Author Topic: Mike Taylor for City Council  (Read 31803 times)

Style Police

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
Re: Mike Taylor for City Council
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2022, 09:21:25 AM »
Shortage of zoned homes for horses is my call.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2022, 09:49:48 AM »
This is how I know my mind is skewed from living in the Bay Area. $1.2M asking for a 5 bed 2500 square foot house isn't bad if that home was out there. You can pay the same and get a 2 bedroom 1000 square foot house in Berkeley, CA.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2022, 10:18:16 AM »
This is how I know my mind is skewed from living in the Bay Area. $1.2M asking for a 5 bed 2500 square foot house isn't bad if that home was out there. You can pay the same and get a 2 bedroom 1000 square foot house in Berkeley, CA.
Toronto does that to my mind, even when you factor in CAD to USD. Certain markets are insane (NYC, Toronto, SF/Bay Area, Vancouver off the top of my head).

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2022, 12:02:26 PM »
San Diego here, that's not a bad price, the only problem is that a regular three bedroom two bathroom isn't much cheaper

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2022, 12:23:51 PM »

i work as a residential building consultant for Palo Alto, Atherton, and Los Altos *city and hills. I recently did a search on a home that size that recently got remodeled....the zillow price was $5Million....Palo Alto is trippin.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1391
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2022, 01:17:18 PM »
city council people are the slimiest, especially real estate developers.

for most of my life the mostly low-income small city I grew up in on the east coast had a city council made up of life long long people, mostly lawyers and high position public works people. In the past 10 years, developer types from out of the area, more affluent places, have been coming in, buying a home, and getting into local politics. I think that more than half the city council have lived there for less than 5 years. They're setting into motion monster development projects on land they have purchased.

City had a municipal garbage dump that handled waste, cost residents nothing, and made the city money by handling other communities waste. That's been closed and waste is contracted to a conglomerate. Costs my folks $7/trash bag.

Waste Water Treatment was municipal, provided good jobs, and was very effective. It was sold to an international conglomerate that leaks shit into the river. No more union jobs, costs taxpayers more.

All that's left is the municipally owned power company and I'm waiting for that to be on the chopping block.

What I'm getting at is that developers on city council positions SUCK and are out to use their power and influence to MAKE MONEY FOR THEMSELVES at the expense of others.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2022, 01:42:16 PM »
Pet peeve when people say Bay Area . Must be a regional or local thing. Many people I meet say that term. Bay Area so vague & open to interpretation that’s why I don’t like it . Be proud of where you are from , name your city . It’s alright if you don’t live in Berkeley, SF, or Oakland . Those outskirt cities more legit to live, own a house & raise a family than the big 3

SickSickSicks

• Rep: 20
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus!
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2022, 02:29:16 PM »
Just what the Thousand Oaks City Council needs, another white, male, "entrepreneur", obsessed with wealth and real estate. Fuck Mikey Taylor.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2022, 02:30:27 PM »
Maybe he’s just trying to relive his days as a City Star… nyuk nyuk nyuk
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2022, 03:24:25 PM »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2022, 04:41:58 PM »
city council people are the slimiest, especially real estate developers
This is why Mikey Taylor will win , he slimy . He’s obviously no developer . He buys one house then automatically thinks he a real estate guru & qualified to give advice on the subject matter . This man is awful, just look at him . Can’t even click on the links y’all provide . Rather be punched in the face then listen to MT give any type of advice . A gross arrogant individual

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2022, 04:43:26 PM »

I don't know shit about Mikey Taylor's skateboarding or personality or anything like that, but this sez enough for me.

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2022, 05:06:19 PM »
He should have used footage of himself during his career where he had cornrows. Amateur. You’re supposed to get in front of that stuff early on as far as PR goes.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2022, 05:39:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i work as a residential building consultant for Palo Alto, Atherton, and Los Altos *city and hills. I recently did a search on a home that size that recently got remodeled....the zillow price was $5Million....Palo Alto is trippin.

Funny how SF is taking a dip on real estate pricing with because of high mortgage rates but it's going from crazy insane pricing to just crazy pricing.

Pet peeve when people say Bay Area . Must be a regional or local thing. Many people I meet say that term. Bay Area so vague & open to interpretation that’s why I don’t like it . Be proud of where you are from , name your city . It’s alright if you don’t live in Berkeley, SF, or Oakland . Those outskirt cities more legit to live, own a house & raise a family than the big 3

I say Bay Area to just give an idea of the area I am talking about. If I said El Sobrante which is where I grew up, no one would know what I am talking about. But yes.....the Bay Area is vast and sectional. Going North to Marine sometimes is like a totally different world and yet you are a hop skip jump away from SF. And even within SF, it used to be so different in a 7X7 mile city. My wife grew up near the Ocean and never went to the Mission District as a kid. You just sort of stay in your district back in those days.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2194
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2022, 05:46:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Funny how SF is taking a dip on real estate pricing with because of high mortgage rates but it's going from crazy insane pricing to just crazy pricing.

Expand Quote
[close]

I say Bay Area to just give an idea of the area I am talking about. If I said El Sobrante which is where I grew up, no one would know what I am talking about. But yes.....the Bay Area is vast and sectional. Going North to Marine sometimes is like a totally different world and yet you are a hop skip jump away from SF. And even within SF, it used to be so different in a 7X7 mile city. My wife grew up near the Ocean and never went to the Mission District as a kid. You just sort of stay in your district back in those days.
El Sob, baby! “It’s what’s leftover.”
Did you ever skate the Red Onion bowl back in the day?
I loved that spot.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2022, 06:03:29 PM »
this is probably one of the most absurd things to ever happen

the anti vax account facelift 2 mikey taylor for councilman is icing on the cake
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 06:16:52 PM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2022, 06:06:47 PM »
Him & Dr. Oz would get along real well.

Highonangeldust

• Rep: 623
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2022, 06:16:18 PM »
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 02:49:58 PM by Highonangeldust »

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2022, 07:30:41 PM »
Dear Fongstarr,

Thank you for responding then sharing your insight on the subject matter on the term Bay Area. You are the exception and one of the real ones. I still feel majority of people use that term because they are insecure on hometown from personal encounters . I lived in San Francisco for 3 years and graduated from San Francisco State University. I’m a transplant .  Met a lot of people back then and to this day who insecure where they from. I lived in the city , took Bart a lot & familiar  with the surrounding areas plus I’m a map nerd . So once I ask all the people where in the Bay Area they from , their nonverbal cues & mannerisms demonstrated sketch that’s why I’m not down with that blanket term. And Fongstarr, you’re obviously legit & proud where you are from 

From my personal experience, people who said Bay Area are insecure & think I’m not familiar with the area. It’s like I said earlier,  alright if you not from the big 3. In hindsight, those areas more legit to own property , live, raise a family .

Just hate that term. When  I ask where in Bay Area people become defensive. That’s why I’m still convinced likely a regional or local saying.  You don’t hear Dale Jr & I saying we are from So Cal or Southern California … we are proud to be from the 619, 858, 760 

Lastly OBSF > OBSD 

Ocean beach San Francisco scary
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 07:38:05 PM by rawr1922 »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2022, 07:41:15 PM »
Expand Quote
I back skaters getting involved with in their community. For better or worse skateboarding should infest all aspects of everything. If the heart is in the right place then it could be good for everyone
[close]

If it's for worse, I'd say you shouldn't back it. And it seems like Mikey's heart is in the right place if by "right" you mean "shitty property developer seeking to loosen tax and zoning restrictions for his own future real estate projects" but yeah sure let's support his run because he skated to a fuckin doves song one time.

That hurts my heart. Let’s hope he does something for the community to make up for selfishness
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2022, 07:49:23 PM »
Can we at least agree Marin is old money? Sharky waters up there , always wanted to go to Bolinas. Is that where the rich kids hang out in the summer or my imagination running wild

boogs

« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2022, 08:52:18 PM »
Can we at least agree Marin is old money? Sharky waters up there , always wanted to go to Bolinas. Is that where the rich kids hang out in the summer or my imagination running wild

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2022, 09:06:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That song will always remind me of the 2nd montage from Transworld Interface.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2022, 09:39:13 PM »
Campaigning on a skater platform is a double-edged sword. Sure, you learn to fall and get back up and try again — the electorate understands that — but it can also lead to adultery.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2022, 09:53:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

as a little kid in the 90s east coast, the DKs themes made sense in a broad way and got me thinking, but I had no understanding the relevance of California Uber Alles or Moon over Marin until I moved to California.

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2022, 09:56:29 PM »
Love to see him in a debate with good old "rent is too damn high" Jimmy McMilan.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2022, 12:53:06 AM »
Morky: *yes, BUY FOR 2 MILLION, THAT WILL BE GOOD. SELL FOR 5 MILLION *

Barista: sir, can you please stop shouting in Starbucks?

Morky: *making eye contact with the barista*
5 million (under his breath)
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Dummklaus

• Rep: 45
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2022, 01:06:49 AM »

this is amazing. watch mikey skate like the workhorse he is and than talk casually to a pretty cool mayor guy.  8)

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2022, 01:25:42 AM »

this is amazing. watch mikey skate like the workhorse he is and than talk casually to a pretty cool mayor guy.  8)
I always thought the white people botching high fives stereotype wasn't real but fuck those guys made me see the truth. How do people make videos like this not as parody?

Ghost Face

• Rep: 107
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2022, 01:47:09 AM »

This has some weird Sunday School / Scientology promo vid vibe to it.

Also, Weston is sus.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."