Author Topic: Mike Taylor for City Council  (Read 31933 times)

sacking rails

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
Re: Mike Taylor for City Council
« Reply #180 on: October 19, 2022, 01:13:53 PM »
mikey taylor and seabiscut are the same tho

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2210
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #181 on: October 19, 2022, 01:34:19 PM »
Marry - Kill - Fuck: Mikey Taylor, Seabiscuit, Susan B. Anthony
You didn’t fall for the trick question: SOMEbody’s paying attention over here.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #182 on: October 19, 2022, 01:39:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
can i have a cookie pleas

quackquack

• Rep: -407
« Reply #183 on: October 19, 2022, 02:42:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Mikey Taylor is a garbage human, and that church he goes to is some straight up evangelical dominionism trash... he's just a trojan horse (which, let's be honest, is very fitting, lol) that that creep pastor is using to inject his religious bullshit into city council...

Having said all that, when it comes to the landlords and rent discussion, tech is once again making everything in the world worse:

[close]
“tech” “disrupters” like this should be scared to leave their houses lest they get what they deserve (being shot dead in the middle of the street in broad daylight)
[close]

Another level-headed take from Ignatius - this time calling for the murder of software engineers. What do you do for a living?

I dunno dude, the market is fuckered, that's true, but I'd be more apt to blame foreign/local investment companies and the politicians that make moves like raising interest-rates instead of denying/regulating corporate access to the market.
[close]
lol oh no the guy who thinks homeless people are subhuman scum beyond redemption thinks my takes are bad

I would love for you to find a quote of me saying that.

You won't though, because it's patently false.

It's just another case where you take people's words and spin them into whatever argument suits your needs. Or, in this case, you do it to avoid admiting that you don't work.

I don't prescribe to the 'you must work to be a productive member of society' , so I'm really not trying to through shade about your possible lack of a gig. I just wondered what duties you perform for the scrilla.

For the record - I donate quite often to the woman's shelter in my city because I think you can believe most homeless have huge issues while still believing they can overcome those issues.

I also pay more in taxes than I used to make in a year - better believe I criticize any plan to spend that money.

Honestly though, your comeback to being called out for advocating murder is to deflect? How horse-faced of you.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 02:50:13 PM by quackquack »
Oh, the places you'll go.

quackquack

• Rep: -407
« Reply #184 on: October 19, 2022, 03:21:57 PM »
Actually Ignatius - it does bum me out that my words about the homeless were taken so wrong, not just by you. It's part of why I didn't try defending the position.

I certainly never meant to disparage, only focus on just how big the issue is. It's not just homes, but mental health care, jobs, health care, drug addiction, family counseling - whatever it entails, is.... something I think can only be adequately addressed by a total populace, not just our shat government.

I realized that it just wasn't a good place to have the discussion, especially how I framed my side.

Someone called me out for working with the homeless. My thought is I would rather work with people are near the edge, and help them from going off the rails. I'm actively thinking how I want to do so.

I don't think that you're wrong to despise soulless pursuits. I also don't want to make serious jabs, your ideas aren't as radicalized as I'd pretend.

I hope your efforts create the change we need, I hope mine will too.
Oh, the places you'll go.

pleasent street

• Rep: -91
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #185 on: October 19, 2022, 06:54:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Mikey Taylor is a garbage human, and that church he goes to is some straight up evangelical dominionism trash... he's just a trojan horse (which, let's be honest, is very fitting, lol) that that creep pastor is using to inject his religious bullshit into city council...

Having said all that, when it comes to the landlords and rent discussion, tech is once again making everything in the world worse:

[close]
“tech” “disrupters” like this should be scared to leave their houses lest they get what they deserve (being shot dead in the middle of the street in broad daylight)

yeah like imagine if there was a guy who sent bombs in the mail to people he thought were ruining the world via technological advancement haha

nah but srsly you're right. 'nahh bro it's just a job...' fuck you, you're as bad as cops who take away our rights as americans because 'it's just my job'

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #186 on: October 19, 2022, 09:22:33 PM »

marry with or without a prenup? your answer will change everything

bobbersonbob

• Rep: 6
« Reply #187 on: October 20, 2022, 07:48:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
can i have a cookie pleas
will you accept a sea biscuit instead?

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1097
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #188 on: November 07, 2022, 11:48:00 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkrNkgYrZA5/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Will Mikey Taylor successfully segue into politics? I hope not. Only tomorrow will tell. If you have the ability, vote against him.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #189 on: November 08, 2022, 09:41:01 AM »
Pretty weird that he never talked about his brother being homeless until he was running for office and could use it for relatability.

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #190 on: November 08, 2022, 10:31:04 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkrNkgYrZA5/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Will Mikey Taylor successfully segue into politics? I hope not. Only tomorrow will tell. If you have the ability, vote against him.
Done
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #191 on: November 08, 2022, 10:38:16 AM »
idk seems kinda silly that people will use the tech as a scapegoat. the landlords all being like "well we wouldnt have done it had it not been for that software!!" seems so dumb. yes tech brings about some dumb ass shit, but we as humans are the ones utilizing the tech for dumb ass shit.

bobbersonbob

« Reply #192 on: November 08, 2022, 08:25:40 PM »
Mike doesn't TRULY (used lightly considering my last set of parentheses) care for Matt or the fact that he's destitute and mentally ill.

His primary interests are not for the community. I know this because, in person, he 99% talks about business growth. He rarely brings up anything that doesn't involve building wealth. And the 1% of the time that he does, it seems like filler. That shouldn't be a surprise since that's most of all his social media content. He's very one-dimensional.

He's absolutely using his brother's story as cannon fodder to bolster his own political gains.

(I believe he would actually care more for his brother if it wasn't for his wife and her fearmongering of Matt. She has created derision between Matt and Mike)

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1097
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #193 on: November 08, 2022, 08:35:11 PM »
Mikey Taylor currently in 4th place for 3 available seats.

Here is a link if you want to check for updates (it's in alphabetical order so the Thousand Oaks city council race is towards the bottom):

https://www.vcstar.com/elections/results/local/
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

bobbersonbob

« Reply #194 on: November 08, 2022, 08:41:38 PM »
Thank you for the link/update, Ed.

Kanteen Russell

• Rep: -72
« Reply #195 on: November 08, 2022, 08:42:35 PM »
I voted for Mikey today. He has a great business mind and also dropped some banging ass parts in his days of skating, plus he bought a couple of drinks one time a couple years baxk and was cool in person.

bobbersonbob

« Reply #196 on: November 08, 2022, 08:52:52 PM »
i support your vote. i voted for other people outside of his narrow purview.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #197 on: November 08, 2022, 10:29:41 PM »
It’s pretty wild that
7,882 people are fucked in the head enough to vote for this dipshit

Ghost Face

• Rep: 108
« Reply #198 on: November 08, 2022, 10:32:38 PM »
I voted for Mikey today. He has a great business mind and also dropped some banging ass parts in his days of skating, plus he bought a couple of drinks one time a couple years baxk and was cool in person.

Hi Mikey,  ;D
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Malcolm Sex

• Rep: -89
« Reply #199 on: November 09, 2022, 12:16:34 AM »
If his own brother is still homeless after 12 years I don't have much hope for what Mikey will be able to achieve for homeless people he isn't related to.

assvogel

• Rep: 202
« Reply #200 on: November 09, 2022, 12:48:44 AM »
The election hasn't been a one horse race, as Mike Taylor is trailing behind the front runners at fourth place currently and it hasn't been a breeze. But the distance between Mike and 3rd place is just a couple hundred votes, so let's see if he can gallop those votes before thursday. Well see if this ends up at the wire or will Mike ease up and end the competition as an  also-ran.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #201 on: November 09, 2022, 05:02:07 AM »
If his own brother is still homeless after 12 years I don't have much hope for what Mikey will be able to achieve for homeless people he isn't related to.

Letting your brother be homeless while you stack cash flipping real estate and selling NFTs is my kinda family values.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #202 on: November 09, 2022, 05:46:11 AM »
Has he posted his victory speech yet?

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #203 on: November 09, 2022, 06:35:01 AM »
Nothing could make Slap happier than Mikey finishing dead last.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

skunty

• Rep: 73
« Reply #204 on: November 09, 2022, 06:47:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Has he posted his victory speech yet?

[close]
he hasn't won yet, he's trailing in 4th place by a few hundred votes

https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/local/communities/conejo-valley/2022/11/08/thousand-oaks-city-council-race-election-results/8252144001/

the link edlawndale provided gives more up to date results, and Mikey is in 3rd by a little less than 300 votes right now. according to the article you linked, additional updates are expected thursday (doesnt explain why), so maybe that could still change

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #205 on: November 09, 2022, 06:49:28 AM »
thoughts & prayers Mikey

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #206 on: November 09, 2022, 07:05:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Letting your brother be homeless while you stack cash flipping real estate and selling NFTs is my kinda family values.
I work part time in a mental health institute and i see siblings of patients skin them from everything they have all the time or ignore them completely.
 alot of times their parents bought the mentally ill brother a house and after they pass away his siblings will do everything they can to keep him institutionalized as long as possible to take his property away and bank on it.
fuck mikey taylor if he has multiple apartments and his mentally ill brother is homeless. i know having a mentally ill brother can be super hard and frustrating, but if youre so well off you can easily give him a place to stay and take care of all the bullshit for him and atleast give him a place to crash without conditions and terms.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #207 on: November 09, 2022, 08:05:23 AM »

Mikey manure is no where near the pedigree of seabiscuit

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #208 on: November 09, 2022, 08:22:35 AM »
According to the Ventura Country election night reporting website Mikey is out by over 5000 votes at this point.

https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/CA/Ventura/115748/web.303253/#/detail/79
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2022, 08:45:10 AM »
According to the Ventura Country election night reporting website Mikey is out by over 5000 votes at this point.

https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/CA/Ventura/115748/web.303253/#/detail/79

actually crazy how large of a % vote he got.  I thought he'd get around 2%