Author Topic: Problems with USA skateboarding team  (Read 31898 times)

JRF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 145
Re: Problems with USA skateboarding team
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2022, 01:51:36 AM »
Pick your pool, brahs …

upload pic

https://twitter.com/Max_Wettstein/status/1550718205013815296?s=20&t=u9KLa8mdfRUVxIvbhKmdqw

That tweet is terrible.. dear max, not everyone who posts their opinions here is a “keyboard warrior”. In fact, I bet that at least 90% of the people who post here genuinely care as much, (probably a hell of lot more) about skateboarding as you do. So, your upset because you don’t like the opinions people expressed  about you here on the forum? so you though that it was a good idea to go on twitter and do the same thing that annoyed you about what people had to say about you on this forum? That makes a lot of sense.. if the popularity of skateboarding died like it did in the early 90’s you wouldn’t bother talking about anything pertaining to skateboarding… “pick your pools”? that shit sounds like something that someone, completely out of touch with skateboarding’s culture would say..so basically, you do sound like a skate dad who is a beacon of light to the problem of skateboarding culture’s second hand embarrassment dilemma.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 04:22:40 AM by JRF »
//////////

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2022, 02:10:51 AM »
40 years

JRF

« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2022, 02:51:03 AM »
After watching the video and reading the first 3 comments on that tweet I’ve come to the realization that this dude is much more embarrassing than 2nd hand embarrassment.. the comment that one of those dipshits wrote in response to his tweet was “max just carved you up, get it” my fucking god! That’s gotta be the worst play on words I’ve ever read, makes me want to rinse my eyes out with bleach and hull cleaner!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 03:01:18 AM by JRF »
//////////

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2022, 03:54:18 AM »

That tweet is terrible.. dear max, not everyone who posts their opinions here is a “keyboard warrior”. In fact, I bet that at least 90% of the people who post here genuinely care as much, (probably a hell of lot more) about skateboarding as you do. So, your upset because you don’t like the opinions people expressed  about you here on the forum? so you though that it was a good idea to go on twitter and do the same thing that annoyed you about what people had to say about you on this forum? That makes a lot of sense.. if the popularity of skateboarding died like it did in the early 90’s you wouldn’t bother talking about anything pertaining to skateboarding… “pick your pools”? that shit sounds like something that someone, completely out of touch with skateboarding’s culture would say..so basically, you do sound like a skate dad who is a beacon of light for the skateboarding culture’s second hand embarrassment dilemma.
Keyboard warrior is just the new insult knuckleheads know is ok to call people. They can't say nerd or any of the homophobic ones they no doubt used until fairly recently so things like keyboard warrior or incel are the go-tos

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2022, 04:02:29 AM »
Woah woah woah, why are we glossing over the cake talk? Any chance it was chocolate cake?
Yes THANK YOU for getting back to the real questions!!
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

JRF

« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2022, 04:08:48 AM »
Expand Quote

That tweet is terrible.. dear max, not everyone who posts their opinions here is a “keyboard warrior”. In fact, I bet that at least 90% of the people who post here genuinely care as much, (probably a hell of lot more) about skateboarding as you do. So, your upset because you don’t like the opinions people expressed  about you here on the forum? so you though that it was a good idea to go on twitter and do the same thing that annoyed you about what people had to say about you on this forum? That makes a lot of sense.. if the popularity of skateboarding died like it did in the early 90’s you wouldn’t bother talking about anything pertaining to skateboarding… “pick your pools”? that shit sounds like something that someone, completely out of touch with skateboarding’s culture would say..so basically, you do sound like a skate dad who is a beacon of light for the skateboarding culture’s second hand embarrassment dilemma.
[close]
Keyboard warrior is just the new insult knuckleheads know is ok to call people. They can't say nerd or any of the homophobic ones they no doubt used until fairly recently so things like keyboard warrior or incel are the go-tos
I can see that for sure.
//////////

JRF

« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2022, 04:10:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Woah woah woah, why are we glossing over the cake talk? Any chance it was chocolate cake?
[close]

I’d like to know just how many candles were on this cake.
//////////

SR ACF

• Rep: -291
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2022, 04:28:54 AM »
Is JRF just Brink's second account?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2022, 05:10:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It was an oreo ice cream cake! Quite divine.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2022, 05:25:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

The older one gets, the more candles on the cake they need because it's more wax to compensate for weak speed due to aging legs, actually makes a whole lot of sense. This two third of a foot isn't going to slide itself.

Now for random cake fun facts:

"In the United Kingdom, value added tax is payable on chocolate-covered biscuits, but not on chocolate-covered cakes.[13][14] McVities defended its classification of Jaffa Cakes as cakes at a VAT tribunal in 1991, against the ruling that Jaffa cakes were biscuits due to their size and shape, and the fact that they were often eaten in place of biscuits.[15] McVities insisted that the product was a cake, and produced a giant Jaffa Cake in court to illustrate its point.[15]

The court discounted the expert evidence, as it went beyond the capacity of an ordinary purchaser.[16]

The product was assessed on the following criteria:[17][18]

The product's name was regarded as a minor consideration.
The ingredients were regarded as similar to those of a cake, producing a thin cake-like mixture rather than the thick dough of a biscuit.
The product's texture was regarded as being that of a sponge cake.
The product hardens when stale, in the manner of a cake.
A substantial part of a Jaffa Cake, in terms of bulk and texture, is sponge.
In size, a Jaffa Cake is more like a biscuit than a cake.
The product was generally displayed for sale alongside other biscuits, rather than with cakes.
The product is presented as a snack and eaten with the fingers, like a biscuit, rather than with a fork as a cake might be. The tribunal also considered that children would eat them in "a few mouthfuls", in the manner of a sweet.
The court was adjudicated by Mr Donald Potter QC, who found in favour of McVitie's and ruled that whilst Jaffa Cakes had characteristics of both cakes and biscuits, the product should be considered a cake, meaning that VAT is not paid on Jaffa Cakes in the United Kingdom.[13][19] Mr Potter QC also expressed that Jaffa Cakes were not biscuits.[20]

The Irish Revenue Commissioners also regard Jaffa Cakes as cakes, since their moisture content is greater than 12%. As a result, they are charged the reduced rate of VAT (13.5% as of 2016).[21]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaffa_Cakes

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2022, 06:40:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

There was one squiggly candle. Sorta like something you'd see in a Dr. Seuss book. I really enjoyed it.

My parents got me a gift card for Bed Bath & Beyond because I'm in the processing of remodeling my kitchen. Any suggestions on fun things to cop?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2022, 06:53:06 AM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2022, 08:07:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

It was an oreo ice cream cake! Quite divine.
Dude that sounds delicious. Was your friend Sweeney there? Was he being a bit of a goose?
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2022, 08:23:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

There was one squiggly candle. Sorta like something you'd see in a Dr. Seuss book. I really enjoyed it.

My parents got me a gift card for Bed Bath & Beyond because I'm in the processing of remodeling my kitchen. Any suggestions on fun things to cop?
Every time I read or hear Bed Bath and Beyond this pops into my head
https://youtu.be/7ZYsoEwWNK0

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2022, 08:26:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
Every time I read or hear Bed Bath and Beyond this pops into my head
https://youtu.be/7ZYsoEwWNK0

You can rest assured that I will MAKE the time to get to Bed Bath and Beyond.

And no, Sweeney didn't make it :(

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2022, 08:39:30 AM »
Are they funny to, I don't know let's say: a lawyer trying to build a case against you on behalf of the very people you're trying to get indicted. Like is it so far fetched to suggest you might have also found it funny to share such memes with the Olympic team's athletes some.of whom are very underage?

Playing devil's advocate here but you just can't seriously argue against these unfunny memes (because they really aren't, just cringey dad humour) diluting your primary cause. You posted it on here yourself earlier: Stay on topic!

Brink is an Adult and can post whatever he wants, I don´t see any problem with that, also He can make a Highlight of the stories for future viewing without memes.
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2022, 08:39:57 AM »
guys it was my birthday on Sunday

Happy belated my Leo friend.
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2022, 08:47:26 AM »
I wish I was an assistant coach for woman’s Olympic skateboarding.

I don’t even care about the money or what country I just want to do it.

I think about it from time to time.
I would really like to help attract a new generation of girls to the art of making skate video parts.

I would maybe try and get parents of kids from woman’s Olympic snowboarding to crossover maybe?

I believe I could create the competition skateboarding messiah in 6 years or less.

https://youtu.be/Pf-Lmq1nKQE

JohnnEE Earthquake understands the power of a Grrl on a Skateboard.

The only thing that’s cooler to Grrl with a skateboard is Grrl with a microphone and a drum set.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2022, 09:07:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

The older one gets, the more candles on the cake they need because it's more wax to compensate for weak speed due to aging legs, actually makes a whole lot of sense. This two third of a foot isn't going to slide itself.

Now for random cake fun facts:

"In the United Kingdom, value added tax is payable on chocolate-covered biscuits, but not on chocolate-covered cakes.[13][14] McVities defended its classification of Jaffa Cakes as cakes at a VAT tribunal in 1991, against the ruling that Jaffa cakes were biscuits due to their size and shape, and the fact that they were often eaten in place of biscuits.[15] McVities insisted that the product was a cake, and produced a giant Jaffa Cake in court to illustrate its point.[15]

The court discounted the expert evidence, as it went beyond the capacity of an ordinary purchaser.[16]

The product was assessed on the following criteria:[17][18]

The product's name was regarded as a minor consideration.
The ingredients were regarded as similar to those of a cake, producing a thin cake-like mixture rather than the thick dough of a biscuit.
The product's texture was regarded as being that of a sponge cake.
The product hardens when stale, in the manner of a cake.
A substantial part of a Jaffa Cake, in terms of bulk and texture, is sponge.
In size, a Jaffa Cake is more like a biscuit than a cake.
The product was generally displayed for sale alongside other biscuits, rather than with cakes.
The product is presented as a snack and eaten with the fingers, like a biscuit, rather than with a fork as a cake might be. The tribunal also considered that children would eat them in "a few mouthfuls", in the manner of a sweet.
The court was adjudicated by Mr Donald Potter QC, who found in favour of McVitie's and ruled that whilst Jaffa Cakes had characteristics of both cakes and biscuits, the product should be considered a cake, meaning that VAT is not paid on Jaffa Cakes in the United Kingdom.[13][19] Mr Potter QC also expressed that Jaffa Cakes were not biscuits.[20]

The Irish Revenue Commissioners also regard Jaffa Cakes as cakes, since their moisture content is greater than 12%. As a result, they are charged the reduced rate of VAT (13.5% as of 2016).[21]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaffa_Cakes

while that one is totally true, there was a most likely apocryphal rumour that mcdonalds had to put gherkins in their burgers because if they didn't the sugar content of the bread meant they'd be classified as cakes and subject to higher tax. lord knows why adding a gherkin to something makes it count as a savoury if meat and cheese won't. lol.

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2022, 09:35:23 AM »
It will take 40 more years for Max to discover the term "scum line"

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2022, 09:36:03 AM »
After watching the video and reading the first 3 comments on that tweet I’ve come to the realization that this dude is much more embarrassing than 2nd hand embarrassment.. the comment that one of those dipshits wrote in response to his tweet was “max just carved you up, get it” my fucking god! That’s gotta be the worst play on words I’ve ever read, makes me want to rinse my eyes out with bleach and hull cleaner!

I'm embarrassed to have skated that same pool. I'm gonna have to burn some sage or something next time I'm there to ward off the lingering kook

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2022, 10:11:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I'm a big fan of those magnetic knife holders, and I dig cool new appliances like immersion blenders and sous vide sticks - maybe oneof those ceiling things you can hang all your pots/pans on. We'll need to see the before and after pics.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2022, 10:41:19 AM »
If you don’t already have a digital instant-read thermometer, you should definitely get one of those.
maybe a carbon steel fry pan and wok.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 11:06:16 AM by mattdlx »
SPB!

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2022, 10:54:55 AM »

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2022, 11:00:26 AM »
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2022, 11:01:57 AM »
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2022, 11:02:39 AM »

tonitonne

« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2022, 11:34:25 AM »
Max is a rollerblader and so is brink.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2155
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2022, 11:39:26 AM »
If you don’t already have a digital instant-read thermometer, you should definitely get one of those.
I think @mattdlx is onto something.
In fact, he’s got me thinking: depending on how strong your “Tyshawn of FA” game is already, this could be a great opportunity to pick up some of that much discussed cast-iron cookware, on the free.
Pretty sure Bloodbath & Beyond has a selection for you to choose from.
Happy belated to the mighty Berra Slayer, by the way.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2022, 12:09:01 PM »

ooh this is a good idea. I have a digital thermometer but it's kinda cheap. Adding that to the list!