zach Hill adjacent route. What a timeline regardless. I must say that chaos board legitimately looks kinda sick though.

alecjahr

• Rep: -108
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2022, 01:49:06 AM »
Lame.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2022, 02:08:34 AM »
The half cab blunt flip (maybe it was nollie etc) out on the ledge was such a nice little surprise to see in the Nike part that it was a little bit of a bummer to see him use it here and realize it’s just the tech trick in his arsenal.   (I don’t ever watch contests so I don’t know if he’s busting out that trick a lot there)

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2022, 02:49:55 AM »
The half cab blunt flip (maybe it was nollie etc) out on the ledge was such a nice little surprise to see in the Nike part that it was a little bit of a bummer to see him use it here and realize it’s just the tech trick in his arsenal.   (I don’t ever watch contests so I don’t know if he’s busting out that trick a lot there)
yeah, it’s a huge bummer when someone does the same trick twice within 20 minutes of footage they put out in 1 year. i already know it’s going to be some protest about how he does the same big handrail tricks multiple times throughout said footage & how the comment was directed towards his lack of technical ledge tricks.. all while everyone jacks nik stain off for every noseslide or manual he does or over everyone else on the list’s repetitious tricks. come on already. look at how many “tech tricks” he did down big handrails. give this dude some credit already. get nik stain to kickflip back noseblunt a flat ledge or fs half cab bs five 0 rewind one, or any of the tech tricks nyjah did down 10 stair + rails.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2022, 05:03:33 AM »
Monster part “Side Pipe" would have had me clicking straight away. As it stands, I'll watch it later.

We all know Greco owns the right to that title, lol

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

dannyprovolone

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2022, 06:21:21 AM »
sidepipe could potentially replace the word handrail in all instances 

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 45
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2022, 06:26:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He rode that thing well! Never seen the Nesser cover, so thank you for that.

As far as stunts / long rails go, can’t forget good ol Cab:

Lest we forget

wheelchair skitch

• Rep: -19
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2022, 06:44:23 AM »
this is 1 week trip to berlin and dude filmed a borderline full part, thats crazy.
BE LIKE WATER

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2022, 07:06:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

He rode that thing well! Never seen the Nesser cover, so thank you for that.

As far as stunts / long rails go, can’t forget good ol Cab:

[close]

Lest we forget

That hat is way more disqualifying than any fit Nyjah wears.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Patrick2G

• Rep: -299
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2022, 06:22:16 PM »
That was fucking sick, I loved the front board through the guy should get the trophy.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2022, 06:30:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yeah, it’s a huge bummer when someone does the same trick twice within 20 minutes of footage they put out in 1 year. i already know it’s going to be some protest about how he does the same big handrail tricks multiple times throughout said footage & how the comment was directed towards his lack of technical ledge tricks.. all while everyone jacks nik stain off for every noseslide or manual he does or over everyone else on the list’s repetitious tricks. come on already. look at how many “tech tricks” he did down big handrails. give this dude some credit already. get nik stain to kickflip back noseblunt a flat ledge or fs half cab bs five 0 rewind one, or any of the tech tricks nyjah did down 10 stair + rails.

I said it was a little bit of a bummer,  not a huge one.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2022, 09:03:55 PM »
Nyjah not letting the euro “awwww the spot isn’t pewwfect” bullshit stop him. Objective superiority. Plenty of skaters I like more, but he’s undeniably the best at what he does.

Would love a part of him one upping nyc spots where coolguys did mediocre bullshit. 

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2022, 09:07:48 PM »
sidepipe could potentially replace the word handrail in all instances
Or when you rock one rail on your deck.