Author Topic: Problems with USA skateboarding team  (Read 32307 times)

rukes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
Re: Problems with USA skateboarding team
« Reply #630 on: August 12, 2022, 03:28:19 AM »
Can you guys sign these petitions to ban NYC horse drawn carriages because they are dying in the heat.

https://www.change.org/p/ban-horse-drawn-carriages

Neigh
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

BRINK

• Rep: -937
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #631 on: August 12, 2022, 02:53:45 PM »

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -347
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #632 on: August 12, 2022, 07:15:10 PM »
can one of the mods show mercy and ban brink?
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #633 on: August 13, 2022, 07:57:55 AM »
Btw I  can recommend horse steak 10/10. Very juicy and more flavour compared to beef.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #634 on: August 13, 2022, 03:50:45 PM »
Btw I  can recommend horse steak 10/10. Very juicy and more flavour compared to beef.

Isn’t that technically fancy dog food?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 578
« Reply #635 on: August 13, 2022, 04:19:02 PM »
I ate horse tartare once. The fanciest fancy dog food.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #636 on: August 13, 2022, 05:11:42 PM »

Man, I can only imagine the nice healthy sheen your coat must have had afterwards

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #637 on: August 13, 2022, 05:19:33 PM »

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #638 on: August 13, 2022, 09:56:46 PM »
This whole thread is really fucking strange .. It would of been something to see the max/brink beef settled with an la daggers ditch style joust.. I think that would’ve been far more productive and meaningful..
//////////

Resident Jeff

• Rep: 20
« Reply #639 on: August 14, 2022, 12:38:12 AM »

My old man has had horse sashimi a few times in Japan, reckons it’s pretty decent.
Reschs Refreshes

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #640 on: August 14, 2022, 01:28:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No it's very good. Much tastier than beef. In Belgium several restaurants specialize in horse meat, especially around the town of Vilvoorde, check this juicy steak:

https://restodekuiper.com/paardensteak/

@BRINK yo you should check it out if you are in Belgium sometime with the USA skateboarding team.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
« Reply #641 on: August 14, 2022, 05:06:24 AM »
usa skateboarding under fire from equine lobby after horse steak team building dinner

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 578
« Reply #642 on: August 14, 2022, 05:36:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Man, I can only imagine the nice healthy sheen your coat must have had afterwards

I also had brighter eyes and less trips to the vet!
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

BRINK

« Reply #643 on: August 14, 2022, 06:53:57 AM »

Not much different than when anyone from Slap grows a conscience and a set of balls and hits my DMs … this is always how it eventually plays out …

Friendly reminder … sexual harassment allegations against a current USA Skateboarding board member … and almost three months of wage theft. I’m probably the only human in the planet Slap would ignore that and choose to insult instead. Keep up the great work guys.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #644 on: August 14, 2022, 07:41:02 AM »
It’s almost like your masochistic forays onto the board overshadow whatever message your trying to get out (as if this hasn’t been explained ad nauseum to you).   

If you don’t get a little thrill about the abuse you engender here, I have to seriously wonder what your game is.   For us to not like the Team USA Olympic leaders?   I think that box was ticked 3 years ago.   For us to be outraged and do what?   Not buy team USA skate products?  Demand change in an organization the majority of us are indifferent to at best?

It sucks that they didn’t pay you, but it sounds like you should be using some of that crypto money to hire a lawyer rather than begging for sympathy from a place that you go out of your way to make yourself unwelcome. 

BRINK

« Reply #645 on: August 14, 2022, 07:54:33 AM »
It’s almost like your masochistic forays onto the board overshadow whatever message your trying to get out (as if this hasn’t been explained ad nauseum to you).   

If you don’t get a little thrill about the abuse you engender here, I have to seriously wonder what your game is.   For us to not like the Team USA Olympic leaders?   I think that box was ticked 3 years ago.   For us to be outraged and do what?   Not buy team USA skate products?  Demand change in an organization the majority of us are indifferent to at best?

It sucks that they didn’t pay you, but it sounds like you should be using some of that crypto money to hire a lawyer rather than begging for sympathy from a place that you go out of your way to make yourself unwelcome. 

Who is begging for anything?

I thought y’all were smart? How can my “game” be that confusing?

For as unwelcome as I am, you sure have a lot to say to me …

And please explain to me how showing up to tell the truth or defend myself is “making myself unwelcome”? That sounds like some bully shit right there. I’ve never done a thing besides those 2 things.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 08:11:50 AM by BRINK »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #646 on: August 14, 2022, 08:10:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I used to defend you too!   And it’s not that you’re “unwelcome” per se, but this version of you is grinding everyone’s gears and I think you know it and I think you’re purposefully perpetuating it to either fuck with us, feel like a martyr, or both.

BRINK

« Reply #647 on: August 14, 2022, 08:13:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I used to defend you too!   And it’s not that you’re “unwelcome” per se, but this version of you is grinding everyone’s gears and I think you know it and I think you’re purposefully perpetuating it to either fuck with us, feel like a martyr, or both.

By “grinding everyone’s gears” I think you mean “standing up for yourself.” Right? I’ve rarely said a thing on this board that didn’t stem from me responding to a mistruth or an insult.

Do you get it yet? That you guys only hate on me because I’ve come here to stand up for myself (only after being mocked) and never backed down?

And how would me coming here make me look like a “martyr”? How does that work and benefit me exactly?

Also interesting that you ignored the part about the dude who was clowning me for days admitting he didn’t know shit. And most of you piled on with him. Why? Because witch hunting me is more fun for you guys than the truth is and you’ve proven it time and time again.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 08:20:50 AM by BRINK »

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1062
« Reply #648 on: August 14, 2022, 09:21:37 AM »

Not much different than when anyone from Slap grows a conscience and a set of balls and hits my DMs … this is always how it eventually plays out …

Friendly reminder … sexual harassment allegations against a current USA Skateboarding board member … and almost three months of wage theft. I’m probably the only human in the planet Slap would ignore that and choose to insult instead. Keep up the great work guys.

Granted I haven’t been following this thread that closely but when was sexual harassment introduced?

We know about the wage theft and I’m sure most of us don’t care—it will be sorted. But The sexual harassment is new news to me.

Who’s accused? Name names.

So far this thread has been all smoke and no fire. Are you tied up with an NDA?

Give us some deets or write an article. I haven’t seen any articles from you. Can’t you get the story behind this report out?

BRINK

« Reply #649 on: August 14, 2022, 09:36:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Granted I haven’t been following this thread that closely but when was sexual harassment introduced?

We know about the wage theft and I’m sure most of us don’t care—it will be sorted. But The sexual harassment is new news to me.

Give us some deets or write an article. I haven’t seen any articles from you. Can’t you get the story behind this report out?

Mentioned it days ago. Everyone was too busy looking to insult me. No NDA. Not naming names yet on the harassment. Not until the USOPC and Safe Sport investigation ends and the person is sorted out. I named tons of names on my IG and explained everything there multiple times for the last 3 weeks.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1062
« Reply #650 on: August 14, 2022, 10:05:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Mentioned it days ago. Everyone was too busy looking to insult me. No NDA. Not naming names yet on the harassment. Not until the USOPC and Safe Sport investigation ends and the person is sorted out. I named tons of names on my IG and explained everything there multiple times for the last 3 weeks.

Thanks. I’m not on IG so I guess I’ll just wait for it to come out in due time.

I think there needs to be a story interpreting the score card cause I looked at it and w/o context it just looked like a really poorly run organization which is not that interesting on the surface. I’d like to hear who did what to fuck up so bad. Don’t let Nieratko scoop you…

boogs

« Reply #651 on: August 14, 2022, 10:33:47 AM »
playing the victim is the weakest defense

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #652 on: August 14, 2022, 10:55:30 AM »
Another sexual harassment/assault coming USA Skateboarding? We are one Olympics in and already two big scandals with this org?

As for @HereFortheBeer, "I felt like a black man at the KKK." What a bullshit and tone deaf analogy. How do people like this end up in positions of power? Let's try making his analogy a bit better, "I felt like Lyle Lanley landing in North Haverbrook after selling them the monorail."

Finally, considering HereForTheBeer's stupid ass name, him playing the victim, and USA Skateboarding sexual assault history, I can't help but think of this:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 11:03:40 AM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #653 on: August 14, 2022, 09:20:38 PM »
Another sexual harassment/assault coming USA Skateboarding? We are one Olympics in and already two big scandals with this org?

The USA Olympic skateboarding team is shaping up to be an all star roster

Brian patch
Neal hendrix
That pedo filmer for create skates (or whatever it’s called
Daryl angel
KA
Gator
Al Davis

Who else am I forgetting?
//////////

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #654 on: August 14, 2022, 11:54:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Brian patch
Neal hendrix
Daryl angel
KA
Gator
Al Davis

Johan Stuckey might be able to get a spot on the team as well.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #655 on: August 14, 2022, 11:54:49 PM »
If this hasn't been discussed already, make a claim with DLSE for back wages. They will set up an appointment time for both parties and will assess penalties on the spot.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #656 on: August 15, 2022, 12:43:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Brian patch
Neal hendrix
Daryl angel
KA
Gator
Al Davis

[close]

Yonnie

BRINK

« Reply #657 on: August 15, 2022, 02:20:40 AM »
If this hasn't been discussed already, make a claim with DLSE for back wages. They will set up an appointment time for both parties and will assess penalties on the spot.

Ya we (3 of us) are lawyered up have all done that. The org and their supposed lawfirm (which we think has bailed on them because they are such an unmanageable / unrepairable shit show) are ignoring us for months. Waiting it out. In case you missed it, we are not owed back wages … we are owed expense reimbursements, PTO and severances that are legally supposed to be paid out on our last day. Even if / when we get paid it’ll leave them with almost zero operating budget because we know what they had before we left and when sponsorship renewals come in, if at all, lmao. In the meantime I feel the stuff they are doing needs to be told.

BRINK

« Reply #658 on: August 15, 2022, 02:25:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

No it's very good. Much tastier than beef. In Belgium several restaurants specialize in horse meat, especially around the town of Vilvoorde, check this juicy steak:

https://restodekuiper.com/paardensteak/

@BRINK yo you should check it out if you are in Belgium sometime with the USA skateboarding team.

Haha.

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #659 on: August 15, 2022, 03:47:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Brian patch
Neal hendrix
Daryl angel
KA
Gator
Al Davis

[close]

I think you're mistaken, Johan has spots to give.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?