Author Topic: Problems with USA skateboarding team  (Read 32464 times)

BRINK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -937
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Problems with USA skateboarding team
« Reply #390 on: August 07, 2022, 09:23:01 PM »
I think the equally incessant and annoying twin sibling we assumed brink absorbed in the womb survived and is @therealnod

Dude, for real. Can’t get this guy past it. I feel like even if I tell him I’m wrong he won’t stop anyway. StAtIsTiCs. 

For anyone who might care about the original purpose of this thread … in addition to all the staff and board who quit yesterday … more blows will be dealt to USAS this coming week supposedly. I don’t have any “statistics” though. Just information. Don’t believe me at all until it happens.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #391 on: August 07, 2022, 09:24:40 PM »
Despite knowing better, I'm going to briefly chime in here.

There is a park that was built in the Hague for the Dutch Olympic team (I think the Italian team trains here as well). This is a new (non-public) park, which didn't exist prior to the Olympics and was created explicitly for the Olympics.

BUT, it is reasonable to ask, if the government didn't spend money on this non-public park, would they have allocated this money to creating public parks that don't have hydraulic controlled stair sets? Or, does this park signal a shift in the Dutch gov's prioritization of developing skateparks for the public?

In terms of answering this question in the USA, USA Skateboarding could easy fund a two part study to back up their claim that Olympics = more parks: 1) Someone needs to painstakingly chart when each park in the USA was built over the past 2 decades. This will give us a nice little line graph that shows us the number of parks and if there is any change in the number of parks built each year and if the trajectory of new parks is going up (staying flat or going down). I have no idea if more parks are being built today than were being built 5 years ago, but I'd guess that there has been zero change in number of new parks per year aside from a small covid bump.

2) In terms of answering the motivation for new park creation team USA could easily fund this study: All they'd need to do is create a random sample of cities that have decided to create parks and ask the city council WHY they did this (OR request copies of the city's records related to skateparks (this can be done via a FOIL request)).

The most obvious guesses for new park creation are: A) skaters are old as dirt now and understand the political process better, which is leading to more pressure on city councils B) federal funds for covid relief were poured into city govs coffers and they decided to spend it on skateparks (among many other things). C) The long economic boom that started around 2010-ish is finally seeing its way into public coffers D) the Olympics is affecting city council level decisions or the federal gov is earmarking money for skatepark development E) more city council members rode a skateboard when they were younger and are more open to it than city council members of yesteryears F) the stigma around skateboarding has faded because it is a bunch of old men and we've lost that edge we once had.

I'd bet on skaters being old and knowing how to work the political process a bit better and a greater likelihood of city council people less hostile to skateboarding because they "were skaters when they were young." We are starting to matter as a voting block and starting to be able to relate to those in power. And, for any parks built this year or next year, we'd see a small covid bump of federal funds that city needed to "use or lose."

For my anecdotal evidence that it is skater activism at the local level:
Vancouver is going to spend 20 million on skateparks. A big reason behind this seems to be Jeff Cole's advocacy work. "Cole, a longtime skateboarder and president of the Vancouver Skateboard Coalition has been pushing for this for a long time."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vancouver-skateboard-amenity-upgrade-1.6482224

Finally, skateboarding is dying. Neither covid nor the Olympics are going to change that. Covid slightly boosted the public's interest in skateboarding, but it is still nothing compared to 2008. The Olympics created a huge blip, but it was very very shortly lived. The Olympics did not sky rocket snowboarding's popularity and it will not skyrocket skateboarding's popularity. Snowboarding has only gone down in terms of Google searches since it was introduce into the Olympics.

Using Google search web searchers and shopping searches, I believe skateboarding is dying (or is already a zombie activity) and the Olympics did nothing for snowboarding (and will do nothing for skateboarding, except in China's sport training camps).

See example 1:
Skateboarding a search term:

See example 2:
Skateboard as Google product search term:

See example 3:
Skatepark as a Google search term:

See example 4:
Skate shop as a Google search term:

See example 5:
Snowboarding as a Google search term:

Note: https://trends.google.com is a fun website. And, when making my graphs I extended the timeline as far as possible and looked at things at worldwide scale rather than a specific country.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 09:48:46 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

BRINK

« Reply #392 on: August 07, 2022, 09:27:55 PM »
Despite knowing better, I'm going to briefly chime in here.

There is a park that was built in the Hague for the Dutch Olympic team (I think the Italian team trains here as well). This is a new (non-public) park, which didn't exist prior to the Olympics and was created explicitly for the Olympics.

BUT, it is reasonable to ask, if government didn't spend money on this non-public park, would they have allocated this money to creating public parks that don't have hydraulic controlled stair sets? Or, does this park signal a shift in the Dutch gov's prioritization of developing skateparks for the public?

In terms of answering this question in the USA, USA Skateboarding could easy fund a two part study to back up their claim that Olympics = more parks: 1) Someone needs to painstakingly chart when each park in the USA was built over the past 2 decades. This will give us a nice little line graph that shows us the number of parks and if there is any change in the number of parks built each year and if the trajectory of new parks is going up (staying flat or going down). I have no idea if more parks are being built today than were being built 5 years ago, but I'd guess that there has been zero change in number of new parks per year.

2) In terms of answering the motivation for new park creation team USA could easily fund this study: All they'd need to do is create a random sample of cities that have decided to create parks and ask the city council WHY they did this (OR request copies of the city's records related to skateparks (this can be done via a FOIL request)).

The most obvious guesses for new park creation are: A) skaters are old as dirt now and understand the political process better, which is leading to more pressure on city councils B) federal funds for covid relief were poured into city govs coffers and they decided to spend it on skateparks (among many other things). C) The long economic boom that started around 2010-ish is finally seeing its way into public coffers D) the Olympics is affecting city council level decisions or the federal gov is earmarking money for skatepark development.

I'd bet on skaters being old and knowing how to work the political process a bit better. We are starting to matter as a voting block. 

For my anecdotal evidence that it is skater activism at the local level:
Vancouver is going to spend 20 million on skateparks. A big reason behind this seems to be Jeff Cole's advocacy work. "Cole, a longtime skateboarder and president of the Vancouver Skateboard Coalition has been pushing for this for a long time."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vancouver-skateboard-amenity-upgrade-1.6482224

Finally, skateboarding is dying. Nethier covid or the Olympics are going to change that. Covid slight boosted the public's interest in skateboarding, but it is possibly still nothing compared to 2008. The Olympics created a huge blip, but it was very very shortly lived. The Olympics did not sky rocket snowboarding's popularity and it will not skyrocket skateboarding's popularity.

Using Google search web searchers and shopping searches, I believe skateboarding is dying.

See example 1:
Skateboarding a search term:

See example 2:
Skateboard as Google product search term:

See example 3:
Skatepark as a Google search term:

See example 4:
Snowboarding as a Google search term:

Sorry dude, not enough statistics. Nothing you say matters.

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #393 on: August 07, 2022, 09:32:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That's not how facts work, or statistics. Are there more skateparks today than there were in...1970? Yeah, there are. Is that directly because of the Olympics?

You're just telling me you don't need any statistical proof of your claims after chastising someone about statistics. Get ahold of yourself man.
[close]

No I’m telling you there is physical proof. And I named 3 parks … aka MORE parks because of the Olympics. You’re joking now right? Telling me parks haven’t been built cuz of the Olympics? You know you can prove facts without statistics right? And I did both. Proved the uptick of board sales with a statistic and that more parks were built because of the Olympics with factual examples.
[close]

In what way have you proved that? You haven't. How many parks have closed in the same period of time? The reason to use statistics is that they help prove a claim you're making. But you admit you can't. And just saying "because of the Olympics therefore" is a fallacy called Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc. You seem to think you're dealing with a child or something. You're not.

I asked you one simple question that you have demonstrated you have insufficient knowledge to answer properly. We could easily just leave it there. Or not, I guess.
[close]

All i said was more parks have been built (which is very different than “more parks exist”) because of the olympics (the tokyo course and the ilardi park being proof) … so that’s how I proved it. Then I said more equipment has been sold because of the olympics and both are absolutely true. You havent proved otherwise either so have at it.
[close]
It's not up to me to prove otherwise because I didn't make the claim. You made a claim and you're supposed to provide the evidence that supports it. You're also the ass that told someone "you thinking isn't a substitute for statistics" while demonstrating no facility with the subject matter at all. I mean, c'mon man, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt but you're not giving me anything to work with here. You're so confident in your claims but can't provide hard evidence beyond "I know for a fact." And you cited a skatepark built specifically for the Olympics as some kind of proof that the Olympics leads to more skateparks being built. Do I have that right?
[close]

I cited 2 parks which means the olympics most certainly lead to “more” skateparks being built. I’m sure I can find more. Are you going to somehow tell me 2 isn’t “more”.  Do I have that right?
[close]
Which you claim is due *directly* because of the Olympics statistically without any statistical evidence, and one of those examples is a park built specifically for the Olympics which probably won't survive another year (that'd be my guess, it might already be torn down.) The question isn't if more things are happening, the question is why, which you claim is for a reason you can't provide evidence for. And again, you chastised someone for not being able to do something you admit you can't do yourself.
[close]

Yes the park in Ilardi’s town and the Tokyo course are directly because of the Olympics. I never said that was “statistically”. Do you need a statistic to know why the Tokyo park was built? Or that the park in Ilardi’s town was built because if him and his involvement with Team USA? What statistic are you basing the timeline of the tearing down of the Tokyo course on?
[close]
Remember when I asked you if you knew how statistics actually works and you didn't immediately say no but proceeded to demonstrate that the answer to that question is decidedly no and kept going forward with said demonstration? You're still doing it while still having not banged my mother on 75% of the dates you didn't go on. Being really, really adamant that you believe something is true doesn't make that something true. I'll say it again, you were critical of someone's supposed ignorance of statistics and have abandoned any pretense of having any of your own as supporting evidence. Beyond phantom mom banging, of course.
[close]

And I’ll say it again … they said they don’t think more skateparks were built because of the Olympics (or something close) and I named some that most certainly were. Who’s on first? It’s all good dude. Maybe were both right maybe were both wrong.
[close]
So no statistical evidence for your claim? You seemed pretty serious about that at one point, and then not. Why is it so hard to just say "I think so but I'm not sure. I can't really prove it"? It's a fine thing to say when you actually don't know something to the extent you can actually prove it. There ya go. I'm willing to be wrong if you are, but I'm not willing to pretend to be right if I'm not sure.
[close]

I gave multiple examples to prove it. Not sure why you keep going on about it. Get over it.
No, you didn't. You gave precisely two examples, one of which was ad hoc. So one example. Why do you keep pretending you have some solid evidence of something while simultaneously admitting you don't?

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #394 on: August 07, 2022, 09:36:43 PM »
Expand Quote
I think the equally incessant and annoying twin sibling we assumed brink absorbed in the womb survived and is @therealnod
[close]

Dude, for real. Can’t get this guy past it. I feel like even if I tell him I’m wrong he won’t stop anyway. StAtIsTiCs. 

BRINK

« Reply #395 on: August 07, 2022, 09:37:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That's not how facts work, or statistics. Are there more skateparks today than there were in...1970? Yeah, there are. Is that directly because of the Olympics?

You're just telling me you don't need any statistical proof of your claims after chastising someone about statistics. Get ahold of yourself man.
[close]

No I’m telling you there is physical proof. And I named 3 parks … aka MORE parks because of the Olympics. You’re joking now right? Telling me parks haven’t been built cuz of the Olympics? You know you can prove facts without statistics right? And I did both. Proved the uptick of board sales with a statistic and that more parks were built because of the Olympics with factual examples.
[close]

In what way have you proved that? You haven't. How many parks have closed in the same period of time? The reason to use statistics is that they help prove a claim you're making. But you admit you can't. And just saying "because of the Olympics therefore" is a fallacy called Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc. You seem to think you're dealing with a child or something. You're not.

I asked you one simple question that you have demonstrated you have insufficient knowledge to answer properly. We could easily just leave it there. Or not, I guess.
[close]

All i said was more parks have been built (which is very different than “more parks exist”) because of the olympics (the tokyo course and the ilardi park being proof) … so that’s how I proved it. Then I said more equipment has been sold because of the olympics and both are absolutely true. You havent proved otherwise either so have at it.
[close]
It's not up to me to prove otherwise because I didn't make the claim. You made a claim and you're supposed to provide the evidence that supports it. You're also the ass that told someone "you thinking isn't a substitute for statistics" while demonstrating no facility with the subject matter at all. I mean, c'mon man, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt but you're not giving me anything to work with here. You're so confident in your claims but can't provide hard evidence beyond "I know for a fact." And you cited a skatepark built specifically for the Olympics as some kind of proof that the Olympics leads to more skateparks being built. Do I have that right?
[close]

I cited 2 parks which means the olympics most certainly lead to “more” skateparks being built. I’m sure I can find more. Are you going to somehow tell me 2 isn’t “more”.  Do I have that right?
[close]
Which you claim is due *directly* because of the Olympics statistically without any statistical evidence, and one of those examples is a park built specifically for the Olympics which probably won't survive another year (that'd be my guess, it might already be torn down.) The question isn't if more things are happening, the question is why, which you claim is for a reason you can't provide evidence for. And again, you chastised someone for not being able to do something you admit you can't do yourself.
[close]

Yes the park in Ilardi’s town and the Tokyo course are directly because of the Olympics. I never said that was “statistically”. Do you need a statistic to know why the Tokyo park was built? Or that the park in Ilardi’s town was built because if him and his involvement with Team USA? What statistic are you basing the timeline of the tearing down of the Tokyo course on?
[close]
Remember when I asked you if you knew how statistics actually works and you didn't immediately say no but proceeded to demonstrate that the answer to that question is decidedly no and kept going forward with said demonstration? You're still doing it while still having not banged my mother on 75% of the dates you didn't go on. Being really, really adamant that you believe something is true doesn't make that something true. I'll say it again, you were critical of someone's supposed ignorance of statistics and have abandoned any pretense of having any of your own as supporting evidence. Beyond phantom mom banging, of course.
[close]

And I’ll say it again … they said they don’t think more skateparks were built because of the Olympics (or something close) and I named some that most certainly were. Who’s on first? It’s all good dude. Maybe were both right maybe were both wrong.
[close]
So no statistical evidence for your claim? You seemed pretty serious about that at one point, and then not. Why is it so hard to just say "I think so but I'm not sure. I can't really prove it"? It's a fine thing to say when you actually don't know something to the extent you can actually prove it. There ya go. I'm willing to be wrong if you are, but I'm not willing to pretend to be right if I'm not sure.
[close]

I gave multiple examples to prove it. Not sure why you keep going on about it. Get over it.
[close]
No, you didn't. You gave precisely two examples, one of which was ad hoc. So one example. Why do you keep pretending you have some solid evidence of something while simultaneously admitting you don't?

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #396 on: August 07, 2022, 09:41:45 PM »
In all seriousness, fuck that guy. If he wants to use something as an insult that he doesn't fully understand himself he deserves it.

BRINK

« Reply #397 on: August 07, 2022, 09:43:12 PM »
MEME WAR!

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #398 on: August 07, 2022, 09:43:36 PM »

a Brink thread? i’ve waited so long (not)

BRINK

« Reply #399 on: August 07, 2022, 09:45:49 PM »

Although great, The Pot is one of my least favorite songs off 10,000 Days … a title which came from the approximate time lead singer Maynard James Keenan’s mother was paralyzed before she passed away. The songs “Wings for Marie” part 1 and 2 (tracks 3 and 4 on 10,000 Days) are about his mother, Judith. I was fortunate enough to be at the Staples Center show where the band played the songs for the very first time, and Maynard broke down crying while singing them, at which point the band walked over and all hugged him. And then the show went on. Quite a beautiful moment in live Tool history and probably my favorite moment of the hundred-plus Tool shows I have seen. I don’t have any statistics though. Just ticket stubs as proof. But that probably means it didn’t happen because it’s proof not statistics.

Additionally, the first wine that Maynard’s vineyard produced was named after his mother as well.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 09:53:25 PM by BRINK »

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #400 on: August 07, 2022, 10:04:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Although great, The Pot is one of my least favorite songs off 10,000 Days … a title which came from the approximate time lead singer Maynard James Keenan’s mother was paralyzed before she passed away. The songs “Wings for Marie” part 1 and 2 (tracks 3 and 4 on 10,000 Days) are about his mother, Judith. I was fortunate enough to be at the Staples Center show where the band played the songs for the very first time, and Maynard broke down crying while singing them, at which point the band walked over and all hugged him. And then the show went on. Quite a beautiful moment in live Tool history and probably my favorite moment of the hundred-plus Tool shows I have seen. I don’t have any statistics though. Just ticket stubs as proof. But that probably means it didn’t happen because it’s proof not statistics.

Additionally, the first wine that Maynard’s vineyard produced was named after his mother as well.
JFC.

On a light-hearted note, there was a joke going around on a big Tool message board that the reason it was called 10,000 Days is because that's how long it takes them to record an album. Yeah, we all knew what it really meant, but Tool fans lean towards being insensitive.

I live a few hours away from Jerome. I can pick up some bottles for you Brink if you'll agree to let me throw them at you. At a fair pace, so you have a chance. Each one you catch is on me.

BRINK

« Reply #401 on: August 07, 2022, 10:12:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
JFC.

On a light-hearted note, there was a joke going around on a big Tool message board that the reason it was called 10,000 Days is because that's how long it takes them to record an album. Yeah, we all knew what it really meant, but Tool fans lean towards being insensitive.

I live a few hours away from Jerome. I can pick up some bottles for you Brink if you'll agree to let me throw them at you. At a fair pace, so you have a chance. Each one you catch is on me.

I was there once. Cool little zone. I liked the jail. Not much of a wine guy. Cabs and Pinots if I must.

As for how long Tool takes to record. I’m all for it. Whatever it takes because I’ve yet to be disappointed.

“It’s not good when it’s done, it’s done when it’s good.”

One of my favorite quotes and from the guitarist Adam Jones. But I don’t have any statistics. Statistically speaking though, what would be your success rate of hitting me vs. missing vs. me catching the wine bottles.

And I laugh at any Tool/Tool fan roasting. I get it. I deserve it. They deserve it. The memes rule.

My therapist and I actually had a bunch of discussions regarding the possible parallels between Tool’s music and me being on the spectrum and such a huge fan. There’s a lot of interesting stuff to dig into there.

My therapist was the one on the Depp trial who diagnosed Amber Heard with BPD and HPD. She rules so hard. Changed my life.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 10:20:30 PM by BRINK »

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #402 on: August 07, 2022, 10:33:32 PM »
can you make a tutorial on the “edit” function, Brink?

Razortail Credit Card

• Rep: -14
  • 3DXRV
« Reply #403 on: August 07, 2022, 10:39:53 PM »
THROW THAT BOB MARLEY WANNABE MOTHER FUCKER OUTTA HERE

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #404 on: August 07, 2022, 10:41:50 PM »
One of my favorite quotes and from the guitarist Adam Jones. But I don’t have any statistics. Statistically speaking though, what would be your success rate of hitting me vs. missing vs. me catching the wine bottles.
That's what we statisticians would call the data gathering process. I don't know yet, but I'm willing to test it if you are. After a number of trials we'll crunch the numbers. You can certainly quibble about the test conditions, but I think under the circumstances whatever I deem is fair is fair. Statistically speaking, of course. But for real.

BRINK

« Reply #405 on: August 07, 2022, 10:55:05 PM »
can you make a tutorial on the “edit” function, Brink?

Yes. Type your shit. Find a typo or think of something else to add. Click “modify” and go HAM. Then click “post” …

Get it straight though dude … it’s MODIFY.

BRINK

« Reply #406 on: August 07, 2022, 10:55:31 PM »

Real ones know.

BRINK

« Reply #407 on: August 07, 2022, 10:56:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's what we statisticians would call the data gathering process. I don't know yet, but I'm willing to test it if you are. After a number of trials we'll crunch the numbers. You can certainly quibble about the test conditions, but I think under the circumstances whatever I deem is fair is fair. Statistically speaking, of course. But for real.

Might as well do it right there by the jail. Fuck it.

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #408 on: August 07, 2022, 11:29:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

That doesn't really help with the collection process, but it does indicate that you're already crying about it.
You seem to have some kind of focus on sex and incarceration. It seems I may have come across a mind that needs some sort of professional guidance that I lack the expertise to provide. For that I'm sorry.

Razortail Credit Card

• 3DXRV
« Reply #409 on: August 07, 2022, 11:42:55 PM »
So you guys know that Brink's semen is going for top dollar on the black market right? You might be a handjob away from that luxurious Supreme velour track suit you've had your eye on since you started skating a couple days ago

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #410 on: August 07, 2022, 11:59:03 PM »
What's worse? Tool, or this thread? I can't look away from this train wreck.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

SR ACF

• Rep: -291
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #411 on: August 08, 2022, 12:04:20 AM »

Ya I think? Like say I took your mom on 4 dates and banged her on 3 of them … then statistically speaking I banged her 75% of the time? Is that correct?

Who needs statistics when the only required proof for how fucked the Olympics and the US team are is right here in front of us: that somebody who insults people in that way in 2022 is allowed anywhere near the young athletes, even paid money by the very organisation.

This entire thread is a textbook demonstration of how toxic masculinity can ruin even the noblest of causes.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #412 on: August 08, 2022, 12:08:20 AM »
Do you guys prefer the blueberry bagels where the blueberries are scattered throughout, still whole, or where the blueberries are all mixed in, pretty much dissolved into the batter?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

BRINK

« Reply #413 on: August 08, 2022, 12:15:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
That doesn't really help with the collection process, but it does indicate that you're already crying about it.
You seem to have some kind of focus on sex and incarceration. It seems I may have come across a mind that needs some sort of professional guidance that I lack the expertise to provide. For that I'm sorry.

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #414 on: August 08, 2022, 12:15:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Real ones know.

Live show, Dallas Texas (I think) circa ‘91..? Live intro to one of my least favorite songs by them.
//////////

BRINK

« Reply #415 on: August 08, 2022, 12:20:14 AM »
Expand Quote

Ya I think? Like say I took your mom on 4 dates and banged her on 3 of them … then statistically speaking I banged her 75% of the time? Is that correct?
[close]

Who needs statistics when the only required proof for how fucked the Olympics and the US team are is right here in front of us: that somebody who insults people in that way in 2022 is allowed anywhere near the young athletes, even paid money by the very organisation.

This entire thread is a textbook demonstration of how toxic masculinity can ruin even the noblest of causes.

Note to self: Don’t add “have insulted people” to my resume. Phew … thank god all my insulting and ToXiC MaScUlInItY didn’t show up on my USAS background checks and I was still able to be gainfully employed and ruining skateboarding for 4 years.

BRINK

« Reply #416 on: August 08, 2022, 12:21:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Real ones know.
[close]

Live show, Dallas Texas (I think) circa ‘91..? Live intro to one of my least favorite songs by them.

Not sure off the top if my head but maybe!

Razortail Credit Card

• 3DXRV
« Reply #417 on: August 08, 2022, 12:22:56 AM »
Do you guys prefer the blueberry bagels where the blueberries are scattered throughout, still whole, or where the blueberries are all mixed in, pretty much dissolved into the batter?
Love bagels, hate blueberry bagels. Blueberry muffins on the other hand, could get it. Pancakes too

BRINK

« Reply #418 on: August 08, 2022, 12:25:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Love bagels, hate blueberry bagels. Blueberry muffins on the other hand, could get it. Pancakes too

I can’t disclose this info now because of the bagel book I am working on. Stay tuned.

Just so you know … in addition to fresh or frozen blueberries, many bagel shops use blueberry crystals, which help to color the dough “blue” better than the blueberries themselves do. Also many egg bagels contain little to no egg at all, just yellow dye, sometimes referred to as “egg shade”. However, I only worked in a bagel shop for 8 years making them all. I don’t have statistics, so all this probably isn’t true.

Razortail Credit Card

• 3DXRV
« Reply #419 on: August 08, 2022, 12:28:11 AM »
You do you, Brink. Whatever it takes to slang that baby batter, flavor it up if need be