Author Topic: Problems with USA skateboarding team  (Read 32387 times)

jrb32

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2549
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Problems with USA skateboarding team
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 01:16:33 PM »
Who could've predicted this?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 01:19:09 PM »
does anyone here really care?

I'm fairly stoked tbh
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 01:33:28 PM »
If I recollect correct, these guys are actually masquerading as a skateboard organization, when in fact, they were, prior to their current incarnation, the governing body of competive rollerskating/inline sports competitions.
My hard drive may be glitching on this file recall, but I’m pretty certain these fucks have no business speaking on behalf of skateboarders at all.
We probably owe ol’ Brinky a collective thank you & a pat on the back for shining the spotlight on these turkeys’ mismanagement.
I’m gonna guess they fucked him over personally, or maybe some friends of his & he decided he wasn’t having it.
Now if only he can get skating removed from the Olympics altogether, I’ll buy him a steak dinner to go with that back pat.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 01:36:20 PM »
@BRINK YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS BRO?!

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2022, 01:40:19 PM »
A group that oversees something to do with the Olympics turns out to be shady? This has gotta be a first.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2022, 01:42:22 PM »
Gotta say his name THREE times.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 618
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2022, 01:42:32 PM »
Fuck em

BRINK

• Rep: -937
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2022, 01:42:35 PM »

Hahaah I’m the whistleblower. Peep my IG stories. They owe me and others a LOT of money. But that’s nothing compared to the absolute trainwreck the org has become overall and how fucked the people currently running it are being. Way bigger problems. And I likely won’t even get paid at this point for talking but fuck it. I’m going with it. The people need to know.

BRINK

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2022, 01:50:13 PM »
Weren't there complaints  prior to the olympics that US rollers sport was taking advantage of USAskateboarding for profit/ego.

I'm not surprised if anything "Team USA" related turned out to be shit show at the executive level.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2022, 01:51:42 PM »
how very usa of them

fuckin dude held a board with a napkin

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2022, 01:53:18 PM »
I mean Jah don't show up for pennies folks.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 585
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2022, 02:02:27 PM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2022, 02:11:47 PM »
i didnt know the olympics wasnt paying their employees, maybe theyre more core than i thought

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2022, 02:23:27 PM »
i didnt know the olympics wasnt paying their employees, maybe theyre more core than i thought

Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2022, 02:37:02 PM »
Nice work Brink

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 618
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2022, 02:40:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hahaah I’m the whistleblower. Peep my IG stories. They owe me and others a LOT of money. But that’s nothing compared to the absolute trainwreck the org has become overall and how fucked the people currently running it are being. Way bigger problems. And I likely won’t even get paid at this point for talking but fuck it. I’m going with it. The people need to know.

Great work, but maybe don't dilute the important information in your IG stories with a trillion stupid memes?

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2022, 02:50:32 PM »
If I recollect correct, these guys are actually masquerading as a skateboard organization, when in fact, they were, prior to their current incarnation, the governing body of competive rollerskating/inline sports competitions.
My hard drive may be glitching on this file recall, but I’m pretty certain these fucks have no business speaking on behalf of skateboarders at all.
We probably owe ol’ Brinky a collective thank you & a pat on the back for shining the spotlight on these turkeys’ mismanagement.
I’m gonna guess they fucked him over personally, or maybe some friends of his & he decided he wasn’t having it.
Now if only he can get skating removed from the Olympics altogether, I’ll buy him a steak dinner to go with that back pat.

Skateboarding in the Olympics is a good thing.  It doesn't affect you but it does legitimize something globally that could potentially help more kids start skating.  The more kids/people skate, the better our industry does on a national and global scale. 

Also, I think you're referring to Worldskate which is a global entity that governs all sports performed on skating wheels which certainly applies to skateboarding. 

In general, what happens globally at this level in terms of how they handle skateboarding doesn't really affect your ability to go skate with your friends so I don't know why your panties are in a bunch. 

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 797
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2022, 02:53:38 PM »
.Who cares. Should never have been in the Olympics...

Frank and Fred

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2022, 03:00:38 PM »

Skateboarding in the Olympics is a good thing. 

Nope.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -296
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2022, 03:01:34 PM »
.Who cares. Should never have been in the Olympics...

The correct answer.

BRINK

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2022, 03:12:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Great work, but maybe don't dilute the important information in your IG stories with a trillion stupid memes?

It's not diluted as I have mainstream media hitting me up and the word is spreading ... and you are here talking about it. Leave the publishing and content syndication strategy to the guy who's been doing it professionally for 22 years. Get the info, enjoy the memes and leave the rest to me.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2022, 03:19:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Seems like Sinclair has his hands in everything these days.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2022, 03:24:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nope.

Why is it a bad thing?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2022, 03:25:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Skateboarding in the Olympics is a good thing.  It doesn't affect you but it does legitimize something globally that could potentially help more kids start skating.  The more kids/people skate, the better our industry does on a national and global scale. 

Also, I think you're referring to Worldskate which is a global entity that governs all sports performed on skating wheels which certainly applies to skateboarding. 

In general, what happens globally at this level in terms of how they handle skateboarding doesn't really affect your ability to go skate with your friends so I don't know why your panties are in a bunch.
You’re perfectly entitled to that opinion.
I disagree with you. My opinion is that YOUR opinion is rubbish & you can put it directly back into the dustbin you just hoisted it out of.
And to be clear, I was referring to USARS, which lead the effort as the designated US representative of FIRS.
Just because FIRS claims that ANY roller sports falls under their jurisdiction of oversight does not mean that they deserve the right to call the shots for skateboarders, when, prior to the Olympic push for skateboarding, they never had any association with skateboarding in this (or any?) country at all.
I’ll leave you with an agreement to disagree & a polite Fuck You.

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2022, 03:26:28 PM »
Damn. As someone who goes through audits for work , that fucked. Surely there is some potential jail time for some of those breaches. No financial polices ?

Frank and Fred

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2022, 03:32:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Nope.
[close]

Why is it a bad thing?

How is it good?

For who?

It turns a fruitful culture into a standardized routine, making money for an ethically questionable entity. Just shitty all around. It was terrible to watch also.

I'd rather watch the Rugby 7s if I'm going to watch any Olympic nonsense. Really.

The Olympics are dying in appeal. We don't need it. Skateboarding certainly doesn't need to sweep homeless camps, exploit laborers and whitewash our cities to have a good time.

BRINK

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2022, 03:36:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Gotta say his name THREE times.

Still beating this dead horse of a joke … still not willing to take the bet I offered either … $100 … hell I’ll do $500.

BRINK

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2022, 03:37:08 PM »
Damn. As someone who goes through audits for work , that fucked. Surely there is some potential jail time for some of those breaches. No financial polices ?

👏🏻