Author Topic: Mike Taylor for City Council  (Read 31629 times)

Lester Bullocks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 18
Re: Mike Taylor for City Council
« Reply #300 on: November 23, 2022, 04:19:23 PM »
Expand Quote

so....whats he gonna do to make california better?
[close]

Probably nothing, but here is a video of him basically talking about how cool it will be for tech companies to cut their workforce by 80% and force everyone else to work crazy hours to make the owners richer.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClPqFcoJcVH/?hl=en
Could see Mikey Taylor on Shamwow.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #301 on: November 23, 2022, 04:28:07 PM »
Could see Mikey Taylor on Shamwow.

Slap Chop confirmed.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #302 on: November 23, 2022, 04:30:08 PM »
Agreed that this guy is an Elon stan.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #303 on: November 23, 2022, 04:36:31 PM »
hope hes not saddled with too much paper work

aint that the tra-hoof
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #304 on: November 23, 2022, 04:38:26 PM »
He's def gonna get busted for corruption when they find out how big of a public stable their city is getting.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 95
« Reply #305 on: November 23, 2022, 04:43:22 PM »
He's def gonna get busted for corruption when they find out how big of a public stable their city is getting.

he will get away with it, hes building a colt following in his neigh-bourhood

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #306 on: November 23, 2022, 04:49:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah, sooner or later they’ll catch him horsing around with an intern for sure
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 05:18:23 PM by RoaryMcTwang »

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #307 on: November 23, 2022, 04:52:08 PM »
It is mind numbing how tone deaf the dude is given his experience spending time alongside skateboarders, who are overwhelmingly of less means. How do people not realize how big of an issue the gap between the rich and poor has become?

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2022/08/wealth-inequality-by-household-type.html

If there is a Mount Rushmore for skateboarding shitheads, this dude is second ballot after gator.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #308 on: November 23, 2022, 05:01:49 PM »
Elon and Mikey in one thumbnail is just way too much long ugly face for one image

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #309 on: November 23, 2022, 05:08:43 PM »
#notmythousandoakscitycouncellor

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #310 on: November 23, 2022, 05:21:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #311 on: November 23, 2022, 09:49:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I feel like I should have done more. I can't believe this kooky dipshit is a "public servant" when there is nothing more he hates than the public and thinks are just things to exploit to make himself richer.

I'm not even sure I can bring myself to watch his Musk worshipping.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #312 on: November 23, 2022, 10:50:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Probably nothing, but here is a video of him basically talking about how cool it will be for tech companies to cut their workforce by 80% and force everyone else to work crazy hours to make the owners richer.

[close]
Could see Mikey Taylor on Shamwow. Mr. Ed reboot

dannyprovolone

« Reply #313 on: November 23, 2022, 10:59:19 PM »
It is mind numbing how tone deaf the dude is

I would have to disagree he is clearly well aware of his duties to the lizard people

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #314 on: November 24, 2022, 06:45:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i think im going to be sick
[close]
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, as someone who works in app development, that Mikey is absolutely talking shit about stuff he knows nothing about. Devs are some of the most overworked, no-boundary having employees out there and the deal is that your life sucks but they pay you a bunch of money. The burnout is built in. So Elon asking employees that have already gone through a couple dozen crunches in their career to work harder is not only tone deaf but it's just also sorta clueless. Saying Elon can do it because he 's done it in the past is exactly the kinda dumb money that tech has been running on for years. Don't take financial advice from an Instagram animorph

Why does a company like Twitter even need 7000+ employees? It's just an app where you can post text/pictures. Seems like it would be pretty simple to maintain and update every once in a while. And I know nothing about app developing

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #315 on: November 24, 2022, 06:49:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, as someone who works in app development, that Mikey is absolutely talking shit about stuff he knows nothing about. Devs are some of the most overworked, no-boundary having employees out there and the deal is that your life sucks but they pay you a bunch of money. The burnout is built in. So Elon asking employees that have already gone through a couple dozen crunches in their career to work harder is not only tone deaf but it's just also sorta clueless. Saying Elon can do it because he 's done it in the past is exactly the kinda dumb money that tech has been running on for years. Don't take financial advice from an Instagram animorph
[close]

Why does a company like Twitter even need 7000+ employees? It's just an app where you can post text/pictures. Seems like it would be pretty simple to maintain and update every once in a while. And I know nothing about app developing
Yeah it takes a lot of people to run the infrastructure of a website and app like twitter. Otherwise it would crash all the time

Tenterhooks

• Rep: 112
  • I love you x
    • http://davidgalletly.com avatar image
« Reply #316 on: November 24, 2022, 08:38:51 AM »
I heard someone using its search function as an example of how it's not just a simple app. You can post a tweet and it is instantly searchable amongst the millions (billions?) of other tweets on Twitter. I know nothing about development but I can appreciate that's not easy to do. Every tweet also has a permanent url and you can click on something from years ago and read the thread / replies / retweets and all that stuff.
"Was I a hero? Maybe to Hero, I was a hero." - Doug Brown

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #317 on: November 24, 2022, 11:39:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Yeah it takes a lot of people to run the infrastructure of a website and app like twitter. Otherwise it would crash all the time
Another issue you consistently run into is supporting the ever increasing list of devices. Apple keeps a pretty tight leash on the number of their phones they officially support but apps and services usually have to support a broader range. Each of these devices are often running a different operating system, all of which need to be supported. Apple updates iOS pretty regularly and an update can break all kinds of functionality. Just for a frame of reference, Apple released 16 in September, 16.1 in October and 16.2 is in public beta and will drop any day now.

This doesn't even touch on desktop versions, each of which have to run on every relevant version of every browser. And then there's Android. Google has been the affordable option for over a decade now and there are so many devices that need to be supported, many of which can barely run the OS, let alone a fully featured version of an app. Google supports a much broader range of devices and then you would still have to support devices that are just out of window because those phones are likely still in use. All of this work is to just keep the platform running. Any new features, which you need to keep adding to stay relevant to both the users and the advertisers, adds lift on top all of the aforementioned effort.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #318 on: November 24, 2022, 12:11:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
Another issue you consistently run into is supporting the ever increasing list of devices. Apple keeps a pretty tight leash on the number of their phones they officially support but apps and services usually have to support a broader range. Each of these devices are often running a different operating system, all of which need to be supported. Apple updates iOS pretty regularly and an update can break all kinds of functionality. Just for a frame of reference, Apple released 16 in September, 16.1 in October and 16.2 is in public beta and will drop any day now.

This doesn't even touch on desktop versions, each of which have to run on every relevant version of every browser. And then there's Android. Google has been the affordable option for over a decade now and there are so many devices that need to be supported, many of which can barely run the OS, let alone a fully featured version of an app. Google supports a much broader range of devices and then you would still have to support devices that are just out of window because those phones are likely still in use. All of this work is to just keep the platform running. Any new features, which you need to keep adding to stay relevant to both the users and the advertisers, adds lift on top all of the aforementioned effort.
God damn, thought I was gonna make it rich once I get a great idea for an app and have some coder buddy of mine develope it. Guess there's more to it

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #319 on: November 24, 2022, 12:21:25 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/ClUxnluJbgP/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

The caption for those that don’t have IG.

“ In February, I asked Jen what she thought of me potentially running for city council. At that time, she was 4 months pregnant and I was busier than ever with @communecapital

Honestly, I thought she was going to say absolutely not. I wasn’t really ready for the response she gave me.

She said, “this isn’t great timing, but you would be perfect. And the only reason I could see you saying no is out of fear and that is not a reason for not doing it.”

She knows me too well. Mention fear to me and I’m a go haha!

Thank you to everyone who has helped out along the way. Every volunteer, donor, voter, and everyone who encouraged us along the way. I appreciate you all so much!

I still can’t believe we did it!! We’re planning our celebration party now. I’ll let everyone know the final details.

Love you all!

#thousandoaks #westlakevillage #newburypark #citycouncil ”

quackquack

• Rep: -378
« Reply #320 on: November 24, 2022, 12:36:04 PM »
I think Elon's up to nefarious things, but as someone in the industry, I don't feel that Twitter would require a team of 7k to exist.

The cross-device/multi OS argument holds more ground for those apps with cutting edge features. Twitter is an input box and a list of comments. This type of thing can easily be an HTML5 app, which works on anything with a modern browser.

I don't see a good argument for supporting really old devices for Twitter. How much return on investment can one get by making sure someone with a crap phone can access the app? Just doesn't seem like target demographic.

Certainly it requires a team of 2-3k, but I don't know how even one program manager justified their job at Twitter. I don't use the App, so maybe it has launched new features, but it looks the exact same anytime I end up looking at a tweet.

Not that I'm saying there's no cross-device work or that anyone deserved to be fired, just offering my POV on the company and its rather boring product.
Oh, the places you'll go.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #321 on: November 24, 2022, 12:39:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
God damn, thought I was gonna make it rich once I get a great idea for an app and have some coder buddy of mine develope it. Guess there's more to it

In addition to the coding, there needs to be people that run the business of Twitter.

Note: This post could be bullshit as everything on Blind is bullshit, but at minimum, it presents a realistic story of the other shit Twitter needs to take care of in order to generate money.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #322 on: November 24, 2022, 06:30:41 PM »
“It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Jesus Christ - moral support guide for the member for Thousand Oakes, multi millionaire thoroughbred gentrifier and political illiterate.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #323 on: November 25, 2022, 06:38:00 AM »
“He loved the neighborhood and the friends he made here, including a teenage girl that lived next to his new home who would later become his wife.”

https://www.mikey4to.com/

What a strange way to word that, lmao

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #324 on: November 25, 2022, 07:23:32 AM »
kids should start skating his commercial properties just to get footage of him kicking them out in his penny loafers.

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #325 on: November 25, 2022, 08:01:28 AM »
kids should start skating his commercial properties just to get footage of him kicking them out in his penny loafers.
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #326 on: November 25, 2022, 08:37:05 AM »
i also loved my childhood neighbourhood so much i turned it into storage units

Therealkickflip

• Rep: -35
« Reply #327 on: November 27, 2022, 08:30:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Twitter is a corporation. When they went public and received billions in funding they had to grow and expand. International sales teams working over seas to get advertisements from foreign companies. Content moderation teams around the world. Hundreds of folks looking at thousands of tweets a day to make sure content is moderated. Why? Because Twitter is a free app on the App Store meaning accessible by kids. It has to be or they’ll remove it. This is the tip of the ice berg.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #328 on: December 01, 2022, 08:47:32 PM »

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -197
« Reply #329 on: December 01, 2022, 09:08:33 PM »
this dude sucks so hard it's almost unbelievable