Author Topic: Stray  (Read 801 times)

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
Stray
« on: July 20, 2022, 12:19:38 PM »
is anyone picking this up? It looks pretty good.

doyle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Stray
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 12:44:14 PM »

Played through the first few hours last night, probably about half-way through if I had to guess. Without spoiling anything, it's very relaxing overall, a couple puzzles here and there but so far pretty simple and straightforward. Nice story, beautiful world, would've liked a little bit more for controls and difficulty/risks but still looking forward to getting back to it.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2022, 02:26:37 PM »

probably, is it on PS Plus to play for free?

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 03:09:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s a good question, it might be

newguy

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2022, 04:45:15 PM »
kitty :)

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2022, 05:44:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That’s a good question, it might be

just checked, yeah its on there, probably will check it over the weekend.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2022, 05:24:30 PM »
Just upgraded my PS Plus and played the first hour or so. Really liking it so far, cool platforming and simple puzzles. Easy controls to pick up.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2022, 07:43:47 AM »
Just upgraded my PS Plus and played the first hour or so. Really liking it so far, cool platforming and simple puzzles. Easy controls to pick up.

I checked it out too …actually amazed at how good the the graphics are for the ps4

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2022, 08:51:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I checked it out too …actually amazed at how good the the graphics are for the ps4

Definitely, it looks great. Now, I also downloaded Avengers and that game looks like total shit and the load times are atrocious... going to stick with Stray for the time being.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2022, 08:57:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Definitely, it looks great. Now, I also downloaded Avengers and that game looks like total shit and the load times are atrocious... going to stick with Stray for the time being.

I watched someone do the play-through for avengers...not a good game, story is random and they switch up the characters too much.   I actually probably won't keep playing stray, cool game tho

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2022, 09:19:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I watched someone do the play-through for avengers...not a good game, story is random and they switch up the characters too much.   I actually probably won't keep playing stray, cool game tho

Game looks terrible, the User interface is insane, it's a microtransaction nightmare, and I know it would be impossible to get the likeness rights/voices of the actors from the movies but it's so weird watching the video game characters and they're so different.

Stray is supposed to be short so I'll probably keep playing, I'm enjoying the atmosphere so far. The PS Plus library is pretty good though and there's definitely some games I've been meaning to play that I'll have to get into (specifically Miles Morales ASAP).

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2022, 09:42:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Game looks terrible, the User interface is insane, it's a microtransaction nightmare, and I know it would be impossible to get the likeness rights/voices of the actors from the movies but it's so weird watching the video game characters and they're so different.

Stray is supposed to be short so I'll probably keep playing, I'm enjoying the atmosphere so far. The PS Plus library is pretty good though and there's definitely some games I've been meaning to play that I'll have to get into (specifically Miles Morales ASAP).

I have been paying for PS Now since they launched in 2015-2016?  anyhow sony decided to merge that into the PS Plus, the library is excellent but it didn't handle wi-fi streaming games at all, so I would download a game and sit on it for a few months till its finished, deleted it for another one. 

The only game i got a platinum trophy was that spiderman before the miles, and you play as him for a period.  Best game i probably ever played

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2022, 09:45:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I have been paying for PS Now since they launched in 2015-2016?  anyhow sony decided to merge that into the PS Plus, the library is excellent but it didn't handle wi-fi streaming games at all, so I would download a game and sit on it for a few months till its finished, deleted it for another one. 

The only game i got a platinum trophy was that spiderman before the miles, and you play as him for a period.  Best game i probably ever played

Yeah Spiderman was incredible, it was my first PS4 game because I bought the bundle. I've been considering replaying, maybe Miles Morales will make me want to go back and give it a replay. I didn't do the platinum because some of the missions got so tedious, I could never do the missions where you need to catch the drones or pigeons or whatever?

I do have a couple of platinums but I think I'm most proud of my Bloodborne platinum

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2022, 09:47:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah Spiderman was incredible, it was my first PS4 game because I bought the bundle. I've been considering replaying, maybe Miles Morales will make me want to go back and give it a replay. I didn't do the platinum because some of the missions got so tedious, I could never do the missions where you need to catch the drones or pigeons or whatever?

I do have a couple of platinums but I think I'm most proud of my Bloodborne platinum

yea, I thought the mission was dumb, but loved the web swinging mechanics soo much, just had to master it on all levels of the games...now that I remember I never bought those other download story offshoots with the catwoman

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2022, 09:51:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

yea, I thought the mission was dumb, but loved the web swinging mechanics soo much, just had to master it on all levels of the games...now that I remember I never bought those other download story offshoots with the catwoman

The DLCs were expensive though. I think they were $15 each and there were 3 of them? i kept waiting for them to go on sale but they never did

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2022, 04:40:16 PM »
Loving it
Cocteau Twins

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2022, 04:45:54 PM »
Loving it

Yeah, I had a great time, was a bit emotional when I finished

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2022, 11:13:34 AM »
Just finished it on PC in about 5 hours. The ending was a tear jerker for real. With the graphics jacked up on PC it was amazing. I feel like it really could have been something else, but it had me sucked in.

Story was cool. I am going to play again and try to do all the side quests.