Author Topic: Malmo (and Copenhagen) 2022  (Read 583 times)

Grant Patronik

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 16
Malmo (and Copenhagen) 2022
« on: July 28, 2022, 02:13:55 PM »
Visiting Malmo and Copenhagen in a few weeks for a skate trip. Staying in CPH but planning to take a few day trips to Malmo as well. Read some of the other threads on Copenhagen and have mapped out a lot of spots. Looking for more info on Malmo, but CPH recommendations appreciated as well. Talking must visit spots, must try local dishes, good restaurants, bars to check out, etc. Thanks in advance for the help!

Not A Damn Chance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 92
  • Banned from Slam
Re: Malmo (and Copenhagen) 2022
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 07:08:51 PM »
I’m not local but have visited both a couple times. I usually would take day trips to Malmo. On the train there is random border checks for Sweden entry and you will need your passport. Maybe this is very obvious but I made this mistake the first time I visited and Sweden border patrol sent me back. I had to go back to my hotel to get my passport. Minor setback.
Definitely check out the plaza outside Malmo Konsthall. You’ve definitely seen it before. There’s a couple more skate friendly plazas outside of metro stations in Malmo, it’s great.
Bryggeriet indoor skatepark is worth checking out. I wish I could have attended a place like this growing up, very cool.
Train banks isn’t too far from Bryggeriet and is also worth checking out. It’s a reality check and can be pretty frustrating to skate. But it’s a cool spot to see.
Definitely don’t spend all your time in Copenhagen, venture out and you will find stuff. Enjoy!

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 11:43:49 PM »
+1 on remembering to bring your passport on the train over to Malmö, easy to forget.

In Malmö, make ABSOLUTELY SURE you visit Mr. Falafel located on Nobelvägen 39. Order the "Specialtallrik" ("Special plate") - it's an absolute work of fried art and worth a visit to Malmö in itself.

Other than that - get the Shinner App. You'll get every single little spot in both cities conveniently listed.

Grant Patronik

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 02:35:44 PM »
Thank you both for the tips! Fly out next Friday, getting super excited.

Badmeaningood

• Rep: 25
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 04:17:57 AM »
Sibbarp is a must for any trip to Malmo

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 02:16:06 PM »
Go to bars called bodegas some people took me there and it was way cheaper beers and more locals.

Sibbarp is a must for any trip to Malmo

This, especially at sunset.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Grant Patronik

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2022, 09:03:30 PM »
Thank you all for the recommendations! It was a fantastic trip, already dreaming about the day I can go back. Here's a little iPhone edit I put together :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChvpP63p41Z/