Author Topic: Toronto rail location  (Read 1593 times)

WPG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
Toronto rail location
« on: July 13, 2022, 06:45:01 AM »
Hi Pals, in Toronto for a day Just wondering where the rail TJ Rogers skated in his new TJIF part where his headphones fell of is. I thought the Jays stadium or union station but haven't seen it yet, maybe I missed it
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Sidewalk Funk.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Toronto rail location
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 07:04:27 AM »
Yeah it's at Rogers Centre which I believe is where the Blue Jays play (I'm not from Toronto so I'm not 100%, but have visited dozens of times).

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 07:56:08 AM »
Hi Pals, in Toronto for a day Just wondering where the rail TJ Rogers skated in his new TJIF part where his headphones fell of is. I thought the Jays stadium or union station but haven't seen it yet, maybe I missed it
It's on the path to the Rogers Center as you approach off Front Street, near the restaurant The Pint. Very close to CBC. It should be the first set of stairs to go across the bridge that goes over the rail way tracks if you are walking south.

WPG

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 09:26:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It's on the path to the Rogers Center as you approach off Front Street, near the restaurant The Pint. Very close to CBC. It should be the first set of stairs to go across the bridge that goes over the rail way tracks if you are walking south.

Found it with your help, thanks guys
Muska, Chillin Chillin

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 09:43:43 AM »
What tricks did you get down that behemoth

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022, 10:18:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Glad you found it. A ton of the Toronto spots he skated in that part are literally all within like a 10 minute radius.

WPG

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2022, 10:57:21 AM »
What tricks did you get down that behemoth

I wish, didnt realize the run up was downhill extra impressed now
Muska, Chillin Chillin

WPG

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2022, 11:12:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Glad you found it. A ton of the Toronto spots he skated in that part are literally all within like a 10 minute radius.

I assume the black ledge with the gap over the rail is nearby too? Anyone know where exactly?
Muska, Chillin Chillin

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2022, 11:35:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I assume the black ledge with the gap over the rail is nearby too? Anyone know where exactly?
Roy Thompson Hall.

WPG

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2022, 12:15:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Roy Thompson Hall.

Thank you, video doesn't do it justice
Muska, Chillin Chillin

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2022, 12:17:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Roy Thompson Hall.
[close]

Absolutely not. The first time I went in person I was blown away at how tall that thing is

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2022, 12:25:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Roy Thompson Hall.
[close]

[close]

Absolutely not. The first time I went in person I was blown away at how tall that thing is

Not to mention anytime someone grinds/slides the black ledges there. Those things are so round locking in should be impossible

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2022, 12:40:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Roy Thompson Hall.
[close]

If you haven't been before, it is pretty crazy how close all those spots are. And Commerce Court/TD is also really close. I feel like most of Bobby's intro to Quasi part was filmed in like 2km radius.

The only Toronto spot that is a bit out of the way you see a ton in videos is Bickford. Still easy as hell to get to and maybe 15 minutes by Subway. If you don't know that one. It's the ledge guys gap over some long stair. Dylan Reider Kickflip to regs in in Dylan, and Wade nollie flipped bs nose'd and nollie bs nose'd nollie flip out of in the recent Primative video.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2022, 10:11:33 AM »
Bumping this thread as I’ll be traveling to Toronto tomorrow for a week and a half for work. I’ll be doing 12-13 hour days so probably no actual skating for me but any suggestions on food or dive bars and things to check out in the evening would be rad. Staying in the yorkville area if that helps.

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2022, 12:28:07 PM »
Bumping this thread as I’ll be traveling to Toronto tomorrow for a week and a half for work. I’ll be doing 12-13 hour days so probably no actual skating for me but any suggestions on food or dive bars and things to check out in the evening would be rad. Staying in the yorkville area if that helps.

-Loga's Corner in Parkdale for Tibetan dumplings
-Fah Mee (also Parkdale) for Doubles (Jamaican dish)
-Galaxy on Bloor St. for a great+cheap bahn mi and fruit smoothie combo

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2022, 02:01:35 PM »
Good looks @professional !

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2022, 05:04:42 PM »
TIFF related? I'll say this, around Yorkville everything tends to be pricy. It's basically the area rich people go to shop/eat. but there's tons of cheaper places to walk to near by.

I love chicken Wings at Crown and Dragon which is a short walk from Yorkville (Church and Yonge). In my opinion the best in the city currently. There are a ton of more affordable bars on Bloor near Koreatown (about 20-minute walk West of Avenue or Bay), since the borders the northern side of U of T. For bars in Yorkville I find Hemingways or the Pilot the most affordable, but since it's TIFF crowds around Yorkville could be excessive. Hope you have a great time and enjoy what we have to offer. For late night food (like real late night) the best area is Chinatown, tons of good spots like Swawtow or Taste of China. The cool thing here is we have tons of first generation immigrants that bring their cuisine here, so if you like certain styles of food, like Korean, Chinese, Italian, Indian, Greek, etc just google the best in the city. BlogTO isn't the best but it can lead you in the right direction with their best of lists, and it really caters to around you are to the lake.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2022, 06:32:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
TIFF related? I'll say this, around Yorkville everything tends to be pricy. It's basically the area rich people go to shop/eat. but there's tons of cheaper places to walk to near by.

I love chicken Wings at Crown and Dragon which is a short walk from Yorkville (Church and Yonge). In my opinion the best in the city currently. There are a ton of more affordable bars on Bloor near Koreatown (about 20-minute walk West of Avenue or Bay), since the borders the northern side of U of T. For bars in Yorkville I find Hemingways or the Pilot the most affordable, but since it's TIFF crowds around Yorkville could be excessive. Hope you have a great time and enjoy what we have to offer. For late night food (like real late night) the best area is Chinatown, tons of good spots like Swawtow or Taste of China. The cool thing here is we have tons of first generation immigrants that bring their cuisine here, so if you like certain styles of food, like Korean, Chinese, Italian, Indian, Greek, etc just google the best in the city. BlogTO isn't the best but it can lead you in the right direction with their best of lists, and it really caters to around you are to the lake.

This is super helpful thanks dude! I’m from Philly so a 20 minute walk doesn’t bother me at all. I’m not there for TIFF but I am shooting a TV commercial so it’s kinda close. Overall just stoked to visit and explore the city as much and when I can.

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2022, 11:39:40 AM »
The best dive bar in the city is Ted's Collision. The Embassy in Kensington Market runner up. Kensington Market has a super sick rooftop parking garage spot - I know you said you won't be able to skate but it's also a cool place to just hangout and shoot the shit because there's a great view from up there. First spot in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v64_xc7kYX0

Toronto's food scene is AMAZING. If you want pho go to Pho Linh, jerk chicken at Pat's Homestyle, ramen at Ramen Isshin, tacos/burritos/tortas at Gus Taco. If you want fancier restaurant recs I got those too. Hope you enjoy, you're visiting at a great time weather-wise.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2022, 01:39:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This is super helpful thanks dude! I’m from Philly so a 20 minute walk doesn’t bother me at all. I’m not there for TIFF but I am shooting a TV commercial so it’s kinda close. Overall just stoked to visit and explore the city as much and when I can.
Yeah, I'd also add, if you decide to check out Blue Tile Lounge (probably our best skateshop) their is a sick Pizza place like 3 doors down called Fourth Man in the Fire, and it sells slices.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2022, 05:09:59 PM »
Maker pizza, ohmi, Sam James coffee, the library specialty coffee, super point, pai, new ho king.

Chinatown, ossington and dundas, the annex are all worth checking out. Casa loma isn’t to far from where you’re staying and had a good view of city, Robarts library is cool inside and down the street from you. If you can get on a bike or find the time to “get out of the city” going down to tommy Thompson park is worth it. Center island is a good little ferry ride too.

Enjoy the city.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2022, 06:13:33 PM »
Maker pizza, ohmi, Sam James coffee, the library specialty coffee, super point, pai, new ho king.

Chinatown, ossington and dundas, the annex are all worth checking out. Casa loma isn’t to far from where you’re staying and had a good view of city, Robarts library is cool inside and down the street from you. If you can get on a bike or find the time to “get out of the city” going down to tommy Thompson park is worth it. Center island is a good little ferry ride too.

Enjoy the city.
I don't think Maker has dine-in anywhere and is delivery only.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2022, 09:52:13 PM »
@DannyDee did Hemingways and the pilot both as they’re right by my hotel and 10/10 was super stoked. Thanks so much. Def coming back to the pilot this week while I’m here.

Genericwhitemale

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2022, 12:06:08 AM »

Check out Adrift on Spadina Ave
And So Hip on Queen St.
Those shops are pretty close to each other

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2022, 01:07:49 PM »
@DannyDee did Hemingways and the pilot both as they’re right by my hotel and 10/10 was super stoked. Thanks so much. Def coming back to the pilot this week while I’m here.
No problem man. Hope you are having a great time and enjoy our city with whatever time you have free. It's grown leaps and bounds within my lifetime and I'm only in my mid 30's. Also, as mentioned earlier in this thread. If you get down near CBC/Roy Thomson and Skydome it's pretty crazy how close all the spots are, although not like Philly from what I can gather where Love, Muni and City Hall were all next to each other. But, that Bobby Dekeyzer intro part to Quasi was all filmed within like a 1 mile radius of each other.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2022, 02:14:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Yeah, I'd also add, if you decide to check out Blue Tile Lounge (probably our best skateshop) their is a sick Pizza place like 3 doors down called Fourth Man in the Fire, and it sells slices.

Hit up blue tile and fourth man today. Shop was super rad and got a hat & shirt and chatted it up for a minute. Pizza was excellent and the wings at crown and dragon were top tier as well. Off to a blue jays game now. Solid day all around.

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2022, 07:03:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Hit up blue tile and fourth man today. Shop was super rad and got a hat & shirt and chatted it up for a minute. Pizza was excellent and the wings at crown and dragon were top tier as well. Off to a blue jays game now. Solid day all around.

There you go!!!!! Mans is having one hell of a Toronto day

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2022, 12:32:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

There you go!!!!! Mans is having one hell of a Toronto day
@coldbrew accomplished more in a day than some Toronto people accomplish in a life here.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 12:39:42 PM by DannyDee »

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2022, 05:59:08 PM »
I moved outta the city last year after being there for awhile, so I’m living vicariously through your posts. Glad you’re enjoying the city.

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2022, 11:21:07 AM »
Going to TO in the first week of November, gonna use this thread a lot

Do you think I'll be able to skate? I'll be staying by overpass park and probably skating beach park with my niece

Is there any spots in the PATH that isn't a harsh bust

Can you direct me to any street transition? Google showed me some benches at a park that you can ride on to and IG showed me a short steep brick bank to ledge or wall I can't remember

Thanks for all of your input thus far