Author Topic: Problems with USA skateboarding team  (Read 31910 times)

mj23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Problems with USA skateboarding team
« Reply #330 on: August 06, 2022, 01:02:59 PM »
you have to sort of build yourself up independently enough to have a voice … maybe like a Shaun King or something.
Lmao

Yes, what pro skateboarding needs is someone like Shaun King to set it straight

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #331 on: August 06, 2022, 02:37:13 PM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #333 on: August 06, 2022, 04:55:14 PM »
Seriously, DGAF.

They shouldn't haven't worked there in the first place. And, everyone knew it was run by grifters and they all knew that they were helping sell an activity that didn't belong to them. And, now that they didn't personally benefit as much as they expected the Olympics/USA Skateboarding is a problem.

Dyrdek (who needs this to be a thing otherwise his failed contest/Olympic qualifying event will have no reason for existing) and NBC will find replacements by the end of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if Dyrdek is coaching Aaron Snyder, the rest of the SL employees/judges and that kook Brando (World of X) on how to take advantage of this situation. There is no shortage of kooks willing to fill these gaps or people who can lie to themselves/the rest of us and say, "No you don't get it. The Olympics will be great for skateboarding/the world."

Fuck the Olympics. And like I said before, I like a very very small number of people associated with it, but they all ignored the red flags when entering this. They all knew that the Olympics is an institution that bulldozes peoples homes (Rio Olympics) and is built with trafficked labor (Sochi Olympics) and harms the countries that host it, but didn't give a fuck. They knew a lot of skaters didn't want to this to be a sport, but they didn't give a fuck.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 05:16:00 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

BRINK

• Rep: -934
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #334 on: August 06, 2022, 05:12:49 PM »
Seriously, DGAF.

They shouldn't haven't worked there in the first place. And, everyone knew it was run by grifters and they all knew that they were helping sell an activity that didn't belong to them. And, now that they didn't personally benefit as much as they expected the Olympics/USA Skateboarding is a problem.

Dyrdek (who needs this to be a thing otherwise his failed contest/Olympic qualifying event will have no reason for existing) and NBC will find replacements by the end of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if Dyrdek is coaching Aaron Snyder, the rest of the SL employees/judges and that kook Brando (World of X) on how to take advantage of this situation. There is no shortage of kooks willing to fill these gaps or people who can lie to themselves/the rest of us and say, "No you don't get it. The Olympics will be great for skateboarding/the world."

Fuck the Olympics. And like I said before, I like a very very small number of people associated with it, but they all ignored the red flags when entering this. And, even worse, more than a few of them lectured me about Ream, The Olympics, etc. If I remember right I was "virtue signaling" for saying skateboarding was too good for the Olympics and institution that bulldozes peoples homes (Rio Olympics) and is built with trafficked labor (Sochi Olympics) and harms the countries that host it.

The amount of time you have spent typing words on this board about the Olympics certainly points to the fact that you do, indeed, give many fucks.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #335 on: August 06, 2022, 05:31:07 PM »
The amount of time you have spent typing words on this board about the Olympics certainly points to the fact that you do, indeed, give many fucks.
Yea, I care about the Olympics but not about the misfortunes of those who signed up to help the Olympic sportification of skateboarding.

My response to what I believe was Hendrix's 2012 puff-piece for Jenkem was the reason Ian briefly asked me to write for Jenkem. Hendrix err, "Webb Brixey's" piece was disgusting and full of lots of incorrect/misleading information. It was very similar to the misinformation talking-points openly pushed by Ream, Hendrix, and everyone else once they were a part of the ISF, USA Skateboarding, the Olympics, etc. 

The Olympics is known to be an institution that causes a lot of harm and Ream has always been a complete dildo. However, it seems quite a few people believed, "that is just for everyone else not me. The Olympics/Ream will be good to me." This whole thing is like watching a bicycle thief fall on their stolen bike. I want to feel bad, but it is kind of like, "Damn bro, maybe you shouldn't have stolen that bike."

And, even for the people I like as people, there had to be some point where they looked around and said, "Holy fuck. I'm surrounded by kooks and grifters. This isn't good."

https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2012/09/04/skateboarding-vs-the-olympics-a-brief-history/

« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 05:50:30 PM by TheLurper »

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

BRINK

« Reply #336 on: August 06, 2022, 06:20:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yea, I care about the Olympics but not about the misfortunes of those who signed up to help the Olympic sportification of skateboarding.

My response to what I believe was Hendrix's 2012 puff-piece for Jenkem was the reason Ian briefly asked me to write for Jenkem. Hendrix err, "Webb Brixey's" piece was disgusting and full of lots of incorrect/misleading information. It was very similar to the misinformation talking-points openly pushed by Ream, Hendrix, and everyone else once they were a part of the ISF, USA Skateboarding, the Olympics, etc. 

The Olympics is known to be an institution that causes a lot of harm and Ream has always been a complete dildo. However, it seems quite a few people believed, "that is just for everyone else not me. The Olympics/Ream will be good to me." This whole thing is like watching a bicycle thief fall on their stolen bike. I want to feel bad, but it is kind of like, "Damn bro, maybe you shouldn't have stolen that bike."

And, even for the people I like as people, there had to be some point where they looked around and said, "Holy fuck. I'm surrounded by kooks and grifters. This isn't good."

https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2012/09/04/skateboarding-vs-the-olympics-a-brief-history/

Those dudes are creeps. For what it’s worth … I refused to sign on and take a check til Neal was gone. I have never once publicly or privately aligned with Ream. I took an opportunity to do something NBD with my friends … both the staff and the skaters. And primarily to push adaptive skateboarding into the paralympics and be there for that moment. Which I still have 5 years to try to accomplish.

Neal was ousted in 2018. His life was ruined. Who do you think got rid of him? USAS. Isn’t that doing the right thing? Do you really think he woulda been hired had anyone knew?

But didnit ever occur to you that maybe some good people signed up to try to do good? You know … like you try to do by typing all your theories and thoughts here but never actually join us in the industry to actually back up your words? Like, everyone’s supposed to believe you are good but you won’t believe we are? I know you are well-intended and passionate. But why the blanket assumption that we are all just out for money and selling out or whatever conspiracy theories you have in your head? Do you really look back on the careers of me, Mimi, Josh (founded 411) Alexis Sablone and others and think we were involved to do bad and deserve to have crimes (wage theft) committed against us? In fact, the posts I just put here are everything you seem you claim to want to see, no? Truth? Skaters keeping it real? Calling out thr creeps? Why would you “not give a fuck” instead of supporting that? Like sometimes your energy is so misguided dude. You should be happy. We tried. We did our time. Unlike you we know what we are talking about and now we are calling out the creeps and burning it to the ground. And you’re still here talking about “ReD FlAgS” as if we didn’t know the risks and red flags when we got involved? Like dude … how smart do you think you are compared to us? I don’t mean to sound insulting but your perceptions are insane sometimes.

I know you are basking in the glory of your “I told you so” moment. If people think I/we “deserve” this … fine. All good. But it doesn’t take more than a few brain cells to have predicted any of this. You aren’t some all-seeing Nostradamus, dude. But someone has to try and do the right things. And we did.

Believe me … there are plenty of wack dark men in this industry. But the crew from USAS that quit today and the rest of us who were laid off in May and still haven’t been paid … we aren’t it.

And anything I have ever said about the “benefits” I stand by. More parks have been built. Well-deserving pros have had their careers elevated, skateboarders around the world that we may have never seen are getting exposure and sponsors and slots to enter cool events like Tampa Pro or the Vans thing this weekend. Women’s skating has been elevated, in part, due to Tokyo and the excitement surrounding them and the award that Bryce and the others won. And soon the adaptive skaters will have that opportunity too. Yes, it’s happening organically within the core skate community but the global exposure helps a ton. Can’t you just acknowledge some of that and be happy for them all? Or god forbid even support it in the slightest?

More people have seen and now respect skateboarding  a little more. Young kids are interested and picking up a board. Everyone who ever picked up a board did it because skateboarding was “mainstream” enough for them to be exposed to it. Including you. Back to the Future. THPS, Bam, Jackass, Dyrdek, Olympics … what’s it matter?

You’re like Alex Jones or something. You refuse to believe even the slightest thing that goes against these conspiracy theories that are locked in your brain from years ago … and just keep going with whatever tidbit supports them, not matter what changes or happens along the way. We get it dude! ThE OlYmPiCs SuCk!!!

You act like you have never once in your life been at a job or anything where there are people there who suck and you try to do the right thing but arr outnumbered or powerless. I mean maybe you haven't, but it's happened to me at literally every job I have had, especially in skateboarding.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 07:02:04 PM by BRINK »

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #337 on: August 06, 2022, 07:42:04 PM »
Brink, I do not want to get into a personal argument with you. I'd much rather continue to hit you up when I'm in LA and have you be too busy to grab lunch  ;D (Note: this is a friendly joke, please take it as such.)

I've said this many times in my posts, there are people I like as people in these institutions, but I disagree with their decision to join these institutions. I've had arguments with multiple people in these institutions about the Olympics. None of the arguments ended with any concession to any of the points I brought up at the time. And, like I said, I want to feel bad as the contract they entered was not fulfilled by the other party, but it is hard to feel bad when they knowingly signed on to something that had a history of being terrible (the Olympics as a whole), with people who suck (Ream, Hendrix, tangentially Dyrdek, and so on), and engaged in activity that they knew many skaters were against (the sportification of skateboarding). They assumed that knew better than all of us that Olympics skateboarding was the path forward when so many had said otherwise.

And, while I think some might have been fooled into thinking that they were doing good, the problem is that in order to be fooled they had to ignore obvious information. Similarly, I think Trump supporters think they are doing good when they make Facebook posts about "BiDeN StEaLiNg ThE ElEcTion" but they are doing significant harm to our democracy by repeating an obviously false narrative. I think Jereme Rogers thinks he is doing good when he posts about a COVID vaccine that was created 2 years ago giving someone brain cancer 22 years ago, but he is doing significant harm to our healthcare system/society with this bullshit. Many of these people may think that they are doing good, but in order to believe this they have to ignore obvious signs to the contrary.

And, I've been in the industry. Once we get past the shop level, I'm not cut out for it. Every time I made the leap past the local, it was a miserable experience. I did this three times on and whether it was the media side or the industry side, it was wayyyy too cut-throat and " cool" for me. And, ethics rarely seem to exist. Everyone seems to be using everyone else. Not to mention, as we both know, the industry dramatically underpays and undervalues people. The skate industry is the last place for me. I had the most fun writing for PS118 (local AZ magazine) and when it went under, there wasn't anywhere else I wanted to go. If IASC would let me into the club, I'd be down to write reports and give presentations, but considering their last IG post was 110 weeks ago, I don't think that is going to happen.

Until I can retire and start a shop just to hang out in, I'll just keep buying local videos, shop T-shirts, trying to be friendly at the park, giving away used boards, and fighting with city councils not to make dumb ass decisions/pushing them to fix their bad decisions.

BRINK

« Reply #338 on: August 06, 2022, 07:44:36 PM »
Brink, I do not want to get into a personal argument with you. I'd much rather continue to hit you up when I'm in LA and have you be too busy to grab lunch  ;D (Note: this is a friendly joke, please take it as such.)

I've said this many times in my posts, there are people I like as people in these institutions, but I disagree with their decision to join these institutions. I've had arguments with multiple people in these institutions about the Olympics. None of the arguments ended with any concession to any of the points I brought up at the time. And, like I said, I want to feel bad as the contract they entered was not fulfilled by the other party, but it is hard to feel bad when they knowingly signed on to something that had a history of being terrible (the Olympics as a whole), with people who suck (Ream, Hendrix, tangentially Dyrdek, and so on), and engaged in activity that they knew many skaters were against (the sportification of skateboarding). They assumed that knew better than all of us that Olympics skateboarding was the path forward when so many had said otherwise.

And, while I think some others might have been fooled into thinking that they were doing good, the problem is that in order to be fooled they had to ignore obvious information. Similarly, I think Trump supporters think they are doing good when they make Facebook posts about "BiDeN StEaLiNg ThE ElEcTion" but they are doing significant harm to our democracy by repeating an obviously false narrative. I think Jereme Rogers thinks he is doing good when he posts about a COVID vaccine that was created 2 years ago giving someone brain cancer 22 years ago, but he is doing significant harm to our healthcare system/society with this bullshit. Everyone thinks they are doing good, but in order to believe this they have to ignore obvious signs to the contrary.

And, I've been in the industry. Once we get past the shop level, I'm not cut out for it. Every time I made the leap past the local, it was a miserable experience. I did this three times on and whether it was the media side or the industry side, it was wayyyy too cut-throat and " cool" for me. And, ethics rarely seem to exist. Everyone seems to be using everyone else. Not to mention, as we both know, the industry dramatically underpays and undervalues people. The skate industry is the last place for me. I had the most fun writing for PS118 (local AZ magazine) and when it went under, there wasn't anywhere else I wanted to go. If IASC would let me into the club, I'd be down to write reports and give presentations, but considering their last IG post was 110 weeks ago, I don't think they exist anymore.

Until then, I'll just keep buying local videos, shop T-shirts, trying to be friendly at the park, giving away used boards, and fighting with city councils not to make dumb ass decisions/fix bad decisions.

No argument at all. Just food for thought. And no one wants you to feel bad for them.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #339 on: August 06, 2022, 09:58:25 PM »
Seriously, DGAF.

Fuck the Olympics. And like I said before, I like a very very small number of people associated with it, but they all ignored the red flags when entering this. They all knew that the Olympics is an institution that bulldozes peoples homes (Rio Olympics) and is built with trafficked labor (Sochi Olympics) and harms the countries that host it, but didn't give a fuck. They knew a lot of skaters didn't want to this to be a sport, but they didn't give a fuck.

Lurper, if you wanted to pick up the torch that JENKEM dropped and create your own ethical skate media outlet, there IS a market for it, one is definitely be down to support on Patreon.

Maybe something that Carnie and others who are jaded of the industry (Duane? Haha) would be willing to join.

A skate media Co-op? A simple zine?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

BRINK

« Reply #340 on: August 06, 2022, 10:02:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Seriously, DGAF.

[close]

Lurper, if you wanted to pick up the torch that JENKEM dropped and create your own ethical skate media outlet, there IS a market for it, one is definitely be down to support on Patreon.

Maybe something that Carnie and others who are jaded of the industry (Duane? Haha) would be willing to join.

Imagine that? Doing more that posting here and complaining? Something that may actually have an impact? Brilliant. I encourage that. Heckride did it …

SR ACF

• Rep: -291
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #341 on: August 07, 2022, 12:04:30 AM »
I'd be here for that, Lurper.  In fact FuzzGNU was talking about doing a leftist skate zine. Also speaking of which, when and why exactly did Jenkem drop the torch?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #342 on: August 07, 2022, 12:53:27 AM »
I started Sober Mag after leaving Jenkem (trying to do a vision/blind thing). We did a couple articles (one anti-Olympics and one rip-off of Abbie Hoffman's "Steal This Book," which is all about how to survive with no budget; a Walker Ryan interview (an abridged version ran in PS118 and Sober ran the full-length version); Sasha (@kotoval), a dude from Russia was contributing short videos; and we started a skate-trip video "contest" eS/Studio Skateboards supported, but it was too much handle. I was working 70-80s a week in a non-skate career and my ex had some gnarly issues, which took up the rest of my energy. The mag just fell off the radar. I never even got to see the videos people sent in for the "contest" :(

I tried shifting things to PS118, but they went out of business overnight and after that happened I was over it. PS118 was fun (https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=78847.0) and could have been a cool little magazine that grew into something bigger.

I've always thought SLAP had more than enough talent to pull together a solid little magazine. If someone wants to start something, I'm still sitting on a few interviews/articles that were supposed to run in PS118.

Finally, isn't Carnie running the show up at KingShit King Skate? Or, did he cycle out when they changed the name?

BRINK

« Reply #343 on: August 07, 2022, 01:32:00 AM »
I started Sober Mag after leaving Jenkem (trying to do a vision/blind thing). We did a couple articles (one anti-Olympics and one rip-off of Abbie Hoffman's "Steal This Book," which is all about how to survive with no budget; a Walker Ryan interview (an abridged version ran in PS118 and Sober ran the full-length version); Sasha (@kotoval), a dude from Russia was contributing short videos; and we started a skate-trip video "contest" eS/Studio Skateboards supported, but it was too much handle. I was working 70-80s a week in a non-skate career and my ex had some gnarly issues, which took up the rest of my energy. The mag just fell off the radar. I never even got to see the videos people sent in for the "contest" :(

I tried shifting things to PS118, but they went out of business overnight and after that happened I was over it. PS118 was fun (https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=78847.0) and could have been a cool little magazine that grew into something bigger.

I've always thought SLAP had more than enough talent to pull together a solid little magazine. If someone wants to start something, I'm still sitting on a few interviews/articles that were supposed to run in PS118.

Finally, isn't Carnie running the show up at KingShit King Skate? Or, did he cycle out when they changed the name?

Now imagine all the people who were able to see projects through and keep them going over the decades ... with the same amount of work, multiple jobs, personal life issues, etc. on their plates ...

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #344 on: August 07, 2022, 02:04:17 AM »

Sounds like you were off to a good start, obviously having more help would’ve made things more ideal.. carnie is awesome, I roomed with him in a hotel in Melbourne for a week back in 2004, he was good company, a very interesting person. It would be nice to see a smaller print magazine in skateboarding again.. power edge and slap were two of the best skateboarding magazines in my opinion.
//////////

BRINK

« Reply #345 on: August 07, 2022, 02:24:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sounds like you were off to a good start, obviously having more help would’ve made things more ideal.. carnie is awesome, I roomed with him in a hotel in Melbourne for a week back in 2004, he was good company, a very interesting person. It would be nice to see a smaller print magazine in skateboarding again.. power edge and slap were two of the best skateboarding magazines in my opinion.

Carnie contacted me last week after he heard all about this USAS drama ... he has been avidly anti-Olympics since day one and we have been going back and forth ... maybe something will come out of it. Who knows.

assvogel

• Rep: 194
« Reply #346 on: August 07, 2022, 05:15:58 AM »
Even if you disregard how the Olympics have done things against human rights and actively harmed people living in the countries where the events have been held, I'd bet the same problems you find from the US Skateboarding can be found all over the world.

Like here there was a big push during the Olympics with big corporate sponsors and money from the Finnish Olympic Committee. But how the money was actually spend is "a bit" question mark and what has skateboarders/skateboarding got out of it.

As far as I can see, from the 80 000€ from FOC, there has been allocated 20k for hiring 2 "coaches" in 2022 and only 3 skaters have been named for the individual monetary support in 2019-2022 and the rest going for other expenses for the "sport". From the other sponsorship, I can find that one was Canon supplying new camera equipment for the person shooting photos for Finnish Skateboarding Association.

It's not been made clear if travel costs for the people who have traveled to the World Skate-events abroad have been paid by the FSA or if the skateboarders themselves had to find the money for them through own sponsorship.

So if you don't count the media exposure the skateboarding got for a brief second (and a lot of that went to the sponsors) and the TV show they made out if it, you can count the skateboarders who have gained anything from the Olympics with two hands (and maybe left feet at best).

I don't think it helped any new skateparks getting build really, as they have been rising steadily as the popularity of skateboarding has blown up in the last few years.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #347 on: August 07, 2022, 11:21:42 AM »
ps118 was tight, sucks tommy isn’t doing it anymore. surprised brink is getting hit up at all after his hundreds of weird temper tantrums here. you should never be offered a job in skating ever again.

BRINK

« Reply #348 on: August 07, 2022, 01:26:20 PM »
Even if you disregard how the Olympics have done things against human rights and actively harmed people living in the countries where the events have been held, I'd bet the same problems you find from the US Skateboarding can be found all over the world.

Like here there was a big push during the Olympics with big corporate sponsors and money from the Finnish Olympic Committee. But how the money was actually spend is "a bit" question mark and what has skateboarders/skateboarding got out of it.

As far as I can see, from the 80 000€ from FOC, there has been allocated 20k for hiring 2 "coaches" in 2022 and only 3 skaters have been named for the individual monetary support in 2019-2022 and the rest going for other expenses for the "sport". From the other sponsorship, I can find that one was Canon supplying new camera equipment for the person shooting photos for Finnish Skateboarding Association.

It's not been made clear if travel costs for the people who have traveled to the World Skate-events abroad have been paid by the FSA or if the skateboarders themselves had to find the money for them through own sponsorship.

So if you don't count the media exposure the skateboarding got for a brief second (and a lot of that went to the sponsors) and the TV show they made out if it, you can count the skateboarders who have gained anything from the Olympics with two hands (and maybe left feet at best).

I don't think it helped any new skateparks getting build really, as they have been rising steadily as the popularity of skateboarding has blown up in the last few years.

It most certainly did help skateparks get built. There is proof of that all over. The park in Jake Ilardi’s hometown for one … but tons of examples. Also skateboard sales rose 120% by june 2021 compared to the year prior. No offense but you “thinking” isn’t a substitute for statistics.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #349 on: August 07, 2022, 01:39:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Seriously, DGAF.

[close]

[close]

Imagine that? Doing more that posting here and complaining? Something that may actually have an impact? Brilliant. I encourage that. Heckride did it …

So embarrassing

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2157
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #350 on: August 07, 2022, 02:17:36 PM »
…Also skateboard sales rose 120% by june 2021 compared to the year prior.
Aye, @BRINK
Not to discount the effect that the Olympics had on skateboarding’s popularity with the public, and thereby sales, but I seem to recall a global pandemic or something, that may have also transpired in the lead-up to the Olympics.
Are we to presume that the need for individualized athletic activities that resulted from the need to socially distance contributed in no way to the commensurate, sizable uptick in sales?
Real question: no snark. Seeking clarification of your position.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #351 on: August 07, 2022, 02:22:25 PM »
It most certainly did help skateparks get built. There is proof of that all over.

I can definitely vouch for that, even some average-sized cities all around Europe have been unlocking some never-before-seen budgets for the development of skateboarding rapidly after the Olympics. In fact I think right now actually is a crucial time in terms of potential for skateboarders to position themselves as consultants and handle their local scene the way they always wished it had been handled forever.

BRINK

« Reply #352 on: August 07, 2022, 03:38:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Aye, @BRINK
Not to discount the effect that the Olympics had on skateboarding’s popularity with the public, and thereby sales, but I seem to recall a global pandemic or something, that may have also transpired in the lead-up to the Olympics.
Are we to presume that the need for individualized athletic activities that resulted from the need to socially distance contributed in no way to the commensurate, sizable uptick in sales?

They both most certainly contributed. But more proof of the Olympics’ contribution to that, sans pandemic, is only a year and a half away.

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #353 on: August 07, 2022, 04:16:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Aye, @BRINK
[close]

They both most certainly contributed. But more proof of the Olympics’ contribution to that, sans pandemic, is only a year and a half away.
Do you know how statistics actually work?

BRINK

« Reply #354 on: August 07, 2022, 04:58:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Aye, @BRINK
[close]

[close]

Ya I think? Like say I took your mom on 4 dates and banged her on 3 of them … then statistically speaking I banged her 75% of the time? Is that correct?

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #355 on: August 07, 2022, 05:12:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Aye, @BRINK
[close]

[close]
[close]

Ya I think? Like say I took your mom on 4 dates and banged her on 3 of them … then statistically speaking I banged her 75% of the time? Is that correct?
No, "like say I did something that didn't happen" is not part of statistics. "Statistically speaking" is not statistics. You could have just written "no" and we wouldn't be having this ridiculous exchange.

BRINK

« Reply #356 on: August 07, 2022, 05:15:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Aye, @BRINK
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
No, "like say I did something that didn't happen" is not part of statistics. "Statistically speaking" is not statistics. You could have just written "no" and we wouldn't be having this ridiculous exchange.

I quite like it. Just cuz your mom is involved doesn’t make it ridiculous! Also when did I say anything close to what you quoted?

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #357 on: August 07, 2022, 05:29:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Aye, @BRINK
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I quite like it. Just cuz your mom is involved doesn’t make it ridiculous! Also when did I say anything close to what you quoted?
Dude, dude, the problem isn't "Just cuz your mom is involved." The problem is that it's something that hasn't happened. You could talk about banging your own mom on three out of four dates and it's the same problem if it didn't, in fact, happen.

I directly quoted you and your asking me when you said the exact thing you said. That's not a serious question.

BRINK

« Reply #358 on: August 07, 2022, 05:30:28 PM »
Expand Quote
It most certainly did help skateparks get built. There is proof of that all over.
[close]

I can definitely vouch for that, even some average-sized cities all around Europe have been unlocking some never-before-seen budgets for the development of skateboarding rapidly after the Olympics. In fact I think right now actually is a crucial time in terms of potential for skateboarders to position themselves as consultants and handle their local scene the way they always wished it had been handled forever.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

BRINK

« Reply #359 on: August 07, 2022, 05:33:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Aye, @BRINK
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Dude, dude, the problem isn't "Just cuz your mom is involved." The problem is that it's something that hasn't happened. You could talk about banging your own mom on three out of four dates and it's the same problem if it didn't, in fact, happen.

I directly quoted you and your asking me when you said the exact thing you said. That's not a serious question.

Really don’t know your point. Provided a Y/Y skateboard equipment sales growth statistic. And know for a fact more parks have been built as a direct result of skateboarding being in the Olympics. Although I don’t know those stats off the top of my head. Not sure what part of that you are trying to counter. Or are you just one of those “disagree with Brink for sport” people? So brave.