Author Topic: Thick hoodies and clothing manufacturers  (Read 2189 times)

Liam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Thick hoodies and clothing manufacturers
« on: July 29, 2022, 12:34:05 AM »
What's up, I'm looking for a thick hoodie for fall.
Looked at hoodies in my local shop (it's small) and the best I could find were passport hoodies for sure. Unfortunately none I liked fitted me. Does anybody know what clothing manufacturer passport uses or who else makes thick hoodies?

Thanks in advance

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
Re: Thick hoodies and clothing manufacturers
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 08:18:02 AM »
Depends on what you're looking to spend, I had a Dime hoodie that was really nice and thick but they're pretty pricy. Carhartt hoodies get the job done pretty well.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2022, 08:27:34 AM »
If you don't mind spending a little extra (like maybe double) I would suggest 3sixteen. I bought a hoodie from them like 5 years ago that I wear almost every day for 6 months a year and the cuffs are just now starting to fray. Best hoodie I ever had. I have the zipper one but they make a pullover one too.

It's a slim fit and no logo. I bought mine from Self Edge.
https://www.selfedge.com/sweaters-hoodies?product_id=1368

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2022, 08:36:04 AM »
the belief nyc hoodie is my go-to and it's on sale right now:

https://shop.beliefnyc.com/products/torch-logo-hoody-eggshell-mix

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2022, 08:39:04 AM »
Depends on what you're looking to spend, I had a Dime hoodie that was really nice and thick but they're pretty pricy. Carhartt hoodies get the job done pretty well.
Their price to quality is hard to beat. They make the hoodies in different weights - Light,med,heavy
http://www.carhartt.com/c/men-hoodies-sweatshirts
Free Charlie Rambo

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 667
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2022, 08:44:27 AM »
LA apparel blanks, very thick hoodies with a boxy fit but no strings

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2022, 09:19:22 AM »
Bad marketing but American Giant; very heavy and thick (and I hate those thin light feeling jawns).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 09:26:16 AM by Xen »

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2022, 09:51:49 AM »
they make my fav hoodies! they have a depop where they sell items at a discounted price due to not passing quality check, have minor defects, etc.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2022, 09:59:04 AM »
sport tek super heavyweight hoodies and crewnecks, had mine for years no shrinking

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2022, 10:08:12 AM »
A lot of skate brands use Independent Trading Co for their blanks, might be worth checking out. I know for a fact Crailtap and Independent use them.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2022, 10:11:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
they make my fav hoodies! they have a depop where they sell items at a discounted price due to not passing quality check, have minor defects, etc.

sick thanks for the tip

Shufflessss

• Rep: 34
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2022, 10:28:22 AM »
A lot of skate brands use Independent Trading Co for their blanks, might be worth checking out. I know for a fact Crailtap and Independent use them.

I second this. I work at a printshop and they're the best fitting heavy hoodie. You'll want the IND4000. And it's not owned by super creep Dov Charney like LA Apparel so that's a plus
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

Lhotse’s Pit of Death

• Rep: -403
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2022, 10:49:21 AM »
Roopa Mills is good. Canadian fleece. They do supreme blanks but you can get them for half price and without any branding straight from them.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 770
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2022, 12:06:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Link please

I have supreme and noon goons hoodies and crew necks that are nice and thick. Carhartt WIP chase sweater is nice too.

nothing's been the since same

Doosh215

• Rep: 61
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2022, 04:14:49 PM »
I have a thrasher one (just the basic logo hoodie) that's really thick and one of my favorites to wear in the winter. Although I've probably had it for 10 years now, so idk what theirs are currently like. Not sure if you like baseball at all, but if you can get one of the Majestic ones from before Nike took over the MLB apparel contract they are awesome. Really thick and warm. I have a Phillies majestic one that's probably my favorite hoodie for when it's cold out and I don't want to wear a jacket. I hate that Nike makes all the MLB stuff now, Majestic was the shit.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2022, 04:37:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Their price to quality is hard to beat. They make the hoodies in different weights - Light,med,heavy

Echoing this sentiment…

https://www.carhartt.com/product/K121/loose-fit-midweight-sweatshirt?colorCode=undefined_SW

I skated in this sweatshirt all last winter including mornings when it was below 20 degrees Fahrenheit in Philly with just a t-shirt underneath and no jacket.  It’s extremely comfortable and very warm without being close to unbearably heavy.  Looks like the price went up but I think it was only $39.99 when I bought it.  Can’t recommend it enough for the price and it’s very durable. 

GT

• Rep: -15
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2022, 05:13:08 PM »

streetpunk

• Rep: 4
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2022, 09:26:05 PM »
Champion reverse weave

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2022, 10:57:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Echoing this sentiment…

https://www.carhartt.com/product/K121/loose-fit-midweight-sweatshirt?colorCode=undefined_SW

I skated in this sweatshirt all last winter including mornings when it was below 20 degrees Fahrenheit in Philly with just a t-shirt underneath and no jacket.  It’s extremely comfortable and very warm without being close to unbearably heavy.  Looks like the price went up but I think it was only $39.99 when I bought it.  Can’t recommend it enough for the price and it’s very durable.

+3

Arborwear makes super heavy weight hoodies as well. Spendy but solid with HUGE hoods. Carharrt is good for the ticket though. Hoods could be bigger but they're thick, water resistant and warm as fuck. There's a reason fisherman/construction/trades workers worethemt before they were trending
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2022, 03:20:29 AM »
I'm a big fan of Bayside, I've had one of their crew necks forever and it's thiccc. US made with certain options also using union labor if you care about that too.

https://usabayside.com/

kneesandbones

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2022, 07:17:09 AM »
I'm a big fan of Bayside, I've had one of their crew necks forever and it's thiccc. US made with certain options also using union labor if you care about that too.

https://usabayside.com/

I was gonna say Bayside Apparel too.  I try to buy American made anything whenever I can.  I wear the Bayside crewneck sweatshirt.  I last bought one here https://www.clothingshoponline.com/p/bayside/1102_usa-made-crewneck-sweatshirt

sadnocomply

• Rep: 132
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2022, 10:50:20 AM »
I have a thrasher one (just the basic logo hoodie) that's really thick and one of my favorites to wear in the winter. Although I've probably had it for 10 years now, so idk what theirs are currently like. Not sure if you like baseball at all, but if you can get one of the Majestic ones from before Nike took over the MLB apparel contract they are awesome. Really thick and warm. I have a Phillies majestic one that's probably my favorite hoodie for when it's cold out and I don't want to wear a jacket. I hate that Nike makes all the MLB stuff now, Majestic was the shit.
majestic for life. Loved when people would ask me if the logo hit was the majestic liquor store sponsor

Liam

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2022, 08:23:45 AM »
First of all I want to thank all of you for replying. It's really helpful to get a picture of what's out there.

Expand Quote
[close]

I second this. I work at a printshop and they're the best fitting heavy hoodie. You'll want the IND4000. And it's not owned by super creep Dov Charney like LA Apparel so that's a plus

Damn i should've mentioned i live in Germany. I checked Independent Trading Co and they're just what I'm looking for. Unfortunately they don't ship to Europe themselves. Guess I'll have to figure out a triangle connection. If anybody has experience with ordering Independent Trading Co to Europe, that would also be appreciated.

Thanks again, you guys rule

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2022, 01:15:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have a LABOR skateshop hoody that is printed sewn on an independent Trading co blank hoody- very thick, but not too heavy- the comfiest hoody i own for sure! might have to check out the fit type/ number you suggested!

Edit: My Labor hoody is the IND4000 fit so i can highly recommend!

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2022, 01:51:42 AM »
just want to add, anyone know who frog sources crewnecks from? they arent very high quality but the fit is amazing on me

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2022, 12:19:09 PM »
First of all I want to thank all of you for replying. It's really helpful to get a picture of what's out there.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Damn i should've mentioned i live in Germany. I checked Independent Trading Co and they're just what I'm looking for. Unfortunately they don't ship to Europe themselves. Guess I'll have to figure out a triangle connection. If anybody has experience with ordering Independent Trading Co to Europe, that would also be appreciated.

Thanks again, you guys rule

ey brudi schau mal hier:

https://www.foxxshirts.de/independent-men-s-heavyweight-hooded-pullover.html?color=090C0E_642406

EDIT: das ist der IND4000
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 01:28:56 PM by Frank »

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2022, 01:22:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ITC make a few diff hoods, the 4000 is the most common, seen spitfire, passport, butter goods and many others use this. Their thickest, heaviest is the 5000, the Legend hood. It’s reverse weave too like champion hoods, so little to no vertical shrinkage.

https://www.independenttradingco.com/products/legend-cross-grain-mens-heavyweight-hooded-pullover-ind5000p

Edit: just seen your comment about living in Germany. You can probably still get a blank off Amazon? Seen them on there shipping international
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2022, 06:37:49 PM »
I've scored some champion crews from the thrift store, 8bux and 3bux respectively, and they're on point 8)
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

chris.

• Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2022, 07:20:38 PM »
No useful information here, just want to shout out this 20 year old Matix hoody that I was just admiring while folding laundry. Made In USA and an absolute tank. Been in regular use since i got it (my mom/sister had it for about a decade and wore it all the time until I realized it fit me even better now and took it back)

GrapeApeAffe

• Rep: 8
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2022, 09:13:26 PM »
I’m a big guy but I have a very long torso.  My problem is always getting hoodies that are too short and always ride up. 

I gave up on skate brands and found a North Face hoodie at their outlet that is extra long and nice and roomy as well as thick.